Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2022, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everwood Melting Pot (OT3) #85: Cultural Exchange (The January 6th Hearings Part 2)

EVERWOOD

This thread is for discussing different cultures and customs around the world.
Current events are welcome.
Political-related discussions are allowed.

We enjoy the atmosphere and peaceful environment. We know that sometimes in the heat of the moment there's temptation to cross the line so we would kindly ask you to follow the rules below:

1. Discuss opinions and ideas. Do not bash people.
2. Respect the opinions of fellow posters.
3. Attack ideas. Do not attack people.
4. Accept that someone having a different opinion does not mean that they hate or dislike you. They just disagree with you.
5. If you feel that someone shows any disrespect towards you, please do not engage in arguments. Contact us and we will handle it.
6. Most important of all... we need to be open-minded and show respect for our fellow posters.

We thank you for reading and hope that you will have fun posting here!

- Michelle & Betty
Old 06-19-2022, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Michelle!!
Old 06-19-2022, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

How can Women, LGBT people, animal lovers, POC, immigrants or family of immigrants, poor people ETC want to vote republican? HOW??? They are going directly against their own interests. It makes no sense.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks, Michelle!!
Welcome!
Old 06-20-2022, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
How can Women, LGBT people, animal lovers, POC, immigrants or family of immigrants, poor people ETC want to vote republican? HOW??? They are going directly against their own interests. It makes no sense.
It doesn't make any sense.

In my ways I consider myself a feminist. But I have to say, women who vote Republican are way more confusing to me than men. Sadly, many men vote Republican because the Republican Party is so misogynistic. They still have no business voting for a party of darkness. But women? How on earth can a woman EVER vote Republican? That includes the Reagan nightmarish years which started it all right into the present.

But like you said... ALL of those groups... it perplexes (and even angers) me knowing some still put R on the ticket. I will never understand. It's one of the biggest, most frustrating mysteries that sadly will not get solved.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I haven’t watched Fox News … hmm … never. So it certainly would be nice officially getting rid of this network it was obvious was complete trash for decades.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But women? How on earth can a woman EVER vote Republican?
I watched this show on netflix called... uhhhh web of lies? or something liek that. I cant remember. Documentary that just came out about the dangers of the internet and different crime cases. In ep 3 they interviewed this lady that used to be part of a right wing extremist group. She basically said that she fell in love with this guy and only after they were together did he start showing this other side to him, so she ended up just kinda going along wth it because she loved him but also, it made her feel like she finally belonged to someting because she was always a bit of a loner type in school etc. She thought it was a "phase" he would grow out of. Then she said it just got more intense the lnger she stayed and it got to the point where she couldnt leave because she knew they would view her as the enemy since she knew all their secrets. Basically that they had these online groups talking about the extermination of black people and jews etc. They were behind the attacks on the BLM protest. She seemed like a level headed person and I didnt get how she could ahve been involved in that. She said eventually her boyfirend became more and more violent and abusive sexually. And that was her breaking point to leave.

But, she said when she was in it and she saw the anti feminism stuff, she felt it was easy to just play that role of the "good girl" that supported her man and then she wouldnt have to think about anything, and she could just let the man take control and worry about all that stuff and be the "protector".... in that way it sort of made sense to me. I think a lot of these republican women like feeling like the "good woman" of the house supporting her men because its much simpler to live that way and turn a blind eye to what is happening instead of having to like, fight for rights for things. It does make sense in a twisted way. I think a lot of these republican women are brainwashed, or uneducated, scared to leave, or they are religious, so they support the whole mentality of the man being in charge because its easy for tem to just to just sit back and follow that role. It's actually really sad when you think about it. They probably don't realize that further this goes, the worse the men are going to be and the more violent, and the more abusive... its a sick cycle.

The people next door have an american flag up and just the other day were ranting to my mom about gas and biden and i wanted to be like, for real bro??? His wife is from mexico. Like, Trump and the republicans hate immigants and want to force you "back to your countries" how can you support this? Its even worse when i see women of color with white husbands supporting this crap, it makes no sense to me!!!
Old 06-21-2022, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-21-2022, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anti-Abortion Movement Reveals Its Post-Roe Plans, and They're Horrific

How do these people vote? Republican.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that, ^^^ Michelle.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I wish they would air prime time so that more people would watch.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks for that, ^^^ Michelle.
Talk about scary.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I wish they would air prime time so that more people would watch.
Yes, it would be so much better that way.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What do you think about this?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread