Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
No? Oh, well, I started watching for Ephram/Andy, Andy/Harold, and most of the older characters more than anything. I didn't start to appreciate Amy and Ephram until a little later in the first season. Not that much later, though, like around Ephram bringing board games in the hospital later. So, 8 episodes? Not too late at all. I certainly didn't watch for them at first. But Everwood is one of those shows, I think anyway, where everything is so good, that no matter what you started watching for, you get to appreciate and connect with everything. I connect big time with the characters, and by the time in that break up in season three, I think I could consider myself a total shipper judging by how absolutely devastated I was by Ephram's words.

I still mainly watched for Andy/Ephram, but Amy/Ephram got more to the forefront for me, really big into them late season two. And then on my countless rewatching of season one, I love that stuff now too. I guess I shouldn't say not as big of a shipper, but maybe say, not from the very beginning. A late blooming shipper, if you will. I'm not sure when it really started, but I think in "Home" when they buy a Twix together, I was completely sold at that point. I liked their story in season one, but I didn't connect with the actual relationship right from the pilot. I'm either completely over explaining this (which I tend to do) or completely under explaining this. Heh. Let me know which one.

You explained it perfectly. You were an Ephram/Amy shipper.....but not from the beginning. I, like you am a huge Andy/Ephram shipper. I was rooting for them just as much as I was rooting for Amy and Ephram. Every Andy/Ephram argument broke my heart. Everytime Ephram was a total brat to Andy...I wanted to ring his neck. Ephram had good reasons for resenting his dad...but Andy was really trying to make up for those bad times and Ephram didn't always appreciate that or respond to Andy in positive manner. I really felt for Andy many many times.
I love Ephram....you know that! But the times that you mentioned above when he was verbally cruel to Amy and the times that he was horrible to his dad....I really couldn't stand him. In addition to all of his wonderful qualities....the ones that made me love him, he had a really spoiled, self-centered side.
Thank goodness for season 4- when Ephram outgrew these not so pleasant qualities and become a selfless, understanding, tolerant, reasonable, beautiful young man.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so flippin annoyed.

Are they ever going to release the rest of the dvds because I have only season 1 and its seriously killing me.

are repeats gonna be shown on tv ever?

what about that wb site?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Hey Dorkodancer147.

We do have a second season DVD coming out!! Officially in 2009! Which is sooo very exciting, because really, there are too many fans that can only watch season one like yourself! It's very frustrating, I know, I've been there.

Repeats seem unlikely, unfortunately.

And yup, there are episodes up on thewb.com and abcfamily.com. Thewb.com only works for Americans, while abcfamily.com works for everybody. Both have a limited amount of episodes, though. Mostly season one, but abcfamily.com has a few later season episodes, just random ones, and I believe thewb.com has some too.

ETA:
Quote:
The only reason Ephram/Madison bothered me was because at the time I was around 15. I was still unnerved by older women/younger men relationships. I was uncomfortable with it. I still don't see the attraction. Sure I see the crush but I don't see the love. I don't get why there is such a big band of people for it. I think Madison is pretty and caring. But her having Ephram's baby shocked me & I loved how it was (somewhat- well to me anyway) unexpected, and the only one who really knew was Andy.
For me it was the age issue, but also that Madison was Delia's babysitter. I actually didn't mind the age quite as much, it was still a bit ewwy for me, but dating your sister's babysitter that had basically been your babysitter for a couple of episodes was much worse for me. I do think the relationship worked out in the end, in that it helped Ephram grow up a bit and he needed a relationship before having a real one with Amy (unfortunately he acted like a brat in that one too when they broke up), but I had issues with it too. You're definitely not alone on that one.

Betty , I really felt for Andy too. And for Ephram. He needed a father to help guide him, but he was so resistant to Andy. And yes, he can certainly be spoiled and self-centered, the break up really proved that. But absolutely, season four he became a man. That's what I think I also would have liked to have seen in season five, Ephram as a mature man in a relationship with Amy. How great would that be?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 09-23-2008 at 11:19 PM
Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oooh yay. I need to check those out PRONTO.

And really, the second dvd will be released? How did that happen? Do we know anything about the other two seasons?

Squeee. I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)

For me it was the age issue, but also that Madison was Delia's babysitter. I actually didn't mind the age quite as much, it was still a bit ewwy for me, but dating your sister's babysitter that had basically been your babysitter for a couple of episodes was much worse for me. I do think the relationship worked out in the end, in that it helped Ephram grow up a bit and he needed a relationship before having a real one with Amy (unfortunately he acted like a brat in that one too when they broke up), but I had issues with it too. You're definitely not alone on that one.
Its good to know someone else feels this way too!! Thanks, 'Tos!
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkodancer147 (View Post)
Oooh yay. I need to check those out PRONTO.

And really, the second dvd will be released? How did that happen? Do we know anything about the other two seasons?

Squeee. I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out!
They just announced it a couple weeks ago, and I think I'm still just as excited. They haven't said anything about the next two seasons, no, but it probably will have something to do with how well this season sells, so yes, please do buy it as soon as it comes out, and hopefully everyone else does the same!

I would say a lot of people feel the same way, Rachel. I remember the controversy when they started dating, ohhhh, that was huge. Even the castmembers were hearing about it!!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad there are other people like me!!
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Cute Is She (View Post)
Its good to know someone else feels this way too!! Thanks, 'Tos!
There is an Ephram/Madison thread in which people talked about their feelings on the pairing and many people felt that in the long term....it was a good thing.
Here is the site of this thread. Read what people had to say.

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/jb-e-m-...64/index8.html
Old 09-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Hmm...really? Maybe I'll check it out
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hmm...really? Maybe I'll check it out
Yes, on that particular page, I posted my feelings about the relationship and Tos posted his feelings....just scroll down the page.
You might not agree, but I really feel that way.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Hmm Okay thanks for the link!!
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought Madison/Ephram were pretty cute, but I felt it was always obvious they were temporary.

I'm not a huge fan of the fact that they had a child. What were the writers thinking on that one?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Hey I went to that EM thread. It was pretty interesting to read everyone's thoughts and I certainly agree with some of it & disagree with others. It definitely gave me a new perspective!
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of the fact that they had a child. What were the writers thinking on that one?
That was very frustrating for me. Everwood had been (and still was/is, really) so different from any other show, and this storyline was so..what every other show would do. It was that kind of soapy twist that I thought Everwood would never do, and then it did. Very disappointing. I know I've said this before, but I did almost stop watching because of that, but I'm so glad I didn't. Even a typical baby drama storyline was eventually Everwoodized and, at the very least, spurred Ephram to become the mature man he so awesomely is in season four.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hey I went to that EM thread. It was pretty interesting to read everyone's thoughts and I certainly agree with some of it & disagree with others. It definitely gave me a new perspective!
That's great. That's what we want.....everyone to have an Open Mind. It's really interesting to hear other's differing points of view. It makes for nice discussions.
As I said many times in the past....it's really interesting how different people's opinions are!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 09-25-2008 at 11:47 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread