Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2018, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
My thoughts exactly. All the adults might of gotten pushed to the side too.
So true, Twin. The CW hated adult storylines (and still do to a lesser degree). They would have dropped the father and son Everwood theme, Harold would have been thrown into a closet and we probably would have found out off screen Edna passed away.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just found this picture. It's adorable. I've never seen it before. The cast had chemistry on and off the screen from day 1 which made our show so unique:

Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I just found this picture. It's adorable. I've never seen it before. The cast had chemistry on and off the screen from day 1 which made our show so unique:

Adorable!! I believe Emily was 15 that first season and Greg was 19. They look like babies.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ They really do. So adorable.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
So true, Twin. The CW hated adult storylines (and still do to a lesser degree). They would have dropped the father and son Everwood theme, Harold would have been thrown into a closet and we probably would have found out off screen Edna passed away.
That is just too awful to think about.

That is a great pic too!

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 05-30-2018, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That is just too awful to think about.

That is a great pic too!
Really awful. I think we might have been saved. Berlanti even told us with a wink to put up with some "storylines" should we get a season 5. It was his way of saying he would play the game with the CW but would get the characters back on track soon enough.

It really is a wonderful picture. They look so adorable and comfortable with each other. No wonder they sizzled on the screen together.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is why having that season 5 back in the day might not have been a good thing:

This is an old article so the news of a possible reboot/reunion wasn't out yet but I wanted to quote this part:

Quote:
https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-cov...ernate-ending/
The ending that made it to the screen saw Ephram (Gregory Smith) and Amy (Emily VanCamp) reuniting on the Ferris wheel. But, there was an ending in which that reunion didn’t happen. When there was still a chance that the show might be renewed one more time, the creative team considered ending the season with Ephram, while on his way to see Amy, getting a phone call from his ex-girlfriend, Madison. “Amy was going to have some serious egg on her face at the Ferris wheel,” Mimoun recalled.

But thankfully, that’s not what happened — and Amy, er, VanCamp was all smiles at the reunion.
I never really felt comfortable with Mimoun. Amy would have egg on her face? Nice way of stating it, Mimoun. Try the vast majority of the fanbase wanting to pull our hair out should that have transpired. I think when Berlanti left her mostly in charge in season 3, she didn't do Ephram/Amy right at all which is why we received such little screetime for these two, not as many romantic scenes since her preference was to put Hannah on the screen for as long as possible.

Reading this today was just a reminder that the alternate ending would have sucked and while I believe a revival/reboot would be fantastic, a tiny part of me will be slightly concerned that Berlanti doesn't get too crazy and write some drama that might separate a pairing or dynamic just for the sake of making things interesting. I don't believe he would ever disrespect the characters or fanbase (he learned his lesson from Dawson's Creek!) but there is always that possibility we might be a bit irked. Look at Rory Gilmore and Gilmore Girls and the reboot on Netflix. I don't think we'd have to worry too much but like I said, a tiny concern until we received the final product would be my feeling.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's just hope that this reboot will not include the alternate ending...but just a continuation of the actual (satisfying) ending.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Most certainly. Forget that lame alternate ending. Hopefully it's many years into the future. Also, I know there was speculation that they were going to go into the future and Andy would have passed away. Scratch that too! Go into the future but not that far into the future, thanks very much, lol.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

‘Everwood’ Revival: Will There Be a Season 5? Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt | TVLine

PS: This was posted up thread but there's more comments in the comment section now.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
‘Everwood’ Revival: Will There Be a Season 5? Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt | TVLine

PS: This was posted up thread but there's more comments in the comment section now.
I am glad to go through those comments and still see a lot of love for the show!

Old 06-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am glad to go through those comments and still see a lot of love for the show!
Isn't it awesome, Twin? It's so great. Everwood fans are smart.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Isn't it awesome, Twin? It's so great. Everwood fans are smart.
The smartest I have seen!

Old 06-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The smartest I have seen!
Right? So true. Everwood fans are by far the most intelligent fanbase we’ve seen.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just read the comments. You're both right!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread