Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2021, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Great OP and congrats on 500K posts everyone!
Thanks so much!!!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
This is a wonderful accomplishment everyone, and I'm so proud of this board and the great job that Michelle and Betty have done moderating this board all these years, and I'm so happy to be a regular poster here. This board is my home here at Fan Forum and I really value the friendships that I've made here and I look forward to continuing to post on this board for many years to come.
I appreciate those thoughts, Jerry and all of your contributions to our board! I consider you a co-mod!
Old 07-20-2021, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)

Got it.

How many fics did you write? No wonder you're so good at English!
Only one posted and beta checked. Few that are just for my own needs .
Old 07-20-2021, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Wow! Congratulations! 500,000 posts is such an amazing accomplishment.
Thanks, Barry!!
Old 07-20-2021, 11:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

beautiful OP
congrats on your milestone
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
beautiful OP
congrats on your milestone
Thanks so much!!
Old 07-20-2021, 11:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would like to give a big thank you to everwoodfan52 (Betty) and JerryD . They both welcomed me back with open arms after being MIA since 2008. You guys are the reason this board has remained so successful for 500k+ posts.

And an even bigger thank you to the love of my life Michelle .

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 12:06 PM
Coffeejunkie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive!2021 (View Post)
I would like to give a big thank you to everwoodfan52 (Betty) and JerryD . They both welcomed me back with open arms after being MIA since 2008. You guys are the reason this board has remained so successful for 500k+ posts.

Thank you so much, Angela!! It feels so good to be appreciated!! I am so happy that you have returned to our board And I thank you for making my dear friend Michelle so happy!

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2021 at 12:06 PM
Old 07-20-2021, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Here are my answers:

1. When did you first start watching Everwood and what made you tune in for the first time? I first tuned into Everwood when the first episode aired because I heard that Treat Williams was going to be in it. I knew of him from seeing the movie Prince of the City many years ago with my father and I thought that he was a great actor, so I wanted to give the show a try, and I’m glad that I did.

2. What did you first think of Everwood while viewing it for the first time? I was immediately drawn to the idyllic setting and I was drawn to the characters, especially Ephram and Amy and Ephram’s conflict with his father. I was also drawn to Andy and Nina.

3. When did you join the Everwood board and what is the story behind finding the Everwood board? I was already here at Fan Forum as the Dawson’s Creek Board moderator and I started posting on the Everwood board as soon as it opened, and I was appointed as one of the moderators of the Everwood board about a month after it opened and I remained as the moderator until I became the Site Administrator here. Moderating this board was like Heaven compared to moderating the Dawson’s Creek board, and this board has become my home here at Fan Forum and it’s the only board that I post on regularly as a poster here.

4. If you are thinking about the show in 20 years, what three main things about the show (storylines, pairings, anything personal that ties you to the show) would you first think of? The Three main things that I’ll always think about with this show are the storylines, the idyllic setting, and the characters and couples that I loved. Everwood was a rare show that combined touching drama with an undercurrent of humor, and it was also unique in that it gave equal time to all of the characters and their interactions and relationships instead of just focusing on teenage romances like so many other shows did and do.

5. If you could convince one person to watch Everwood for the first time, in a couple sentences what would you say to the person to get them to tune in? I would simply say that Everwood was the best television show that ever aired, with stories that are timeless and touching.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I appreciate those thoughts, Jerry and all of your contributions to our board! I consider you a co-mod!
Thanks so much Betty!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-20-2021, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Huge achievement guys! Congratulations! I am sure that the board would continue flourish and soon you will hit another milestone!

I want to specifically congratulate Michelle and Jerry because IMO they make the board the lovely place it is and it is thanks to you guys that you have hit 500K posts.

On more personal note I am thankful for joining this board more than 10 years ago. I met few close friends that I continue to interact with today, I believe that we have grown up and matured together and we are all better and smarter people now that when we were younger. I wish you all (old and new posters) to find those kind of friendships that last as long and even more than mine .
Thanks so much Koni! I really value our friendship.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
Thank you, friend, and thank you so much for introducing me to Everwood.

Truly, without you none of us would have found this board.
When I look back at Fan Forum and everything I did here, I'll consider my biggest success to be telling you about Everwood and encouraging you to apply to moderate this board.

Also when I look back, the thing that I'll treasure the most is my friendship with you Michelle.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive!2021 (View Post)

Thanks so much Angela! It's great to have you back here and I'm so happy that you and Michelle are so happy!

Old 07-20-2021, 01:15 PM
Administrator

I’ve always had one phrase that has applied to the Everwood board since it first started:

The little board that could.

There are boards for shows here that in their time were more popular than Everwood and had more people posting on them, but many of those boards are closed now, and many of the people that posted on those boards are gone now, but this board has always had dedicated posters and most importantly dedicated moderators who keep all of us coming back, and we routinely get more traffic than many boards for shows that are currently on the air do, and most importantly, we’ve built a real community here. A lot of boards here struggle to meet even the minimum post count requirement, but we’ve never had that problem due to the atmosphere that we’ve all created here and the excellent job that the moderators have done with engaging with anyone that posts here.

I also feel that Everwood attracted an older and more mature fanbase, so we didn’t see any of the bickering and fighting that took place on so many other boards here at Fan Forum where shipper groups were at each other’s throats and the moderators had to play referee instead of leading discussions on those boards. Like I said earlier, moderating this board was like Heaven compared to moderating the Dawson’s Creek board for that very reason. I often use this board as a shining example of Fan Forum at its best, and it’s the sense of community and the engaging discussions that keep me coming back.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You are very welcome…my co-mod & friend.
Thanks for everything you do, past, present and future, as both my co-mod and mother figure friend.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread