Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Interesting. I really don't think he has a strong urge to leave the US even if he wants to ultimately play with the best. That's my gut feeling. I could be wrong.

Sorry I was MIA a bit yesterday. I caught some horrible GI bug yesterday afternoon. Not fun. Apparently this is hitting the area strongly at the moment.

Anyway.. a title... I suck at these... LOL.

Do you have any ideas?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

I was about 6 years old and we were on the shores of Lake Erie having a nice dinner on my Uncles boat, a whole bunch of us from my mothers side. Anyway, after dinner we were on the beach hanging out before taking a sail and I wandered off by myself because I was stupid LOL and I did so in a way where my mom, who really did watch me like a hawk only I was sneaky this time, lost track of me because I found it fun (I was 6 LOL) and I ended up on the edge of a dock thinking how cool it would be to jump in only the problem was I had no idea how to entirely swim yet. But did this stop me? Umm, no, so there I go off into the air and into the water. It was shallow water but water that was too high for little me and I started doggy paddling it as best as I could while screaming for help and then about 30 seconds later my dad and maternal Grandfather were scooping me up out of the water and back to safety. I remember looking at my mom who had tears in her eyes and I know what that look meant. If i ever pulled something like that ever again drowning would have been a pleasure compared to the alternative. JK. It was out of character for me because I was just so not about being like this but I suppose everyone has their out of body and mind moments and this was one of mine in childhood.
SUCH a cute story, well, a cute ending. Though you are lucky you didn't die. If it wasn't for your family finding you rather quickly, oh man,

I am sorry you're sick with a GI infection too. I have heard of something going though Minnesota right now from my moms friend who is a nurse.

I also think you're right about Landon, Michelle. Sponsors or not, if this guy had a desperate urge to play in Europe he'd make it happen but he's rather passive. It seems like he could take or leave it almost.

For a title: What about...

What about something very bland? We all talk sports. Sports 24/7. We can't get enough of sports.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It looks like it might happen. I hope that when he plays against Beckham...he kicks his tattooed ass.

Livorno president confident of Landon Donovan capture - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

Sorry you weren't feeling well, Michelle.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks. Apparently, according to the nurse, this bug that seems to be infiltrating urgent cares and ERs is taking about 48 hrs for people to even feel like they are somewhat better. I am on 24 hrs exactly right now. Sucks very much. LOL.

And wow, ok, this is probably really happening then? That's cool! I am bad with geography.. where in Italy would this be? I need to look this up since France isn't too far from Italy so I can drag Alex there sometimes.

ETA: Wow man that's not far from France at all! Especially from where Alex lives. This is cool!

http://www.ifrf.net/gfx/map-livorno-eu.jpg

Last edited by jediwands; 07-24-2009 at 11:20 AM
Old 07-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
ETA: Wow man that's not far from France at all! Especially from where Alex lives. This is cool!

http://www.ifrf.net/gfx/map-livorno-eu.jpg

Thanks for the map, Michelle. So, it's in northern Italy...not as far north as David's team. It's on the coast which is nice for Landon since he's a beach person....not far from Florence....that's nice.
It's a new team...but it is an upper level team. I hope it happens. Landon definitely deserves it.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks for the map, Michelle. So, it's in northern Italy...not as far north as David's team. It's on the coast which is nice for Landon since he's a beach person....not far from Florence....that's nice.
It's a new team...but it is an upper level team. I hope it happens. Landon definitely deserves it.
Me too. He does. And how interesting would it be to watch those two in Landon and Beckham go at it in Italy? Fun times.

Yeah, Alex's home is in south France about an hour from the Italian border so I would imagine it cannot be that far, A few hours maybe? I will ask her whenever she gets back from dinner. All the same, this is very cool. So I am confused.. does this mean Landon will play for both leagues?

Should we start a new thread btw? LOL. Man it's been forever since I started one but I could start it if you want me to?

Last edited by jediwands; 07-24-2009 at 11:56 AM
Old 07-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So I am confused.. does this mean Landon will play for both leagues?
I believe that if the Italian teams buys him....he'll only play for them.

Quote:
Should we start a new thread btw? LOL. Man it's been forever since I started one but I could start it if you want me to?

Yes! I mentioned this on the last page. Please start a new thread for old times sake, Michelle.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread