Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Sure, that'd be great.
Done!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THanks for doing that, Michelle! Thanks, Tony!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
THanks for doing that, Michelle! Thanks, Tony!
Your welcome
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
A few years ago I wrote a Hannah / Bright story. The link will tahe you the story. All comments are welcome; even negative ones.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7932598/1/Forgiveness
Really nice job!

The way you depicted Bright's hurt and pain really grabbed me. I had goosebumps. I also thought it was a nice twist having Hannah lose her virginity to someone else. Actually makes me feel for her even more as it shows flaws and realness. I also could see a scenario of this playing out precisely as you wrote it... In the Everwood Series Finale it was very open-ended for these two. They were friends with the possibility of getting back together. I could see them being friends for a long time and Bright suffering in silence as her friend. Eventually it would be Hannah bringing up reuniting and insecure over why Bright wasn’t trying to get back together.

Excellent job, Tony!
Old 08-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for reading and your gracious comments.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is not Falling for an Everwood Christmas...not are what I want to call it. I was feeling inspired and finally had an idea to run with for a one shot to give everyone something to read. I has a good EA feel and I did actually paint Madison in a good light too . It's got a Halloween feel to it too with some mystery and suspense and maybe some chill bumps too. I hope you all enjoy it...

Ephram stood beside the woman standing on the bridge looking at the water.

“I thought I was the only person who’d be walking out this time of night with the snow starting to fall. We’re expecting two feet by tomorrow night.”
Amy turned around. “Wow, I think I just got lost in the snow falling I didn’t realize how cold it had gotten.” She rubbed her hands on on her upper arms.
“How long have you been out here?”
“A while I guess. It was daylight when I left the house.”
“Wow, you must be starving or something, it’s after midnight.”
“I could eat.”
“My house isn’t too far from here, not home cooked meal, but it’s a meal.”
“I know this place, it’s open all night, no matter what you want, you can have?”
“It’s in Everwood, nothing in Everwood stays open passed nine o’clock.”
“Well, then I guess it’s our little secret.”
“Yeah, our little secret.” Ephram caught up to her. “Since we’re sharing secrets, we should at least know each other’s names.”
“I’m Amy Abbott.”
“Amy Abbott…I am Ephram Brown.”
“Nice to meet you, Ephram Brown.”
“Same.”

Ephram didn’t know what to think. A beautiful woman he finds randomly walking on the bridge he always goes to when he needs to think. She invites him to a restaurant that he had no idea existed. If this is a dream, he doesn’t want to wake up.

“No menus?” Ephram sat down with Amy in the booth, they were the only guests in the diner.
“Just tell the waitress what you want.”
“What waitress?” Ephram looked around, didn’t seem to be a soul anywhere.
“Oh, she’s just probably in the bathroom or something. What do you want to eat?”
“This is going to sound silly. But when I lived in New York, me and my mom would order this outrageous meal. Burger with everything, double order of fries and the largest chocolate milkshake with bottomless refills. I always left stuffed and was sick the morning after…but it was worth it.”
“That’s sweet.”
“So, what’s you’re craving.”
Amy sighed heavily. “I haven’t thought about what I wanted in a long, long…gosh seems like decades since I’ve thought about what I wanted.”
“Doesn’t seem like you’re talking about food.”
“I guess I’m not. I wanted to take a walk to…clear my head…and then you came along.”
“What do you want?”
“To be something amazing to someone special. To be wanted, to be loved and adored. I never wanted to be loved and adored by millions of people, just one person is enough for me.”
“Was there ever someone you thought was special.’
“Saying his name still brings a smile to my face…Bradford Stanley. He was just the greatest.”
“You two break up?” He saw Amy’s face shoot up a hurtful look. “Um, you said was…so I’m guessing you broke up?”
“Things didn’t work out. I found out…kind of in a hard way…that he wasn’t the guy for me. I just wish I found out a lot sooner.”
“How long were you two together.”
“Gosh, we grew up together. Went to elementary school all the way to high school. It’s a small town, so it’s not that hard to believe once you think about it.”
“Well, you remained close, that was special.”
“Yeah…he was.” Amy was tracing a heart on the frosted over windows. “He was special.”

Ephram looked up and saw a waitress with a plate of food coming.

“Amy, your usual.”
“Thanks Alice.”
“Wow, looks great as usual.” Amy took in the aroma of the omelet and steak fries. “I see you got what you wanted.”
Ephram couldn’t stop starring at his food, then at Amy and finally at the waitress who just seemed to…disappear when he looked around.”
“I didn’t order this?”
“But you asked for it.”
“Yeah, I guess I did.” Ephram looked at the extravagant amount of steak fries, burger piled with everything he could imagine and a thick chocolate milkshake. “How can I explain this in my head that this is happening.”
“Do you always question everything.”
“Lately, yeah.”
“Why just lately?”
“This is my first Christmas alone.” Ephram swallowed his food. “Widower.”
“Oh, goodness, I’m so sorry. How did she…what happened?”
“Madison, my wife. She passed away last year, a few weeks before Christmas.”
“Ephram, I’m so sorry.” Amy took a sip of her peach flavored tea.
“I usually take a walk around town after everything is closed so that maybe I won’t encounter someone in town asking me how I am around the holidays. I know there’s nothing people can say when someone dies, but hearing the words ‘i’m sorry’ or someone having a pity invite to a family dinner…I can see the looks on their faces…like it’s some craptastic obligation to entertain the saddened and dejected.”
“People don’t think that way. They just learn to feed a situation with good, really good, fattening food.”

They both shared a laugh and a look. For the first time, in a long time that either can remember, they are happy.

“That was great and wow, that was exactly how it was with my mom.”
“Told you, anything you want.”
“Yeah, you’re right.”
“Oh, don’t do that.” Amy saw Ephram reach in his pocket, assuming for his wallet as most men did.
“Someone has to pay…”
“Well, doesn’t look like anyone’s here to take your money.”

Ephram looked around to feel the sense that they were there alone, the parking lot being empty too.

“Where are we? I feel like we didn’t walk far but I do feel like we’ve left Everwood.”
“Just a frame of mind, I guess. Nope, we’re still in Everwood.”

Ephram held the door open for Amy and as soon as they got onto the sidewalk, they were on the main road of Everwood.

“I guess, we didn’t really go that far.”
“Come on, let’s walk.” Amy reached for Ephram’s hand to take and he took it. “The snow is really starting to build, we’ll probably have a good five inches already.”
“Supossed to get two feet by tomorrow night.” Ephram looked at his watch, shaking his head. “Well tonight, then. I can’t believe it’s three in the morning. What was that pl…” Ephram looked behind him and couldn’t see a restaurant that would resemble the diner they were in or any indication there was anything passed the Everwood businesses they were walking in front of.”
“How long were you and Madison together?” Amy clumped up a ball of snow and threw it at as far as she could.
Ephram laughed. “Is that really how far you can throw?”
“I”m out of practice.” She gave him a glance with a smile.
Ephram threw a snowball followed by Amy laughing out loud. “Okay, so maybe I’m out of practice too.”
“Good thing no one saw us, we’d be laughed out of the snowballs club.”
“Snowballs club?”
“Yeah, a club where people learn how to execute and throw…snow…balls?”
“Liar, you made that up.”
“Yeah, I did. I was going with something, trying to be cute and I just…failed, miserably.”
Ephram let out a chuckle. “To answer your question…Madison and I were together for like ten years. We met when, funny enough, she babysat for my sister and I fell for her…hard.”
“And I’m guessing your parents weren’t too keen on that.”
“Keen? Wow, I haven’t heard that word since I visited my grandmother in New York.”
“I’m an old soul, what can I say?”
“Well…long story short, actually there is no short story. We moved to Everwood when my died, it was a sudden thing. My dad moved us here to Everwood to honor my mom. He wasn’t home enough to watch after Delia, so in comes Madison. I was taken by her, no question about it. But it also pissed off my dad a little that I started dating her.”
“What was so wrong about it?”
“Well, babysitter, for one. And she was five years older.”
“So, that’s not a huge deal.”
“And I didn’t mention I was sixteen and she was already twenty-one.”
“That does make a difference.” Amy cleared her throat. “So, I guess you two toughed it out.”
“Yeah, we did. We broke up and got back together a few times over, but after high school, I found her in New York and we reconnected.”
“That’s really sweet.”
“It felt perfect, it felt right. We moved in together, got married a year later and found out we were pregnant after years of trying that spring, everything was going great.”
Amy wiped the tear away that escaped her eye. “Why do I feel like I’m the first person you’re talking to about this?”
“You are. My dad was there, my step-mom Nina, my sister and her husband Matt. Everyone was there, they all know what happened, just no one ever talks about it…at least when I’m not around they don’t.”
“So you’re a single dad since Madison was pregnant and she passed away. I’m sorry, maybe it’s the snow that’s freezing me or I missed something?”
“No, she died and I’m not a single dad.”
Amy stood in front of Ephram. “I’m not here to judge or to give you advice. It’s okay to talk about it.”
“I promised I would be home from my last day of working before the holidays. I had sort of turned into a workaholic like my dad was. I was leaving the school, everything was good, everything was fine until I got home. We always had police cars up and down our street due to an arrest a couple of weeks before. But they were all stopped at my house…” Ephram had to correct himself. “Our house.” He cleared his throat, fighting back the emotions and the memories. “The police were there to tell me that Madison had been carrying the laundry basket down the stairs when she…she fell.”
“Ephram…” Amy spoke softly, wrapping Ephram’s hands inside of hers.
“She had been complaining about a headache for a week and everyone told us it was the pregnancy and stress and to just take some mild aspirin. She was carrying the laundry basket and missed the first step and couldn’t catch her balance and fell…down the steps…fifteen to be exact.”

Amy stayed silent, figuring that all he needed was a moment of silence to gather his thoughts.

“I wasn’t there when my dad was notified about my mom’s car accident. But it’s the same scene with the same sad faces having to deliver a husband the bad news that his life is over. I guess it’s the same feeling because it’s exactly what I felt and I just remember standing there, in the middle of the living room, starring…for what seemed like hours…starring at the clothes on the steps that spilled out onto the floor and a couple of socks that landed not he couch that was nowhere near the steps. A thousand ideas of how she fell still run through my head….after I realized what was going on, I turned to face the officers or detectives, whoever they were…they told me Madison had fallen down the steps. I had my phone turned off because I needed to get a lot of work done, so I missed all the calls and all the voicemails. Madison had fallen because she lost consciousness due to a growing brain aneurysm…reason for the headaches.” Ephram finally let the air out of his lungs he didn’t know he was holding. “The baby [I]our baby[/] didn’t survive. They said it as compassionate as they could but really, no amount of compassion could make that moment any less debilitating. I kept saying if I had only answered my phone…but everyone still tries to reassure me that the aneurysm killed her before the fall did.” Ephram finally felt a weight lifted off his shoulders. “She didn’t feel a thing…they don’t think our baby did either, but there was no way to tell.”

Ephram looked up at Amy who had the same look on her face as she did when he first started talking. “Not what you had in mind for a first date, huh?”
“Well, no, since until two seconds ago, I didn’t know we were on a date.”
“Just the two fo us, dinner…counts as a date for me.”
“Then it’s a date. Even if it was a date, I’m still glad you were able to talk to someone.”
“Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever told all of that to anyone, must less someone I just met.”
“Sometimes an unbiased person is the only person to confess to.”
“You’re a good listener.”

They were now back at the bridge, everything looking and feeling different.

“I feel like this is my stop.” Amy finally spoke, breaking the silence with the snow.
“I can walk you home, the snow is getting pretty bad.”
“Nope, I live close by…I’ll find my way.”
“Amy, wait…” Ephram pressed his lips against hers, feeling a passion he had never experienced before.
“Wow…” Amy smiled back at him. “That was….nice.” She could feel her face getting warmer.
“Yeah, it was…when can I see you again.”
“Soon.”

~*~

Andy watched his son mill around the kitchen humming what seemed like Christmas music.

“You feeling okay?”
“Yeah, great, you like pancakes or waffles?”
“Waffles and thank you. What is going on with you?”
“Nothing, I feel great…I feel alive.”
“I’m glad you feel great and alive, but not less than a week ago, you wouldn’t leave your house if it was’t for work or, well, you didn’t.”
“Okay, there is a girl who is responsible.”
“So you met someone?”
“Yeah, her name is Amy. I walked around Everwood with her for what seemed like hours.”
“Seems like a special girl to enter your personal time of walking around town.”
“She is. She listened, just really listened to what I had to say.”
“Seems like you had something to say.”
“I told her about Madison.”
Andy looked up from his paper. “You told someone you just met about Madison?”
“Yeah, I just felt like opening up for the first time in…well, since it happened and this huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.”
“I’d love to meet this girl Amy sometime, maybe invite her over for dinner.”
“Sure.”
“Wow and accepting an invitation for dinner? Now I really want to meet her.”

~*~

“You’re later than usual, everything okay?” Nina asked Andy as she was bookmarking her kindle.
“Everyone wants a checkup before the Christmas I guess. But that is not the biggest news.”
“Bigger than everyone in Everwood wanting a clean bill of health from the Great Doctor Brown?”
“Ephram, believe it or not. You know he made me waffles this morning…unburnt with fruit.”
“Ephram Brown? The same Ephram Brown who claims to not know how to use a stove.”
“He used griddle, but yeah, same Ephram.”
“What got into him wanting to make you a meal, especially before school.”
“He met a woman last night that he spent a great amount of time with.”
“Wow, must be some woman to put Ephram into a good mood, especially this time a year.”
“Apparently…he told her about Madison.”
“Who is this girl? He never talks about Madison.”
“No idea, all I know is that her name is Amy. Ephram said he talked about Madison and had a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.”
“I’m glad he was able to talk to someone.”
“Me too. You should’ve seen him Nina, I haven’t seen him actually that happy in a long time, maybe when Julia was alive.”
“And this was all because a woman named Amy?”
“Yeah, a girl named Amy.”
“We should have her over for dinner.”
“I invited them for tomorrow night.”
“Good, then I can get takeout from Sam’s…family style.”
“I hope this is a new beginning for him…I’ve been worried about him.”
“You should know better than anyone that this kind of transition takes time.”
“Well, I had you to help me through a lot, being there, talking about it.”
“And now Ephram has Amy.”
“Yeah, Ephram has Amy.”

~*~

Nina walked over to the table Ephram was seated at one early evening. She sat across from him.

“I have a reliable source that you were really chipper a few mornings ago. I’m not calling anyone a liar but this is not chipper.”
“I can’t believe I told her about Madison. I never talk about Madison and the first time I do, it’s to some random person that I’m never going to see again.”
“That girl Amy your dad told me about?”
“Yeah, I guess she thought it wasn’t a big deal that I opened up to her about everything. The looks he had, everything felt good, it felt right for the first time in a long time. Everything felt real, our hands holding the kiss…
“You kissed her? How was that?”
“Amazing, never anything like it.”
“Not even Madison?”
“It felt like…more than I had with Madison.”
“Wow, this girl really is something. All you got was her name is Amy?”
“Abbott, her name is Amy Abbott.”
Nina’s face, body, all her limbs felt cold. She struggled to speak. “Amy Abbott? Are you sure?”
“Yeah, why would you ask me that and why do you look like you’ve seen a ghost?”
“Ephram, someone might be playing a really late Halloween trick on you.”
“What do you mean?”
“Before you and your family moved here there was a family with the last name Abbott. Harold, Rose, Brighton and…Amy. They lived across town in Teluride. Really exclusive area. Harold was the doctor up there and Rose was the mayor who as also a great teacher…or so I’ve heard.”
“How do you know so much about the Abbott family?”
“Only from what I’ve read in the newspaper columns, which after you leave here, research.”
“What’s the point of this, Nina?”
“Amy Abbott is not alive, Ephram.”
Now Ephram was feeling the chill all over his body. “She has to be. I felt her, I kissed her…”
Nina looked around to make sure no one was around their table and she lowered her voice. “Amy was murdered a year before you and your family moved to Everwood. Her boyfriend…”
“Bradford Stanley?”
“Yeah, how did you know?” Nina had a quickness in her voice.
“Amy told me. I know this sounds crazy, I but I met her last night. I talked to her, I had dinner with her, I kissed her. God help me, I wanted to spend the night with her. Now you’re telling me she’s not alive?”
“The Abbotts tried to stay in the same house but with everyone watching them, whispering about what could’ve happened to the girl everyone loved…it became too much for them.”
“Did they ever find out who did it.”
“Bradford admitted to it once the police connected all the dots and he had no where to go.”
“What happened then?”
“He was sent to jail on first degree murder. They couldn’t say he planned it, but everyone in town is convinced he did. He was always one of those quiet kids that you didn’t want to stand next to in the hallway.”
“And no one said anything about them dating.”
“Everyone thought Amy could get him on the right path. They were friends and then became something more.”
“I feel sick.”
“It’s a lot to take in, Ephram. I’m not saying what you saw or felt isn’t real, but I just want you to know all the facts.”
“Yeah, thanks.”

~*~

Ephram had his computer on his lap, going through every website he found, coming through all the details of the events in Everwood and around Colorado circa the year two-thousand. Then…there it was

AMY NICOLE ABBOTT, 16 YEARS OLD, FOUND DEAD BY ECHO LAKE PARK

Amy Abbott, sixteen years old found dead in the early morning of November 18th. Her body was found wrapped up in blankets on the rocks by the bridge by Rockberry Road. It was said that her boyfriend Bradford Stanley was last seen with her that night. They had gotten into a small argument the last anyone had seen. Bradford confessed details to investigators that only a killer would know, intimate details.

Ephram couldn’t believe what he was reading. Amy seemed so vibrant and lively when he walked with her, talked with her, kissed her. How could it all be unreal, how could Amy Abbott be a ghost?

Ephram decided to take the all too familiar walk around town and found himself at the bridge he felt so alive at just a few nights ago. He looked at the sign at the beginning of the bridge, Rockberry Bridge. Ephram felt the same chills as he did when Nina told him the truth about Amy.

Ephram leaned against the ice ridden handle looking around, trying to find a sign. He saw her hand fold over his hand. He jumped back when seeing her face.

“Hi Ephram.” Amy spoke to him with the same beautiful smile she had.
“You’re dead.”
“You figured it out.”
“A little help yeah and why not the truth.”
“And let you go another night without letting go of all that pain and agony you would holding inside. I couldn’t do that, I wasn’t allowed to do that.”
“Allowed?”
“Ephram, I was sent to you, to help you heal.”
“Who would send a dead girl to help me heal and I read your story. All I picture is…”
“Bradford wrapping me up in a blanket. If it helps any, I was already dead when. I landed in the water. At least I didn’t have to feel the cold and whatever element was out here to help me decay that much faster.”
“You seem so calm about this.”
“Well, being dead helps you not stress about what happened when you were alive.”
“I’ll have to remember that.” Ephram turned around, his back facing Amy. “But what does all of this mean?”
“Turn around and look at me.”

Her voice was different, Ephram felt it and he slowly turned around.

“Madison.” He was finally able to say, tears falling and his voice fading.
“Hi, Ephram.”
“What happened…where’s Amy?”
“She’s gone…turns out I have some power up there.” She nodded towards the sky.
“What, why?”
“I remember your reaction when Andy was seeing Julia around Everwood and you thought he was crazy. I didn’t want that for you.”
“You sent Amy.”
“Yeah, I knew you’d talk to someone you felt safe with, someone you felt would listen to you.”
“As you always did.”
“Yeah, I loved listening to whatever you had to say.”
“I’m seem to be at a loss for words now.”
“That’s okay, I don’t have long anyway.”
“You’re leaving?’
“Yeah, I had one last thing to do before I can be at peace.”
“What’s that?”
“Saying goodbye to the man that I loved more than anything else in this world.”
Ephram choked back his tears, he never wanted to cry. “I didn’t get to say goodbye, did I?”
“I didn’t either.”
Ephram saw her slender frame. “Our baby?”
“She is beautiful, has your eyes. I see her, I walk with her. She is going to have your love of music no doubt, she hears you every time you play.”
Ephram saw Madison start to fade. “I guess it’s time.”
Madison placed a soft kiss on Ephram’s lips. “Goodbye, Ephram.”
He hugged her tightly, able to feel her warmth, her heart beating. ‘Goodbye, Madison.”

A moment later Ephram stood himself up and flattened his arms. As close as Madison was in his embrace, the farther apart she felt when she disappeared.

~*~

A Year Later

Ephram walked into the school auditorium. The new school year was starting and all the teachers got together to, as the principle calls it, mingle around. It was more of a way for everyone to recognize each other once the school year started. Half the time the teachers didn’t know the teacher in the next classroom until the school year ended.

Ephram looked around, he like to talk to new faces, make them feel welcome.

Someone tapped on his back, he turned around and almost lost his full up of punch.

“Hi, I’m standing alone, you’re standing alone, why not we stand alone together.”
“Sounds nice…I’m Ephram Brown.”
“Hi Ephram Brown, I’m Amy Abbott.” She saw the look on his face. “Apparently I look like a girl that passed away some years ago in a horrible accident. I promise, I’m not her…apparently her twin though, given the resemblance.”
“You want to get out of here?”
“More than anything, are these things always so…”
“Boring? Yeah, they are.”
“Wait, my coat.”
“I can get it, what does it look like.
“Green, with white gloves inside.”
“I’ll be right back.”

Ephram went to the coat check and handed a fellow teacher the two tickets.

“Leaving already, something happen?”
“Yeah…and it’s pretty amazing.”
“Oh, yeah?”
“Yeah, I met the woman I’m going to marry.”
“Well, then you better catch up with her before someone else does.”
“I lost her once, I’m not losing her again.”
“Yeah…okay?”

Ephram left the teacher pondering that statement and caught up with Amy.

“Where are we off to?” Amy asked when putting on her coat.
“A really great diner…”
“Okay, let’s go.”
“Yeah, lets…”
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Wonderful! Thanks for this! When I have a quiet moment this weekend I look forward to reading!
Old 11-02-2019, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like good reading, Patricia! I've been overdosing on Hallmark Christmas movies, and these seems like a nice break!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That was a great read, Patricia! You are super talented. You literally brought back to life Everwood. That is amazing magic.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A Wedding In Everwood

(kind of blanking on the title lol)

This isn't the big story I'm working on. I'm kind of stuck on it for a moment, but still had some ideas. You should see my computer. I think I have at least 5 if not more fictions started that I get stuck on every time. I'm hoping to them all. But until then, here is a really sweet story that I was actually able to write in a couple of hours as a quick story. It's short, not a lot of depth but has a lot of heart which is what Everwood is a lot of times

I hope you all enjoy An Everwood Wedding...

“This is not about him.” Amy cried out, pleading for Colin to hear what she was feeling.
“How could this not be about him? It’s always about him. You want him to show you the world.”
“What? What are you talking about? This is about me, just me.”
“So you finally figure it out that you’re not in this when you have on the dress and all of our friends and family out there waiting for us to become man and wife. A day we’ve both been planning for months. Why are you doing this now, why couldn’t you come to me about this earlier?”
“I thought all the feelings would go away. I thought it was just normal to feel nervous and wonder about the future but my gut, my entire body is telling me something different.”
“Did you feel this way this morning?”
“Yeah.” Amy looked at her hands, her manicured fingernails she had done for this special day. “I’ve felt this way for a while, I just thought I could explain it all away.”
“We’ve been together since we were kids, Amy.” Colin stood right in front of her, saying these words. “We’ve never dated anyone else because I thought we didn’t need to. I asked you to be my wife and you didn’t hesitate.”
Amy interrupted with a whisper. “I know.”
“You tell me you love me with the biggest brown eyes and I felt that.” He brushed his hands over his head. “What happened to that, what happened to us?”
“It’s just overtime…and lately I’ve always thought you deserved better, someone more devoted to you…”
“Deserved, devoted? Did I ever make you feel that I needed to be…honored?”
“No, but you should be cherished by someone who really loves you.”

Colin looked at his fiancé and for the first time, maybe it was because he was allowing himself, but he saw it and he felt it. He leaned up against the serving table in the tent.

“I’m sorry.” He looked at Amy in a different way than he ever had before. “I think we were together for so long we forgot what it was like to be ourselves.”
Amy leaned up right beside him against the table. “I was always used to being Colin Hart’s girlfriend and then it was Colin’s fiancé and someone called me Colin’s wife and it just didn’t feel right. I thought that maybe it was the cold feet thing, but every time I thought about signing a check.” She wiped a tear away, sniffling. “Signing a permission slip for one of our kids as Amy Hart. I wanted to want to feel a rush of emotion in those moments. I realized that I was feeling those moments for us, for the people we would have in our lives, but I never thought about how I would feel.”
“I want you to feel loved and whole and beautiful…the way I see you every day.”
Amy closed her eyes letting her tears fall on the side of her face. “I don’t deserve that after dragging us to this part and telling you no.” She had cupped her hand over her mouth as her entire body felt the emotions of the events of the day.”
Colin stood up, in front of Amy, holding her hands inside of his. He placed a goodbye kiss on her lips and a trail of kisses on her face down to her neck and pulled her into a tight hug. “I will always love you, Amy…Nicole…Abbott.” Colin said her name slowly, knowing it would be the last time he would be saying her full name. One last kiss on the mouth…”Goodbye, Amy.”

Amy waited until Colin was out of sight and out of earshot before she finally allowed herself to break down. She looked up to see Rose looking for her.

“There you are, the guests are waiting, where’s Colin?”
Amy finally found the courage to stand up and letting Rose see that she’d been crying. “There’s not going to be a wedding.”
“What do you mean? Everything’s been planned and there are your friends and family out there that you’ve invited to watch you and Colin get married.”
“Mom…mommy…there’s not going to be a wedding today.”
Rose knew that Amy was serious and she could feel the sadness in her daughter’s voice. “What would you like me to do?”
“I think Colin left so I have to go and tell everyone that they…they got all dressed up for nothing.” Amy looked at her beautiful dress. “I did.”
“I’ll get your father and we’ll let everyone know there will not be a wedding today.”
“No, I have to go do it, I’m the one who called it off.”

For some reason Rose thought that it was Colin that had called everything off. Not pressing the issue, she took Amy’s hands in hers. “Your father and I can handle this. Why don’t you get changed?”
“Thank you.” Amy said, almost a whisper, when all she wanted to do was cry out her words to express how she felt.

Amy felt the biggest sigh of relief. She couldn’t remember feeling this at ease with herself in a long time. Amy honestly couldn’t remember a decision she made entirely for herself by herself without thinking about someone else along the way.

After what seemed like forever, Amy finally grabbed the front of her dress and headed back towards the cabin, that just moments ago, she was walking with her maid of honor Hannah and her bridesmaids excited to see her and Colin get married. Never did she imagine should would return to this room in a wedding dress and no fiancé.

There was a knock on the as soon as Amy was gathering her things together. “Everyone’s at the reception hall.”
“Yeah, I was looking for you.”

Amy turned around. Even in a suit she’d seen him in before, he still looked as handsome as ever.

“Hi, Ephram.”
“I arrived a few minutes ago and Hannah told me the wedding is off?”
“Yeah, it happened…ironically when you arrived.”
“I know I’m probably asking the same question as everyone else…what happened?”
“I think I was always so comfortable being in Colin’s world, that I forgot to have my own.”
“And now?”
“I don’t know what I want . Well outside of getting out of this dress and running away, that is.”
Ephram dangled car keys and grabbing her overnight bag. “What are we waiting for.”
“Ephram, there’s so much stuff here to clean up, I can’t leave my own wedding.”
“Why not? Who do you have to make happy?”
Amy smiled and sighed. “Me.”
“What do you want?”
Amy leaned her head onto his. “Let’s go.”

~*~ 1 year later ~*~

Colin was finally back in Everwood. He had left Everwood shortly after the jilted wedding with Amy. Never thought he’d return, Colin looked around Everwood and was glad he did. The leaves were finally turning colors, giving the town the orange and autumn and lots of other wonderful colors from the trees. He looked up to see Ephram walk into a jewelry store. Why not say hello to an old friend, he thought.

“Ephram Brown.”
Ephram saw Colin walking towards him and felt more awkward than he had in his entire life. “Colin, hey, when did you get back into town?”
“A few moments ago. I checked into the only really nice hotel in Everwood apparently.”
“Yeah, the Everwoodian. It’s the really nice hotel in town because it is the only hotel in town.”
“Yeah, I know, but it’s Everwood. If it’s corny, it’s Everwood.”
“True. So…jewelry shopping?”
“Mr. Brown?” The clerk called his name, placing a ring box in front of him. “Here is the ring you had resized. I’m sure your soon-to-be fiancé will love it, it’s the perfect design.”
“Yeah, my dad picked it out…for my mom.” He could see the slight confusion on the sales person’s face. “My mom passed away and my dad moved us here to honor her. I found Amy because of my mom and I feel this way will honor her even more.”
Colin soon joined Ephram as they exited the store and Colin had to ask. “So who’s the lucky lady?” He saw the look Ephram returned to him and had a hard time finding the words. “It’s Amy, isn’t it?”
“Yeah.”
“So it was you.”
“What was me?”
“I think I always felt that Amy wasn’t in love with me as I was and still am with her. She always said you two were just friends and you weren’t the reason she called off the wedding.”
“Colin, I don’t know what you felt, but there wasn’t anything going on with me and Amy back then.”
“But it’s literally a year since the wedding and you’re proposing to her.” Colin sighed. “When did you two start dating?”
Ephram could sense a motive with Colin. “Colin, not sure that’s really any of your concern.”
“So what, a month after, a week?”
“Have a good day, Colin.”

If Colin said anything, Ephram didn’t hear anything when walking away. If Ephram wasn’t nervous about proposing before, he was feeling the butterflies now. He wasn’t expecting Amy to say no, but he was definitely wondering how she would feel when seeing Colin again. Everwood is a small town. Amy running into Colin in Everwood was not only a possibility, it was inevitable.

“Got the ring?” Bright looked up at his soon-to-be brother-in-law in Amy and Ephram’s kitchen.
“Don’t you have the means to make your own sandwich in your own house that you have with your own wife?”
“Hannah’s out of town and I need a road map of the grocery store and I think I’ve eaten everything on Sam’s menu at least three times.”
“When does she get back?”
Bright sighed. “Not soon enough. But I know she will be back in town to take Amy on a spa day while you plan your proposal.”
“Yeah, about that…”
“Don’t tell me you’re feeling scared?”
“No, not at all. I want to marry Amy like right now.”
Bright took a bite of his sandwich, “So what’s the problem.”

Ephram had to let out a small laugh when not evening have to think about what Bright was talking about with a mouth full of a sandwich.

“Colin’s back in town?”
“Colin Hart?”
“Yeah.”
“But what does that have to do with you proposing to Amy?”
“It took a long time for Amy to want to open up her heart again and believe that we could work.”
“Where does Colin fit into this…?”
“I don’t want Amy to doubt her feelings or doubt herself that she has moved on and we’re meant to be together.”
“Dude, I think you’re overreacting. Amy loves you and there’s no doubt that she’s going to say yes and probably do the crying thing she does when she’s really happy.”
That crying thing?
“Where she tries to hide that she’s not crying and fakes a smile to hope the tears don’t fall and in turn she ends up crying even more.”
“I think it’s cute.”
“Well, you’re in love with her…you’re supposed to think it’s cute.”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Seriously, dude, don’t worry about Colin. You’ve been in this blissful relationship for like a year, everything is going to be fine.”
“I hope so.”

~~

“Great, thank you so much. For a minute I thought I’d have to design my photo shoot with paper bags. Yes, I can be there this afternoon to pick it up.”

Amy looked up to see his smiling face down at her.

“Colin?” She got up quickly to hug him. “When did you get back in town?”
“Oh, this afternoon. I’ve just been walking around town, looking at all the changes. I never expected Everwood to change.”
“I do the same thing too. Remember how things were just a few years ago and seeing them now it’s just a complete surprise sometimes.”
“Speaking of surprises, I ran into Ephram.”
“Oh.” Was all Amy managed to say.
“I want to say I was surprised to find out you two were together, but I think I always knew.”
“Colin, when you and I were together…”
He held up his right hand, interrupting. “I know that now. At the time, I was hurt and I wanted to believe that Ephram was apart of it and I wanted someone to blame. I didn’t want to admit that you were right and things just fell apart because we grew apart. I know that now. I came back to Everwood for you, to tell you, that I still love you and I just want you to be happy. I know it probably doesn’t have any weight on you now, but I feel like the way we ended things was unfair to you and unfair to the time we spent together.”
“Colin, you probably could have said this in an email, over the phone. I appreciate you came all this way from…wherever you live now, but why are you really in Everwood?”
Colin showed Amy his business card. “Attorney at law.”
“Wow, you’ve started your own firm, this is exciting.” Amy paused. “Not to burst your bubble and make Everwood sound hokey, but we already have a lawyer…Hannah Abbott.”
“I know, she’s the one who said I should think about practicing in Everwood for a little while.”
“She did?”
“Yeah, turns out, that there’s going to be another Abbott running around Everwood in the next…nine months.”
Amy’s face lit up, Colin still loved her smile. “I knew she was hiding something with wearing that big sweatshirt and didn’t join me for our weekend run this morning.”
“Yeah, she doesn’t want anyone to know.”
“I wonder how Bright is able to keep a secret.”
“She’s telling him tonight.”
“Exciting! Everwood is certainly changing a lot now.”

Colin kept his posture and made sure not not say anything about where he saw Ephram earlier that day.

“I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but don’t you have to pick up something?”
Amy gave him a confused look. “What…oh, yeah, the phone call. I have to pick up some dresses on loan for a photo shoot I’m doing for Macy’s.”
“Wow, photography.”
“Yeah, I have a studio in town. You should stop by and see it sometimes. It’s over on Montclair.”
“Yeah, I remember the area.” Colin sighed, looking at the time on his watch. “I have to get going too. It was good seeing you and Ephram is a damn lucky guy.”
Amy had a bright smile. “Thank you.”

~

“Ah, that was so much fun!” Amy reflected on the spa day she spent with Hannah. “Thank you for this day. So unexpected and so needed.”
“You are so welcome. We should do this more often, maybe instead of our weekend runs, we can have weekend spa days.”
“Don’t be mad, but I know
“You know…what?”
“A new addition to Everwood in nine months.”
Hannah’s face turned read. “How? Bright doesn’t even know.”
“Your business partner.”
“I swear, no one can keep a secret in this town!”
“Don’t worry, secret is safe with me.” Amy drew a zipper across her lips.

Hannah glanced at the text message notification from Ephram that everything was ready.

“Well, this is where I leave you.” Hannah stated as they stood on Amy’s front porch.
“Wait, you’re leaving. I thought you’d at least stay and have dinner or watch a movie, you always stay.”
“Not tonight.” Hannah gave her friend a hug and whispered, “congratulations.”

Amy just shrugged, shaking her head to Hannah’s comment. When walking into the house she knew the weight of Hannah’s word of encouragement. The white rose pedals were spread at the foyer and trailing up the staircase.

She made up it up the staircase and found his smiling back at her. Amy knew the feeling she had inside of her was the way she was always supposed to feel and knew not to question it or doubt it.

“Ephram…what’s going on?”
He laid a passionate kiss on her lips, placing his left hand on her should and his right hand on her waste. “I love you.”
She kissed him back. “I love you, too.” Her face still wrote a story of confusion.
“I had this entire night planned with a really important question to ask you at midnight…on your birthday.” Ephram reached into the top drawer in the nightstand and took out the ring box. “But I knew I couldn’t wait.”

Amy wanted to scream out yes at the top of her lungs but knew how important this moment was for Ephram too. She stood there, fidgeting, her hands almost shaking.

“I’ve practiced this speech like a thousand times, but I’m a little nervous, so stay with me.”
“Always.” Amy whispered, feeling herself glowing when she smiled.
Ephram entwined his hands with hers. “I love you.” He sighed, continued. “I’ve loved you since the day I came to this little mountain town. There you were with your perfect hair, purple earmuffs and telling me your nickname was Grover.”
“You remembered.”
“I remember everything about us. I remember when I saw the Ferris wheel outside my apartment and you telling me you loved me. I remember coming up for fresh hair and knowing that it was always you then and it’s always you now and it will always be us, forever and always.”
Always” Amy said with a whisper.
Ephram got down on one knee, holding her left hand with his two hands. “Amy Nicole Abbott, I want you to be my forever and my always. Marry me?”
Amy was nodding and realizing she hadn’t said anything yet. “Yes! Oh my God, Yes!”

Ephram quickly stood up, sliding the ring on Amy’s ring finger.

“Ephram, the ring…”
“It’s my mom’s engagement ring. SHe’s the reason why we met in the first place.”
“I wish I could’ve met her.”
“She would’ve loved you.” Ephram couldn’t help but let his voice reflect the emotion he was feeling. My dad gave me his blessing.”
“I love it.” She looked at the ring, then up to her fiancé. “And I love you.”
“Now…to the rest of the evening….”

~*~

Another year later…

“Now we’re really going to be sisters.” Delia pinned Amy’s veil on top her head. “How are you feeling?”
“It’s going to sound silly, but I feel like a princess.”
“You look like a princess, too.”
“Is Adam coming to the wedding?”
“He’s already here. If being stuck in surgery hours after the scheduled time wasn’t enough, he gets to come to a country wedding and help seat people.”
“Well, he’s family so he gets recruited.”
“I think he figured that out when recruited him to help dry dishes as she washed when the dishwasher was broken.”
“I thought that was just to get to know Adam.”
“Well, it worked both ways for Nina. To this day, Adam knows there is no fighting being volunteered at family events, it’s better to just give in.”

They both looked in the mirror, Amy didn’t recognize herself.

“Two years ago I never thought I’d be able to be back in this place again, getting married.”
“You’re marrying my brother this time and it’s the right decision. You look more like a bride.”
“I feel more like a bride.”

Deliah saw Hannah’s signal through the tent cracked entrance door to the quarters.

“Well, Amy Abbott, it’s time to transition you from a bride to a wife.”

The moment, it hit her. The word wife that she was so afraid to identify with felt complete, she felt whole. She still felt the most complete when thinking about becoming Mrs. Ephram, Andrew Brown. She was excited for the next chapter of her life. She was excited to see Ephram’s face when he sees her in the wedding gown that gave her the full bridal moment that she had never really experienced before.

Amy made her way down the aisle towards Ephram and the pastor. She made her way up to the steps and everything floated away when her hands and eyes met Ephram’s eyes.

The pastor began…

We are gathered here in the front of the eyes of God to witness the union of Amy Nicole Abbott and Ephram Andrew Brown. If there is anyone that wishes these two to not be wed, please speak now, or forever hold your peace.”

Colin was standing at the back the church, unbeknownst to anyone. As soon as he heard those words, he gave Amy one last look and quickly exited the church to not be seen by anyone, especially Ephram or Amy. She is happy, Colin thought and he was okay with that.

The Pastor began again…

"Amy and Ephram have written their own vows to each other that they will now recite. Amy…”

Amy began by placing the wedding band on Ephram’s ring finger.. “Ladies first I guess.” She smiled, hearing some laughter from the crowd, putting her at ease. “You came into my life exactly the time I needed you to. I was letting go of the idea that being in love you showed me that I could be loved. I know that with you standing next to me, I can do anything, I want to send the rest of my life making you feel as wonderful and special as you make me feel just by being here…standing next to me. I feel like my heart will explode with how much I love you and love our life together so far and the life we are going to build for years to come. I love you.”

Ephram cleared his throat, before speaking. “Wow, okay…” He fixed his eyes on Amy and immediately he felt the calm he had been looking for. He carefully placed the ring on Amy’s ring finger and slid it into place on her hand. “I moved to this little mountain town when I thought I lost the only person in the world who I thought really understood me. I’m glad I was wrong.” He smiled. “Not only did I find someone I could talk to about anything, I found someone I was going to love with my entire heart and give my entire self to. Everything that I dreamt about what perfect woman would have, you are more than anything I could have ever imagined. I can’t wait to spend he rest our lives with you as your husband and you as my wife. I love everything about you and about us and the life we are going to share together.”

The pastor stepped towards Amy and Ephram in the same spot he was before they recited their vows.

“With the power invested in my by the sate of Colorado, I now present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Ephram Andrew Brown..” He looked at Ephram. “You may now kiss your bride.”

Ephram bought Amy into a kiss with passion as her husband that was kissing the woman of his dreams for the very first time

[THE END]
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-28-2019, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
A Wedding In Everwood

(kind of blanking on the title lol)

This isn't the big story I'm working on. I'm kind of stuck on it for a moment, but still had some ideas. You should see my computer. I think I have at least 5 if not more fictions started that I get stuck on every time. I'm hoping to them all. But until then, here is a really sweet story that I was actually able to write in a couple of hours as a quick story. It's short, not a lot of depth but has a lot of heart which is what Everwood is a lot of times

I hope you all enjoy An Everwood Wedding...

“This is not about him.” Amy cried out, pleading for Colin to hear what she was feeling.
“How could this not be about him? It’s always about him. You want him to show you the world.”
“What? What are you talking about? This is about me, just me.”
“So you finally figure it out that you’re not in this when you have on the dress and all of our friends and family out there waiting for us to become man and wife. A day we’ve both been planning for months. Why are you doing this now, why couldn’t you come to me about this earlier?”
“I thought all the feelings would go away. I thought it was just normal to feel nervous and wonder about the future but my gut, my entire body is telling me something different.”
“Did you feel this way this morning?”
“Yeah.” Amy looked at her hands, her manicured fingernails she had done for this special day. “I’ve felt this way for a while, I just thought I could explain it all away.”
“We’ve been together since we were kids, Amy.” Colin stood right in front of her, saying these words. “We’ve never dated anyone else because I thought we didn’t need to. I asked you to be my wife and you didn’t hesitate.”
Amy interrupted with a whisper. “I know.”
“You tell me you love me with the biggest brown eyes and I felt that.” He brushed his hands over his head. “What happened to that, what happened to us?”
“It’s just overtime…and lately I’ve always thought you deserved better, someone more devoted to you…”
“Deserved, devoted? Did I ever make you feel that I needed to be…honored?”
“No, but you should be cherished by someone who really loves you.”

Colin looked at his fiancé and for the first time, maybe it was because he was allowing himself, but he saw it and he felt it. He leaned up against the serving table in the tent.

“I’m sorry.” He looked at Amy in a different way than he ever had before. “I think we were together for so long we forgot what it was like to be ourselves.”
Amy leaned up right beside him against the table. “I was always used to being Colin Hart’s girlfriend and then it was Colin’s fiancé and someone called me Colin’s wife and it just didn’t feel right. I thought that maybe it was the cold feet thing, but every time I thought about signing a check.” She wiped a tear away, sniffling. “Signing a permission slip for one of our kids as Amy Hart. I wanted to want to feel a rush of emotion in those moments. I realized that I was feeling those moments for us, for the people we would have in our lives, but I never thought about how I would feel.”
“I want you to feel loved and whole and beautiful…the way I see you every day.”
Amy closed her eyes letting her tears fall on the side of her face. “I don’t deserve that after dragging us to this part and telling you no.” She had cupped her hand over her mouth as her entire body felt the emotions of the events of the day.”
Colin stood up, in front of Amy, holding her hands inside of his. He placed a goodbye kiss on her lips and a trail of kisses on her face down to her neck and pulled her into a tight hug. “I will always love you, Amy…Nicole…Abbott.” Colin said her name slowly, knowing it would be the last time he would be saying her full name. One last kiss on the mouth…”Goodbye, Amy.”

Amy waited until Colin was out of sight and out of earshot before she finally allowed herself to break down. She looked up to see Rose looking for her.

“There you are, the guests are waiting, where’s Colin?”
Amy finally found the courage to stand up and letting Rose see that she’d been crying. “There’s not going to be a wedding.”
“What do you mean? Everything’s been planned and there are your friends and family out there that you’ve invited to watch you and Colin get married.”
“Mom…mommy…there’s not going to be a wedding today.”
Rose knew that Amy was serious and she could feel the sadness in her daughter’s voice. “What would you like me to do?”
“I think Colin left so I have to go and tell everyone that they…they got all dressed up for nothing.” Amy looked at her beautiful dress. “I did.”
“I’ll get your father and we’ll let everyone know there will not be a wedding today.”
“No, I have to go do it, I’m the one who called it off.”

For some reason Rose thought that it was Colin that had called everything off. Not pressing the issue, she took Amy’s hands in hers. “Your father and I can handle this. Why don’t you get changed?”
“Thank you.” Amy said, almost a whisper, when all she wanted to do was cry out her words to express how she felt.

Amy felt the biggest sigh of relief. She couldn’t remember feeling this at ease with herself in a long time. Amy honestly couldn’t remember a decision she made entirely for herself by herself without thinking about someone else along the way.

After what seemed like forever, Amy finally grabbed the front of her dress and headed back towards the cabin, that just moments ago, she was walking with her maid of honor Hannah and her bridesmaids excited to see her and Colin get married. Never did she imagine should would return to this room in a wedding dress and no fiancé.

There was a knock on the as soon as Amy was gathering her things together. “Everyone’s at the reception hall.”
“Yeah, I was looking for you.”

Amy turned around. Even in a suit she’d seen him in before, he still looked as handsome as ever.

“Hi, Ephram.”
“I arrived a few minutes ago and Hannah told me the wedding is off?”
“Yeah, it happened…ironically when you arrived.”
“I know I’m probably asking the same question as everyone else…what happened?”
“I think I was always so comfortable being in Colin’s world, that I forgot to have my own.”
“And now?”
“I don’t know what I want . Well outside of getting out of this dress and running away, that is.”
Ephram dangled car keys and grabbing her overnight bag. “What are we waiting for.”
“Ephram, there’s so much stuff here to clean up, I can’t leave my own wedding.”
“Why not? Who do you have to make happy?”
Amy smiled and sighed. “Me.”
“What do you want?”
Amy leaned her head onto his. “Let’s go.”

~*~ 1 year later ~*~

Colin was finally back in Everwood. He had left Everwood shortly after the jilted wedding with Amy. Never thought he’d return, Colin looked around Everwood and was glad he did. The leaves were finally turning colors, giving the town the orange and autumn and lots of other wonderful colors from the trees. He looked up to see Ephram walk into a jewelry store. Why not say hello to an old friend, he thought.

“Ephram Brown.”
Ephram saw Colin walking towards him and felt more awkward than he had in his entire life. “Colin, hey, when did you get back into town?”
“A few moments ago. I checked into the only really nice hotel in Everwood apparently.”
“Yeah, the Everwoodian. It’s the really nice hotel in town because it is the only hotel in town.”
“Yeah, I know, but it’s Everwood. If it’s corny, it’s Everwood.”
“True. So…jewelry shopping?”
“Mr. Brown?” The clerk called his name, placing a ring box in front of him. “Here is the ring you had resized. I’m sure your soon-to-be fiancé will love it, it’s the perfect design.”
“Yeah, my dad picked it out…for my mom.” He could see the slight confusion on the sales person’s face. “My mom passed away and my dad moved us here to honor her. I found Amy because of my mom and I feel this way will honor her even more.”
Colin soon joined Ephram as they exited the store and Colin had to ask. “So who’s the lucky lady?” He saw the look Ephram returned to him and had a hard time finding the words. “It’s Amy, isn’t it?”
“Yeah.”
“So it was you.”
“What was me?”
“I think I always felt that Amy wasn’t in love with me as I was and still am with her. She always said you two were just friends and you weren’t the reason she called off the wedding.”
“Colin, I don’t know what you felt, but there wasn’t anything going on with me and Amy back then.”
“But it’s literally a year since the wedding and you’re proposing to her.” Colin sighed. “When did you two start dating?”
Ephram could sense a motive with Colin. “Colin, not sure that’s really any of your concern.”
“So what, a month after, a week?”
“Have a good day, Colin.”

If Colin said anything, Ephram didn’t hear anything when walking away. If Ephram wasn’t nervous about proposing before, he was feeling the butterflies now. He wasn’t expecting Amy to say no, but he was definitely wondering how she would feel when seeing Colin again. Everwood is a small town. Amy running into Colin in Everwood was not only a possibility, it was inevitable.

“Got the ring?” Bright looked up at his soon-to-be brother-in-law in Amy and Ephram’s kitchen.
“Don’t you have the means to make your own sandwich in your own house that you have with your own wife?”
“Hannah’s out of town and I need a road map of the grocery store and I think I’ve eaten everything on Sam’s menu at least three times.”
“When does she get back?”
Bright sighed. “Not soon enough. But I know she will be back in town to take Amy on a spa day while you plan your proposal.”
“Yeah, about that…”
“Don’t tell me you’re feeling scared?”
“No, not at all. I want to marry Amy like right now.”
Bright took a bite of his sandwich, “So what’s the problem.”

Ephram had to let out a small laugh when not evening have to think about what Bright was talking about with a mouth full of a sandwich.

“Colin’s back in town?”
“Colin Hart?”
“Yeah.”
“But what does that have to do with you proposing to Amy?”
“It took a long time for Amy to want to open up her heart again and believe that we could work.”
“Where does Colin fit into this…?”
“I don’t want Amy to doubt her feelings or doubt herself that she has moved on and we’re meant to be together.”
“Dude, I think you’re overreacting. Amy loves you and there’s no doubt that she’s going to say yes and probably do the crying thing she does when she’s really happy.”
That crying thing?
“Where she tries to hide that she’s not crying and fakes a smile to hope the tears don’t fall and in turn she ends up crying even more.”
“I think it’s cute.”
“Well, you’re in love with her…you’re supposed to think it’s cute.”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Seriously, dude, don’t worry about Colin. You’ve been in this blissful relationship for like a year, everything is going to be fine.”
“I hope so.”

~~

“Great, thank you so much. For a minute I thought I’d have to design my photo shoot with paper bags. Yes, I can be there this afternoon to pick it up.”

Amy looked up to see his smiling face down at her.

“Colin?” She got up quickly to hug him. “When did you get back in town?”
“Oh, this afternoon. I’ve just been walking around town, looking at all the changes. I never expected Everwood to change.”
“I do the same thing too. Remember how things were just a few years ago and seeing them now it’s just a complete surprise sometimes.”
“Speaking of surprises, I ran into Ephram.”
“Oh.” Was all Amy managed to say.
“I want to say I was surprised to find out you two were together, but I think I always knew.”
“Colin, when you and I were together…”
He held up his right hand, interrupting. “I know that now. At the time, I was hurt and I wanted to believe that Ephram was apart of it and I wanted someone to blame. I didn’t want to admit that you were right and things just fell apart because we grew apart. I know that now. I came back to Everwood for you, to tell you, that I still love you and I just want you to be happy. I know it probably doesn’t have any weight on you now, but I feel like the way we ended things was unfair to you and unfair to the time we spent together.”
“Colin, you probably could have said this in an email, over the phone. I appreciate you came all this way from…wherever you live now, but why are you really in Everwood?”
Colin showed Amy his business card. “Attorney at law.”
“Wow, you’ve started your own firm, this is exciting.” Amy paused. “Not to burst your bubble and make Everwood sound hokey, but we already have a lawyer…Hannah Abbott.”
“I know, she’s the one who said I should think about practicing in Everwood for a little while.”
“She did?”
“Yeah, turns out, that there’s going to be another Abbott running around Everwood in the next…nine months.”
Amy’s face lit up, Colin still loved her smile. “I knew she was hiding something with wearing that big sweatshirt and didn’t join me for our weekend run this morning.”
“Yeah, she doesn’t want anyone to know.”
“I wonder how Bright is able to keep a secret.”
“She’s telling him tonight.”
“Exciting! Everwood is certainly changing a lot now.”

Colin kept his posture and made sure not not say anything about where he saw Ephram earlier that day.

“I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but don’t you have to pick up something?”
Amy gave him a confused look. “What…oh, yeah, the phone call. I have to pick up some dresses on loan for a photo shoot I’m doing for Macy’s.”
“Wow, photography.”
“Yeah, I have a studio in town. You should stop by and see it sometimes. It’s over on Montclair.”
“Yeah, I remember the area.” Colin sighed, looking at the time on his watch. “I have to get going too. It was good seeing you and Ephram is a damn lucky guy.”
Amy had a bright smile. “Thank you.”

~

“Ah, that was so much fun!” Amy reflected on the spa day she spent with Hannah. “Thank you for this day. So unexpected and so needed.”
“You are so welcome. We should do this more often, maybe instead of our weekend runs, we can have weekend spa days.”
“Don’t be mad, but I know
“You know…what?”
“A new addition to Everwood in nine months.”
Hannah’s face turned read. “How? Bright doesn’t even know.”
“Your business partner.”
“I swear, no one can keep a secret in this town!”
“Don’t worry, secret is safe with me.” Amy drew a zipper across her lips.

Hannah glanced at the text message notification from Ephram that everything was ready.

“Well, this is where I leave you.” Hannah stated as they stood on Amy’s front porch.
“Wait, you’re leaving. I thought you’d at least stay and have dinner or watch a movie, you always stay.”
“Not tonight.” Hannah gave her friend a hug and whispered, “congratulations.”

Amy just shrugged, shaking her head to Hannah’s comment. When walking into the house she knew the weight of Hannah’s word of encouragement. The white rose pedals were spread at the foyer and trailing up the staircase.

She made up it up the staircase and found his smiling back at her. Amy knew the feeling she had inside of her was the way she was always supposed to feel and knew not to question it or doubt it.

“Ephram…what’s going on?”
He laid a passionate kiss on her lips, placing his left hand on her should and his right hand on her waste. “I love you.”
She kissed him back. “I love you, too.” Her face still wrote a story of confusion.
“I had this entire night planned with a really important question to ask you at midnight…on your birthday.” Ephram reached into the top drawer in the nightstand and took out the ring box. “But I knew I couldn’t wait.”

Amy wanted to scream out yes at the top of her lungs but knew how important this moment was for Ephram too. She stood there, fidgeting, her hands almost shaking.

“I’ve practiced this speech like a thousand times, but I’m a little nervous, so stay with me.”
“Always.” Amy whispered, feeling herself glowing when she smiled.
Ephram entwined his hands with hers. “I love you.” He sighed, continued. “I’ve loved you since the day I came to this little mountain town. There you were with your perfect hair, purple earmuffs and telling me your nickname was Grover.”
“You remembered.”
“I remember everything about us. I remember when I saw the Ferris wheel outside my apartment and you telling me you loved me. I remember coming up for fresh hair and knowing that it was always you then and it’s always you now and it will always be us, forever and always.”
Always” Amy said with a whisper.
Ephram got down on one knee, holding her left hand with his two hands. “Amy Nicole Abbott, I want you to be my forever and my always. Marry me?”
Amy was nodding and realizing she hadn’t said anything yet. “Yes! Oh my God, Yes!”

Ephram quickly stood up, sliding the ring on Amy’s ring finger.

“Ephram, the ring…”
“It’s my mom’s engagement ring. SHe’s the reason why we met in the first place.”
“I wish I could’ve met her.”
“She would’ve loved you.” Ephram couldn’t help but let his voice reflect the emotion he was feeling. My dad gave me his blessing.”
“I love it.” She looked at the ring, then up to her fiancé. “And I love you.”
“Now…to the rest of the evening….”

~*~

Another year later…

“Now we’re really going to be sisters.” Delia pinned Amy’s veil on top her head. “How are you feeling?”
“It’s going to sound silly, but I feel like a princess.”
“You look like a princess, too.”
“Is Adam coming to the wedding?”
“He’s already here. If being stuck in surgery hours after the scheduled time wasn’t enough, he gets to come to a country wedding and help seat people.”
“Well, he’s family so he gets recruited.”
“I think he figured that out when recruited him to help dry dishes as she washed when the dishwasher was broken.”
“I thought that was just to get to know Adam.”
“Well, it worked both ways for Nina. To this day, Adam knows there is no fighting being volunteered at family events, it’s better to just give in.”

They both looked in the mirror, Amy didn’t recognize herself.

“Two years ago I never thought I’d be able to be back in this place again, getting married.”
“You’re marrying my brother this time and it’s the right decision. You look more like a bride.”
“I feel more like a bride.”

Deliah saw Hannah’s signal through the tent cracked entrance door to the quarters.

“Well, Amy Abbott, it’s time to transition you from a bride to a wife.”

The moment, it hit her. The word wife that she was so afraid to identify with felt complete, she felt whole. She still felt the most complete when thinking about becoming Mrs. Ephram, Andrew Brown. She was excited for the next chapter of her life. She was excited to see Ephram’s face when he sees her in the wedding gown that gave her the full bridal moment that she had never really experienced before.

Amy made her way down the aisle towards Ephram and the pastor. She made her way up to the steps and everything floated away when her hands and eyes met Ephram’s eyes.

The pastor began…

We are gathered here in the front of the eyes of God to witness the union of Amy Nicole Abbott and Ephram Andrew Brown. If there is anyone that wishes these two to not be wed, please speak now, or forever hold your peace.”

Colin was standing at the back the church, unbeknownst to anyone. As soon as he heard those words, he gave Amy one last look and quickly exited the church to not be seen by anyone, especially Ephram or Amy. She is happy, Colin thought and he was okay with that.

The Pastor began again…

"Amy and Ephram have written their own vows to each other that they will now recite. Amy…”

Amy began by placing the wedding band on Ephram’s ring finger.. “Ladies first I guess.” She smiled, hearing some laughter from the crowd, putting her at ease. “You came into my life exactly the time I needed you to. I was letting go of the idea that being in love you showed me that I could be loved. I know that with you standing next to me, I can do anything, I want to send the rest of my life making you feel as wonderful and special as you make me feel just by being here…standing next to me. I feel like my heart will explode with how much I love you and love our life together so far and the life we are going to build for years to come. I love you.”

Ephram cleared his throat, before speaking. “Wow, okay…” He fixed his eyes on Amy and immediately he felt the calm he had been looking for. He carefully placed the ring on Amy’s ring finger and slid it into place on her hand. “I moved to this little mountain town when I thought I lost the only person in the world who I thought really understood me. I’m glad I was wrong.” He smiled. “Not only did I find someone I could talk to about anything, I found someone I was going to love with my entire heart and give my entire self to. Everything that I dreamt about what perfect woman would have, you are more than anything I could have ever imagined. I can’t wait to spend he rest our lives with you as your husband and you as my wife. I love everything about you and about us and the life we are going to share together.”

The pastor stepped towards Amy and Ephram in the same spot he was before they recited their vows.

“With the power invested in my by the sate of Colorado, I now present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Ephram Andrew Brown..” He looked at Ephram. “You may now kiss your bride.”

Ephram bought Amy into a kiss with passion as her husband that was kissing the woman of his dreams for the very first time

[THE END]
Awe, I love it! This made me smile from ear to ear. You are so talented, Patricia. I love reading your work! I am going to show this to one of my friends who is a huge Everwood fan but doesn't frequent/post on the board. She will love it! Whenever you get around to creating more, I am so game!
Old 12-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

PS: Should we add this outstanding piece to the OP (link)?
Old 12-28-2019, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
PS: Should we add this outstanding piece to the OP (link)?

Entirely up to you I'd love for it to be up there to show people who visit the board that there are new stories available to read
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-29-2019, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Entirely up to you I'd love for it to be up there to show people who visit the board that there are new stories available to read
Perfect!

Do you want to supply a link (how you want the wording) and then I’ll put it in the OP?
Reply   Post New Thread