Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Maybe it would of been better if something rather horrific had happened to Rona?
Add Kennedy to that and it woulda been near perfect!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Valkyrie

It's not a great flick by any means. It is very well executed and acted, and it's a good thriller, and it does what it's meant to do, which is be a good thriller, and nothing more. Of course, I quite like Tom Cruise as an actor, even just from Collateral alone. The guy can act when he wants to. I also didn't get any of the criticism he's been getting because he doesn't speak German or try an accent or he's too recognizable. Out of any of the main actors, he's the only one that does speak German at any length, nobody else tries an accent, and almost everyone would be instantly recognizable to anyone in Britain and should be pretty recognizable to most in North American (Bill Nighy, Kenneth Branagh, Tom Wilkinson all making a great supporting cast). It's not an amazing movie, but that has nothing to do with Tom Cruise. I can't believe I'm defending that creepy Scientologist, hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can't believe I'm defending that creepy Scientologist, hee.
Well, he's a pretty likable, talented Scientologist!

One review that I heard of the movie was that Tom's celebrity stood out too much in the movie and took away from it.....whatever that means!

ETA: I was flipping channels yesterday and watched a show that I had never seen or heard of before.....Burn Notice. It was quite good. Has anyone seen it?
Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

I had seen most of season 1 for Burn Notice.
I made my icon.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
I had seen most of season 1 for Burn Notice.
The main character is very likable.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Burn Notice is awesome. I watched the entire first season, but I never got to catch much of the second season.

All of the crazy Scientology stuff has made it impossible for me to take Tom Cruise seriously at the moment. Maybe if footage of him acting insane and saying outlandish things stops surfacing I can go back to enjoying his movies.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

ELI STONE

Well, if nothing else Berlanti continues to provide employment to his former cast members. Last night, in addition to Melinda Clarke (Mrs. Reverend Keyes), we got to see our beloved Nina (Stephanie Niznik). If Greg Smith's appearance in the final episode turns out to be more than a rumor he will have used at least six Everwooders in his current shows. And that's just the number which immediately comes to my suspect mind.

My enthusiasm for this show waned considerably when they backed away from an Eli/Maggie pairing. In fact Maggie didn't even appear last night. Plus, to my mind Eli has become less likeable lately.

Oh well, all of this becomes moot shortly.

With Eli and Dirty Sexy Money biting the dust and B & S battling mediocrity, hopefully Berlanti can rebound. Otherwise, he won't be the networks' fair-haired boy much longer.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Oops, this is way over the 300 post limit.

New Thread!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Closed Thread   Post New Thread