Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2021, 11:45 AM
Addicted Fan

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/boom...we-are-slayer/

Boom Studios To Launch Buffy Multiverse Storyline, We Are Slayer

Posted on September 29, 2021 by Rich Johnston

Morgan Perry, Retail Sales Lead for Boom Studios (and major roller derby participant) ran the presentation at this week's Diamond Retail Summit, talking about their upcoming comic books and their relationship with retailers. And after continually comparing the comic book industry and being a comic book retailer to roller derby at length, stretching the metaphor for longer than ever Stewart Lee would think reasonable. Before she talked about Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Boom Studios published comics based on the Fox property Buffy The Vampire Slayer, as created by Joss Whedon. Boom Studios ran the comic like a recent reboot and recently introduced the Buffyverse tapping into other versions of Buffy – the film, the TV series, the Dark Horse comics series and more. And now, after announcing a series Buffy: The Last Slayer with a fifty-year old Buffy Summers, there is something else that Boom Studios is to launch for 2022 called We Are Slayer.

Perry states "Speaking of the multiverse, everything in our Buffy The Vampire Slayer series has been leading up to the We Are Slayer arc, that lays bare what's at stake. Yeah, I know what I did there but just bear with me. Following these reveals, we're going to be telling a story we've been waiting to share for a long time, Buffy The Last Vampire Slayer."

No more details, but it sounds like a hashtag and a call to action. Could this be a reprieve of the event that saw the world filled with Slayers? A Boom Studios take on that? A recognition of the Buffyverse, with Buffies teaming up across realities? Or something utterly and completely different? Maybe it will be a Buffy/Roller Derby spin-off series to get Perry even more excited? Seriously, someone should pitch that to her.

Spoiler:

comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:47 PM
Addicted Fan

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampir...anya-defeated/

Buffy The Vampire Slayer's New Big Bad Already Took Down Two Major Heroes

The current big bad of the modern Buffyverse just attacked the Scoobies -- and took down two of Buffy's strongest allies in one fell swoop.

BY BRANDON ZACHARY
PUBLISHED 1 HOUR AGO

Spoiler:

WARNING: The following contains spoilers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #30, on sale now.

The modern incarnation of Buffy Summers has found herself in tough times, dealing with the machinations of the Watcher's under the command of Dorothy Giles and the arrival of deadly multiversal forces like Silas. Things were already desperate -- and now, following a sudden assault from the latter villain, things have gotten significantly more difficult for the Scoobies.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #30 by Jeremy Lambert, Marianna Ignazzi, Raul Angulo and Ed Dukeshire features Silas' next attack against the Scoobies -- one which is successful enough to remove multiple important figures from the conflict.

Spoiler:

The coming of Silas has revealed itself to be one of the greatest threats to the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Recently expanded to encompass an entire multiverse, Silas is a powerful force that -- along with his skeleton dog-like lurkers -- intends to wipe out everything in existence. Part of this plan involves unleashing the Lurkers across realities, allowing them to consume the minds and memories of countless victims. His sheer power has given the Scoobies of the modern Buffy the Vampire Slayer few options. Buffy wants to recruit an army of multiversal Slayers, capable of working together and potentially overwhelming the villain. Meanwhile, Dorothy Giles, along with her Watchers and some of the Scoobies, intend to rally an army under command to fight back.

But the best-laid plans prove to be for naught in Buffy the Vampire Slayer #30. After fleeing Dorothy and her allies when they attempt to arrest Anya and Morgan (the Slayer who proceeded Buffy), the Scoobies return home -- only to be set upon by Silas and his Lurkers, having tracked them through the use of Willow's magic. Buffy, Willow, Morgan and Ethan do their best to stem the chaos and protect the others. But while agents of Dorothy are able to rush through the portal and grab Ethan, Silas' lurkers pounce on Giles and Anya. The experienced minds behind the Scoobies, losing either of them at this junction would be devastating to the group -- which is what makes it so worrisome that both of them have their minds broken and absorbed by the lurkers.

Spoiler:

Teleporting to the Sunnydale library thanks to Willow, Buffy and Morgan gingerly sit down the seemingly comatose Anya and Giles. Although there's little hope of finding the specific lurkers who took their minds, they determine they're all connected to Silas -- and if they can kill him, Giles and Anya will be restored. Meanwhile, Silas turns his attention to Dorothy. Although Kendra and Robin are able to successfully protect Wesley and Ethan, Silas reaches Dorothy and Faith. He quickly drains Dorothy of her mind and memories, taunting her as he does so. Intrigued by Faith -- who has increasingly been revealed to have a hidden history, courtesy of Dorothy's actions -- Silas captures her and teases revelations about her life.

It's largely a defeat across the board for the heroes, with Silas effectively bringing down three of the most potentially dangerous leaders within the Scoobies and the Watchers. Anya's experience with demons and knowledge about the mystical -- along with Giles' wealth of intellect and understanding about their plans -- make their loss all the more painful. It may even drive Buffy to do something desperate, as the hypothetical Buffy from a world where Giles was turned into a vampire did. It also means control of the Watchers might turn over to someone like Mayor Wilkens, who could quietly pose as much of a threat to Sunnydale as his original incarnation. Silas just cleared the board of some of his potentially most dangerous enemies.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:08 PM
Addicted Fan

BOOM! announces a new Angel series for next year.This will be a miniseries though,8 issues,not a ongoing.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/chri...angel-in-2022/

Christopher Cantwell Writes New Buffy Spin-Off Comic, Angel, In 2022

Posted on October 21, 2021 by Rich Johnston|

Boom Studios is to publish a new Angel comic book series as part of their Buffy The Vampire Slayer reboot line of comics. The eight-issue comic book series will be written by current Iron Man comic writer, and producer and director of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire Christopher Cantwell and regular Boom artist Daniel Bayliss of WWE The New Day: The Power of Positivity, Labyrinth: Coronation, colourist Patricio Delpeche of Origins, and letterer Becca Carey as… Detective Angel.

Spoiler:

Welcome to Detective TV, starring Angel and his co-star—Cordelia! But wait, Angel isn't just a celebrity? Nope, he leads a double life… as a real monster hunter for Angel Investigations! Sometimes, though, this double life can get his friends into trouble, and as Wesley recovers from a horrific curse, Angel stumbles into a series of supernatural events which lead to him getting sucked into an unexpected and mysterious world. He soon faces a terrifying enemy, who sees him as a threat

Spoiler:

"I love writing character ensemble stories, stories about seemingly random individuals who suddenly find themselves trapped in the orbits of others. Angel has one of the best ensembles to ever grace the TV screen, and theirs is a story about a family of choice," said Cantwell. "When BOOM! approached me, I leaped at the chance to honor and celebrate the original series in a fresh way, pulling on some loose threads and weaving new ones. It takes all the characters and plays 52 card pick-up with them, reshuffling their roles and identities into a literal alternate universe that LOOKS and FEELS like Angel, but is also something else entirely."

Spoiler:

Christopher Cantwell's other comics credits include Regarding the Matter of Oswald's Body with Boom Studios, The United States of Captain America and Doctor Doom for Marvel Entertainment, The Blue Flame from Vault Comics, and She Could Fly and Everything for Dark Horse's Berger Books. As well as Halt and Catch Fire he also served as an executive producer on the first season of the upcoming TV adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang's Paper Girls, coming soon to Amazon Prime.

Spoiler:

"I love what BOOM! Studios has done with this series and especially what our incredible writer Chris Cantwell is doing with this story! Here you will see all of our favorite characters in a slightly different reality and yet they all maintain their core and humor in a story that is highly entertaining and with unexpected turns," said Bayliss. "This has given me the opportunity as an artist to represent great action scenes, creepy creatures and demons, but what I love the most is that Chris also goes a little deeper with the characters and the interactions between them, with more personal situations with which we can relate more closely with the characters. For me, these are the heart and soul of the series, and they have been my favorite scenes when putting ink on the page."

Spoiler:

Daniel Bayliss is a Mexican cartoonist, illustrator and co-creator of Moonhead Press. He has worked on titles such as WWE The New Day: The Power of Positivity, Big Trouble in Little China/Escape from New York, Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Coronation, Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Dragons, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as well as on original series Translucid and Kennel Block Blues for Boom Studios. He was nominated for The Russ Manning Award in 2016.

"Angel has always been a contradiction of good vs. evil, spotlight vs. shadows, and tortured past vs. redemptive future, which is what makes Chris and Daniel's take on this version of the iconic vampire so delightful as they imagine a universe where Angel's identities and worlds collide," said Sierra Hahn, Executive Editor, BOOM! Studios. "It's all magical hijinks, mysterious Big Bads, and tons of secrets in this fresh new take on the characters you know and love from Angel."

Strange sounding series.I assume another multiverse story.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the latest news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-22-2021, 08:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for BOOM! Buffy The Last Vampire Slayer #.1.

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/buffy...ive-first-look

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/buff...2022-solicits/

Buffy Cancelled & An All-New Firefly in Boom February 2022 Solicits

Posted on November 19, 2021 by Rich Johnsto

In Boom Studio's February 2022 solicitations, we have an All New Firefly ongoing comic book series by Canto's David M. Booher Queen Of Bad Dreams' Jordi Perez with Captain Kaylee of the Serenity. While Buffy The Vampire Slayer #34 will be the final issue of the series but they promise something new to follow… an All New Buffy as well? All the while The Last Slayer and Angel continue their mini-series… no images yet but they are sure to follow.

Spoiler:
Old 11-30-2021, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Buffy Comic Creators Explain Why the Slayer Gets the Old Man Logan Treatment

Comic writer Casey Gilly and artist Joe Jaro reveal what makes Buffy Summers the perfect character to explore getting older in their new series.

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-comic-crea...ent-interview/
Old 12-13-2021, 09:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Revealed the Most Powerful Scooby May Be SPOILER's Daughter!

A future Scooby, and daughter of the gang's two most powerful members, may be the strongest yet... if she shows her true power.

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-vampire-sl...werful-scooby/
Old 12-14-2021, 08:35 PM
Addicted Fan

BOOM! is doing a Free Comic Book Day Buffy 25th Anniversary Yearbook for this coming FCBD.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/boom...rbook-special/

BOOM! Celebrates 25 Years of Buffy with FCBD Yearbook Special

Posted on December 14, 2021 by Jude Terro

Explosive publisher BOOM! Studios will celebrate 25 years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with a Free Comic Book Day special in the form of a high school yearbook. Yes, according to a press release, the comic will be produced in the format of an actual yearbook, including by bringing in a bunch of high school students to do all the production and graphic design on the book for free!

Spoiler:

An array of artists and writers will contribute to the book, which will feature "a retrospective of your fan-favorite character moments from the past two decades" in the form of "yearbook photos, vignettes, and plenty of jokes and lighthearted moments." Check out the description of the comic from the press release below:

Product Title: 25 YEARS OF BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER FREE COMIC BOOK DAY SPECIAL

Release: May 7, 2021
Number of Issues in Series: 1
Audience: All Ages
Format: 32 pages
Writer: Jordi Bellaire, Jeremy Lambert and more.
Artist: Dan Mora, Marianna Ignazzi and more.

Synopsis:
What better way to celebrate 25 years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer than with a high school yearbook! This Free Comic Book Day special, in actual yearbook format, is a retrospective of your fan-favorite character moments from the past two decades. Celebrate the Chosen One(s), the Scoobies, and your faves through yearbook photos, vignettes, and plenty of jokes and lighthearted moments from an array of artists and writers. Plus you won't want to miss a special look at the future of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Free Comic Book Day takes place on Saturday, May 7th in 2022. As the name implies, you can get free comics that day, but unfortunately, you have to venture out to a comic shop to get them. You can learn more about it here.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:39 PM
Addicted Fan

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/buff...-boom-studios/

Buffy The Vampire Slayer's 25th Anniversary From Boom Studios

Posted on December 20, 2021 by Rich Johnston

Buffy The Vampire Slayer's 25th Anniversary Special #1 from Boom Studios is an oversized one-shot issue celebrating the 25th anniversary of Joss Whedon's TV show, in its current comic book series version, and published in March 2022. Hmm come to think of it, it will be the 30th anniversary of the film in July 2022 as well. Anyway, the 25th Anniversary Special . With new stories set across the Buffyverse favorites from writers Jeremy Lambert, Lilah Sturges, Danny Lore, Casey Gilly, and Sarah Gailey with artists Claudia Balboni, Claire Roe, Bayleigh Underwood, Marianna Ignazzi, and Carlos Olivares.

Spoiler:

25 years later, dive into a whole new universe of stories celebrating the phenomenal icon of a generation, Buffy Summers. Where in the Multiverse is Buffy? And what's happened to the Scooby Gang? Find out in several new original stories as well as the surprising epilogue to BOOM! Studios' acclaimed first three years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Fans will also discover a shocking prologue to a brand new comic book series in the Buffyverse from Hugo Award-winning author Sarah Gailey and artist Carlos Olivares! Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiered on March 10th, 1997. The Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated series ran for seven seasons from 1997-2003. Chosen to battle vampires, demons and other forces of darkness, Buffy is aided by a Watcher who guides and teaches her as she surrounds herself with a circle of friends called the Scooby Gang.

Spoiler:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1 features main cover art by acclaimed illustrator Frany (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and variant cover art by superstar artists Jenny Frison (Something is Killing the Children), Jorge Corona (Wynd), and Mirka Andolfo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow).

Spoiler:
Old 12-24-2021, 10:52 AM
Addicted Fan

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/boom...h-anniversary/

Boom Studios March 2022 Solicits With Buffy's 25th Anniversary

Posted on December 24, 2021 by Rich Johnston

Boom Studios has Buffy's 25th anniversary of the TV show to celebrate, in their March 2022 solicits and solicitations, as well as for Free Comic Book Day and the launch of Hollow from Shannon Watters, Branden Boyer-White and Berenice Nelle.

BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #4 (OF 4) CVR A ANINDITO

BOOM! STUDIOS
JAN220720
JAN220721 – BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #4 (OF 4) CVR B ROE – 4.99
JAN220722 – BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #4 (OF 4) CVR C 10 COPY INCV ANIND – 4.99
JAN220723 – BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #4 (OF 4) CVR D 25 COPY INCV CAMUN – 4.99
JAN220724 – BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #4 (OF 4) CVR E 50 COPY INCV REBEL – 4.99
JAN220725 – BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #4 (OF 4) CVR F UNLOCKABLE ROE – 4.99
(W) Casey Gilly (A) Joe Jaro (CA) Ario Anindito

* The Slayer and her allies make one last desperate attempt to bring sunlight back to Earth and send the reigning Evil forces back into the shadows . . .
* But the loss of Buffy's powers is proving too much to bear, and even with the help of Spike, the witches, and newly discovered Potential Slayer Thess, she might not make it.
* Will Buffy be able to hold on long enough to save the world and see her Slayer legacy continue in Thess? Find out in the conclusion to the epic post-apocalyptic series!

In Shops: Mar 09, 2022
SRP: 4.99

Spoiler:

ANGEL #3 (OF 8) CVR A MALAVIA

BOOM! STUDIOS
JAN220726
JAN220727 – ANGEL #3 (OF 8) CVR B 10 COPY INCV MALAVIA – 4.99
JAN220728 – ANGEL #3 (OF 8) CVR C 25 COPY INCV YOUNG – 4.99
JAN220729 – ANGEL #3 (OF 8) CVR D 50 COPY INCV YOUNG – 4.99
(W) Christopher Cantwell (A) Daniel Bayliss (CA) Nimit Malavia

* The team can't figure out what to make of Angel's height, or the soul that dwells in the Spirit House.
* Even worse, an inky black snowfall starts to coat all of Southern California, along with a forecast of more deadly inclement weather, making the tormented parts of the human populace even more vulnerable.
* And worse still, a gruesome new enemy has other plans for the loose spirit… ones with terrible ramifications for humanity…
In Shops: Mar 16, 2022

SRP: 4.99

Spoiler:

BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR A FRANY

BOOM! STUDIOS
JAN220708
JAN220709 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR B FRISON – 9.99
JAN220710 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR C CORONA – 9.99
JAN220711 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR D ANDOLFO – 9.99
JAN220712 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR E BUFFY PHOTO – 9.99
JAN220713 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR F SCOOBY GANG PHOTO – 9.99
JAN220714 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR G BLANK SKETCH – 9.99
JAN220715 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR H 10 COPY INCV – 9.99
JAN220716 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR I 25 COPY INCV – 9.99
JAN220717 – BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIV #1 CVR J UNLOCKABLE – 9.99
(W) Various (A) Various (CA) Frany

* 25 years later, dive into a whole new universe of stories celebrating the phenomenal icon of a generation, Buffy Summers!
* Where in the Multiverse is Buffy? And what's happened to the Scooby Gang? Find out in the surprising epilogue to BOOM! Studios' acclaimed first three years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
* Discover the start of an all new series about the Slayer from Hugo Award-winning author Sarah Gailey (Eat the Rich, Magic for Liars)!
* Plus, three brand new original stories about your fan favorites from the Buffyverse in this 64 page perfect bound deluxe special celebrating the pivotal anniversary of the Slayer!

In Shops: Mar 30, 2022
SRP: 9.99

Spoiler:

FCBD 2022 25 YEARS OF BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SPECIAL
BOOM ENTERTAINMENT
JAN220003
(W) Various, Jeremy Lambert, Jordie Bellaire (A) Dan Mora, Marianna Ignazzi (A / CA) Various

What better way to celebrate 25 years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer than with a high school yearbook!
This Free Comic Book Day special, in actual yearbook format, is a retrospective of your fan-favorite character moments from the past two decades.
Celebrate the Chosen One(s), the Scoobies, and your faves through yearbook photos, vignettes, and plenty of jokes and lighthearted moments from an array of artists and writers.
Plus you won't want to miss a special look at the future of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

Reprint Material
Rating: Teen (or Teen+)
In Shops: Apr 13, 2022
SRP: 0

Spoiler:

Old 12-26-2021, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Wenxina has a advanced review for BOOM! Angel # 1 of 8 which is out tomorrow.

https://fanbasepress.com/index.php/p...ic-book-review
Old 01-22-2022, 12:05 PM
Addicted Fan

BOOM! Buffyverse comics for Aprill 2022

BOOM! Studios for April 2022 — Major Spoilers — Comic Book Reviews, News, Previews, and Podcasts

The Vampire Slayer #1

Retail Price: Main Cover: $4.99
Writer: Sarah Gailey
Artist: Irene Flores
Cover Artist:
Main Cover: Goñi Montes
Blood Red Foil Stamp Variant Cover: Francesco Francavilla
Incentive Cover: Goñi Montes
25 Years Of Buffy Incentive Cover: Bex Glendining
Incentive Cover: Christian Ward
Incentive Cover: Christian Ward
Incentive Cover: Mike Del Mundo
Incentive Cover: Francesco Francavilla

Synopsis:
A bold new story in a new universe begins, courtesy of Hugo Award-winning author Sarah Gailey ( Eat The Rich) and artist Irene Flores (Just Beyond)!
After years of fighting against the forces of evil, Buffy Summers finds herself succumbing to the burden of bearing the Slayer mantle.
To help his Slayer, Rupert Giles is willing to risk a return to chaos magic, and with Willow’s help, they attempt a spell to remove the trauma from Buffy’s psyche.
With Sunnydale under attack, a new Slayer must rise to protect it, while Buffy’s friends race against the clock to restore her true self.

Spoiler:

Angel #4

Retail Price: $4.99
Incentive Cover (1:10): $4.99
Incentive Cover (1:25): $4.99
Incentive Cover (1:50): $4.99
Writer: Christopher Cantwell
Artist: Daniel Bayliss
Cover Artist:
Main Cover: Nimit Malavia
Incentive Cover: Nimit Malavia
Incentive Cover: Max Fiumara
Incentive Cover: Max Fiumara

Synopsis:
What is the true identity of the evil entity residing in the spirit house?
A traumatized Oz is discovered living upstairs in the hotel, kept secret and safe by Lorne.
Oz delivers a grave warning of a great evil drawing near… one with the power to annihilate not just our universe, but every universe in existence…

Spoiler:

Reply   Post New Thread