Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2019, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
And the scene you were wondering about - what Ephram is saying there is about Reid's suicide and feeling guilty for asking him to stay away from Amy.
Ah, that's right! Thank you!
Old 10-14-2019, 10:27 PM
Addicted Fan

You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Leo, what are you studying that is taking so long?
Working towards becoming a clinical psychologist - and I haven't gotten very far yet. It's not the studying that's taking so long, though - it's that I keep losing one year of my life after another to a multitude of frustratingly debilitating health problems. But it's what I want to be and if it's going to take me turning 40 to get there, then so be it. And it's on hold for now so I can catch up on doing all the other things that define a life.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You're welcome.

Working towards becoming a clinical psychologist - and I haven't gotten very far yet. It's not the studying that's taking so long, though - it's that I keep losing one year of my life after another to a multitude of frustratingly debilitating health problems. But it's what I want to be and if it's going to take me turning 40 to get there, then so be it. And it's on hold for now so I can catch up on doing all the other things that define a life.
Sounds like you and Michelle will be members of the same field!
Old 10-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You're welcome.

So sorry about your health issues.

I am a Clinical Psychologist, working in research (at a University) and at times, teaching.

It's a wonderful field. I am sure you'll do great!

Last edited by jediwands; 10-15-2019 at 04:05 PM
Old 10-18-2019, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 10-20-2019, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Best magical ending, EVER:

Old 10-24-2019, 04:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah... I can neve get enough of that ending.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I can't either... it's just so... beautiful and fitting.

Irv described Ephram and Amy as a handsome prince and a beautiful princess... we were given foreshadowing way back in the day that Ephram/Amy would receive a true Fairy Tale ending.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:19 AM
Addicted Fan

There was never really any question that they were supposed to get the happily ever after... it was beautiful to watch.

I'm glad there has been proper warning before the show was cancelled; to think we might have been stuck with the alternate ending for all of eternity... that would have been devastating.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Never any doubt at all... I think it was deliberate on Berlanti's end because he lived the lunacy known as Dawson's Creek and how messed up that series turned out. I believe he wanted to do it the proper way with Everwood and he certainly accomplished his goal.

How refreshing it was watching Everwood not having to worry about your ships. The story was so strong, you knew where it was going. You didn't have to be concerned. It was all about just enjoying the series and expecting greatness (or as close to greatness as you're going to get).

Alternative ending would have been awful!
Old 10-29-2019, 10:49 AM
Addicted Fan

I am not very familiar with Dawson's Creek, because I was definitely too young for it. I flipped through it a couple of times... and definitely didn't get it. So, it was pretty messy? I was always thinking maybe I should check it out because it seems to have been a key item in television history, but this doesn't sound encouraging...

Certainly loved how Berlanti ended up handling the ships... he had well-warranted confidence in the story, there was no need to play around to keep the viewer interested...
Old 10-29-2019, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Dawson's Creek is many steps below Everwood in quality. You cannot even compare the two. Night and day. However, Berlanti was heavily involved in Dawson's Creek. He was a writer and producer. It is not a coincidence some of the best written/strongest Dawson's Creek episodes were written by Greg Berlanti. He received Everwood very late in the Dawson's Creek run. We can probably thank Dawson's Creek (and his friend, Kevin Williamson) for Everwood. That is about the best thing I will say about Dawson's Creek. That and the Dawson/Joey dynamic was demolished on Dawson's Creek. Berlanti was on record saying the pairing should have ended up together. I truly believe Berlanti created Ephram/Amy while thinking about Dawson's Creek's terrible triangle and Dawson/Joey being destroyed. There was no way Berlanti was going to allow his Ephram/Amy (and Everwood in general) to ultimately be about a stupid triangle and everything else was secondary (with the main pairing destroyed and not ending up together).

So I believe Berlanti took all of Dawson's Creek mistakes, remembered them, and made sure he did just the opposite on his Everwood. Lucky us.

Oh and no, I would not recommend Dawson's Creek. Waste of time and energy and you don't need that.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Okay, then I shall be thankful for all that Berlanti learned on that show... and happily cross it off my list. Thanks for your input.

Going back to talking Ephram/Amy... if you could only pick a single Ephramy scene that you could watch for the rest of your life, and no other, which one would you choose?
Old 10-31-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, then I shall be thankful for all that Berlanti learned on that show... and happily cross it off my list. Thanks for your input.

Going back to talking Ephram/Amy... if you could only pick a single Ephramy scene that you could watch for the rest of your life, and no other, which one would you choose?
That is a great question, Leo!! And a tough one! How can we pick just one?

Maybe we should eliminate the final scene of the series, because it's pretty tough not ot want to watch that scene over and over again! I have to say that I love the cabin scene very very much...so beautifully done. I could definitely watch that for the rest of my life.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Jerry created a Dawson's Creek Thread on this very board as a form of therapy.

Quote:
The Ferris Wheel scene.

I remember when I wrote up my thoughts after viewing the Series Finale. Instead of repeating what I said, I'll just direct you to my Series Finale thoughts... it's a novel, lol, but the Ferris Wheel comments are in there.

http://www.fanforum.com/10243677-post218.html
Closed Thread   Post New Thread