Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2021, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OT2 #175: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (Comics, TV Shows, Movies, Music)

Welcome to OT2 Thread #175!

This is the second OT Thread. This thread is about discussing shows, movies, comics, and music. Bring over your thoughts!

This Thread is dedicated to the late, great Alan/The Crow.

Shows Current Everwood Members Watch:

Michelle (Auror):
The Flash, Riverdale, Outer Banks, Stranger Things

Betty:
Blue Bloods, The Blacklist, Grace & Frankie, Chesapeake Shores, Graham Norton Show, This Is Us, The Resident, The Marvelous Mrs.
Maisel, 911 Lone Star

Alan (The Crow):
Lucifer, Supergirl, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Flash, Arrow, The 100, Superstore, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, The Good Witch, Chesapeake Shores, Wynonna Earp, Riverdale, The Haunting of Hill House

Shu/ds44:
The Flash, Nancy Drew, Riverdale, Girlfriends, All-American, Charmed, and Batwoman

Sam/stlavin95:
Doctor Who, Shameless, the Walking Dead, the Deuce, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Mayans MC, The Flash, The Gifted, This is Us, American Horror Story, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Mr Mercedes, Supernatural, the Good Place, Titans,
Ray Donovan, iZombie, Daredevil, Black Lightning, Agents of Shield, Iron Fist, the 100, Runways, Cloak & Dagger,
Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Lucifer, Brooklyn 99

Alexa:
The Resident, Big Sky, Riverdale, Legacies, Dickinson, Skam, Better Call Saul, Gilmore Girls, Glee, Supernatural, That 70's Show, Everwood

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 12-05-2021 at 02:11 PM
Old 12-05-2021, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I need to watch the first three episodes of The Flash S8. I don't like these crossovers at all so having to see characters from other shows I don't watch (which means I have no idea about backstories of these characters even if I might superficially know a few things about a couple of them) sucks but it is what it is.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash: S08.E01: Armageddon, Part 1

Quote:
Overall a promising start for this crossover arc.

The Bad / Meh: The exposition dumps in the beginning were super-cringe. And the long-ish Barry/Caitlin scene was kinda weird since we almost never see them hang out outside of STAR Labs. So Caitlin and Frost's arcs this season will be ... dating? (LOL at them erasing Julian from Caitlin's dating history!) It's really clear that Caitlin and Cecile were only here to justify the actresses paychecks since they didn't have anything to do. It was especially odd that Cecile would just be in scenes with no explanation (Why is she hanging out at STAR Labs??). I know she has powers but it's still dumb to me how much the writers push her as a part of Team Flash when she supposed to have a whole career and family. I'd rather see Joe than Kramer; where was he? Allegra getting that promotion was dumb.

The Good: So nice to get some domestic and comedic WestAllen scenes! Also nice to Ray Palmer again. The subplot with Chester was okay but Chester was overreacting (well, it wouldn't be CW if he didn't...). I thought the Royal Flush Gang was just the right amount of cheesy fun for a one-episode villain. Okay, I was impressed by the visuals for Despero (within the CW budget). The callbacks in the background to the various tech companies that have been on the show before at the tech conference was cool. It was good to see the expansion of CC Citizen -- would have been better if this had been spread out throughout the previous seasons.

At this point, I'm pretty sure Barry isn't actually the villain Despero thinks he is; but I'm sure the next episodes will add shades of gray.
Quote:
Did enough people level up? They mentioned it so few times, its been left very unclear. I am really hoping that the show itself has leveled up after the absolute cluster**** that was last season, this episode was a bit of a mixed bag. It had a lot that I liked and a lot that was really annoying, which is certainly better then last season when it was mostly all annoying.

Ray, I missed you so much! Legends just isn't the same without our sweet ray of sunshine, it was great getting to see him again. I like that they focused more on him being a scientist and on some of his long established self esteem issues, both of which were pretty much shoved into the background as the show got more wacky. I am glad that at least he gets to see Nate still and it sounds like he and Nora are still going strong, but its sad that he still seems to miss the Legends and seems rather out of sorts, although he seemed to get his groove back again by the end. I think the writers mostly handled him pretty well, sometimes the Flash can be a bit weird about writing characters from other shows, except for the beginning. Ray is eternally sweet and cheerful, but he can usually read a room. I also get why Iris was frustrated (those babies wont make themselves!) with him showing up, but I don't know why the writers always want to write Iris as perpetually annoyed by guest stars, even when its out of character. At least its not a fundamental force of the universe that looks like your dead mother in law in the guest room this time Iris...

*Chester miserly flops into the room sighing."

Cecile: "I am sensing you’re sad."

Thanks for that, Counselor Troi, no one could have been able to tell that without you! I can totally see Chester being a big fan of Ray (as everyone should be) but I thought it was insufferable for most of the episode. He sprung all of those tech kids on Ray without even asking him if he was interested in starting a new start up, which is a really big ask especially for someone he doesn't even really know, and then acted all pissy like Ray had just strangled his cat just because he didn't want to change his whole life plan on the whims of some guy he just met. He even ditched his volunteer job to sulk around even after Ray was nothing but polite to him about not being interested in a tech start up, which is a perfectly legit thing for him to want. Lets not forget, Ray was a bit of a dick when he was running his tech company so I can imagine he's worried about losing himself in tech and his business after he has grown so much. Then of course Chester is right all along and Ray just goes along with it, and while I am glad that he has found purpose again, I wish it didn't feel like they were trying to act like Chester wasn't acting like an immature jackass. Naming the foundation after Chesters dad was a sweet gesture, Ray's just the best guy.

Also, what was that about Cecile looking stricken about saying "death"? Did Joe die offscreen or something? We also don't have to put up with Frost for awhile because she's mouning her lame "romance" with Chillblaine, and I think the most I have liked Caitlin in ages was when she made fun of his stupid name.

Fun seeing the Royal Flush gang again and that they have continued to really commit to their playing card bit. Although with that makeup, it makes it look like Barry is fighting the Insane Clown Posse. Quick, get some magnets, they'll be completely confused!

Of course when everything seems to be going super well, Barry has to fight an alien from the future where he is supposedly evil. Even with timey-wimey stuff, I would think that Barry's kids from the future or their time traveler buddy who just stopped by could have told Barry that he was going to be a supervillain in ten years. Seems sketchy, Despero. Plus, didn't we already do this whole "future Barry becomes evil" story with Savitar? And if Barry was going to become a villain, I would think he would have done it already considering the ridiculous amount of traumas he has dealt with.

Glad to see the Citizen and Iris thriving and that the Arrowverse tradition of people promoting underqualified people to important positions because they're main characters is alive and well. At least its not as ridiculous as Ryan being made CEO of Wayne Enterprises over in Gotham.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Michelle!!
Old 12-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

BTW....the new West Side Story that is coming out now was filmed in my hometown: Paterson, NJ.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks, Michelle!!
Welcome!
Old 12-05-2021, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
BTW....the new West Side Story that is coming out now was filmed in my hometown: Paterson, NJ.
Was it really? That’s awesome!
Old 12-05-2021, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Old 12-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome!
Old 12-07-2021, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-07-2021, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks!
Old 12-07-2021, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Have to watch 8.2 and 8.3 The Flash today so I can try and watch 8.4 tonight! Not sure if it’ll happen but we’ll see. LOL.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Did it? Lol
Old 12-08-2021, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Did it? Lol
No way.

Now, 3 Flash and 1 Riverdale to watch.

Are you caught up with both?
Old 12-09-2021, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediseermic (View Post)
No way.

Now, 3 Flash and 1 Riverdale to watch.

Are you caught up with both?
Still need to watch the latest episodes of the Flash and Riverdale
Closed Thread   Post New Thread