Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I just always kinda thought that when a person turned into a vampire, that person was pretty much dead & their soul would have gone to heaven if they had been a good person, & then there was just this demon riding around in their body with their memories, personality etc, but it wasn't them.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I just always kinda thought that when a person turned into a vampire, that person was pretty much dead & their soul would have gone to heaven if they had been a good person, & then there was just this demon riding around in their body with their memories, personality etc, but it wasn't them.

I actually do see what you are saying... but I see it a bit differently. lol Angel even when he was Liam wasn't the best version of himself, his best version was actually vampire soulful Angel...
ANd as Angel said, even with the soul he's done things he wish he could take back.
It's not any of the vamps fault that they are vampires but sadly they are and that's who they are now, with or without a soul. Which is why when Buffy killed Angel he went to hell. Probably if he reverted back to human, things would've been different? ...

.... I think we just won't agree on it. lol So I guess we can just have our own view points on this topic.

I would love if Darla is looking over Connor though, and what you said about Darla's soul being in a good place is true... although the soul thing with Darla is interesting, cause she really didn't ever have one as a vampire, when she was pregnant it was her son's soul, but episode 'Inside Out' gave some optimism.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, you don't have to agree with me, I was just trying to explain my viewpoint & where it came from seeing as they never really stated it for sure on the show

& it was Connor's soul that allowed her to feel love & to be selfless enough to stake herself when he was born. I never understood that fully either tbh....just because I thought if he had a soul, she must have been feeling it the entire time she was pregnant & not just in that last day, maybe she was & we didn't see it. Or maybe in the Buffyverse you only get a soul a couple days before you're born
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, you don't have to agree with me, I was just trying to explain my viewpoint & where it came from seeing as they never really stated it for sure on the show

& it was Connor's soul that allowed her to feel love & to be selfless enough to stake herself when he was born. I never understood that fully either tbh....just because I thought if he had a soul, she must have been feeling it the entire time she was pregnant & not just in that last day, maybe she was & we didn't see it. Or maybe in the Buffyverse you only get a soul a couple days before you're born

No I understand your viewpoint. I just think that we both kind of disagree with each other's viewpoints which is why I said we can just agree to disagree.

Now that I 100% agreed with... I disliked the way Darla was kind of written in the beginning of Season 3, she only feels the soul when she reunites with Angel and the Fang Gang? I never understood that either, I always wondered that when I watch it. I mean she was like 8 months pregnant, and she felt nothing? and then suddenly she starts acting nice and stuff... it was all done, not the best for me.

I guess once she saw the baby on the monitor, that's when it really hit her that it was a real life insider of her with a soul... I don't know.. I'm with you on that.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it's kinda hard to judge what all that was about & decide on my canon to make sense of it I like the moment with the baby monitor though, her face & then her trying to pretend it didn't get to her was just so perfect

I guess up until then you could also argue that she wasn't actually sure that the baby was really human with a soul.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, it's kinda hard to judge what all that was about & decide on my canon to make sense of it I like the moment with the baby monitor though, her face & then her trying to pretend it didn't get to her was just so perfect

I guess up until then you could also argue that she wasn't actually sure that the baby was really human with a soul.

Yeah even after the fight with the vamps at the hospital, Angel knew it was getting to her but Darla tried to shrug it off like it wasn't. I think before that, Darla thought it was this demon breaking into her, and just wanted to cause her more pain because she knew it was [at that time] impossible for vamps to get pregnant, so I understand Darla wanting to get rid of it before she knew what was in her.

I do wish it was written a bit better though.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, I get that the writers wanted the shock at the end of 3x01, & then I guess actually showing a 9 month pregnancy would have sucked up a lot of time so it was easier for them to just start towards the end of it, but I feel like we missed out on a lot of important moments.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Me too, I get that the writers wanted the shock at the end of 3x01, & then I guess actually showing a 9 month pregnancy would have sucked up a lot of time so it was easier for them to just start towards the end of it, but I feel like we missed out on a lot of important moments.

I know. we did miss a lot of important moments, now as we discuss it, it makes me more upset.

Thanks for bringing that up, Sophia. lol
Old 08-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It's what I'm here for
Old 08-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ To make me remember why I should be upset?
Old 05-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder if life would've been different for him if Darla with a soul was around...
Old 05-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the scenes Darla had with her son
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I loved the scenes Darla had with her son
Same here! I wanted so much more.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

If she could have held him just once
Old 05-13-2019, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
If she could have held him just once
I know. It is so tragic she never got to meet him or hold him.
Reply   Post New Thread