At least some pictures were saved.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
I thought some might have been missing bc you posted this:

Quote:
And two more I can't identify
I referring to two other broken images in the OP that I am unable to identify because tbh I hardly take the time to look at the entire OP.

As such, it's true that I don't know if I have them all or really how I even got what I have.
Somehow a folder of images from an older version of this thread showed up on my Acer. I must have accidentally clicked 'save page' at some point while meaning to save a single image.

Quote:
I admit I didn't get a chance to check them all bc I was only popping by during a break in class. Hopefully nothing is missing, but I also should have backups saved, so between the two of us the OP should be covered.

Quote:
IDK if there was a miscommunication error or what, bc I believe I'm the one who re-added the art to the OP after you provided the folder. I didn't reupload anything or use another server, only the links provided. Perhaps I clicked the wrong folder or grabbed older links?

I can fix the OP tomorrow, I'll have some time.
NP, whenever you are able.
I'd offer to do the link replacing after getting all the broken images identified but since I am neither the thread starter or a mod I literally can't.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 09-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Absolute Fan

OP is fixed. It thankfully was easy since you did, in fact, provide all the links in your post, Ashes Fall. None of the art was missing, I believe.

https://zaerinelle.tumblr.com/post/94299911688

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 09-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Excellent, thanx Straws.

Quote:

I love how Angel's face is like:
"Uh huh, right, let's go with that."

Reminds me of this from 'Dead End':

"There's only one thing we can do."
"Oh, God."
"Oh, no."
"The karaoke bar."
"Angel's gonna sing?"
"Isn't there another way?"
"There has to be. Think damn it!"

Poor Angel, his singing is always regarded as a sign of an apocalypse.

It's real that DB can't sing but he's not terrible and if he's having fun with it like he does on Bones, you almost can't tell.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 09-20-2019 at 07:55 PM
Old 09-21-2019, 07:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I love how Angel's face is like:
"Uh huh, right, let's go with that."
lol Right? He wasn't fooled at all.

Also can we talk about Ms. 'tact is just not saying true stuff - i'll pass' lying to spare his feelings.

I also like to think about Angel being grumpy and jealous that Cordy likes Lindsay's singing so much especially b/c he knows she finds his terrible.
Quote:
It's real that DB can't sing but he's not terrible and if he's having fun with it like he does on Bones, you almost can't tell.
Angel may be a horrible singer but he's also a hottie so someone would still tip him, I'm sure lol.

Old 09-21-2019, 06:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Also can we talk about Ms. 'tact is just not saying true stuff - i'll pass' lying to spare his feelings.
Crap, that never occurred to me!
Ms. speaks her mind, blunt honesty actually lied to spare Angel's feelings.

Quote:

I also like to think about Angel being grumpy and jealous that Cordy likes Lindsay's singing so much especially b/c he knows she finds his terrible.
That was some hardcore jellin' for Angel.
The whole team was fanboying/girling Lindsey's singing but it was only Cordy's fangirling he was paying attention to.

A few seconds later after everyone, including Lorne shushes him, he looked like he wanted to grab her arm and yank her outta there, then take singing lessons--or pull an Ursula and pwn the bastard.

Quote:
Angel may be a horrible singer but he's also a hottie so someone would still tip him, I'm sure lol.
I would!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 09-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Angel's jealousy there. lol
Old 09-22-2019, 05:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Ms. speaks her mind, blunt honesty actually lied to spare Angel's feelings.
I think she did that a few times, didn't she? She'd say something very blunt and maybe a little hurtful and then backpedal to spare Angel after it was clear he was upset.

He spared her feelings too. Her 'lobster' business cards and her acting in that play come to mind.

Quote:
A few seconds later after everyone, including Lorne shushes him, he looked like he wanted to grab her arm and yank her outta there, then take singing lessons--or pull an Ursula and pwn the bastard.
Oh, god, Angel at singing lessons. I feel like his poor teacher would quit and declare him a lost cause.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think she did that a few times, didn't she? She'd say something very blunt and maybe a little hurtful and then backpedal to spare Angel after it was clear he was upset.
It just occurred to me that she sorta did it for both Angel and Wesley as well in 'To Shanshu in LA':
Cordy: "I hope you can figure out what the lawyers raised sometime before the prophecy kicks in, and you croak- that was the old me, wasn't it?"
Angel "I like them both."

(Side note: BuffyWorld, which provided episode transcrips is gone!
I'm using SpringfieldSpringfield.co.uk now which isn't as clear or clean hence some incorrect and absence of some character tags but at least it's something.)

Quote:
He spared her feelings too. Her 'lobster' business cards and her acting in that play come to mind.
Unfortunately, drug-induced Angelus later ruined his censorship about the play but she ended up actually appreciating that.
"Angelus might not be the most soothing company but at least he's honest. Shouldn't I expect the same of the non-evil versions of my friends?"
(That one was from memory )

Quote:
Oh, god, Angel at singing lessons. I feel like his poor teacher would quit and declare him a lost cause.
I imagine it would be Lorne though it's equally as likely that Lorne would straight up go "uh uh, sorry honey, not touching that."
Poor baby.
Cordy is actually so much worse, she literally has one of those glass breaking voices.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 09-23-2019, 08:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
(Side note: BuffyWorld, which provided episode transcrips is gone!
I'm using SpringfieldSpringfield.co.uk now which isn't as clear or clean hence some incorrect and absence of some character tags but at least it's something.)
Does Waybackmachine work for you? It's working for me for now. *knock on wood*

https://web.archive.org/web/2018*/ww...l/transcripts/

Quote:
It just occurred to me that she sorta did it for both Angel and Wesley as well in 'To Shanshu in LA':
Cordy: "I hope you can figure out what the lawyers raised sometime before the prophecy kicks in, and you croak- that was the old me, wasn't it?"
Angel "I like them both."
I know there are a lot more instances of this, I just can't think of them rn. Of course, we also have moments where her Queen of Tactlessness comes into play.
The "you love me?" "not you dumbass, him!" moment with Cordy, Angel, & Groo comes to mind lol.

Quote:
Unfortunately, drug-induced Angelus later ruined his censorship about the play but she ended up actually appreciating that.
"Angelus might not be the most soothing company but at least he's honest. Shouldn't I expect the same of the non-evil versions of my friends?"
(That one was from memory )
I love fic that explores a chained up Angelus and a vengeful Cordelia.

Quote:
Cordy is actually so much worse, she literally has one of those glass breaking voices.
True, but Cordy has her confidence and 'fake it till you make it' working for her. She believes she's a good singer, at least...lmao
Angel looks in pain every second he's on stage. You can feel the cringe.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Does Waybackmachine work for you? It's working for me for now. *knock on wood*

https://web.archive.org/web/2018*/ww...l/transcripts/
I'd not heard of that, that's awesome!

Quote:
I know there are a lot more instances of this, I just can't think of them rn. Of course, we also have moments where her Queen of Tactlessness comes into play.
The "you love me?" "not you dumbass, him!" moment with Cordy, Angel, & Groo comes to mind lol.

That totally crushed poor Angel.
"She loves me too! Right? As a friend, or a co-worker? Maybe love's too strong a word."

Quote:
I love fic that explores a chained up Angelus and a vengeful Cordelia.
One, in particular, comes to mind:
Torture by psychophilly.

Quote:
True, but Cordy has her confidence and 'fake it till you make it' working for her. She believes she's a good singer, at least...lmao
Angel looks in pain every second he's on stage. You can feel the cringe.
That she does and Angel, oh geeze, that 'Mandy' performance was practically robotic! >_<

Lorne is like: "You've ruined the sanctity of my stage!"

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 09-25-2019, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Some pretty

https://boothseeleybooth.tumblr.com/post/45491639893
Old 09-25-2019, 12:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I love that so much!
So classy Cor.

Really, I don't see how he could have helped it if he tried.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 09-26-2019, 06:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That totally crushed poor Angel.
"She loves me too! Right? As a friend, or a co-worker? Maybe love's too strong a word."
I love that moment (even tho I do feel a little bad for Angel there) but it's also kinda hilarious how bluntly Cordy she is when she says that lol. Plus I think that was one of the instances of Angel slowly starting to realize (he was still deeply in denial, the dork lol) his feelings for her were surpassing friendship.

Ugh, S2 (especially the last half) is legit such perfect CA buildup...Season 4? Late half of S3? I don't know her.

I listen to the Still Dead podcast and they just finished covering season 4. They don't ship CA (well, one of the hosts does, but not that much, however the other host is not here for it at all so that makes me a little sad and isn't always my favorite thing to hear lmao but I can respect differences of opinion) anyway, ramble aside, other than that it's been pretty therapeutic/fun to hear them tear S4 to shreds. It's not even in a malicious way, either, they tried to find positive things about S4 but barely could. Seeing them narratively try to break down S4's BS and slowly becoming more and more frustrated until they just couldn't...S4 is truly one of the worst season's of any television show ever. And all these years later I'm still petty and bitter and enjoyed commiserating lol.

Their 'Because Jasmine' episode was especially entertaining.
https://chipperish.com/2019/09/10/42...mine-s4-17-18/

Was she saying that just to be quippy and teasing him/kinda unconsciously flirting or was she referencing a past training mishap? I mean, probably not (cause she would've made a bigger deal out of it), but it's kinda funny to think about.
Quote:
Lorne is like: "You've ruined the sanctity of my stage!"
LMAO he sang it so aggressively. Imagine being a customer in that bar. Angel looking like he had a gun to his head forcing him on stage. That, uh, would've been something.

Old 09-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I love that moment (even tho I do feel a little bad for Angel there) but it's also kinda hilarious how bluntly Cordy she is when she says that lol. Plus I think that was one of the instances of Angel slowly starting to realize (he was still deeply in denial, the dork lol) his feelings for her were surpassing friendship.
I concur that seeing Cordy defend Groo and declare love for him was a significant enlightener for Angel, one that strongly brought out a sense of jealousy much like when she praised Lindsey's singing.

Quote:
Ugh, S2 (especially the last half) is legit such perfect CA buildup...Season 4? Late half of S3? I don't know her.
Amen.

Quote:
I listen to the Still Dead podcast and they just finished covering season 4. They don't ship CA (well, one of the hosts does, but not that much, however the other host is not here for it at all so that makes me a little sad and isn't always my favorite thing to hear lmao but I can respect differences of opinion) anyway, ramble aside, other than that it's been pretty therapeutic/fun to hear them tear S4 to shreds. It's not even in a malicious way, either, they tried to find positive things about S4 but barely could. Seeing them narratively try to break down S4's BS and slowly becoming more and more frustrated until they just couldn't...S4 is truly one of the worst season's of any television show ever. And all these years later I'm still petty and bitter and enjoyed commiserating lol.
Interesting, so this podcast essentially did a Mythbusters on season 4, actually proving that it's a foot that had to be mutilated to fit the slipper.

Quote:
Was she saying that just to be quippy and teasing him/kinda unconsciously flirting or was she referencing a past training mishap? I mean, probably not (cause she would've made a bigger deal out of it), but it's kinda funny to think about.
Perhaps a bit of both?
You make a fair point that she probably would have displayed a lot more discomfort had there been a prior incident but at the same time, I expect that would be difficult to prevent and her face was pretty dead--er undead serious.

Quote:
LMAO he sang it so aggressively. Imagine being a customer in that bar. Angel looking like he had a gun to his head forcing him on stage. That, uh, would've been something.
I might have to YT it, it's been a long time. I just recall it sounded totally robotic and that yeah, he did have an expression that suggested he was at gunpoint.
I imagine that had to be difficult for DB to pull off judging by the more natural fun he has with his singing parts in Bones.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 09-26-2019 at 12:50 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread