Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2022, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #87: Cultural Exchange (The January 6th Hearings Part 4)

EVERWOOD

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Political-related discussions are allowed.

We enjoy the atmosphere and peaceful environment. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment there's temptation to cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people.
2. Respect the opinions of fellow posters.
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people.
4. Accept that someone having a different opinion does not mean that they hate or dislike you. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards you, please do not engage in arguments. Contact us and we will handle it.
6. Most important of all... we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We thank you for reading and hope that you will have fun posting here!

- Michelle & Betty
Old 07-26-2022, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last page of posts on previous thread #86
Old 07-26-2022, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
What gets me is that so many of my idiot Republican friends completely discount what happened on January 6th and they post stuff like this:
It amazes me how many Republicans either watch the Hearings and still do not care (or have the brain capacity to understand the evidence) or ignore and live in denial. It’s incomprehensible. I truly think one day a portion of these Republicans will wake up and feel so guilty and ashamed that they refused to see reality and once supported such a narcissistic monster.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Michelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
It amazes me how many Republicans either watch the Hearings and still do not care (or have the brain capacity to understand the evidence) or ignore and live in denial. It’s incomprehensible. I truly think one day a portion of these Republicans will wake up and feel so guilty and ashamed that they refused to see reality and once supported such a narcissistic monster.
What gets me is that people I know who are otherwise nice people could have such a cavalier attitude toward the fact that Trump led an armed insurrection in an attempt to overthrow the legitimate results of an election and install himself as a dictator and that so many people think that the election was rigged with mail-in ballots that appeared from nowhere, and that no one can convince them otherwise. No matter what else, he violated his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States and he's guilty of treason, but his supporters refuse to see that and they try to laugh off the hearings that are going on.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-26-2022, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is so gross.

So here's an example of Republicans feeling like they HAVE to publicly be against natural things like sexuality, etc. When the reality is they are just fine with it but they know in order to be a Republican they have to vote for evil in the public. What does that tell you about the Republican Party? Not all of course... some hide behind religion to be full of hatred. But many live double lives and say one thing but feel quite another deep inside.

Cheney was doing the same thing until her sister humanized her thinking as she thought... I have to be decent and kind again, I have to finally say I am okay with something as natural as sexuality and Dick Cheney, their father, waited until he was done with office to say hello, sexuality is natural and I am fine with it.

Republican Party stands for darkness and hatred. How many more examples do we need here?

Last edited by jediwands; 07-26-2022 at 08:28 AM
Old 07-26-2022, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Michelle.

Quote:
What gets me is that people I know who are otherwise nice people could have such a cavalier attitude toward the fact that Trump led an armed insurrection in an attempt to overthrow the legitimate results of an election and install himself as a dictator and that so many people think that the election was rigged with mail-in ballots that appeared from nowhere, and that no one can convince them otherwise. No matter what else, he violated his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States and he's guilty of treason, but his supporters refuse to see that and they try to laugh off the hearings that are going on.
Exactly. That's totally the deal... believe what you want about the election. The election wasn't stolen. The only party with some evidence of stealing past elections is the Republican Party... see 2016 (Russia all but admits it) and the disaster in Florida between Gore and Bush Jr. But did Clinton and Gore do what Trump did? Everyone knows how shady the elections are in the south for Senate and House Seats.

But 2020 was not stolen. ZERO evidence of this, Trump knows it, everyone with a brain knows this. However, it is inexcusable these people cannot watch the Hearings and use their brains in an unbiased way and make a decision on what happened on 1/6/21. They cannot go there and it's really pathetic. They will support a monster until the very end.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:32 AM
Administrator

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...7g&oe=62E4E6B2

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...OA&oe=62E4F492

I made these links because they stretched the page here.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-26-2022, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That’s 100% correct!

Hillary understood this too.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Old 07-26-2022, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You’re welcome, Sam!
Old 07-27-2022, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wow this is very eye-opening.

On one hand, you think about how many calls police receive on this so it could be exhausting. On the other hand, big time proof of how real and important it is since many cases result in serious injury and even death.

Very interesting and I’d bet money this happens within the police force all around the world (Australia is just being honest about it) which is startling.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Old 07-27-2022, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ That is pure truth.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:30 PM
Administrator

I'm posting this as a link because it contains curse words, but this is hilarious:

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...hA&oe=62E69DFB

Closed Thread   Post New Thread