Last Page of Posts on Previous Page
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Honestly, I feel like its Hilarie. lol. I think her VJ days kind of put her in the right spot to "host".
Awe. I loved her during those VJ days. Yes, that makes complete sense.

Quote:
Joy misses quite a bit because of her schedule, and Sophia missed one as well, but to me it feels sort of like its Hialrie/Sophia mostly leading the discussion the majority of the time.
Interesting. Man, all the more I wish Hilarie would talk nicely about Peyton and Leyton.

Quote:
Yeah Im watcing a reactor watch season 9 and Im pleasantly surprised by the storylines that season. Even Chase's storyline that year was more meaningful finally dealing with Chuck and his fathers abuse. IDk where the shift came in but the show as just so much stronger when ti was serious vs when it tried t do the stupid humor stuff.
S9 definitely recovered nicely. It just felt like OTH which I appreciated.

Quote:
I have a question, because I found a document with music on it but... what were your favorite song choices on the series? Can be LP related of course, but also otherwise.
I thought the music on the show was one of the best parts of the show. Outstanding music and a variety of different kinds of music too.

Songs that immediately come to me:

1. Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You - Led Zeppelin
2. The First Cut Is The Deepest - Sheryl Crow
3. The Mixed Tape - Jack’s Mannequin
4. Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez (THIS is my favorite of all time for obvious reasons)
5. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
6. Times Like These - Foo Fighters (Nostalgia and I love this band RIP TH)
7. Maybe Tomorrow - Stereophonics
8. Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional (all Peyton)
9. Wedding Dress - Matt Nathanson
10. Lightning Crashes - Live (one of my favorite 90s bands)
11. Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World
12. 23 - Jimmy Eat World
Old 05-10-2022, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

No problem.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What do you think are the 5 most important relationships on the show?
Old 05-11-2022, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Michelle those are great choices!!!

For me any Leyton song comes to mind always. Wedding Dress for SURE, and it got me into Matt Nathanson. Great music there.

Also 23. Heartbeats of course. MAYBE TOMORROW YES... Also Come On by Ben Jelen and She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. Classic LP music.

Boston and Babe Im Gonna Leave you were SUPER DUPER memorable songs imo.

Also One Tree Hill in the finale. Of course Belief. GAVIN DEGRAWWWW. He's my fav artist of all time. <3

Not Lp related at all btu For Blue Skies is such a good song! Shame it was wasted on BL. lol.

Quote:
Non-biased opinion: Based on what we actual saw/got on the series.
1. Nathan/Haley. I wasnt a fan but its obvious they had a HUGE fanbase and Haley changed Nathan for the better. They were a staple of the show and they survived all 9 seasons which is a big feat.
2. Nathan/Lucas. Overall, they deserved WAY more interactions and scenes then they got considering they were supposed to be the heart of the show. The first 3 seasons were decent btu then the focus kinda shifted elsewhere when it should have remained on them.
3. Brooke/Peyton. Despite their ups and downs, they were clearly the strongest friendship on the entire series imo and hil/sophias chemistry was too good.
4. Lucas/Peyton. They went through a rocky patch in s2 but the rest of the time they were really a staple on the show with such a strong foundation as friends! And of course it hellps that they were the romantic willthey/wontthey pairing of the show.
5. Lucas/Haley. They would be above LP for me in the sense that they were the best friendship but honestly I felt like even though they were portrayed in a better light than BP, I felt like they didnt get that much focus. They were ignored a lot in season 2, and then bits of seeason 3 and 4. It felt like they just gave them scenes here and there to maintain what they had in season 1 but it wasnt as consistent.

Keith/Karen, Keith/Lucas and Keith/Dan were pretty significan relationships at the start but Keith was gone the rest of the series so couldn't really count them. BL had a relationshp and a big fanbase but they were vastly ignored in seasons 6/4 and even parts of 5 and 2, so Im sorry but this not an "important" relationship in my eyes. Quinn/Haley could have been special btu Quinn came in too late. Brooke/Haley were obvously close in the later years but idk, i never bought that friendship. It didnt make sense to me tbh.

Biased-Opinion Based on what I WANTED to be the most important on the show.
1. Lucas/Nathan - again they were brothers so to me, this was the most significan relationship but its too bad it wasn't made the TOP TOP priority.
2. Lucas/Karen/Keith - Again, deserved more focus. The family dynamic should have been the most important thing on the series and it was in season 1, but then kinda dropped. I think we could have gotten way more family moments with these three who imo were the heart of the show in season 1.
3. Lucas/Peyton - For me, they were the reason I watched. I need a ship to root for and these two were it. I wish they had been consistent front he start and the triangle hadn been a part of it but regardless, they kept things interesting for me over the first 6 seasons.
4. Peyton/Haley - I freaking ADORED this friendship and imo they were the best friendship the show had at the start. I wish they had maintained their season 1 status because they were truly kindred spirits imo.
5. Lucas/Haley. Love that they were platonic friends and nothing more. Handled decently well int he series but could have had more, but they did give the show a lot of heart.

5 Favorites, not necessarily the most important haha.
1. Lucas/Peyton
2. Peyton/Haley
3. Brooke/Peyton
4. Nathan/Peyton (I know shocking but i loved their dyanmic, wanted more)
5. Julian/Peyton. I just love Peyton okay!

I liked Dan/Nathan and Dan/Keith in the later seasons but not the earlier ones obviously. Same with Keith/Lucas.
Others I enjoyed: Andy/Karen, Mouth/Rachel in parts, Rachel/Peyton, Rachel/Brooke, Skills/Peyton, Clay/Quinn,
Quinn/Haley, Quinn/Alex, Alex/Julian, Julian/Brooke in parts, Nathan/Brooke, Brooke/Chase
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Michelle those are great choices!!!

For me any Leyton song comes to mind always. Wedding Dress for SURE, and it got me into Matt Nathanson. Great music there.

Also 23. Heartbeats of course. MAYBE TOMORROW YES... Also Come On by Ben Jelen and She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. Classic LP music.

Boston and Babe Im Gonna Leave you were SUPER DUPER memorable songs imo.

Also One Tree Hill in the finale. Of course Belief. GAVIN DEGRAWWWW. He's my fav artist of all time. <3

Not Lp related at all btu For Blue Skies is such a good song! Shame it was wasted on BL. lol.

1. Nathan/Haley. I wasnt a fan but its obvious they had a HUGE fanbase and Haley changed Nathan for the better. They were a staple of the show and they survived all 9 seasons which is a big feat.
2. Nathan/Lucas. Overall, they deserved WAY more interactions and scenes then they got considering they were supposed to be the heart of the show. The first 3 seasons were decent btu then the focus kinda shifted elsewhere when it should have remained on them.
3. Brooke/Peyton. Despite their ups and downs, they were clearly the strongest friendship on the entire series imo and hil/sophias chemistry was too good.
4. Lucas/Peyton. They went through a rocky patch in s2 but the rest of the time they were really a staple on the show with such a strong foundation as friends! And of course it hellps that they were the romantic willthey/wontthey pairing of the show.
5. Lucas/Haley. They would be above LP for me in the sense that they were the best friendship but honestly I felt like even though they were portrayed in a better light than BP, I felt like they didnt get that much focus. They were ignored a lot in season 2, and then bits of seeason 3 and 4. It felt like they just gave them scenes here and there to maintain what they had in season 1 but it wasnt as consistent.

Keith/Karen, Keith/Lucas and Keith/Dan were pretty significan relationships at the start but Keith was gone the rest of the series so couldn't really count them. BL had a relationshp and a big fanbase but they were vastly ignored in seasons 6/4 and even parts of 5 and 2, so Im sorry but this not an "important" relationship in my eyes. Quinn/Haley could have been special btu Quinn came in too late. Brooke/Haley were obvously close in the later years but idk, i never bought that friendship. It didnt make sense to me tbh.

1. Lucas/Nathan - again they were brothers so to me, this was the most significan relationship but its too bad it wasn't made the TOP TOP priority.
2. Lucas/Karen/Keith - Again, deserved more focus. The family dynamic should have been the most important thing on the series and it was in season 1, but then kinda dropped. I think we could have gotten way more family moments with these three who imo were the heart of the show in season 1.
3. Lucas/Peyton - For me, they were the reason I watched. I need a ship to root for and these two were it. I wish they had been consistent front he start and the triangle hadn been a part of it but regardless, they kept things interesting for me over the first 6 seasons.
4. Peyton/Haley - I freaking ADORED this friendship and imo they were the best friendship the show had at the start. I wish they had maintained their season 1 status because they were truly kindred spirits imo.
5. Lucas/Haley. Love that they were platonic friends and nothing more. Handled decently well int he series but could have had more, but they did give the show a lot of heart.

1. Lucas/Peyton
2. Peyton/Haley
3. Brooke/Peyton
4. Nathan/Peyton (I know shocking but i loved their dyanmic, wanted more)

I liked Dan/Nathan and Dan/Keith in the later seasons but not the earlier ones obviously. Same with Keith/Lucas.
Others I enjoyed: Andy/Karen, Mouth/Rachel in parts, Rachel/Peyton, Rachel/Brooke, Skills/Peyton, Clay/Quinn,
Quinn/Haley, Quinn/Alex, Alex/Julian, Julian/Brooke in parts, Nathan/Brooke, Brooke/Chase
Wow. I’m not even adding anything extra. I love your thoughts, all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
1. Lucas/Peyton
2. Lucas/Nathan (should have gotten way more)
3. Peyton/Brooke (same, criminally underused and too much time on a pointless triangle)
4. Nathan/Haley (even if I didn’t love them most of the time, lol)
5. Lucas/Haley (even if they started out good as close friends but severely lacked scenes)
Old 05-12-2022, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Think that's a pretty correct order, even though I would say that LP was more important to the show than BP were,

Quote:
Keith/Karen, Keith/Lucas and Keith/Dan were pretty significant relationships at the start but Keith was gone the rest of the series so couldn't really count them. BL had a relationshp and a big fanbase but they were vastly ignored in seasons 6/4 and even parts of 5 and 2, so Im sorry but this not an "important" relationship in my eyes. Quinn/Haley could have been special btu Quinn came in too late. Brooke/Haley were obvously close in the later years but idk, i never bought that friendship. It didnt make sense to me tbh.
Definitely wish Keith/Lucas, Keith/Dan and even Keith/Nathan got more focus especially since that the show killed off Keith in mid Season 3. But yet again, I don't know whether that's something that the writers planned in the first two seasons at least.

Quote:
Still think Lucas/Nathan still got a bit of focus in Seasons 4 & 5 and I honestly preferred their relationships those seasons compared to S3, since I wasn't really a fan of their conflict in the first half of the season and I didn't really like how it got resolved either. Their relationship definitely took a bit of a backseat in Season 6, which sucked.

Will always hated the writers for what they did to Peyton/Haley after season 1, especially there was no need to pretty throw their relationship under the bus in order to make Brooke/Haley closer.

Think Lucas/Haley's friendship would have been better off if Naley never got married, since their friendship was at it's best post season 1 when Naley were on the outs. The writers definitely never really knew how to write their friendship well when Naley were stable imo.

Quote:
1. Lucas/Peyton
2. Peyton/Haley
3. Brooke/Peyton
4. Nathan/Peyton (I know shocking but i loved their dynamic, wanted more)

My favourites are:

1. Lucas/Peyton
2. Lucas/Peyton/Skills
3. Peyton/Haley
4. Lucas/Haley
5. Lucas/Nathan
Old 05-12-2022, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

1. Lucas/Peyton
2. Lucas/Nathan (should have gotten way more)
3. Peyton/Brooke (same, criminally underused and too much time on a pointless triangle)
4. Nathan/Haley (even if I didn’t love them most of the time, lol)
5. Lucas/Haley (even if they started out good as close friends but severely lacked scenes)
Good list
Old 05-12-2022, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Good list
Thanks!

I like yours too.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
even though I would say that LP was more important to the show than BP were
Im not sure... I think that BP really had a lot of focus through the whole series. Unlike LP there wasn't a season they had "off" imo. Even in season 4 when they werent friends they still got a lot of interactions and focus.

I didnt care at all about Lucas/Nathan after season 5. IMo in general, Nathan got so boring after season 5. He had zero personality. Worse than Lucas imo.

But I do agree, the show turned to the women more and became way more about them then the brothers lol.

Quote:
Will always hated the writers for what they did to Peyton/Haley after season 1, especially there was no need to pretty throw their relationship under the bus in order to make Brooke/Haley closer.
I was fine with BH becoming friends but I hated that they dismissed H/P for it. BH living together was ugh. Again, would have preferred PH instead. They just had so much more in common and that friendship made way more sense to me.

I understood bH more after Peyton left because what could you do there but early BH no.

I liked Skills but i didnt think he was that necessary. There were a lot of useless cahracters.

DO NOT LISTEN TO PODCAST 221!!!! it was horrendous and the worst episdoe yet.

Zero talk of Lucas and Peyton. NONE. They mentioned the "sad" BL scene at the end though... Ew. No thanks.

The girls also drag on about the most useless things! In his one they were complaining that Nathan felt like a counselor with the words of wisdom. Thats something I didnt even notice? Why did they make such a big deal of it??? Ugh.

They also had Brett on who plays Tim, and my god was that man annoying! I really was rolling my eyes the whole time he was talking, it was bad. He was so conceited and name dropping and hyping himself up. He called Tim one note (which sure, he kinda was) but he just seemed SO BITTER about it. Like bro, you were an extra basically??? He really annoyed me.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Thanks!

I like yours too.
No problem

That was just my favourite relationships, not the 5 most important relationships to the show:

That list is:
1. Lucas/Nathan
2. Nathan/Haley
3. Lucas/Peyton
4. Brooke/Peyton
5. Lucas/Haley
Old 05-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Im not sure... I think that BP really had a lot of focus through the whole series. Unlike LP there wasn't a season they had "off" imo. Even in season 4 when they werent friends they still got a lot of interactions and focus.

I didnt care at all about Lucas/Nathan after season 5. IMo in general, Nathan got so boring after season 5. He had zero personality. Worse than Lucas imo.

But I do agree, the show turned to the women more and became way more about them then the brothers lol.
That's fair, but I still consider LP more important to the show.

Agreed with Nathan, but I still liked Lucas in season 6.

True and I'm not sure whether the show was better off for it.

Quote:
I was fine with BH becoming friends but I hated that they dismissed H/P for it. BH living together was ugh. Again, would have preferred PH instead. They just had so much more in common and that friendship made way more sense to me.

I understood bH more after Peyton left because what could you do there but early BH no.

I liked Skills but i didnt think he was that necessary. There were a lot of useless characters.
I didn't mind BH living together, but the writers could have still made PH close at the same time though.

Think Skills was needed imo, especially since he gave the show a break from the drama at times. Definitely think Mouth was pretty pointless though and he could have easily written him out in S6 and the show wouldn't have lost anything at that point.

Quote:

Zero talk of Lucas and Peyton. NONE. They mentioned the "sad" BL scene at the end though... Ew. No thanks.

The girls also drag on about the most useless things! In his one they were complaining that Nathan felt like a counselor with the words of wisdom. Thats something I didnt even notice? Why did they make such a big deal of it??? Ugh.

They also had Brett on who plays Tim, and my god was that man annoying! I really was rolling my eyes the whole time he was talking, it was bad. He was so conceited and name dropping and hyping himself up. He called Tim one note (which sure, he kinda was) but he just seemed SO BITTER about it. Like bro, you were an extra basically??? He really annoyed me.
They barely talked the episode in general, but I'm not that surprised

Yeah, that criticism was weird because I just didn't see that way in the slightest.

Didn't think Brett was annoying at all.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Wow.

That’s so crazy annoying.

What did they say about the stupid BL scene?

This is so lame, Sophia practically shipped LP and hated BL. WTF.
Reply   Post New Thread