Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2019, 03:42 PM
New Fan

What happened in the reunion between them?
Old 06-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I can't really remember much from it tbh...

I think he had named his dragon Cordelia, & didn't she appear as a ghost sometime?
He named his dragon Cordelia by accident because he was talking to a hallucination of Cordy while seriously injured and in excruciating pain because W&H had thrown the entire city of L.A into Hell and made Angel human to handicap him.

The real Cordelia appeared to him as a higher being on the astral plane Skip/'Birthday' style while he was dying courtesy of a Vampire!Gunn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangel1987 (View Post)
What happened in the reunion between them?
Tbh as beautiful as 'You're Welcome' was this kinda kicked its ass.

Wesley (who is a ghost-like Spike was, visible but non-corporal) shows Angel a vision he dug out of W&H's archives of him causing an apocalypse and not necessarily as Angelus if memory serves. This causes him to want to embrace death.

Cordelia convinces him that it's bull****, that he made his own fate and that the world still needed him to be the hero.
She also addresses him multiple times using endearments most common between romantic partners such as 'Honey' and 'Sweetie'.

It's simply beautiful and Cordelia is exquisitely Cordelia. Further redeemed from the bi-polar mess she was post-WITW onward.

Her memory is there even before this.

Connor is also ultimately fixed. He is hit with memories of his pre-Holtz infancy with Angel and Cordelia and not only finally embraces Angel as his father but even acknowledges Cordelia as his surrogate mother.
(I have no idea how he was able to remember his infancy and the text doesn't explain. A vampiric thing is my best guess )

Even he calls the Angel/Apocolypse vision crap.

Some sample shots:

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-01-2019, 08:09 PM
New Fan

Thank you so much for posting it ♥ I didn't know that Angel named the dragon after Cordelia, as well as I didnt know that Angel was human again. I have heard that Gunn is now a vampire, but it´s a bit weird. Maybe I shall give at least the Angel comics a chance.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thank you so much for posting it ♥ I didn't know that Angel named the dragon after Cordelia, as well as I didnt know that Angel was human again. I have heard that Gunn is now a vampire, but it´s a bit weird. Maybe I shall give at least the Angel comics a chance.
This is the last comment I'm gonna make as to not give too much away but Human!Angel and Vampire!Gunn are temporary situations.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-02-2019, 12:21 PM
New Fan

Thanks for writing about it - at least I know a little bit more now. Many thanks ♥ But I would have liked if Cordelia had been there until the end of the series - maybe someone knows some good fanfiction?
Old 06-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks for writing about it - at least I know a little bit more now. Many thanks ♥ But I would have liked if Cordelia had been there until the end of the series - maybe someone knows some good fanfiction?
We all would have preferred it if she'd lived to the end, even CHARISMA herself would have.
She literally broke down sobbing when she found out that YW was her swan song.
Her participation in that episode was manipulated with a side of betrayal not to mention that she wasn't even the first choice. The episode was intended for Buffy but SMG was unable to appear.
In the end, however, CC did want to do it. Once she read the script she was very moved. She and David got so emotional in that last scene that at one point they had to take a break from shooting.

As for fanfiction, I can spot you there as well as I'm into them myself.
Here is my personal rec list:
https://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com/30566.html

and here are full archives exclusively dedicated to C/A.
just fic
https://goteamfiction.com
https://angelsoasisfanfictionarchive.wordpress.com
https://archive.shriftweb.org/archive/AngelCordy.html
https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Ang...%20Chase/works

Fanfiction authors absolutely do them better justice than the show.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 06-02-2019 at 09:27 PM
Old 06-02-2019, 11:32 PM
New Fan

That's more than mean towards Charisma - she was the cast member from the start of the series the lead female

Dont get me wrong I like Sarah but that is a another thing.

Charisma should have been the first one to be asked if she had time or wanted to join

Charisma/Cordelia is by far my all time favorite and I am still sad what happened with her.

Every time I watch that episode I cry. Thats why I always press the stop button when I know the "annoying" phone starts ringing.

Thank you so much for the links ♥
Old 06-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's more than mean towards Charisma - she was the cast member from the start of the series the lead female

Dont get me wrong I like Sarah but that is a another thing.

Charisma should have been the first one to be asked if she had time or wanted to join
Amen to that.
Even writer David Fry called it a godsend because "Charisma was outstanding".

Quote:
Charisma/Cordelia is by far my all time favorite and I am still sad what happened with her.
Same, which is so surreal considering that I was as dismissive of her as the Scoobies when I first watched BtVS.
I didn't learn to love her until AtS around 'To Shanshu in LA'.

Quote:
Every time I watch that episode I cry. Thats why I always press the stop button when I know the "annoying" phone starts ringing.

Thank you so much for the links ♥
Both David and Charisma should have gotten an Emmy for that final scene, that was by far the most epic kiss on television.
I'll never get over Angel's expression, how he was so contently lost in her.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-03-2019, 09:34 PM
New Fan

I must also confess that in the beginning Cordelia was not one of my favorites. I liked her from the beginning, but she was not my favorite before. But in Sunnydale she already had moments where I really liked her. As example, when she brought Buffy home without a mean comment.

I fell in love with her as she slowly grew up in Los Angeles. The same applies to Angel. In Sunnydale he was just a dork - sorry if I say it that way. The same thought I also had when he returned to Sunnydale in season 6. I just wondered: where was our friend Angel from Los Angeles? He doesn't behave like the vampire, we have learn to know over the last few years. But it just mine opinion. And over that I was sooo annoyed, I can`t place it in words.

Oh sorry back to the subject. I also feel in love with Cordelia as well as Angel when they was in Los Angeles ♥ Both have grown together, they have seen the best and the worst of each other and still be there for each other. And I just wonder how people cold say it feelt forced?? I didnt see the point - for me it also feelt more than realistic as only lets say other: attraction. There is really no "thrashing" intended.

As much as I love "You're Welcome" after that episode I always feel devasted Because there was so many things which we didnt get a view of -.- Sometimes, I also look for fanfics where Cordelia didnt die - or where both will find each other after the series end. Sorry if I talk "crap" right now but always if i watch that final kiss, I get depressed.

I hope the english doesnt sound weird for you and you could understand it. Since english isnt my native language.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And I just wonder how people cold say it feelt forced??
Although this is the first I am hearing this particular one, there are several excuses out there that folks argue that Angel didn't love Cordelia but it's all a load of crap made up by Bangel fans who can't let go.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-04-2019, 09:23 AM
New Fan

Yes, I need to agree with you. Most of the time it was some Bangel who have said that - but I just wonder where the sense is? I mean for me it feelt more naturelly more as some other couple - I cant think of.

Last edited by Cangel1987; 06-04-2019 at 11:11 AM
Old 06-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I believe they're the most natural couple in both series. Possibly even the healthiest.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 06-04-2019, 04:24 PM
New Fan

That is exactly what I think too. I just wonder, why some others don't see that?
Old 06-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey CA fans

I haevn't been to this thread in a while. How is everyone?

I need to catch up on the convos in here.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 06-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Extreme Fan

STRAWS! I've missed you!

Just found this on Google:
"Did you call me a tit?"

I actually kinda liked the C/A/S trio chemistry in YW.
Those two idiots badly needed her to smack them upside the heads when they squabbled.

they win"
- Stephen King
Closed Thread   Post New Thread