Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2022, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
If Katie's only asset was pretty, what would they call Michelle, and Meredith? Besides those two knew how to act.
Agreed. I never even found Katie particularly pretty. Cute in early seasons DC but that's about it.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Agreed. I never even found Katie particularly pretty. Cute in early seasons DC but that's about it.
Katie had that girl-next-door cuteness in the early seasons of Dawson's Creek, but that cuteness had already started to fade in the later seasons of the show due to her rumored eating disorder (one manifestation of that eating disorder was her hair, as it went from thick to very thin) and now she just looks haggard.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-11-2022, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Katie had that girl-next-door cuteness in the early seasons of Dawson's Creek, but that cuteness had already started to fade in the later seasons of the show due to her rumored eating disorder (one manifestation of that eating disorder was her hair, as it went from thick to very thin) and now she just looks haggard.
I wasn’t aware of the specifics but it all makes sense. She looked very different in the later seasons and we’ve discussed present-day look. This is really interesting. Regarding the eating disorder… it is possible the stupid network praise caused stress/pressure and she tried to control the stress/IT girl status with the eating disorder. Just a theory. She seems very grounded and healthy in S1 and S2. It is clear something shifted after this time period.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I personally think Gretchen was the most beautiful character on the show.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
Saha Alexander was definitely beautiful but she looked too old to be playing a college student who would have been 19 or 20. Granted almost all the actors were older than the characters they played, but with Sasha, she really looked her age (27). She got the role because she had been in Kevin Williamson's failed series Wasteland.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-12-2022, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Saha Alexander was definitely beautiful but she looked too old to be playing a college student who would have been 19 or 20. Granted almost all the actors were older than the characters they played, but with Sasha, she really looked her age (27). She got the role because she had been in Kevin Williamson's failed series Wasteland.
Oh without question she looked too old. It’s especially apparent at the prom.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Meredith Monroe was older, but somehow she managed to look 16/17. I do agree Sasha Alexanda is very beautiful.

Now that I think of it, there is a scene where Meredith looks her age. The episode season two where she was trying to get everyone to go to the school dance, and was dancing around the room. That girl has no rythem. LOL

Any way I was surprised at how old she looked. I thought she was 22/23 not thirty, but that is the only time I noticed it.

I really did like her look in her last scene in the hospital with Pacey. She insisted that she appear as she normally does.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh without question she looked too old. It’s especially apparent at the prom.
Oh my gosh, that is true. It was quite apparent. That said, I still would have taken Dawson/Gretchen over Pacey/Joey.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Interesting. Did he abandon that series as well or just flopped even with him actually sticking around?
Old 04-12-2022, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Meredith Monroe was older, but somehow she managed to look 16/17. I do agree Sasha Alexanda is very beautiful.

Now that I think of it, there is a scene where Meredith looks her age. The episode season two where she was trying to get everyone to go to the school dance, and was dancing around the room. That girl has no rythem. LOL

Any way I was surprised at how old she looked. I thought she was 22/23 not thirty, but that is the only time I noticed it.

I really did like her look in her last scene in the hospital with Pacey. She insisted that she appear as she normally does.
Meredith definitely looked much younger than her actual age!
Old 04-16-2022, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Interesting. Did he abandon that series as well or just flopped even with him actually sticking around?
it flopped even with him sticking around. It only aired 3 episodes in 1999 before ABC cancelled it. Showtime aired the 10 remaining episodes in 2001.

Old 04-16-2022, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
it flopped even with him sticking around. It only aired 3 episodes in 1999 before ABC cancelled it. Showtime aired the 10 remaining episodes in 2001.
Did you watch any of the series?

So all the more, he should have realized being able to create a series is precious enough so why on earth would you abandon your work like he did with both DC and TVD.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Did you watch any of the series?
No, it came and went too fast for me to even be aware that it was on.

Quote:
So all the more, he should have realized being able to create a series is precious enough so why on earth would you abandon your work like he did with both DC and TVD.
Exactly. I'll never understand that. He also had a failed show that Emily was on called Glory Days that only lasted one season and it was cancelled after airing only 9 episodes. I never saw that show either.

Old 04-16-2022, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No, it came and went too fast for me to even be aware that it was on.
Definitely for the best. I had no idea the show even existed.

Quote:
Exactly. I'll never understand that. He also had a failed show that Emily was on called Glory Days that only lasted one season and it was cancelled after airing only 9 episodes. I never saw that show either.
I heard about that one, only because of Emily. I guess we benefitted from that quick series since Emily got recognized.

But wow, Williamson really didn’t care either way. It’s almost like he was content just throwing things against the wall, seeing if they would stick, and if they did, he would still move on and focus on the next project.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread