Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2022, 12:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
So even the actor who played Pacey only cared about "winning," just like the P/Jers. Thanks Eric.
That’s really what it feels like and I am sure the animosity he had with JVDB was a part of it, so basically, forget what’s true to the story, I just wanna win smh
Old 05-19-2022, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I really don't trust much of the recent info about Dawson Creek. I think it's people bowing to revisionist history, or saying things that their public wants.

I base my thoughts on the below link

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...y8AEEFqKEyh7U=

I also would like to hear what Meredith Monroe has to say. To date I believe she is the only one who has said nothing.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
I am not really sure what to make of this besides KW having no backbone https://ew.com/tv/dawsons-creek-josh...ey-with-pacey/
Yuck. I’m sure it was due to his feud with James. What a joke. That stupid episode in Kmart was so irritating and stupid. It makes me mad Josh would try to talk to Williamson.

James stating it felt right is because he stopped caring years before the series was finally put out of its misery.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
James stating it felt right is because he stopped caring years before the series was finally put out of its misery.
Yea, I sadly think he didn’t care either way
and just wanted it to be over. On the commentary track KW said when he called James to break the news that he was changing the ending he said James was ok with it because I again think he just didn’t care.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I really don't trust much of the recent info about Dawson Creek. I think it's people bowing to revisionist history, or saying things that their public wants.

I base my thoughts on the below link

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...y8AEEFqKEyh7U=

I also would like to hear what Meredith Monroe has to say. To date I believe she is the only one who has said nothing.
That would be interesting considering she at first thought she was ending up with Pacey & then saw her scenes were cut from the aired version of the finale.
Old 05-21-2022, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yea, I sadly think he didn’t care either way
and just wanted it to be over. On the commentary track KW said when he called James to break the news that he was changing the ending he said James was ok with it because I again think he just didn’t care.
That’s sad.

Did Katie have a comment on the ending?

Did he say when the ending was changed?
Old 05-21-2022, 07:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That’s sad.

Did Katie have a comment on the ending?

Did he say when the ending was changed?
Katie stayed neutral and said she never could’ve made the decision on who Joey should end up with and was glad KW had to do it. It got changed after the first hour was shot. The first hour was still when they had the D/J ending, but around the wedding or after Jen falls down into the 2nd hour it was changed to P/J. KW kept saying on the commentary track that he wished he had more time. Also KW said Katie called him telling him he needed to call MW because she was very upset about being killed off.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Katie stayed neutral and said she never could’ve made the decision on who Joey should end up with and was glad KW had to do it. It got changed after the first hour was shot. The first hour was still when they had the D/J ending, but around the wedding or after Jen falls down into the 2nd hour it was changed to P/J. KW kept saying on the commentary track that he wished he had more time. Also KW said Katie called him telling him he needed to call MW because she was very upset about being killed off.
Interesting. My guess is Katie knew it was not the right ending but probably felt like Josh wanted the ending, James didn’t care so she wasn’t getting involved directly. Wow I had no idea about Michelle. Honestly, given how Michelle’s career evolved, in reality Williamson’s biggest mistake was killing off Jen and making sure the award-winning actress couldn’t participate in any future reunion or revival. I wonder why Williamson said he wished he had more time.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Interesting. My guess is Katie knew it was not the right ending but probably felt like Josh wanted the ending, James didn’t care so she wasn’t getting involved directly. Wow I had no idea about Michelle. Honestly, given how Michelle’s career evolved, in reality Williamson’s biggest mistake was killing off Jen and making sure the award-winning actress couldn’t participate in any future reunion or revival. I wonder why Williamson said he wished he had more time.
He had very little time to write the finale from when he agreed, especially for a show he didn’t see all the episodes for. No way he saw Love Bites. MW said her first reaction was she was very hurt.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Remember he wanted Meredith Monroe for the two weeks he need to shoot the ending. Meredith being employed at the time could only give him one day.

I still think that situation influenced the ending of the series.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Remember he wanted Meredith Monroe for the two weeks he need to shoot the ending. Meredith being employed at the time could only give him one day.

That’s true as well. He said on the track
That if he was really going to make it work, he needed her for the whole 2 hours.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I could be wrong, but I still think the unavailability of Meredith Monroe was why we got a P/J ending.

All the other reasons, are as I said, are revisionist. B.S. and people saying what they thought their public wanted to hear.

The whole series was based upon Dawson and Joey figuring out their lives and ultimately ending up together.

Pacey and Andie were the aborted "B" story You have to ask yourself: why was Meredith brought back at the end of season four and the final of the series? To be with Pacey. Which is the only scenario that makes sense.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He had very little time to write the finale from when he agreed, especially for a show he didn’t see all the episodes for. No way he saw Love Bites. MW said her first reaction was she was very hurt.
I have no idea why he was qualified to write the series finale then. Like you said, he didn’t see so many of the episodes. Indeed, no way he saw that trash episode and so many others. Understandable in theory they’d want him to tie things up as the show’s creator (and the show loosely based on his childhood) but if he agreed, he should have binged the series. At least he should have watched seasons 3-6 since he understood 1 and probably most of 2. He couldn’t even go there. Had he gone there it would have “felt right” going with DJ and PA and the thought of resurrecting PJ would have never entered his mind.

That is awful about Michelle Williams. Based on interviews and speculation she even confided in James about her lack of screen time, so I assumed she’d be glad her character was killed off. The fans were not, but assumed or at least hoped she wouldn’t care and just wanted to get out. This makes Jen’s death even worse knowing the actress was hurt over Jen’s death. Sickening. The joke’s on Williamson and Stupin because they couldn’t resurrect anything related to this series without Michelle unless they claimed the finale was a nightmare merely inside Dawson’s mind because that’s precisely what it was… a nightmare.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

I think you’re right. If there was more time he would have written way more PA scenes and there wouldn’t have been an opportunity to change things up after filming so many scenes and writing such a large chunk of the finale centered around PA. PA certainly would have felt right once Josh and Meredith lit up the screen too.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I still think the unavailability of Meredith Monroe was why we got a P/J ending.

All the other reasons, are as I said, are revisionist. B.S. and people saying what they thought their public wanted to hear.

The whole series was based upon Dawson and Joey figuring out their lives and ultimately ending up together.

Pacey and Andie were the aborted "B" story You have to ask yourself: why was Meredith brought back at the end of season four and the final of the series? To be with Pacey. Which is the only scenario that makes sense.
All of this, yes, indeed.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread