Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 01-19-2017, 02:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I know nothing about this show so some help would be really appreciated which characters need to be included? Is it all the ones in the current graphic or should there be any changes (like removals, additions, placement changes, ect.)? With the spin-off would you like Diane Lockhart to have any prominence in the graphic to show her importance to The Good Fight which will presumably be discussed here as well? or should The Good Fight be represented in any other way?

What colours would you like to see here? Your current colours are pretty & unique but would you like to see something different? I'm thinking shades of brown would work with lawyers/court rooms but maybe you want to go with something completely different to what you've got now?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-19-2017, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Chelle

Quote:
I know nothing about this show so some help would be really appreciated which characters need to be included? Is it all the ones in the current graphic or should there be any changes (like removals, additions, placement changes, ect.)?
I think you can keep the ones in the current graphic. The only regular who's not there is Eli, played by Alan Cumming but it's already a big cast so you can't have everybody on. There were some other regulars in the last season of the show but those are the core cast that I think everybody would like on.

Quote:
With the spin-off would you like Diane Lockhart to have any prominence in the graphic to show her importance to The Good Fight which will presumably be discussed here as well? or should The Good Fight be represented in any other way?
That's a good point, although she's not the lead in the spin off, maybe she should be a little less to the side than she is in the current graphic

Quote:
What colours would you like to see here? Your current colours are pretty & unique but would you like to see something different? I'm thinking shades of brown would work with lawyers/court rooms but maybe you want to go with something completely different to what you've got now?
The show's colours have always been red, black and white. I think it was mostly a play on the shadow/light contrast within the worlds of laws and politics and the red for everything that was in the public eye. They are hard colors to use for a customization though (you guys did a great job with The Flash board by the way) but maybe something in the dark red spectrum?

Do you need any help locating resources for the graphic? I'm sure I can dig up promo pics for the cast from several seasons in HQ.

Let me know and thanks for all the work

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

A big cast? You should look at boards like NCIS, Greys Anatomy, & Twilight . Your board has nothing on them & adding another is easily done

Yes please, links to pictures of the characters would be wonderful. Do you have a preference for pictures or what season is used? A lit of boards like to go with the latest pictures

As for colours those are colours we try to avoid. How about browns with dark red highlights? Or another colour which would go with the reds. If i wasn't on my phone i could look up some examples. You might like to look through the design seeds website which is linked in the OP to see if you can find a scheme you like

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-20-2017, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

If you do wish to add more characters that is fine . We recommend no more than around fifteen characters, but ideally having around eight to twelve characters max is best. I am unsure on how many you may wish to add but you only have six right now so you could easily add a few more or just Eli. Including Alicia, Cary, Kalinda, Will, Diane, Eli, and Peter should represent the cast for a majority of the seasons but you could still look at some of the characters who became regulars towards the end of the show if you wanted. If you prefer to keep it small then I would just say add in Eli since he was a part of the show for the entire run. You could also consider adding the children if you wanted to?

As Chelle said, we tend to avoid reds as it can be quite a harsh colour but a dark red should be okay, providing it is used more for small areas (E.G. bars, buttons, links). Do you like any of these colour schemes; one, two, three, four, or five?
Old 01-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

I think I like 1, 3, and 5 the best. 3 is my least favourite of those 3, but I'm not sure of it like 1 or 5 more.
I made my icon.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A big cast? You should look at boards like NCIS, Greys Anatomy, & Twilight . Your board has nothing on them & adding another is easily done
yeah there's worse I guess. At least we can keep to a core cast
Quote:
I am unsure on how many you may wish to add but you only have six right now so you could easily add a few more or just Eli.
Yeah I think we should add Eli. The other characters were not there for more than one season and I'm not sure they're worth adding.

Quote:
If you prefer to keep it small then I would just say add in Eli since he was a part of the show for the entire run. You could also consider adding the children if you wanted to?
I'm not sure they are important enough to be featured and they look much different from one season to the next so it's hard to have pictures that fit.

Quote:
Yes please, links to pictures of the characters would be wonderful. Do you have a preference for pictures or what season is used? A lit of boards like to go with the latest pictures
It's been years since we've had a full set of pictures for the cast so it really depends on what works for you, in terms of position and backgrounds to do masks. I'm going to round them up and post them tonight

Quote:
As for colours those are colours we try to avoid. How about browns with dark red highlights? Or another colour which would go with the reds.
Yeah I know reds are hard. I was thinking a declination of dark reds, in the range of burgundy could go well but I don't know what you can, can't or won't do. I'm not a fan of browns but again, if you think it'll work well, I trust you.

Quote:
As Chelle said, we tend to avoid reds as it can be quite a harsh colour but a dark red should be okay, providing it is used more for small areas (E.G. bars, buttons, links). Do you like any of these colour schemes; one, two, three, four, or five?
I like Number One the best as they are closest to the colors of the show and it seems the "cleanest"
Three and Five are nice too. I guess Three is more in the brown shades and Five more red. I'm just not a fan of the middle color in Five.

I'll post pictures asap

Old 01-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

If you don't like brown then it doesn't matter what i think i just know we use red in small amounts & prefer to avoid it wherever possible & browns were what came to my mind to go with the reds but there are endless possibilities of colours

I would rather work out position based on what pictures you love the most but if you have no preference then that does make things easier for us

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-22-2017, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If you don't like brown then it doesn't matter what i think
I don't want to make it harder for you guys.

Quote:
i just know we use red in small amounts & prefer to avoid it wherever possible & browns were what came to my mind to go with the reds but there are endless possibilities of colours
and I have nothing against browns as long as it's not the dominating color. I like those for example. More light than dark greys and contrasting in dark red

Quote:
I would rather work out position based on what pictures you love the most but if you have no preference then that does make things easier for us
I'm all for making it easier when I can. Here are HQ pics from various seasons. Hope it helps

Season One Photo Shoot

Season Two Photo Shoot

Season Three Photo Shoot

Old 01-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

And here are some more from season 3. They are very dark and the backgrounds are not the easiest to mask but they're the most recent we have of the whole cast;

Old 01-23-2017, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

It is preferable that you post links to the pictures, not images (and you should be able to post them all in the one post then). So instead of the thumbnails you could write the character name (which would be handy for anyone unfamiliar with the show as then they can easily check they have everyone you wanted).

Thank you for those pictures, it is really appreciated.

I used pictures from season six with one from season five for Will as he was not there. That way while it was not all from the one place it would give your board the most updated look. And those pictures from season three look pretty easy to work with to me, even if they are dark. We have worked with a lot worse .
Quote:
I don't want to make it harder for you guys.
The board customisation is about you and what you want not us .
Old 01-23-2017, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm happy for the customisation!

I think adding Eli would be good and Diane more center?

Though perhaps adding the other 2 leads from the good fight could be good as well? Just putting it out there since that is the new show that will also be talked about in this board?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 01-23-2017, 04:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
I'm happy for the customisation!

I think adding Eli would be good and Diane more center?

Though perhaps adding the other 2 leads from the good fight could be good as well? Just putting it out there since that is the new show that will also be talked about in this board?
That would make sense for me. Maybe also the daugther of Eli? She was never a star on TGW, but she appeared quite a lot, and she'll be starring in TGF. Don't know if she was involved in photo-shoots, or whatever tho.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
hough perhaps adding the other 2 leads from the good fight could be good as well? Just putting it out there since that is the new show that will also be talked about in this board?
Quote:
That would make sense for me. Maybe also the daugther of Eli? She was never a star on TGW, but she appeared quite a lot, and she'll be starring in TGF. Don't know if she was involved in photo-shoots, or whatever tho.
Not sure about them. The board is still the TGW board and we don't know how long the spin-off will last so it might be premature if it ends up being a 10 episodes show that nobody remembers in 3 months. We'll be talking about it, maybe but I don't want to give it more importance than the original show.

And since it's not a backdoor spin-off and none of the leads were in TGW... I don't know.
I just don't want to take the focus off TGW in the graphics for something that may be nothing more than a fizzle.

Not to mention there is no promotion material really.

Last edited by Gelfling; 01-23-2017 at 10:18 PM
Old 01-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

I saw some promotional pictures for the show so there should be pictures for at least some of the characters in TGF . If they were added they would be smaller and the focus would remain on the characters from TGW. However at this point I agree it is better to leave them off and if TGF becomes something bigger we can look at coming back to this board sooner to add them in .