Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey guys
Old 07-17-2017, 04:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

I'm good. Managed to get past the long weekend and not to go throw tomatoes on Trump while he was in Paris. Very proud of myself. I had to do a Game of Thrones Marathon to keep myself busy but it was not too bad

We were aiming at Italy but unfortunately couldn't find flights that were reasonable so we're going to Portugal, which is awesome anyway but I wanted something a little further from home for my sweetheart. Maybe next year

In the meantime we have a nice house booked, with a pool, in the countryside with lovely wineries around so we'll be fine

Great time to go to Italy! The weather is brilliant and the prices much less steep!

GoT started tonight! I haven't checked it out because I'm savouring the calm before the storm but I'll get on it tomorrow!
Must have taken a lot of patience...not to smash him with tomatoes Now there's an image in my head

Cool vacation destination! Sad that it's not further away, but I'm sure she'll love it nonetheless

We're watching GoT later tonight, can't wait
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Hey Kate

Tired of working or of partying?
Working mostly, sadly :p

Quote:
I'm good. Managed to get past the long weekend and not to go throw tomatoes on Trump while he was in Paris. Very proud of myself. I had to do a Game of Thrones Marathon to keep myself busy but it was not too bad
Proud of you too Thankfully I don't live in Warsaw so I didn't have to see this when he was here

and GoT marathong sounds more fun that that

Quote:
We were aiming at Italy but unfortunately couldn't find flights that were reasonable so we're going to Portugal, which is awesome anyway but I wanted something a little further from home for my sweetheart. Maybe next year
Yeah,those prices are insane But I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway

Quote:
In the meantime we have a nice house booked, with a pool, in the countryside with lovely wineries around so we'll be fine
Sounds awesome especially that part about wineries

Quote:
Great time to go to Italy! The weather is brilliant and the prices much less steep!
Exactly! Last year we went in November to Bari and three years or to Rome in January and it was great,weather was perfect for me and most importantly,there were much less people I mean in Rome still it was a loooooot so I can't imagine how it must be in the holiday season

Quote:
Bah nothing wrong with that. You're still young enough to be cool looking older and you're only as old as you feel so keep feeling young
True

Quote:
yeah yeah. I suck at recipe writing anyway

GoT started tonight! I haven't checked it out because I'm savouring the calm before the storm but I'll get on it tomorrow!

Have a good weekstart

speaking of drinks,right now I'm craving some aperol

thank you and you too! and nice GoT watching
Old 07-18-2017, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Must have taken a lot of patience...not to smash him with tomatoes Now there's an image in my head

Cool vacation destination! Sad that it's not further away, but I'm sure she'll love it nonetheless

We're watching GoT later tonight, can't wait
What do you think of the GoT premiere?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What do you think of the GoT premiere?
Liked it It felt kinda slow, but that's not rare with GoT season openers. Especially liked the Dany/Tyron scene towards the end, the Arya storyline & Winterfell and Kings Landing drama.

Do you watch it?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Liked it It felt kinda slow, but that's not rare with GoT season openers. Especially liked the Dany/Tyron scene towards the end, the Arya storyline & Winterfell and Kings Landing drama.

Do you watch it?
Yeah that's definitely true and yes I did. Our feelings on it pretty much the same
Old 07-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

The yearly "let's just bump up random threads on random boards" time of the year just puzzles me.

Quote:
It felt kinda slow, but that's not rare with GoT season openers.
You did? Well I guess there wasn't much action but I thought it was pretty dense.
Most premieres focused on some of the core cast of characters, leaving others for later but this episode pretty much was the only one I can think of where *all* the main cast, and supporting cast was present. They even touched base with Jorah and I wasn't expecting to see him again.

Quote:
Especially liked the Dany/Tyron scene towards the end
great way to end the premiere, and to kick off the season. It was very emotional to see Daenerys return to Westeros, her birth place and her brother's stronghold and they didn't overdo it with big drama. It was the perfect mix of emotion and anticipation for what's to come.

Quote:
the Arya storyline
I have always loved Arya and her scenes didn't disappoint. Now people are starting to believe me when I say Arya is going to kill Cersei while masquerading as Jaime!

Quote:
& Winterfell and Kings Landing drama.
I cannot think of anything more boring than a Jon and Sansa scene and sure enough, I was right Thank the Gods for Lady Mormont to keep it interesting.
Not sure about the Kings Landing drama either. Cersei is becoming too predictable without anyone to love and care for, and Jaime's weak confrontation over the loss of their last child was... underwhelming.

I loved the season opening but it was pretty obvious they meant to open with the White Walkers. I'm not sure why they switched the scenes.

Quote:
Working mostly, sadly :p
Well I hope you are having a good weekstart and resting a little

Quote:
Proud of you too Thankfully I don't live in Warsaw so I didn't have to see this when he was here
Heh I did see something about your President that was Trump related this week and I thought of you and Aga

Quote:
Yeah,those prices are insane But I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway
September is much better but between my sis who was forced to take her vacation in August by her company, and my lawyer lady who has court dates for mid September, there wasn't much wriggle room.

Quote:
Sounds awesome especially that part about wineries
Turns out the house we rented is smack in the region that was eaten by fires in June so we'll see what it looks like
Still, the house looks cool and we'll have fun, I'm sure

Quote:
Exactly! Last year we went in November to Bari and three years or to Rome in January and it was great,weather was perfect for me and most importantly,there were much less people
much much less. I wish there was an off season for tourists in Paris but no

Quote:
I mean in Rome still it was a loooooot so I can't imagine how it must be in the holiday season
like Venice during Carnaval?

Quote:
speaking of drinks,right now I'm craving some aperol
at least it's not cocaine

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-19-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I have always loved Arya and her scenes didn't disappoint. Now people are starting to believe me when I say Arya is going to kill Cersei while masquerading as Jaime!
That would be seriously awesome haha
Old 07-19-2017, 03:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Only a few more days untill I leave for Berlin Can't wait. Really need a different enviroment for a few days We still don't know exactly what's wrong with Rox (the sick cat), so we keep experimenting, but it takes a lot of energy. He seems better than a few months ago, but every time we get our hopes up...he throws up Can't remember how many times we visited the vet by now Poor cat.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Only a few more days untill I leave for Berlin Can't wait. Really need a different enviroment for a few days We still don't know exactly what's wrong with Rox (the sick cat), so we keep experimenting, but it takes a lot of energy. He seems better than a few months ago, but every time we get our hopes up...he throws up Can't remember how many times we visited the vet by now Poor cat.
Sounds awesome, I've always wanted to go to Berlin. How long are you going for?
Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
6 days long enough to see all the highlights, plus a little more.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That would be seriously awesome haha
I know, right? Of course I don't think Arya is going to live much longer but I think she'll see her journey of revenge through before the end.

Quote:
You're in Australia, right?

Quote:
Only a few more days untill I leave for Berlin
Cool! I've been to Germany many times but never to Berlin. We need to change that. Take lots of pics

Quote:
We still don't know exactly what's wrong with Rox (the sick cat), so we keep experimenting, but it takes a lot of energy
Aww poor kitty! I hope he doesn't lose too much weight. I take it that the new diet isn't working?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-21-2017, 03:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Cool! I've been to Germany many times but never to Berlin. We need to change that. Take lots of pics

Aww poor kitty! I hope he doesn't lose too much weight. I take it that the new diet isn't working?
Will do

Well, the diet is working. In general he no longer has any problems on the toilet..so to speak. It's just that he's throwing up every week (often multiple times). Vet was thinking that part may have to do with his long fur, so we got it trimmed yesterday. Oh my god. You should have seen how much hair they removed. He looks exactly the same (fur-wise), but she removed A LOT of ''under hair''. Really don't know how to translate it to English not the fur you see or feel when you pet him, but the fur beneath that. We hope this will mean he licks less hair, which is most likely causing the throwing up part.

Any weekend plans?
Old 07-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Decided to cancel our trip to Berlin. Looked around for alternatives, but it was either too expensive (last minute..duh), rainy, or too hot. We cancelled, because we saw that every day would be rainy. Not just ''there's a chance for rain a few hours per day'', but ''raining the entire day, with no (or very little) sun at all. Since most of our activities were planned outside...we decided it would be waste of money. Got most of our money back thankfully. We're both kind of grumpy about it too, we were looking forward to ''being away'' quite a bit....but with that kind of weather...better to be home I guess. At least we'll still have NYC in 7 weeks
Old 07-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Total Fan

Hey guys!! How is everyone? I've been gone for too long!