Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2022, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
A good guy with a little bit of an edge. His Character is a friend of Tom Selleck's character.
Interesting. Sounds good. Thanks.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He was in "The Devil's own", but I don't remember his character at this time. It's been years since I've watched that film. "Miss Congeniality 2",, "Mulholland Falls", & "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" are other films Treat Williams have been in.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
He was in "The Devil's own", but I don't remember his character at this time. It's been years since I've watched that film. "Miss Congeniality 2",, "Mulholland Falls", & "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" are other films Treat Williams have been in.
Thanks! I really have to check them out.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I see.

I haven’t seen him in much at all. Everwood of course, Chesapeake Shores, and a couple films. I intend to check out more of Treat’s work.
He was also in a short lived tv show on Lifetime called Against The Wall...he was really good in that It aired in 2011, around the same time as Rookie Blue

Quote:

Now I need to get to know Mick again soon.
We all need a Mick Fix
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
He was also in a short lived tv show on Lifetime called Against The Wall...he was really good in that It aired in 2011, around the same time as Rookie Blue
Oh my gosh, really? I am going to have to check it out!

Quote:
We all need a Mick Fix
We do. Have you watched the last season? I resisted because of Abby's love life but realized I can't stay away from this family, especially with Treat as a character in this family. So I'm going to catch up soon when I get my hands on the full season. It is not available on the network's site and I deleted the series DVR so will need to find a way to watch.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh my gosh, really? I am going to have to check it out!
It was really good, I wish it would've gotten a season 2. I think I remember it being on the bubble and then Lifetime decided not to renew.

We all, at the time, were hoping for a crossover with Rookie Blue and Against the wall to see Greg and Treat on screen together again

Quote:
We do. Have you watched the last season? I resisted because of Abby's love life but realized I can't stay away from this family, especially with Treat as a character in this family. So I'm going to catch up soon when I get my hands on the full season. It is not available on the network's site and I deleted the series DVR so will need to find a way to watch.
I was the same way too! It took me SO LONG to watch the show because I didn't want to see a world without Abby and Trace because their story is so iconic in the books and deserved to be told. But I decided, like you, I wanted to see the OBrien Family. I really like the development of Sarah and Kevin, I love to see them. I really want Connor to find love and happiness and everything he deserves in life.

Also, I kinda wanna see Mick and Megan remarry

I was so surprised about how much I liked the season. I feel like with the constant going around and around with Trace and Abby was bringing things down and not going anywhere. Not sure what the plan with Trace and Abby originally was, but they completely screwed it up. Why make Trace a country music star and not a banker like in the books. I think that's what messed it up in the first place. There was nothing to follow for Trace to stand up for himself because his career was faltering. I think there would've been a much bigger story if Trace was a banker and he could relate to Abby's work and then working with Jess on her Inn. So many opportunities for them to have scenes together.

I just feel making Trace a country music singer was a big let down and the writers ran out of ideas and so Jesse probably got bored and left. After all this time, I don't blame him
patricia
Old 03-04-2022, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I
I was so surprised about how much I liked the season. I feel like with the constant going around and around with Trace and Abby was bringing things down and not going anywhere. Not sure what the plan with Trace and Abby originally was, but they completely screwed it up.
I agree. The constant drama surrounding Trace and Abby did bring the series down and I don't miss Trace at all.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was really good, I wish it would've gotten a season 2. I think I remember it being on the bubble and then Lifetime decided not to renew.
That sucks. I don’t understand why so many good shows don’t get renewed. Sometimes people stay away from quality. It blows me away.

Quote:
We all, at the time, were hoping for a crossover with Rookie Blue and Against the wall to see Greg and Treat on screen together again
It would have been fantastic.

Quote:
I was the same way too! It took me SO LONG to watch the show because I didn't want to see a world without Abby and Trace because their story is so iconic in the books and deserved to be told. But I decided, like you, I wanted to see the OBrien Family. I really like the development of Sarah and Kevin, I love to see them. I really want Connor to find love and happiness and everything he deserves in life.

Also, I kinda wanna see Mick and Megan remarry

I was so surprised about how much I liked the season. I feel like with the constant going around and around with Trace and Abby was bringing things down and not going anywhere. Not sure what the plan with Trace and Abby originally was, but they completely screwed it up. Why make Trace a country music star and not a banker like in the books. I think that's what messed it up in the first place. There was nothing to follow for Trace to stand up for himself because his career was faltering. I think there would've been a much bigger story if Trace was a banker and he could relate to Abby's work and then working with Jess on her Inn. So many opportunities for them to have scenes together.

I just feel making Trace a country music singer was a big let down and the writers ran out of ideas and so Jesse probably got bored and left. After all this time, I don't blame him
Wow. I’m glad you watched!

Yes we both didn’t want to go there. I’m glad you did. I have to as well. Funny how we both cannot stay away from this family. Mick/Treat in general too. Mick and Megan must remarry!

Completely agree about what happened to the character of Trace. You’ve read the books so you understand how much the show went against them with the Trace character. Don’t blame Jesse either. I guess the good news is since the show was never writing Trace and Abby/Trace like the books it is appropriate to watch the show and just see Abby take a different path. Do you like Abby with either of the two love interests for options?
Old 03-05-2022, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree. The constant drama surrounding Trace and Abby did bring the series down and I don't miss Trace at all.
Too much drama and will they/won’t they. I think they needed to get them married or break them up for good. I guess that’s precisely what happened but it should have transpired sooner than it did.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That sucks. I don’t understand why so many good shows don’t get renewed. Sometimes people stay away from quality. It blows me away.
We were all bummed. It was a great show and maybe if it weren't on lifetime, we might've gotten a couple of more seasons out of it. I don't think Lifetime knows how to fit serialized tv shows into their schedule and after Season 1, didn't want to bother with it or hand it off to another network.

Quote:
Yes we both didn’t want to go there. I’m glad you did. I have to as well. Funny how we both cannot stay away from this family. Mick/Treat in general too. Mick and Megan must remarry!
Just like how the O'Brien's are written. You get around them and you can't let go. Just like all the characters we've gotten to know that have stuck around

Quote:
Completely agree about what happened to the character of Trace. You’ve read the books so you understand how much the show went against them with the Trace character. Don’t blame Jesse either. I guess the good news is since the show was never writing Trace and Abby/Trace like the books it is appropriate to watch the show and just see Abby take a different path. Do you like Abby with either of the two love interests for options?
Looking back on how Trace was written throughout the series, I'm surprised Jesse stayed as long as he did. The writing of Season 3 wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. Abby following her boyfriend on tour...is she 16 or something? And then getting nervous about how that fan knew about her? It was just bad. I felt sorry for Abby's character having to be reduced to teenage behaviors.

I really like Evan for Abby. I wasn't a fan of Jay, honestly. I thought he was too much like Trace, honestly. Very serious, career driven...which is good, but so is Abby. I think she does need someone like Evan who can just bring her back down to earth and reassure her that everything will be okay. We have to admit, Abby is a bit high strung sometimes and needs some fun in her life. She forgets to have fun.

Evan is just fun and sweet and supportive...when given the chance.
patricia
Old 03-08-2022, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We were all bummed. It was a great show and maybe if it weren't on lifetime, we might've gotten a couple of more seasons out of it. I don't think Lifetime knows how to fit serialized tv shows into their schedule and after Season 1, didn't want to bother with it or hand it off to another network.
That sucks. Too bad another network more capable and aware didn't pick it up.

Quote:
Just like how the O'Brien's are written. You get around them and you can't let go. Just like all the characters we've gotten to know that have stuck around
That's so true.

Quote:
Looking back on how Trace was written throughout the series, I'm surprised Jesse stayed as long as he did. The writing of Season 3 wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. Abby following her boyfriend on tour...is she 16 or something? And then getting nervous about how that fan knew about her? It was just bad. I felt sorry for Abby's character having to be reduced to teenage behaviors.
You make such an excellent point. You are so right, the writing was horrendous. It made Trace look selfish and Abby immature. It did not match up with the storyline in general either. Trace was getting close to Abby's children, it looked like he wanted to settle down in Chesapeake Shores, and then all of this tour crap. The tour stuff, spending even more than a second on the band characters, was such a huge mistake too. People were bored and annoyed as it took us away from the main setting and family. Horrible.

You are right, it is surprising Jesse hung on for as long as he did.

Quote:
I really like Evan for Abby. I wasn't a fan of Jay, honestly. I thought he was too much like Trace, honestly. Very serious, career driven...which is good, but so is Abby. I think she does need someone like Evan who can just bring her back down to earth and reassure her that everything will be okay. We have to admit, Abby is a bit high strung sometimes and needs some fun in her life. She forgets to have fun.

Evan is just fun and sweet and supportive...when given the chance.
^ I figured you would. I have barely seen any of their scenes but from what little I've researched this is the majority response. I cannot wait to tune in and watch! I need to get my hands on the season. I should have kept the season recording on my DVR. I was pouting over Abby and Trace and clicked delete.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’ve always known Treat is a Liberal Democrat but I love following him on Twitter as a daily reminder.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

^ I figured you would. I have barely seen any of their scenes but from what little I've researched this is the majority response. I cannot wait to tune in and watch! I need to get my hands on the season. I should have kept the season recording on my DVR. I was pouting over Abby and Trace and clicked delete.
Seriously...you won't miss Trace.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Seriously...you won't miss Trace.

I need the episodes!
Old 03-25-2022, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Reply   Post New Thread