Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love season 1 also, although it's not my #1 favorite, I just enjoy watching the episodes over and over again. Doyle was awesome, I cry everytime I see him die. and Wes was funny in that season, he was brough into the show because he was suppose to be the comic releaf that's how it started I read.
And Cordy was just starting to get the hang at being a heroin.
~MelBelle~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Wesley was a poor sub for Doyle, sure he came in as a comic relief, but he became more of a dark character. I think I prefer that over his comic-self.

Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I liked both. I mean I was so sad when Doyle died I needed some laughter and Wes brought it to light. Then when we got use to the idea of having him around longer, he grew into being more, and more interesting and fantastic.
~MelBelle~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

who couldn't love the Rogue.. Demon hunter...
Old 12-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Let's see, season one is actually my least favorite season. I think the later seasons had soooo much to offer-like season four && five &&three. Season One at times could be boring, but I personally think the show got even better when Wesley came on to it. Wes is actually my third favorite character on the show-along with Angel and Fred. This doesnt include Spike, who would def. be top three too. so idk =]

Though my favorite episode -IWRY is in this season, so i cant fight it. this episode is perfect, just perfect. there are a lot of good episodes this season though.

And I will never forget Angel and Wes dancing! I have watched that so many times and each time I hysterically laugh!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Though my favorite episode -IWRY is in this season, so i cant fight it. this episode is perfect, just perfect. there are a lot of good episodes this season though.
That episode is perfect. A total tease, and heartbreaking. But beautiful nonetheless.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

That episode takes me breath away. I know the entire final mintute between by heart and I can cry, and cry just thinking about it. Everything in this episode makes me love them more, it was beautiful.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Totally agree! it's just one of those episodes that does indeed take your breath away. SMG and David did such a fine job with it, and so did the writers.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

S1 was a good season but while it had the potential to be great, there were too many unnecessary episodes (*cough*She*cough) that brought it down. It was great in the sense that it introduces the main themes of ATS and many of it's important characters but I just didn't connect as much to the season. I felt as if most of what was being introduced to new fans, had been seen already on BTVS from Wes, Angel and Cordy so it got to be a bit redundant.

It's not my least favourite but it's not the greatest either.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

there was only one a couple episodes i really really disliked season one *coughshecoughIWRYcough* both of the episodes actually caused me to get up and leave the room on a few occasions.

i loved all the first 9 episodes (with the exception of one) i loved the chemistry between a/c/d i bawled like a big baby when he died in hero i kept waiting for him to get that light thing disconnected with my heart in my throat tears streaming
i loved parting gifts so much i wasn't totally sure how i felt about wes joining them but soon i loved the a/c/w

angel actually had a personality (other than when he was soulless) which was a thrilling thing for me to see. cordy had a lot more to her that queen c and wesley was more than a bumbling failed watcher

fave episodes of the season were
city of
in the dark (oz and spike )
rm w/a vu
bachelor party
sense&sensitivity (i actually liked kate in that episode cause she was hilarious)
hero for obvious reasons
parting gift cordy kissing everyone to get rid of the visions was priceless, cordy was tied up and she hugged angel in vamp face and said she new he would find her, then the closing scene, we find out that him cooking for her and doyle had become a tradition and noe wes was going to be invited into that tradition
the ring
expecting
eternity
to shanshu in la

even the 2 i hated had some aspects i loved like one of them has angel imagining himself dancing like a dork and wesley actually doing his version of dork disco. and the other one had really great angel/cordy/doyle moments
Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

So much love for this season. I didn't really appreciate it as much for the first viewing but after seeing it again I love it so much more. It was just the beginning of our gang's journey.

Some of my fave scenes that make me laugh/cry:

"I'm a rogue demon hunter now."

"Wow... What's a rogue demon?"

"I'm bad! I'm evil!"

"Just do it... Just kill me!"
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

s1 is actually my favorite season of ats
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

I should rewatch it It's my least favorite, but I think - like many of you said above - after rewatching it I'll learn to love it more. I love how it is the beginning though. The start of the Cordy and Angel friendship, the awesome addition of Wes to the cast and the story of Doyle. I loved Angel and his start for redemption. And something I enjoyed with S1 - you felt Buffy and that shows presence there for a bit.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

i never really did feel any buffy/btvs presence except in a few episodes and even in most of those i did not feel buffy's presence
Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootyfnfrooty (View Post)
i never really did feel any buffy/btvs presence except in a few episodes and even in most of those i did not feel buffy's presence
Really? I felt both BtVS and Buffy herself were a huge prescence for the first season. I didn't feel it until the second season that the show finally stood on it's own two feet and then the third season it felt completely removed from BtVS (which is probably why it's my fave).
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread