Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2022, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
I was watching Love Bites and it made me think of something, Joey tells Pacey she “doesn’t feel it” notice how in S3 after the Anti Prom Joey told Dawson when he kissed her “she felt something, something that would probably always be there…….”
Good comparison! Yes, once again, the story clearly showed DJ was the intended pairing that would make it to the finish line (even with all the ridiculous obstacles) whereas PJ were seen as a mistake, not meant to be, unhealthy and nothing of substance to rely on. It is incredible to me what was displayed on the screen and yet we were force-fed that insulting ending which made no sense. I know honest PJ fans who watched that ending and questioned what just happened as it didn't make sense. One in particular said she was expecting a DJ ending but when PJ happened she was shocked and then mad because she wanted to see WHY PJ received the ending. She thought it was a joke and was mad because we never got to understand why Joey dismissed him in S6 and they couldn't make it work, and once again, it always seemed as if Joey's heart was only truly with Dawson. Then the weird ending (her words) made her confused and mad.

So even some PJ fans didn't totally embrace the series finale because it didn't make sense given questions totally went unanswered and were not filled in. Essentially they were admitting PJ stole DJ lines in the finale and it only made sense for DJ, not PJ.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Good comparison! Yes, once again, the story clearly showed DJ was the intended pairing that would make it to the finish line (even with all the ridiculous obstacles)
Even in True Love it wasn’t lost on me during the wedding scene that Mitch & Gale were meant to mirror D/J’s future.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Even in True Love it wasn’t lost on me during the wedding scene that Mitch & Gale were meant to mirror D/J’s future.
Absolutely.

The writers often wrote DJ foreshadowing via other pairings or moments. It was also going on right up until the very last minute when the writers lost their minds and aired that joke of a tacked on ending. I’ve never seen a show self destruct so much and literally go out of their way to do so.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Here’s an extremely tough question, out of 3 4 5 6 which of those 4 seasons did you like best?
Old 02-06-2022, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Here’s an extremely tough question, out of 3 4 5 6 which of those 4 seasons did you like best?
I'd say Season Five, because they were starting college and there was no Pacey and Joey throughout the entire season.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-07-2022, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
5. Zero PJ like Jerry said and it appeared as if they were getting DJ back on track even though we know what happens in the premiere of 6 thanks to James needing time off.

Overall though this season started with DJ and ended with DJ without a gross sign of PJ. The other seasons cannot say as much.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

S6 actually had great potential to be a DJ season if James didn’t bail on the series.

Guaranteed PJ are NEVER revisited and we would have seen DJ and PA reach the finish line in the series finale.
Old 02-07-2022, 04:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
5. Zero PJ like Jerry said and it appeared as if they were getting DJ back on track even though we know what happens in the premiere of 6 thanks to James needing time off.

Overall though this season started with DJ and ended with DJ without a gross sign of PJ. The other seasons cannot say as much.
S5 would be my pick as well. S3 is such a complete mess & S4 I hate the P/J stuff too much. S6 could’ve been ok but as you said it’s ruined by JVDB asking for time off.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
S5 would be my pick as well. S3 is such a complete mess & S4 I hate the P/J stuff too much. S6 could’ve been ok but as you said it’s ruined by JVDB asking for time off.
S5, you could tell there was an attempt to right a wrong in the previous two seasons. I even think that’s why Dawson/Jen were slightly revisited, to bring it back to when the series was actually good in those first two seasons and another Joey is jealous of Dawson/Jen too. I think S6 was set up to be a huge Dawson/Joey season but I will always believe James is the reason we were ripped off from going there; in addition, he is why Pacey/Joey received the tacked on ending and Dawson/Joey’s series finale lines. Without James checking out prematurely Pacey and Joey NEVER happen in S6 and it would have been completely impossible for them to be an option in the series finale. Totally impossible and even Stupin would have understood this.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:48 AM
Administrator

It really stinks that James asked for time off and as a result the plans that they had for reuniting Dawson and Joey were scrapped. Part of me understands why James wanted out, because the show had become a joke, but he was going to be typecast as Dawson anyway, so why not bite the bullet and see the final season through?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-08-2022, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It really stinks that James asked for time off and as a result the plans that they had for reuniting Dawson and Joey were scrapped. Part of me understands why James wanted out, because the show had become a joke, but he was going to be typecast as Dawson anyway, so why not bite the bullet and see the final season through?
Exactly. The show was almost at the finish line. He had one more season left to go. I find it difficult to comprehend how he wouldn’t have wanted the best ending possible not only for his character but for the fans who stuck with the show for six years. He obviously didn’t really care about the fans that supported them and really got screwed over in the end. Even the ones that think that they “won” based on a tacked on ending received utter garbage because it was Dawson and Joey’s ending. Nothing about that series finale made any sense. Not just the triangle. Jen passing away which poked at the character one last time was vile as well as Pacey essentially torturing Doug about his sexuality and being correct he was gay. I still can’t get over how insensitive it was having Pacey make fun of him for possibly being gay and being correct. What a sick joke and many of those higher ups affiliated with the show are gay. Way to make a mockery out of something normal. Wow.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-08-2022 at 02:00 PM
Old 02-09-2022, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New Thread soon.

Title ideas?
Old 02-09-2022, 09:07 PM
Administrator

How about: Everwood Fans who are Dawson/Joey & Pacey/Andie Fans of Dawson's Creek #33: At least Berlanti learned from this disaster of a show!

Old 02-09-2022, 10:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Dawson Creek......The series that got everything important wrong.

Dawson Creek......Lessons on how not to write relationships.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love all three, you guys!

Let’s do it this way... in order!

I’ll put the other two excellent ones in the OP and we’ll make those our next two titles...

So we are set for a while!

ETA: Done! Both titles in OP.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-11-2022 at 09:28 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread