Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Administrator

I just posted this on Facebook:

Quote:
I don’t post much about the current headlines here on Facebook, but as someone who’s always tried to treat women with courtesy and respect, I’m truly appalled by all of the allegations about so many men in positions of power and trust who took advantage of that power and trust in a really reprehensible and vile way and abused so many young girls and young women. It’s revolting to know how widespread all this abuse has been and how a culture of abuse has permeated not only Hollywood, but even in the world of Gymnastics, as we’re now hearing that the National Team Doctor for the USA Gymnastics Team that competed in the Olympics was sexually abusing members of that team. Aly Raisman just came out with a harrowing story of abuse and it sickens me that young girls barely into their teens like her and Mckayla Maroney were sexually abused by a predator in a position of trust over them. I hope that all of these allegations that are coming out will produce lasting change so no more young girls and young women don’t have to be subjected to this type of abuse.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I had heard rumors, but I had no idea it was this bad. It also explains why hilarie refuses to be a reg on any show.
Did you hear any other rumours? I think that's got more to do with her wanting Gus to grow as normally as possible since she was an regular on White Collar after OTH?
Old 11-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Unbelievable. I completely agree with what you're saying. They should be thrown off the team and lose their scholarships.
I don't believe they were allowed to return home with their team.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very Well said ^^^^, Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It seems they all knew, even the guys... Hilarie, Sophia and Joy all responded too like it was common knowledge. Incredible.

One Tree Hill Creator Mark Schwahn Reportedly Accused Of Sexual Harassment – Fame10
Wow! Well...I guess he was using his power to lure these women. It certainly isn't his looks.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bryan Cranston: 'There may be a way back for Weinstein' - BBC News
Old 11-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It seems they all knew, even the guys... Hilarie, Sophia and Joy all responded too like it was common knowledge. Incredible.

One Tree Hill Creator Mark Schwahn Reportedly Accused Of Sexual Harassment – Fame10
Did you see the big reply all of the OTH female actors did?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Did you see the big reply all of the OTH female actors did?
Yes, I saw it. Good for them, but it's horrible that they were all subjected to that kind of abuse.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, I saw it. Good for them, but it's horrible that they were all subjected to that kind of abuse.
Yep, especially since they were threatened with the show being cancelled in order to keep quiet.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread