Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks!

What do you guys think would’ve happened if Colin would have lived? When do you think Ephram and Amy would have actually gotten together and how would they have gotten together?
Old 12-30-2020, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Thanks!

What do you guys think would’ve happened if Colin would have lived? When do you think Ephram and Amy would have actually gotten together and how would they have gotten together?
I think that Amy would have broken up with Colin if he had lived, probably in early Season Two. We saw her walk away from him at that dance even when he gave her an ultimatum and she refused to apologize to him the next day when he demanded an apology from her, and if he didn't get sick and die and if he had continued to be a jerk to her, she would have dumped him. She acknowledged in that flashback scene that she was in love with the concept of Colin and not Colin himself, so I think that she would have gotten tired of his controlling ways and his arrogant personality and she would have given him the boot, and I think that she would have started dating Ephram not long after that.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-30-2020, 03:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I think that Amy would have broken up with Colin if he had lived, probably in early Season Two. We saw her walk away from him at that dance even when he gave her an ultimatum and she refused to apologize to him the next day when he demanded an apology from her, and if he didn't get sick and die and if he had continued to be a jerk to her, she would have dumped him. She acknowledged in that flashback scene that she was in love with the concept of Colin and not Colin himself, so I think that she would have gotten tired of his controlling ways and his arrogant personality and she would have given him the boot, and I think that she would have started dating Ephram not long after that.
This 100%. They would've broken up sometime in season 2. She was strong and wouldn't put up with his behavior. It'd be interesting to imagine a season 2 where Amy's growth happens alongside Ephram. Would season 3 be the same as it was? (OK minus Madisongate Black Cloud of Doom) Would Madison be on the show in season 2 or would Amy and Ephram babysit Delia? (and by babysit I mean Amy and Delia would hang out and we'd finally get good scenes with them )
Old 12-30-2020, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianx01 (View Post)
This 100%. They would've broken up sometime in season 2. She was strong and wouldn't put up with his behavior. It'd be interesting to imagine a season 2 where Amy's growth happens alongside Ephram. Would season 3 be the same as it was? (OK minus Madisongate Black Cloud of Doom) Would Madison be on the show in season 2 or would Amy and Ephram babysit Delia? (and by babysit I mean Amy and Delia would hang out and we'd finally get good scenes with them )
I would have loved it if Madison was never on the show and Ephram and Amy were together and Amy and Delia could hang out while Ephram practiced the piano, and maybe Ephram and Amy could study together too.

If Colin was still around I tend to doubt that Bright and Ephram would have become friends, but that would have been okay I feel.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-30-2020, 10:06 PM
Administrator

I remember at the end of Season One, it was left up in the air if Colin had lived or died, but a lot of us figured that he must have died because otherwise they would just be repeating Season One.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh yes, it seemed obvious Colin was passing away. I think Home in general made it very obvious too.

What do you think would have happened between Ephram, Bright and Colin? Would Bright and Ephram still become friends? What about Ephram and Colin?
Old 12-31-2020, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh yes, it seemed obvious Colin was passing away. I think Home in general made it very obvious too.

What do you think would have happened between Ephram, Bright and Colin? Would Bright and Ephram still become friends? What about Ephram and Colin?
I think that Bright and Ephram would still have become friends, because they were heading that way, but I'd doubt that Ephram and Colin would have become friends as Colin saw Ephram and competition for Amy's heart.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think that Bright and Ephram would still have become friends, because they were heading that way, but I'd doubt that Ephram and Colin would have become friends as Colin saw Ephram and competition for Amy's heart.
I think so too. The only way I could see Colin being OK with Ephram is if he regained his memory completely and understood that he was breaking up with Amy before the accident took place. If he remembered where they were at before the accident then he probably wouldn’t even have a problem with Ephram and Ephram/Amy. So it would depend on if he remembered the entire history or not.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 01-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I think so too. The only way I could see Colin being OK with Ephram is if he regained his memory completely and understood that he was breaking up with Amy before the accident took place. If he remembered where they were at before the accident then he probably wouldn’t even have a problem with Ephram and Ephram/Amy. So it would depend on if he remembered the entire history or not.
Yes, that's very true. We never really got to see the true Colin, but it seemed to me that the more he regained his memory the cockier and more arrogant he became.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, that's very true. We never really got to see the true Colin, but it seemed to me that the more he regained his memory the cockier and more arrogant he became.
Yes, I think at the heart of Colin was a bit cocky and arrogant. But then I have to wonder what it was that Amy liked so much about him. What I mean is if the real Colin was this arrogant and somewhat mean person I can’t imagine Amy liking him even if the entire town had them married before they even finished high school. There had to be some good traits or else Amy never would have liked him.

We just never knew the real Colin. We knew the Colin in the flashback who was going to break up with Amy. We knew the Colin post-coma and brain injury who also had moods and personality affected by his very serious condition.

I don’t think we ever got to know the real Colin because it wasn’t his role. His role was to bring the Brown’s and Abbott’s together.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This thread should never be on page 3.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ephram: [to Amy] I haven't made anything for myself here... except you.
- Deer God

Last edited by jediwands; 02-07-2021 at 08:08 AM
Old 02-16-2021, 04:26 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm just going to comment on the questions above because I happen to have some time and feel like exercising my mind for once.

First of all, I have to say that I agree with everyone else here that Colin's death at the end of season one was inevitable. Not only would it have been repetitive for him to survive, it would also have been incredibly poor judgment from a literary standpoint. The entirety of the story was constructed around the loss of this too-good-to-be-true golden boy and it would have ruined the artistic beauty of the show in an instant. Colin was always supposed to die, simple as that. And it would have been horrendous storytelling to try and undo such an essential element of a story when it's already been halfway told.

So, I find it hard to imagine a scenario where Colin would have lived without it ruining the entire show. But skipping past that issue, and just imagining this as a real-life scenario where literary standards are not relevant... I would think Amy and Colin couldn't have lasted much longer even if he had survived.

Now, I am not a neurosurgeon, so I can't be sure what the outcome of his surgery would have been had it been perfectly successful, but my degree was (to my dismay) pretty heavy on the neuroscience, so I feel confident enough to take an educated guess here.

I've just had a quick rewatch of Andy and Donald's walk-through of the surgery, which tells me that the aim was to remove a blood clot in Colin's basilar artery. Now, from what I have learned, the basilar artery is "only" responsible for the blood supply to cerebellum and brainstem. These areas are responsible for basic vital functions and motor coordination/balance, so fainting would make sense... seizures and vomiting maybe not as much, I'm not entirely sure, but we can let that slide.

What disruptions in these areas would not have caused, however, is personality changes and violent behaviour. That screams prefrontal cortex, which is nowhere near there and has a pretty much completely separate blood supply. So maybe his behavioural issues were neurological, maybe they were psychological. Regardless, the surgery wouldn't have done anything about them.

So, adding the stress of recovering from another critical surgery to Colin's already escalating emotional state, it would have been only a matter of time before he lashed out at Amy the way he had at Ephram and Bright before. And, for the life of me, if he'd hit her, I cannot imagine Amy would have stood for that, no matter how infatuated she might have been. So, that would have been the end of them.

It would have been the end of him and Bright, too. Final nail in the coffin, so to speak. That's actually kind of sad. I'm even more relieved he died now! This way he left with a halo instead of being this semi-villainous character who was tragically not even at fault himself.

So, yes, at that point both Bright and Amy's relationships with Ephram would have blossomed organically. No more struggles for any of them, no major depression, no failing classes, no Madison, or Tommy... they would have simply continued into a perfectly normal and uneventful lifestyle. That would definitely have been the death of the show....
Old 02-16-2021, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Wow, Leo, brilliant analysis! I completely agree that Colin had to die, because if he hadn't, everything would have been redundant and we would have spent another season watching him recover and having Amy cling on to him for dear life.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread