Quote:
And it is pretty wink-worthy, hee.
Most definitely

28 seconds left!
I made my icon.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Big Bang Theory

The last two episodes of the season dropped off funny-wise, and writing-wise. The premise of the finale was good and there were funny moments, but the overall episode left me a bit disappointed.

HIMYM

Nice episode. Loved watching Barney's attempts to get out of tickets, and his version of the female cop was just so Barney. The pregnancy hiding stuff is getting blatantly obvious.

Castle

Decent finale, but after the cliffhanger at the end I definitely hope there is another season of this one.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Loyal Fan

HIMYM--Yeah, it was a nice episode. There were a lot of smaller moments that made it worthwhile, like Lily coming back! Ted has Let's Go To The Mall as his ringtone, and the final Ted/Stella scene. Poor romantic Ted. That scene was really great. Kudos to the writers and actors in that one.

But, NPH completely overdid it tonight. His over-the-top performances have been more noticeable this season to the point where it takes away from the other cast and just the scene in general. I know Barney is supposed to be out there, but this is too much.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Interesting. I thought Barney's stuff was more enjoyable than all the Ted stuff, outside of the murder house. Maybe I just like over the top humor.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

ONE TREE HILL

I think I have seen one or two scenes of this show in it's entire run, but if there are any of you here that watch, there has been some surprising news - Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton will not be back next season. One insider says that the season finale would be a fitting "series finale". Maybe it should of been?.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

There have been rumors of them not coming back for a while now, which is why I've been afraid they're going to kill Peyton off.

Last edited by The Crow; 05-13-2009 at 10:06 AM
Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alan, your avatars are like watching a horror movie!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Hehe. Actually, my current one is Adam Samberg from the video 'Like a Boss.'
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

Lost

I'm up at almost 2am as I missed Lost live and watched it *coughed*. And it was awesome. The finales for this show always deliver. Always.

I think about Jacob being planted in major scenes in our character's lives, choosing them. I like that. I think about the possibility of Rose/Bernard being the Adam/Eve skeletons found in the first season. Or Locke not being Locke (seriously, that blew my frickin' mind all over the place, hee). Sayid possibly being dead, Juliet too, or everyone on the whole show being dead. I mean, that was a lot of insanity.

But then the show went to white after a nuclear blast and we have no idea where this show is going in its final season, and that's just damned exciting. ANYTHING can happen. They could all touch down on LAX and live their lives and find each other and while it's not my vote, it could work. Jacob, in his final act, could have moved them all back into the present Island. They could be floating in outer space for all we know, hee. And I love that. Lost is uncertainty and unpredictability. And the final season is going to open with who knows what.

Great finale. I can't believe we're going to have to wait until 2010 to see what happens next.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

REAPER

Reaper has all been cancelled by the CW, but now comes word there may be hope. Reaper is produced by ABC Studios and that studio has been in talks with the affiliates to continue Reaper as a syndicated series for Sunday nights. Network affiliates love the show and know that Reaper has a rabid fan base. They are also looking into cable for the show. Unfortunatley, there may be some big problems. The creators/producers have left, and co-star Tyler Labine(Sock) has signed for another show, "Sons Of Tuscon", although it has been said that Reaper is still first priority should it be picked up. However, some are now saying there may be contractual problems with that. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed!.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Lost

Overall, I was disappointed with the episode, and not just because of the Juliet thing. I'm gonna go and watch it again before I post any in depth thoughts though.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Lost

Overall, I was disappointed with the episode, and not just because of the Juliet thing. I'm gonna go and watch it again before I post any in depth thoughts though.
Aw. Sorry that you didn't enjoy it. I definitely think it was a more polarizing finale than they usually are. Usually everyone loves a Lost finale, but I have seen more mixed reviews than usual on this one. Especially on some of the motivations to use the hydrogen bomb. Juliet's motivation in particular was ridiculous. Going back and forth; sure, Sawyer pointed out her flip-flopping, but that doesn't change the fact that she did.

And I was bothered by some of the more soapy elements of the finale. Jack's motivation being all about Kate. It's sweet that it's a love story, but that relationship and that triangle still has yet to go anywhere and that doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon in the final season. It's getting a little frustrating at this point. I loved Sawyer's line about if Jack wants Kate she's standing right there. He doesn't need to change the past to get her, go get her now. It was a solid point. Jack's "it's too late" was such a cop out.

Other than those complaints, I really enjoyed the suspense, the action, the flashbacks and especially the twists. Locke being in the box was seriously one of the coolest twists I've seen in a while. He was the man in the box for two seasons in a row, hee. It's interesting that the whole Jacob/Enemy thing was only introduced at the tail-end of the second to last season, but I still bought into it to such an extent. It makes absolutely no sense yet, but I found myself being engrossed into it anyway. Plus, I loved the statue. Can't get enough of the statue.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to be a faithful watcher of Greys Anatomy...but haven't been this year. I probably won't watch the finaly this evening....but from what I have been hearing....it's going to be very intense. One quote that I heard is that tonight's episode will change your life!

If anyone does watch....I'd love to hear what the hoopla is all about.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I used to be a faithful watcher of Greys Anatomy...but haven't been this year. I probably won't watch the finaly this evening....but from what I have been hearing....it's going to be very intense. One quote that I heard is that tonight's episode will change your life!

If anyone does watch....I'd love to hear what the hoopla is all about.
I do believe Debra Mooney (Edna) is going to be on tonight, so there's a little Everwood question to your thoughts.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Elite Fan

Lost

After watching it again, I have to say it's the Kate thing that's bugging me. The writers seem to have a love affair with Kate Austin that I got over a while ago. Jack wants to detonate a hydrogen bomb and potentially reset everything. Why? Because he had Kate and lost her. Juliet flips from saving everyone to wanting to help Jack. Why? Because Sawyer looked at Kate. WTF? I'm surprised that Hurley didn't come running up and declare some secret love for Kate.

It's the Juliet thing that bothers me most though. This is a woman who has consistently been one of the strongest characters on the show. When she realized that Jack was using her to try and get over Kate she just calmly pointed it out to Kate and then went about her business, but Sawyer looks at Kate, and suddenly Juliet's reduced to a crying mess that wants to reset everything so she'll never have to meet/lose Sawyer. Gag me. I'd expect that sort of thing out of almost anyone else on the show, but never Juliet. That's why she's been one of my favorite characters: she doesn't act like a whiney d-bag on a soap opera.

Then, to add insult to injury, I had to watch the chains of magic wrap themselves around her and pull her to her ostensible death soon after this. Sure she wasn't actually dead, and she's the reason that the bomb goes off, but it was still a crappy way to treat such a great character.

I have to say that I called the Locke thing at the first of the episode. When the unnamed adversary said he was going to find a loophole, I turned to my sister and said "Locke's not Locke. He's this guy." And I was right. Unfortunately.

The rest of the episode was okay. I liked how they intertwined Jacob into the lives of several of the main characters, but I thought it was interesting that Hurley and Sayid were the only two he visited after they had left the island. I have to wonder if that means anything. I also wonder what, if any, significance there is to the fact that made a point to touch all of them. Also, given the sometimes biblical overtones of the show, I have to wonder if Jacob's betrayal will in any way mimic Jesus' betrayal, which ultimately led to his resurrection.

Bones

I was kinda enjoying the alternate world that Bones was building. It was interesting to see the different roles that our familiar characters had been cast in, and it was also neat to see how their personalities were mostly the same, with subtle differences that come from a different career path. Plus, I liked the little meta-commentaries that they slipped in with Sweets' Gormogon stuff and some of the stuff with Zack.

Then they had to ruin it with the ending. Booth saying "Who are you?" just made me want to throw something at the screen. I hope they nip this amnesia storyline in the bud quickly next season.

Smallville

I wonder what the writers were smoking when they came up with that crap. Davis spent the entire year being tortured by the things that 'the beast inside' made him do, and the first thing he does after being separated from it is murder Jimmy Olsen? WTF? And Chloe spent several episodes fighting her feelings for Davis before finally giving in, not even leaving him when she discovered he was a Kryptonian murderer, but the second he's freed from that she is declaring her love for Jimmy because he bought her a house that he clearly shouldn't have been able to afford on a newspaper photographer's salary? Lame. I'm so over this show. I don't think I'll be back next season.

Supernatural

This entire year I've been hoping that Kripke has been channeling Joss Whedon and setting the Ruby/Sam storyline up as one of a demon looking for redemption by helping the side of good. Even in the face of mounting evidence that the storyline was going the cliche way, I held out an inkling of hope that it wouldn't go that way...but I should have known. This entire season's storyline has gone just as I thought it would, but hoped it wouldn't. The angels are here, but most of them are just as bad as the demons. Wow. How original. I haven't seen that done ever before...except in The Prophecy. Among others. There were parts of this season that I loved, but this finale wasn't one of them. The only good part of it was Castiel coming back over to the side of good, and Sam and Dean sorta making up at the end of the episode. Of course, I fully expect Lucifer to come back and possess Sam, because things on the show have seemed to be building to a brother vs brother thing for a while now.