Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2021, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensports (View Post)
OK I’m really struggling to watch this season. Can’t help it. I liked Abby/Trace. Yes, I like the other characters and storylines but Abby/Trace anchored the show for me. It’s honestly like trying to watch Everwood without Ephram/Amy and Ephram disappearing and Amy being thrown together with a random dude while being forced to forget Ephram/Amy. It sucks. Betty, you’re lucky you don’t like Trace and Abby/Trace as much. I wish I felt the same.
Me too plus I only watched for Jesse but fell for Abby and trace. I might just finish the books instead and let that be my canon.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Me too plus I only watched for Jesse but fell for Abby and trace. I might just finish the books instead and let that be my canon.
Definitely can see why the show wouldn’t appeal to you anymore. Yes, Trace is too big of a character to make up for and I refuse to buy Abby with anyone else. Not happening. You just gave me an excellent idea regarding the books! I’m going to grab them and get going. That’s true canon anyway.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Definitely can see why the show wouldn’t appeal to you anymore. Yes, Trace is too big of a character to make up for and I refuse to buy Abby with anyone else. Not happening. You just gave me an excellent idea regarding the books! I’m going to grab them and get going. That’s true canon anyway.
I am glad I have an alternative canon for them. Has anyone seen the movie barefoot with Treat?
Old 09-04-2021, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am glad I have an alternative canon for them. Has anyone seen the movie barefoot with Treat?
Yes! I have not. Is it a new or older movie? There's so many of Treat's movies out there I need to watch.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

According to strong speculation Jesse didn’t like how Abby/Trace were going (future direction) and decided to leave.

That’s what I’m reading everywhere.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lina says:
September 1, 2021 at 5:41 PM
In complete agreement. What it all comes down to is the writers gave Trace a lousy storyline after it finally started working out with Abby. The premise of the show was Abby leaving him after high school and coming back years later with two kids. He loved her kids, and it was a love affair rekindling, but there was always a script pushing him away. Jesse said he left because he didn’t like the way his storyline was going too. It was a series of a wayward storylines for them to ever make it.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wanda Elliott says:
August 23, 2021 at 2:48 PM
You are right. After Jesse read the script for Season 5, he didn’t like the direction they planned for Trace and Abby. He told them he was leaving the show. l’ll miss their love story a lot but l’m glad he didn’t stay and do it as planned. I’ve never bought any DVDs of a HM series but l want season 1-5 just to watch the love story with no tv ads!
Old 09-08-2021, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chris says:
August 23, 2021 at 11:53 AM
For what I understand Jesse didn’t like the way the writers were going with Abby and Trace so he decided to leave the show.
I will miss the two of them!!!!!
Old 09-08-2021, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yes! I have not. Is it a new or older movie? There's so many of Treat's movies out there I need to watch.
It’s an older movie.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It’s an older movie.
Got it. I’ll have to take a look.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Chris says:
August 23, 2021 at 11:53 AM
For what I understand Jesse didn’t like the way the writers were going with Abby and Trace so he decided to leave the show.
I will miss the two of them!!!!!
I can honestly see that. It kept going around in circles if Trace wanted to be in Chesapeake Shores with Abby and the girls or he wanted to tour. A decision had to be made. The words Trace had were that he wanted to be a committed relationship and be a great stepfather. But his actions of going on tour spoke very differently.

I can understand why Jesse wanted to leave. I'm not sure I'd like to keep watching that song/dance much longer either.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-10-2021, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
I can honestly see that. It kept going around in circles if Trace wanted to be in Chesapeake Shores with Abby and the girls or he wanted to tour. A decision had to be made. The words Trace had were that he wanted to be a committed relationship and be a great stepfather. But his actions of going on tour spoke very differently.

I can understand why Jesse wanted to leave. I'm not sure I'd like to keep watching that song/dance much longer either.
I remember the two of us specifically talking about the episodes and basically saying the same thing above. It was getting frustrating as a viewer and fan of the pairing watching.

With that said, I cannot get into this season even if I like other characters because it annoys me now seeing Abby and this new guy shoved down our throats. Given the Abby/Trace of S1 I simply don’t buy her suddenly falling for someone else so quickly (and even at all). I find it insulting to the audience. Literally trying to make us forget what we witnessed between Abby/Trace in the early seasons. I can’t go there.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

With that said, I cannot get into this season even if I like other characters because it annoys me now seeing Abby and this new guy shoved down our throats. Given the Abby/Trace of S1 I simply don’t buy her suddenly falling for someone else so quickly (and even at all). I find it insulting to the audience. Literally trying to make us forget what we witnessed between Abby/Trace in the early seasons. I can’t go there.
Are you referring to the new (OTH) guy?
Old 09-10-2021, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Are you referring to the new (OTH) guy?
Yes who I hated on OTH when he tried to replace Lucas. Now he’s trying to replace Trace. It’s a bad pattern for me. LOL.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If we are pissed at how the story is going and we only see 1 hour a week, well maybe 20 minutes a week of their story. I cannot imagine how awful it is filming hours and hours per day of the same song and dance and having to do it with the same passion and emotion as you would a storyline that you love.

Then to bring a new guy in. I love Robert (the actor) I do. He's got a business degree, he's super smart and is a great actor. I just hate that there's Abby, who's been clearly in love with Trace since they were teenagers is now moving on with someone completely different.

I'm sorry, but not feeling it how Abby can just "go there" with someone else. He has to be a total rebound guy.

Quote:
Yes who I hated on OTH when he tried to replace Lucas. Now he’s trying to replace Trace. It’s a bad pattern for me. LOL.
I never thought about that...so he's like the second fiddle guy.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread