Remember Me?
Register

Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2022, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphia Kenny (View Post)
One of the most aggravating and annoying things about Williamson as a writer is that when he's good, he's really good, but when he's bad, he's really bad, and the small snippet in that linked article? Yeah, that's him when he's bad.

His fatal flaw is his inability to complete anything he does and hands off his work to people who aren't qualified enough to manage it. Whether it's the Scream movies, Dawson's Creek, Vampire Diaries...all of his most notable works are ones he's never actually finished. With his lack of commitment to be there for the beginning, middle, and end of something, it makes him someone I can't trust despite the gems he's able to show off every now and then.

He treats his individual projects like they're toys; picking them up only when it grabs his interest. It's childish behavior and it's consistent behavior. With all this in mind, if I had a TV network or a streaming service, I would never pick up a Williamson project because of this.
This is why I'm wondering why people still green light his projects when he's just going to bail on them. He's had so much history even before Dawson's Creek of bailing on projects and why would someone let him be show runner for The Vampire Diaries. At this point, I'm sure he has a nickname along with being a Hollywood joke to never sticking around.
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
Hey ya'll. I finally did it. I finished the entire series. Now I can join everyone in episodic discussions.
What did you overall think of the series?
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hey ya'll. I finally did it. I finished the entire series. Now I can join everyone in episodic discussions.
You're a braver soul than I am. I never want to watch Dawson's Creek again. I'd rather spend my time rewatching something great like Everwood, like we're currently doing.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
You're a braver soul than I am. I never want to watch Dawson's Creek again. I'd rather spend my time rewatching something great like Everwood, like we're currently doing.
I second this. I need to rewatch something that makes me happy, with super high quality and worth watching due to a satisfactory conclusion and that's Everwood and our current rewatch.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I second this. I need to rewatch something that makes me happy, with super high quality and worth watching due to a satisfactory conclusion and that's Everwood and our current rewatch.
Exactly.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-27-2022, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
This is why I'm wondering why people still green light his projects when he's just going to bail on them. He's had so much history even before Dawson's Creek of bailing on projects and why would someone let him be show runner for The Vampire Diaries. At this point, I'm sure he has a nickname along with being a Hollywood joke to never sticking around.
I don't understand it either, especially since Williamson is no longer the wunderkind he was when Dawson's Creek and The Vampire Diaries aired.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Here are some of the scenes from the extended cut of the series finale including Andie’s scene https://youtu.be/ue5tNvfVqdM
Old 02-27-2022, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
Here are some of the scenes from the extended cut of the series finale including Andie’s scene https://youtu.be/ue5tNvfVqdM
Thanks Eric! I really wish that they had kept those Pacey and Andie scenes in the Series Finale.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks Eric! I really wish that they had kept those Pacey and Andie scenes in the Series Finale.
She looks soooooo gorgeous. It’s a crying shame it wasn’t in the aired version. Plus the montage at the end clearly shows who Joey was “running from”
Old 02-27-2022, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
She looks soooooo gorgeous. It’s a crying shame it wasn’t in the aired version. Plus the montage at the end clearly shows who Joey was “running from”
Andie/Meredith really did look beautiful in those scenes. I agree that we all knew who Joey was running from. That tacked-on Pacey and Joey ending was an insult to the audience and a slap in the face to the Dawson and Joey fans.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Andie/Meredith really did look beautiful in those scenes. I agree that we all knew who Joey was running from. That tacked-on Pacey and Joey ending was an insult to the audience and a slap in the face to the Dawson and Joey fans.
It is such a joke. It really is. I hope everyone that contributed to the series finale looks back and realizes what a piece of slop they produced. They spent six seasons on that series finale conclusion? Greg Berlanti made sure Everwood had a satisfying ending that made sense, honoring both the characters and certainly, the fans.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Seriously, how does Williamson and Stupin not have restless sleep knowing they made a mockery of the series producing that series finale? They don't think the fandom didn't understand Pacey and Joey stole Dawson and Joey lines? It is so crystal clear that is precisely what happened. How can they not be haunted by that series finale? What an insult to everyone involved. Berlanti knows it, too.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know people will say even if Dawson and Joey received the happy ending in the series finale it wouldn't totally make up for the entire series because at times they weren't even friends and did hurtful things to each other. I can appreciate that take. But at the same time the only ending of this series was Dawson and Joey ending up together if you remotely concentrated on the premise. The only happy ending for Pacey was finding Andie again. He could have found someone "Andie-like" I suppose but for the love of God, not Joey Potter. What a prison sentence for Pacey. Pacey ending up with Andie was the only gold gem for him that he never received.

If the only thing that made sense did happen (DJ ending up together and PA as well or a clue that they were headed in the right direction) it would have set up potential for a reunion or revival too. Killing off Jen had horrible long-tern consequences as well.

They lost any chance at a revival or movie. No one is going to want to watch without Michelle Williams. If the right pairings would have actually ended up together it also would have been a way to make up for the seasons 3-6 disaster as well.

I guess Karma is real and it hit both Williamson and Stupin.
Old 03-01-2022, 05:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Someone made this on YouTube a long time ago. https://youtu.be/4pYMm3vSAKk
Old 03-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Someone made this on YouTube a long time ago. https://youtu.be/4pYMm3vSAKk
That was really nice. The show really should have ended with them. Thanks Eric.

Reply   Post New Thread