Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2021, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Personally, I wouldn't put Laynie on any list of worst characters. I loved her character.
Me too! I put her at the top of the list just because I like her. LOL. But yes, outside of some stuff she did in S2 concerning Amy during depression, she was great (especially S1) and Nora did amazing things with the character. I also think Laynie was terribly abused by her parents, before and after Colin passed. They neglected her, it was like she didn't exist and Colin was always their brightest star, the golden child.

Quote:
I would say the four worst characters were, in order, Madison, Amanda, Tommy, and Colin.
My order, too.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I do think that Laynie wasn't originally thought of when the show started, but they introduced her when Colin came out of his coma and back to Everwood as Colin's sister and Amy's best friend who was interested in Ephram. Her and Ephram dated a few times, but his love for Amy killed any chance that he had with her, and once Colin died, they used her in a few episodes and then they wrote her off, which a lot of us thought was a really poor decision.
Yeah, I recall now. I just forgot the specifics. I guess Boarding school was where she was early on.
slicknickshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
Yeah, I recall now. I just forgot the specifics. I guess Boarding school was where she was early on.
Exactly. That's how they explained it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
I can look past up if what they are saying is based on a myth, a lot of people assume the age of consent is 18 everywhere because that's what a lot of TV shows claim. But in reality in many states the age of consent is 16-17, the reason people assume it's 18 everywhere is because a lot of TV shows are filmed in L.A. and in Cali, 18 is the age of consent. So that's where the false assumptions come from, so I figure Berlanti just assumed their relationship was illegal and didn't bother to look up if it actually was because that's the impression many people got from Hollywood.

This extends to other countries as well, some have an even lower age of consent then 16 which comes as a shock to a lot of people in the U.S. For example in several European countries like Italy, Germany, Portugal, Poland, France, Argentina, Denmark, Greece, Iceland and Hungary the age of consent is 14-15.
That makes sense.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly. That's how they explained it.
Yes, both times. S1 she was there and we find out in early S3 she is back there as well.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, thank you very much for starting this thread. We cannot have enough anti-Madison threads.

Considering where we are during our current rewatch... it seems appropriate to revive this thread.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-17-2022 at 11:10 AM
Old 04-17-2022, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Jerry, thank you very much for starting this thread. We cannot have enough anti-Madison threads.

Considering where we are during our current rewatch... it seems appropriate to revive this thread.
Definitely!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy

Last edited by jediwands; 04-17-2022 at 11:11 AM
Old 04-17-2022, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely!

I simply cannot find one good Madison quality. Not one.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

I simply cannot find one good Madison quality. Not one.
I think the only people who liked Madison were people who thought that Sarah Lancaster was "hot".

Old 04-17-2022, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think the only people who liked Madison were people who thought that Sarah Lancaster was "hot".
Indeed. Or another group loved the idea of an older woman with a boy... that sort of fantasy thing appealed to some of the male fans too...
Old 04-22-2022, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Go away.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this thread is still going

she's a more hated character than...than...than...

someone help me out here
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
this thread is still going

she's a more hated character than...than...than...

someone help me out here
Exactly... there is no one else, she wins top prize.
Old 06-01-2022, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, let me pose a question....

What if Episode 20...yes, that Episode 20 landed in Season 3 and Madison was the one who got the hush,hush abortion? Would it make you see Madison differently? Also, given that it was Ephram's son and Andy's grandson, would you feel that abortion was justified?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
So, let me pose a question....

What if Episode 20...yes, that Episode 20 landed in Season 3 and Madison was the one who got the hush,hush abortion? Would it make you see Madison differently? Also, given that it was Ephram's son and Andy's grandson, would you feel that abortion was justified?
That’s a really good question.

Are you saying if Madison is Kate and how it played out exactly? Just insert Madison as Kate?

For me, the adult/minor scenario is always going to be problematic. Interesting, Kate and Matt were adult/minor as well.

If Madison had an abortion without telling Ephram I would have seen it as justified because it’s her body, her decision. That’s just me.
Reply   Post New Thread