Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Which is incredible, right? This is the season that they spent the most time apart yet their chemistry and looks are absolutely amazing in this season. More proof that it didn’t matter whether the characters were together romantically or just friends. It did not matter, the connection was always there.
Greg and Emily had great chemistry. Everyone could see this IMO. It does not matter if you love them or just like them, they had chemistry off the charts from the first episode.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Greg and Emily had great chemistry. Everyone could see this IMO. It does not matter if you love them or just like them, they had chemistry off the charts from the first episode.
This is true.

I personally think Emily has chemistry with a wall but I've enjoyed Emily/Jack, Nic/Conrad... however, nothing will compare to Ephram/Amy and the Greg/Emily chemistry for me.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This is true.

I personally think Emily has chemistry with a wall but I've enjoyed Emily/Jack, Nic/Conrad... however, nothing will compare to Ephram/Amy and the Greg/Emily chemistry for me.
It's true that Emily has chemistry with everyone and yes she has chemistry with other actors in those other shows, but Greg/Emigly wins it for me. I can't explain why, it's just different. Maybe it's the combination of Greg/Emily but they just sizzle together.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's true that Emily has chemistry with everyone and yes she has chemistry with other actors in those other shows, but Greg/Emigly wins it for me. I can't explain why, it's just different. Maybe it's the combination of Greg/Emily but they just sizzle together.
Totally. It's very hard to explain, but Greg/Emily win for sure.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

How cute is this picture? I've never seen it before:

Old 05-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Totally. It's very hard to explain, but Greg/Emily win for sure.
I believe that luckily in most TV shows you could get chemistry like Nic/Conrad or Jack/Emily or something similar. However Ephram/Amy is on another level. It's special. It's when it's not just the actors playing the role, but they also get along in real life as people. It's something special that you don't always have.

The other case when such things happen is when you have method actors and I believe both Eimly and Greg are. By method actors I mean that they have strategy on how to play the role. Let me give you some examples. I know that in Roswell Jason would do things that are not in the script. He would be like how would I act in such scene with my girlfriend and he would put a hand on Shiri's arm or something like that because this is how he would act as a boyfriend with his girlfriend. Never mind that his girlfriend at the tame was Katherine Heigl and not Shiri.

In the same way Jesse (Chicago PD) has said that he would create in his mind backstory on his story with Lindsay. Every time they would have a group scene or scene just the two of them together he would check the overall tone of the scene. If the scene is not dramatic in the sense that they are about to arrest someone or to fight or someone's life is in danger he would physically do stuff (flirting, playing around, joking around, winking etc) to play out the closeness.

I believe that both Greg and Emily did the same in Everwood. I believe that they added their own tidbits to the scenes they had to play which is why it was so authentic, so real, so natural. They would not just act what was written on the pages, they would create their own story, they would add their own elements to the story to make it more natural. And it did make it so natural. You basically would forget that they are playing and that it's just acting.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
How cute is this picture? I've never seen it before:

So cute. I have not seen this picture either. It must be taken during Season 1 shooting.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I believe that luckily in most TV shows you could get chemistry like Nic/Conrad or Jack/Emily or something similar. However Ephram/Amy is on another level. It's special. It's when it's not just the actors playing the role, but they also get along in real life as people. It's something special that you don't always have.

The other case when such things happen is when you have method actors and I believe both Eimly and Greg are. By method actors I mean that they have strategy on how to play the role. Let me give you some examples. I know that in Roswell Jason would do things that are not in the script. He would be like how would I act in such scene with my girlfriend and he would put a hand on Shiri's arm or something like that because this is how he would act as a boyfriend with his girlfriend. Never mind that his girlfriend at the tame was Katherine Heigl and not Shiri.

In the same way Jesse (Chicago PD) has said that he would create in his mind backstory on his story with Lindsay. Every time they would have a group scene or scene just the two of them together he would check the overall tone of the scene. If the scene is not dramatic in the sense that they are about to arrest someone or to fight or someone's life is in danger he would physically do stuff (flirting, playing around, joking around, winking etc) to play out the closeness.

I believe that both Greg and Emily did the same in Everwood. I believe that they added their own tidbits to the scenes they had to play which is why it was so authentic, so real, so natural. They would not just act what was written on the pages, they would create their own story, they would add their own elements to the story to make it more natural. And it did make it so natural. You basically would forget that they are playing and that it's just acting.
100% agree. I also think Greg and Emily are in a different class when it comes to talent too. You've seen TV pairings with chemistry yet alone they are not even very good actors but together, they sizzle. With Greg/Emily they had the entire package... Emily and Greg have that rare, unteachable, unique individual talent and together they shine in a way that like you said, you forget they are acting, it's so real. They had both going on which is rare and spectacular.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So cute. I have not seen this picture either. It must be taken during Season 1 shooting.
Definitely season 1. Talk about being comfortable with each other.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
100% agree. I also think Greg and Emily are in a different class when it comes to talent too. You've seen TV pairings with chemistry yet alone they are not even very good actors but together, they sizzle. With Greg/Emily they had the entire package... Emily and Greg have that rare, unteachable, unique individual talent and together they shine in a way that like you said, you forget they are acting, it's so real. They had both going on which is rare and spectacular.
They for sure had the talent but honestly I believe that adding their own tidbits is part of the talent. I quite often see actors that play the scene you know but they are stiff and it's just so artificial and weird and disconnected and you just don't feel it that much. You are like OK but yeah whatever.

You don't get this with Emily and Greg because you feel connected to every word they say, every look they share, every smile they make towards each other, every move. You feel drawn to their actions because they are in the scene. They are not just playing it for the sake of filming.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They for sure had the talent but honestly I believe that adding their own tidbits is part of the talent. I quite often see actors that play the scene you know but they are stiff and it's just so artificial and weird and disconnected and you just don't feel it that much. You are like OK but yeah whatever.

You don't get this with Emily and Greg because you feel connected to every word they say, every look they share, every smile they make towards each other, every move. You feel drawn to their actions because they are in the scene. They are not just playing it for the sake of filming.
The writing was obviously always fabulous. So they had a great script to always work with. But yes, Greg and Emily treated it as their own. They were certainly improvising and delivering extemporaneously. Not only that, they were playing off of each other naturally while going there so the other was never surprised. Fit like a glove.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 08-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
One of the few.... Nice!!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
One of the few.... Nice!!
Loved when they kissed, it was so natural. Of course it was interrupted.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Loved when they kissed, it was so natural. Of course it was interrupted.
We did not get enough of this. Then again with the way they were acting, we would have never felt that we have got enough .