Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2020, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for this week's BOOM! Buffy # 18.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #18 - BuffyForums

Spoiler:
comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for tomorrow's Willow # 4.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow #4 - BuffyForums

Spoiler:
Old 10-21-2020, 10:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Info on Faith's intro into BOOM!'s Buffyverse.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/boom...slayer-comics/

Boom Gives New Origin To Faith In Buffy The Vampire The Slayer Comics

Posted on October 21, 2020 | by Rich Johnston

Boom Studios' released solicitations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer go up to issue #20, out in December. News on more will be released later in the week. But the Amazon listing for the new arc is ahead of that schedule, revealing the new arc, The Secrets Of The Slayers and a new comic book – series or one-shot – starring Faith. Oh and there are plural Buffies to boot, courtesy of the Multiverse.

The shocking secrets of the Slayers are revealed as the truth behind Anya connects Buffy(s) – yes, plural – in ways no one expected and the true origin of the new Slayer named Faith is revealed.

WHAT ARE THE SECRETS OF THE SLAYERS?

Anya has been a key figure in Buffy's life ever since she arrived in Sunnydale, but there's more to the demon's mission and mysterious past than anyone knows! It starts with her secret connection to the Watcher's Council and… the first full appearance of the Slayer who came before Buffy??? And the truth behind Anya connects Buffy(s) – yes, plural – in ways no one ever saw coming… Plus! Learn the secret truth behind the Slayer known as Faith and where she came from…it's not what you think!

Acclaimed writer Jordie Bellaire & Jeremy Lambert team with artists Andres Genolet & Ramon Bachs to reveal the shocking secrets you – and Buffy – never expected! Collects Buffy the Vampire Slayer #21-22, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Faith #1.

In the original TV series, Faith Lehane was a Slayer called when Kendra died. Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Faith had a difficult upbringing and life, which left her with various trust and emotional issues. Her Watcher was murdered by the vampire Kakistos and Faith retreated to Sunnydale, where she became a friend and ally of the Scooby Gang, before being turned by Mayor Richard Wilkins, helping him to carry out his Ascension. On the day before the climactic Graduation Day battle, Faith was critically injured by Summers and put in a coma.

Boom Studios' released solicitations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer go up to issue #20, out in December. News on more will be released later in the week. But the Amazon listing for the new arc is ahead of that schedule, revealing the new arc, The Secrets Of The Slayers and a new comic book – series or one-shot – starring Faith. Oh and there are plural Buffies to boot, courtesy of the Multiverse.

The shocking secrets of the Slayers are revealed as the truth behind Anya connects Buffy(s) – yes, plural – in ways no one expected and the true origin of the new Slayer named Faith is revealed.

WHAT ARE THE SECRETS OF THE SLAYERS?

Anya has been a key figure in Buffy's life ever since she arrived in Sunnydale, but there's more to the demon's mission and mysterious past than anyone knows! It starts with her secret connection to the Watcher's Council and… the first full appearance of the Slayer who came before Buffy??? And the truth behind Anya connects Buffy(s) – yes, plural – in ways no one ever saw coming… Plus! Learn the secret truth behind the Slayer known as Faith and where she came from…it's not what you think!

Acclaimed writer Jordie Bellaire & Jeremy Lambert team with artists Andres Genolet & Ramon Bachs to reveal the shocking secrets you – and Buffy – never expected! Collects Buffy the Vampire Slayer #21-22, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Faith #1.

In the original TV series, Faith Lehane was a Slayer called when Kendra died. Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Faith had a difficult upbringing and life, which left her with various trust and emotional issues. Her Watcher was murdered by the vampire Kakistos and Faith retreated to Sunnydale, where she became a friend and ally of the Scooby Gang, before being turned by Mayor Richard Wilkins, helping him to carry out his Ascension. On the day before the climactic Graduation Day battle, Faith was critically injured by Summers and put in a coma.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:44 PM
Addicted Fan

BOOM! Buffy # 21 covers and info

BOOM!'s Buffy the Vampire Slayer #21

Spoiler:

Anya has been a key figure in Buffy's life ever since she arrived in Sunnydale, but there's more to the demon's mission and mysterious past than anyone knows! It starts with her secret connection to the Watcher's Council and... the first full appearance of the Slayer who came before Buffy? And the truth behind Anya connects Buffy(s) - yes, plural - in ways no one ever saw coming...
Old 11-01-2020, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for tomorrow's BOOM! Buffy # 19.

BOOM!'s Buffy the Vampire Slayer #19

Spoiler:
Old 11-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Thanks for the new comic book info.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:29 AM
Addicted Fan

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampir...faith-returns/

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Brings SPOILER Into the New Buffyverse

A classic and important character from the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer just made their debut in the new universe.

BY BRANDON ZACHARY
3 HOURS AGO

Spoiler:

WARNING: The following contains spoilers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #19 by Jordie Bellaire, Jeremy Lambert, Ramon Bachs, Raul Angulo, & Ed Dukeshire, on sale now

The new incarnation of Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been willing to toy with the original conventions of the Slayer-universe, introducing characters in completely different forms or with entirely new motivations. That's part of what makes seeing familiar faces so exciting, as they could end up becoming far different figures, with one fan-favorite making her debut in Buffy the Vampire Slayer #19.

Faith just made her first appearance in the new Buffy-verse, setting up the most dangerous Slayer to join the battle against the forces of evil.

Spoiler:

A subplot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #19 has Robin Wood trying to deal with his romantic problems with Buffy. Giles gives Robin the suggestion to go explore Sunnydale and take out his anger by fighting against the various vampires that are always making their way through the small town. Although Robin does his best against a small group of them, he's quickly overwhelmed and held at bay by the group of vampires. But before they can kill him, they're all distracted by an unlikely arrival -- a brunette woman holding a stake, Faith.

In the original series, Faith was the third Slayer, introduced during the third season of the show. Following the death of Kendra, the Boston-born tough girl was granted the Slayer powers. She adjusted to the battle-heavy lifestyle of the Slayers far quicker than Buffy did, and upon coming to Sunnydale she befriended her predecessor. But she quickly became drunk on the power she possessed, which pushed her to do things Buffy never would, like killing other humans. She ended up feeling abandoned by the Scoobies when they tried to force her to confront her crimes, and she worked with Mayor Wilkins, becoming something of a surrogate daughter to him. The penultimate episode of the third season saw Faith and Buffy finally have a drag-out no-hold brawl, which ended with Faith in a coma.

Spoiler:

When she finally woke, she initially tried to take revenge on Buffy. But after fighting Angel and confronting the darkness within her, she relented and gave herself up to face justice for her actions. She would later break out of prison when Angel's dark side Angelus was unleashed, even making her way back to Sunnydale to help lead the potential Slayer army in their battle against the forces of the First Evil. She and Buffy finally made peace with each other and continued to fight beside one another throughout the canonical comics that explored the future of the Slayers with Faith eventually being fully accepted once again into the Scoobies.

Faith's presence in this new Buffyverse invites plenty of questions and potential drama. Notably, Kendra is still alive, suggesting that Faith was called to be a Slayer through different means than she did in the original version of the storyline. Meanwhile, her introduction has her coming to the rescue of Robin Wood, Buffy's love interest. Robin and Faith actually hooked up in the original series shortly before the final battle against the First One, meaning there's a good chance an attraction could grow in this new continuity between the pair. Faith arriving is also just potential for more danger.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for today's Willow # 5 of 5.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow #5

Spoiler:
Old 11-24-2020, 01:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for tomorrow's final issue of Angel & Spike(#16).

Angel + Spike #16

Spoiler:

Booms Angel & Spike Ending

Old 11-26-2020, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the news as usual.
Reply   Post New Thread