Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

It's sad when a network just gives up on a show regardless of how much potential it has.

Vicky
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed, Touch has so much potential, but it just seems like FOX doesn't care to promote it or anything. I enjoy it, and if it ends this season. I hope it's a series closer type ending, not a open ended one.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

But do you think it actually has a great deal more potential to run after two series? I think, like I said in a previous post, without a massive change in direction, I can't see what else they can do with it without it going stale and being repetitive...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I disagree, good writing... is good writing. LOST, who would've thought that could last 6 seasons, with characters being Lost. You just have to think of different and unique storyline each season. A lot of shows last long, that people would probably think 'how can it have more then one season' FOX just gave up on the show.

I like the show, and I believe with great writing. It can last longer but with the ratings dipping, don't see it.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
LOST, who would've thought that could last 6 seasons, with characters being Lost. You just have to think of different and unique storyline each season.
If you want an example of good writing, LOST is not your best example LOST should have ended after Season 3. It got ridiculously silly after that. I still haven't even finished it, I got half way through S5 and got too depressed and fed up at the decline of what was such a great show... so yeah... I'd rather Touch go out on a high then do a LOST...
Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well S1-3 was good for you, so I guess the writing was great for the first 3 season.
The show, through all the seasons was still popular, and that's what kept the show going on. Even though you didn't like it after S3.

I just think Touch has a lot of potential but it's most likely cancelled after this season.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last weeks premire got a low rating ..

Nice touch ep! "Martin" shoots a gun like Jack . Shades of who we watched for 9 years

Last edited by Logan; 02-15-2013 at 10:48 PM
Old 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup, I posted about the Touch ratings on last page and it's not a surprise.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ratings dropped expect Touch to get cancelled might even not make it to final Ep . But that would take ratings Dropping even more..

Kiefer had his birthday 2 days ago ! Sup photos of him on the golf course on the town looks like he's relaxing!!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Well S1-3 was good for you, so I guess the writing was great for the first 3 season.
The show, through all the seasons was still popular, and that's what kept the show going on. Even though you didn't like it after S3.

I just think Touch has a lot of potential but it's most likely cancelled after this season.
'Touch' creator Tim Kring: 'A lot of people have not found the show' - Touch News - Cult - Digital Spy

What the creator has to say... kinda agrees with what you said...
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with him, and it's too bad cause I do like the show... although I do of course love Heroes more. lol Touch is a good show.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

I think I could bore of it after more than two seasons so will be happy if it goes when I still like it... unlike LOST...
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well it's the writer job to keep writing good storyline. lol So we'll see with Touch, although it seems like this will be the last season.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Elite Fan

A writer can only work with what he's given with... some series have a shelf life...
Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess as a writer, you also should know when it's time to end it. No matter how popular the show may even be.