Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

The Greenies (E/A) #32: Because Ephramy is our one

WELCOME TO THE 32 GREENIE APPRECIATION THREAD!!

Banner By Alexandra

*The name Greenies comes from Al Green's song, Let's Stay Together that was mentioned in the pilot.*

Past thread titles:

"Because they're real" (Thread 7)
"Because they can always get more fries!" (Thread 8)
"Because she went to NY to be with him" (Thread 9)
"Let's stay together...all summer!" (Thread 10)
"Because no matter what happens, it's Amy" (Thread 11)
"Because he's the only one that can make her smile" (Thread 12)
"Because they're in love" (Thread 13)
"Because Infinity means them" (Thread 14)
"Because she wanted her first time to be with him" (Thread 15)
"Because what they have is True Love" (Thread 16)
"Because they can't just be friends" (Thread 17)
"Because we all know they are getting back together" (Thread 18)
"Because he DID see a forever!" (Thread 19)
"Because even from a distance E/A have the sparks!" (Thread 20)
[The six threads that are missing are due to the crash FF went through]
"Because They Were Meant To Be Since Day 1" (Thread 27)
"Because he's still her "person" (Thread 28)
"Because they're soulmates" (Thread 29)
"Because we knew it then and we know it now... they're it" (Thread 30)

"Because they will never lose each other again (Thread 31)

Greenie Arts [In need of new arts! Feel free to submit!]

by Pickle-weasel!

louder than words : a ephram & amy image archive (it hasn't been updated in a long time but it has some great Ephramy pics)
Back To You -- An Ephramy Multimedia Shrine
Ephramy -- The Ephram Brown and Amy Abbott relationship fanlisting
Surreal Realities - Ephramy fanlisting
Reason; an Ephramy shrine
Forever Friends __ The Emily VanCamp and Gregory Smith Fanlisting

Last edited by buffyannAlex; 01-14-2007 at 03:54 PM
Old 10-20-2006, 12:46 PM
buffyannAlex

New Thread . Still loving Ephramy to death !!

I restate my idea of using dawnie's title : "Because Ephramy is our one"

Old 10-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for starting the thread, Ashley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
I restate my idea of using dawnie's title : "Because Ephramy is our one"
You got it. Adding it now.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Nice thread title, guys
Old 10-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

New thread! ...however I'm still so not in a yay mood...not even close

I saw 402 yesterday...

...so it turns out infinity is a overused term and they broke up. Then he left for Europe but came back thinking they could be friends but it appears they really can't...What they can however, is keep having those painful conversations that break my heart everytime...

I really need to watch Foreverwood soon, otherwise I end up on a Zoloft for sure!

Old 10-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

^ Wow, your really coasting through the episodes, arentcha? Insane!

I love the caps you put up... I'ma use that for the "scene of the moment"
Old 10-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
I really need to watch Foreverwood soon, otherwise I end up on a Zoloft for sure!
LMAO!

Honestly, I never thought I could watch some of the sad EA episodes shortly before, during and after their break up but that has changed since we got the best happy ending we could have ever asked for with these two.

What I mean is while it's still terribly sad watching them break up in the contrived way that they did due to Madisongate and Ephram saying those words at the table to Amy that made very little sense at the time, it's much easier to watch now given how we know how everything turns out. Before I watched the break up in a very defenseless way because quite frankly we had no clue how it was all going to turn out. If EA were going to reunite and how. Of course all signs have always pointed to them being together in the end even with Rina in charge but there was still uncertainty. Now the uncertainty is gone as we have the happy ending securely in place so while watching these old episodes I am watching them in a more relaxed way.

Having said that, given that Greg and Emily are such amazing actors I am still totally caught up in EAs dramatic moments and I think I always will be.

Thanks a lot for posting the pics and I have to say I'm eating up your thoughts on these episodes. I haven't really commented because they are just so good so I'm merely taking them in and nodding in complete agreement. Nevertheless I want to start commenting and I will do just that.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-21-2006 at 03:47 PM
Old 10-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

^ Hey Michelle, could you hop on AIM for a few? I'm trying something out and I want your opinion.

Last edited by Augusta; 10-21-2006 at 12:24 PM
Old 10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah I can.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

I've been watching a lot of shows and I've been through a lot of emotional rides with them but what this one is doing to me is just so...you know...

Alex gave me a link to your Acceptance scene discusson from August. I just started reading through it and I can't stop my tears...And it's not only coz remembering this scene breaks my heart but coz how amazing your comments are and how they're making me understand what's underneath there....The hidden beauty of that scene, the love just screaming out of their calm and composed beings...I've already said how disappointed I was in Ephram after watching him saying those horrible words of disbelief but I'm coming to understand the meaning of it all now... It's like at some point even if you love the person with love you couldn't even imagine existed you still have to let them go...and even though your heart is breaking into thousand pieces you can do nothing about...

I can't even being to express how amazingly this scene was delivered by Emily and Greg...I think I will follow somebody's opinon from that earlier discussion saying that it's those sad, emotionally draining scenes of EA that are getting to me the most.

As for the Acceptance one - they should get an Oscar for that...

ok...I'm off to wash my face and 403 and more here I come!

Oh and please call me Nika.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Woot! My big project finally came together!

Check out the first post
Old 10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I've been watching a lot of shows and I've been through a lot of emotional rides with them but what this one is doing to me is just so...you know...
Yeah. So with you. I've never been so emotionally moved by a TV show like I have this one. I think it's due to the realism that exists. The writing and story is just so real and gripping, it pulls you in and you feel like you're experiencing everything with these characters. So amazing.

Quote:
Alex gave me a link to your Acceptance scene discusson from August. I just started reading through it and I can't stop my tears...And it's not only coz remembering this scene breaks my heart but coz how amazing your comments are and how they're making me understand what's underneath there....
Wow I remember that discussion thread. That was extremely emotional and heartfelt. Awww I'm glad you enjoyed reading our comments too.

Quote:
The hidden beauty of that scene, the love just screaming out of their calm and composed beings...I've already said how disappointed I was in Ephram after watching him saying those horrible words of disbelief but I'm coming to understand the meaning of it all now... It's like at some point even if you love the person with love you couldn't even imagine existed you still have to let them go...and even though your heart is breaking into thousand pieces you can do nothing about...
Definitely. I think he even explained just what you're saying here whenever he had the conversation with Andy later on after he comes back to Europe. He conveyed this in so many words.

Quote:
I can't even being to express how amazingly this scene was delivered by Emily and Greg...I think I will follow somebody's opinon from that earlier discussion saying that it's those sad, emotionally draining scenes of EA that are getting to me the most.
Oh yeah they were both just perfect. Absolutely hitting and sticking. Their chemistry together is the best I've seen on the screen between two actors and not only that, they are both incredible actors on their own so you put this together along with the great writing and beautiful love story of EA and it's just absolutely phenomenal. So powerful... so moving. Priceless.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Banned

EA rawk all the duckies in da lake. Teehee.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Yeah. So with you. I've never been so emotionally moved by a TV show like I have this one. I think it's due to the realism that exists. The writing and story is just so real and gripping, it pulls you in and you feel like you're experiencing everything with these characters. So amazing.
You know maybe it's coz I've been using the max gear watching Everwood but I know now that those 89 episode will not be enough for me...It's actually kinda amazing how show can keep you interested for that long...You're watching S4 and you're feeling like it was just S1...Nothing is repeated, overused, far fetched, thrown just to fill space. It's a rare thing with a tv show IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Definitely. I think he even explained just what you're saying here whenever he had the conversation with Andy later on after he comes back to Europe. He conveyed this in so many words.
After the acceptance scene and what he said there and then me being afraid that he meant it, I really was waiting for some scene with somebody other that Amy when he confesses how he REALLY feels. We pretty much knew that she was to give her heart and soul for Ephram but him actually saying that he wished he stopped her then never happened. He came back from Europe and we got this "we were never friends" scene and how it's gonna be hard for them to be around each other and I was so scared that they'll drift apart like in S2. He got to know how miserable she felt while he was gone and that it took her a great amount of time and effort to go back to normal...I bet he wanted to tell her right there that he still loves her and that he came back for her and that breaking up and leaving her was the stupiest thing he ever did but Ephram has this thing of backing up when not sure what will come out of situation, this or any given so he did...I really thought I lost them there...However it turned out they can be some sort of friends and be in each other presence (love the cinema scene)...and when you love somebody while not being a couple but seeing each other, sooner or later something will come out of it...

Coming back to why Ephram came back to Everwood I really didn't expect this Andy scene...I was waiting for E to tell it to somebody but still when he said - I'm still in love with Amy I freezed...from happiness... Him confessing his feelings to Andy didn't make him back with Amy but I knew I'm gonna have my S1 Ephram back...being there for her, looking at her in that special way (which he didn't lose even when he was with M), being a lil jealous...I knew we're on the right track there...I love this Ephram/Reid scene when he asks him to stop seeing Amy...It was like Amy said in 303 during the ILY scene - he was sooo being territorial there and I loved it! Of course later when he decided to let Amy know how he feels he blew it again but them being around each other made us believe that he will got his chance again and he did and it was another Ephramy scene...when it turned out Amy got the same book for a graduation and then the thing about the postcards and him missing her and wanting to share all of this with her - it was sooo beautiful! And the look on his and her face when he said - I still love you...

It still wasn't enough for them to get back together but at least we learned later Ephram IS Amy's person it's just the timing is wrong again...but it will be right someday...oh it will..
Old 10-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's actually kinda amazing how show can keep you interested for that long...You're watching S4 and you're feeling like it was just S1...Nothing is repeated, overused, far fetched, thrown just to fill space. It's a rare thing with a tv show IMO.
Oh, totally. I felt the same way. I was like, 'What? s4? No way." Didn't feel like there had already been 4 years of this show. Yet the characters grew and changed each season, and like you said, storylines changed constantly and we're never recycled from previous seasons. Amazing, indeed.

Quote:
He came back from Europe and we got this "we were never friends" scene and how it's gonna be hard for them to be around each other and I was so scared that they'll drift apart like in S2.
Me too! I was like, "Oh great... possibly the last season, and they will have NO scenes together." But I'm glad I continued watching, and I'm sooo glad that didn't happen!

Quote:
He got to know how miserable she felt while he was gone and that it took her a great amount of time and effort to go back to normal...I bet he wanted to tell her right there that he still loves her and that he came back for her and that breaking up and leaving her was the stupiest thing he ever did but Ephram has this thing of backing up when not sure what will come out of situation, this or any given so he did...I really thought I lost them there...However it turned out they can be some sort of friends and be in each other presence (love the cinema scene)...and when you love somebody while not being a couple but seeing each other, sooner or later something will come out of it...
Totally. Absolutely. Could not agree more! You could totally see how Ephram wanted to just get down on his knees and beg her for forgivness, and to make things better again, but knew that couldn't happen as soon as he'd like. The scene with them in the movies was simple, yet amazing. I loved that scene.

Quote:
Coming back to why Ephram came back to Everwood I really didn't expect this Andy scene...I was waiting for E to tell it to somebody but still when he said - I'm still in love with Amy I freezed...from happiness...
I actually adored that scene between father and son. Such a relief and touching scene from the ones we were getting before. It broke my heart when they were at odds. So I'm really glad that he admitted it to Andy first. I froze from happiness as well when he uttered those words (even though we all knew that was why )

Quote:
I love this Ephram/Reid scene when he asks him to stop seeing Amy...
Oh totally. I think I was in the minority who actually liked Reid, haha, but I defiantely liked that scene. Ephram standing up and being like 'she's mine' sort of speak, instead of just being passive and watching it happen.

Quote:
when it turned out Amy got the same book for a graduation and then the thing about the postcards and him missing her and wanting to share all of this with her - it was sooo beautiful! And the look on his and her face when he said - I still love you...
LOL! Definately. That was such a sweet episode. Didn't surprise me at all that he had written her postcards throughout his trip. So sweet.

By the way, I totally love the caps you are posting. I think I speak for everyone on this threa when I say it really makes us relive these episode right along with you

Quote:
It still wasn't enough for them to get back together but at least we learned later Ephram IS Amy's person it's just the timing is wrong again...but it will be right someday...oh it will..
Yup, for sure!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread