Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Addicted Fan

omg that was sooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!

I cant belive GUnn that was sooo sad!! i hope he comes back!

and basically i loved all of it. about the end of the worldi didtn get it. so what is it?? gosh i hope we find out

Bhery
Old 04-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

i loved this show. it was soooooooo good. spike at the beginning was so funny with angel avengers and then angels face.

i feel so bad for gunn and what they will do with him but i don't think he'll be gone. i miss fred too.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

But what was the purpose of having his heart "changed", I guess, daily?

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh, I forgot one of my favorite parts!

Angel: *laughs mockingly* "Angel's Avengers? That's..." *stops and thinks about it*

That had me rolling. I love David's facial expressions. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-15-2004: Message edited *Sweetie* ]

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
*Sweetie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I usually skip the credits because I know what's in them, so I don't know why I checked them out last night, but it was interesting to see MM had been added.

Best parts of the ep.
- spike, beer, and a briefcase
- angel's avengers - totally cracked me up
- smurf
- a world of nothing but shrimp
- angel and spike cringeing from the sun
- a handsome man saved me from the monsters (almost made me cry)
- harm, lorne, eve: aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
- angel: that really is a nice suit
- hamilton: sign here and here and, ah initial here
- nightmares used to walk about and dance for our amusemnent, now they are trapped inside humans, faint echos of themselves, I wonder which gods they so offended to be punished in this manner.

So much went on in this episode that its really hard after only watching once to figure out everything that's going on, but that's the joy that is angel.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Any one remember this qoute from ep 5.2 ?

SPIKE
I'm not the prat here. I know you, Angel. What do you think you're doing? Made some devil's bargain to take over this company. Thought you'd use it to fight the evil of the world from inside the belly of the beast. Trouble is you're too busy fighting to see you and yours are getting digested.

Sound Familliar, Of COurse it does Lorne used the Same anolagy In 5.17 when he was at the Bar he said something about returning to the Belly of the Beast...Just thought I'd point that out...
Old 04-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Passionate Fan

How do you guy rate Illyria as a Big Bad? Is she at the level at Glory.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bronson:
<STRONG>How do you guy rate Illyria as a Big Bad? Is she at the level at Glory.</STRONG>
Oh, heck no. And technically she's not 'bad'. Just... lost.

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
*Sweetie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Total Fan

I'm a little pissed about losing so many characters in one season. I mean losing Fred was terrible and now Gunn! WHY?! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I mean its not going to be AI when the show ends and that sucks!
Old 04-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Total Fan

double post

[ 04-16-2004: Message edited AnimalCrackers ]
Old 04-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Stuff did happen with Wes and Illyria. Wes has learned more about the Smurf, Illyria is showing human tendencies... I thought it was quite interesting.

I love Eve and Harmony together, again a funny combination, but much better with Lorne thrown in.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:28 PM
New Fan

Very interesting episode. The big highlights for me were the scenes between Angel and Gunn. Did anyone else find Angel's atonement a touch hypocritical, considering that he has not confessed to the mindwipe and his part in bringing the others to Wolfram & Hart? I did. By the way, both Boreanaz and Richards were first-class. I hope the latter will be considered for next year's Saturn Awards. Another great scene was Lindsey's speech to Angel near the end. God, I love Christian Kane! He was sexy and snarky, in one big delicious package.

DB and JM, as usual, continue their marvelous on-screen chemistry, especially in the opening scene. It was great how the scene went from humor to pathos.

As for Wes and Illyria . . . I don't know. It was interesting . . . somewhat. I think that unless they're playing good friends, Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker really don't gave good chemistry on-screen. Denisof's acting was great, but with Acker, the two nearly tripped up the episode.
RosieP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Rosie I agree. I liked Wesley obsessing over Fred and Fred looking innocent and beautiful through his eyes.

When they got together for the 2 minutes in between "SmileTime" and "AHITW" it was cute and intense but JUST because the events after were so tragic.

I loved them together but for it to work it def had to be mixed with hard drama like Wesley's obsession always was.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I guess I am in the minority, but I really like Ilyria. I like AA's portrayal of her. I am fascinated with all of the ticks and even just the change in her voice. Amy does such an exceptional job that I enjoy watching those scenes.

Alexis is always at his best when he is playing the tortured Wesley, so again, I'm loving it.

I also love the word-play and the back and forth with the characters. You really have to listen to catch what they are saying, it is so quick.

I thought the beginning scene was great, but redundant. I mean, I realize there was a long break so I guess it was to remind us about what had happened, but that is what "previously on Angel" is for. I mean, would Angel really call a meeting like that? Of course he knows where everybody is! But, of course without the meeting we wouldn't have Spike wearing the duster with a briefcase! And the "listening with beer" quote. Loved them both.

I think it was anti-climatic in a way to say that the battle has already started and no one noticed. Well, anti-climatic and creepy. I think it'll be great in the end though.

Looking forward to Connor next week.

And, I was excited to be Adam Baldwin, but seeing him last night just made me miss Jayne. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

I liked most of this ep....I wanted Eve to get a belly full of Adam Baldwin's fist...

I liked the banter between Spike and Angel. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I liked Lorne...just because he is Lorne.

Lindsey needs a haircut.

Gunn needs to get rescued.

Wes needs to get over it.

Illyria...(or however you spell it)needs to die.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Claudia