Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2020, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianx01 (View Post)
I love this idea. A revival. A brief film. I mean if Veronica Mars could do it, why can't Everwood? Let's phone Greg Berlanti I think I'd want Andy to be alone. He's had enough heartbreak! I'd like to imagine he hangs out with Harold and Rose, Edna, and maybe is the guardian of Sam With that said, how is his relationship with Carl? Is Carl a part of this show, or is he waved away?

If this revival takes place today, the characters are:
Bright: 33
Ephram/Amy: 32
Hannah: ...I guess she's still on the show 31
Delia: 26 (how? )
Sam: 23-ish (if we imagine him to be 8 or 9 when the show ends?)
Harold/Rose: 62
Andy: 62
Edna: 86 (?)

So does the next generation have kids? Do we imagine them with significant others, or single?

Also, someone please correct me if my math is off I am terrible at it.
Great thoughts! I totally agree about Andy. He has way too much going on and this part of his life has been played out nicely. I could see him content and just as energetic as ever. Good question about Carl. You would hope for Sam’s sake he’d somewhat come around. Hey, what did you think of the Veronica Mars revival? I watched the show occasionally and really liked it. I couldn’t believe what they did to the character of Logan. But I didn’t watch the complete series to know if it was a fitting ending? Maybe it did make sense?

Love your Hannah comment...

If you are terrible at math then I’m an ultimate disaster at math LOL but it looks accurate to me!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I love this idea. A revival. A brief film. I mean if Veronica Mars could do it, why can't Everwood? Let's phone Greg Berlanti I think I'd want Andy to be alone. He's had enough heartbreak! I'd like to imagine he hangs out with Harold and Rose, Edna, and maybe is the guardian of Sam With that said, how is his relationship with Carl? Is Carl a part of this show, or is he waved away?

If this revival takes place today, the characters are:
Bright: 33
Ephram/Amy: 32
Hannah: ...I guess she's still on the show 31
Delia: 26 (how? )
Sam: 23-ish (if we imagine him to be 8 or 9 when the show ends?)
Harold/Rose: 62
Andy: 62
Edna: 86 (?)

So does the next generation have kids? Do we imagine them with significant others, or single?

Also, someone please correct me if my math is off I am terrible at it.
I like this idea! Actually, the actress who played Edna, Debra Mooney, is 73 now. She was only 55 when the show started, which surprises me as she looked a lot older than that on the show. They may have aged her for the part like they aged the actress who played Grams on Dawson's Creek, Mary Beth Peil, who was 58 when Dawson's Creek started. So for the purpose of the show, Edna being 86 sounds about right, and the ages of the other characters sound about right too. In real life, Treat Williams (Andy) is 69, and Tom Amandes (Harold) is 71, and Merrilyn Gann (Rose) is 57.

I love your comment about Hannah! Maybe she'd be less annoying by now!

I would think that Karl would play no part in a revival of the show as we never saw him again after him and Nina split up.

On a side note, Debra Mooney totally reminds me of a former co-worker and friend that I had years ago. She looked a lot like Debra Mooney, and she had that same gruff smoker's voice (I don't know if Debra Mooney smoked, but she sounded like she smoked four packs of cigarettes a day! ) and she had the same type of pushy and outgoing personality that Edna had.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I like seeing Debra Mooney on Everybody Loves Raymond. She was only in a few episodes but it was so great seeing her. She's done a lot of work since Everwood actually. She also played a very serious part in a Batwoman S1 episode in 2020. She played an abusive, psychotic mother and man, was she good! The title of the episode was "Off with Her Head" so you can imagine how intense this episode was. She played evil to perfection.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I like seeing Debra Mooney on Everybody Loves Raymond. She was only in a few episodes but it was so great seeing her. She's done a lot of work since Everwood actually. She also played a very serious part in a Batwoman S1 episode in 2020. She played an abusive, psychotic mother and man, was she good! The title of the episode was "Off with Her Head" so you can imagine how intense this episode was. She played evil to perfection.
Wow! I never saw Debra Mooney on Everybody Loves Raymond! I only watched that show occasionally, so I must have missed her. It's sad to know that actors who played Raymond's parents on that show have both passed away, and the actors who played Amy's parents on the show have also passed away.

I'll bet that she did a good job on that Batwoman episode.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-13-2020, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow! I never saw Debra Mooney on Everybody Loves Raymond! I only watched that show occasionally, so I must have missed her. It's sad to know that actors who played Raymond's parents on that show have both passed away, and the actors who played Amy's parents on the show have also passed away.

I'll bet that she did a good job on that Batwoman episode.
She played Marie’s friend. She had a sarcastic dry wit very similar to Edna.

It is really sad. Sawyer Storm Sweeten, who played Geoffrey Barone committed suicide in 2015 at age 19. The Barone children were all played by real life siblings. Twins, Sawyer and Sullivan played Geoffrey and Michael and Ally was played by their older sister, Madylin Sweeten. Both siblings were devastated after his suicide.

Debra was fabulous. On a couple message boards, people who didn’t know her kept asking who she was and what all she’s been in. So many people jumped at the chance to say she is an amazing actress and was on a show called Everwood... suggesting everyone watch Everwood.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
She played Marie’s friend. She had a sarcastic dry wit very similar to Edna.
That's great!

Quote:
It is really sad. Sawyer Storm Sweeten, who played Geoffrey Barone committed suicide in 2015 at age 19. The Barone children were all played by real life siblings. Twins, Sawyer and Sullivan played Geoffrey and Michael and Ally was played by their older sister, Madylin Sweeten. Both siblings were devastated after his suicide.
I remember reading about that. It was so sad.

Quote:
Debra was fabulous. On a couple message boards, people who didn’t know her kept asking who she was and what all she’s been in. So many people jumped at the chance to say she is an amazing actress and was on a show called Everwood... suggesting everyone watch Everwood.
Wow, that's awesome!

Old 12-13-2020, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's great!

I remember reading about that. It was so sad.

Wow, that's awesome!
So very sad.

His twin and sister are advocates for helping others with depression snd fighting against suicide which is wonderful.

I posted this on her thread when she was on Batwoman:

Quote:
If you want to see her for a second go to 1:30...

You will see what type of character she plays:

Old 12-13-2020, 09:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, Debra Mooney was only 55 on Everwood? I thought about placing Edna in our revival at Debra's actual age but then realized it didn't make sense with Harold/Rose/Andy

She was great in that clip; thanks for sharing

I like to imagine Hannah would get less annoying as she grew up/went to college/experienced the world. She still might be introverted, prefer books to parties, but she also could be less stringent in her views and ideals.

Michelle, I liked the VM movie and the show, though I agree I didn't like the end. I won't rewatch it/haven't seen it since I saw it a year or two ago.

I would like to think if Everwood did a short season 5/revival like that, Berlanti would not make it as dramatic! I suspect we'd see the opening like usual with Harold and Andy parking near each other and going into their offices and maybe Amy running behind them to signify her new role as doctor too (and running late because of the kids or something). It could be a holiday special of some sort (aka Christmas/Chanukah/New Years/reunion/birthday who knows) so that Delia could come back to town (she seems more like a Denver city girl to me ) and Bright (aka Chris Pratt) could make an appearance via FaceTime with his family. Although I'm sure CP is grateful for what the show did for him, he has a busy schedule and I suspect thats the way to "bring Bright back" without having to have Chris really tangle his movie schedule around too much. It'd be neat if they referenced some old patients Dr. Brown and Dr. Abbott had to remember the show Maybe Edna has passed and thats why they're all getting together

The show ended beautifully (albeit rushed - #poorStephanie) with an opportunity if the network/Berlanti/the cast ever wanted to do a reunion/show/movie, it would be possible.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow, Debra Mooney was only 55 on Everwood? I thought about placing Edna in our revival at Debra's actual age but then realized it didn't make sense with Harold/Rose/Andy

She was great in that clip; thanks for sharing
No problem!

Quote:
I like to imagine Hannah would get less annoying as she grew up/went to college/experienced the world. She still might be introverted, prefer books to parties, but she also could be less stringent in her views and ideals.
That would be ideal. You would think she could become less stringent. I mean, as is, she was so rigid and inflexible. No idea how she thinks she has a chance with Bright long-term like this.

Quote:
Michelle, I liked the VM movie and the show, though I agree I didn't like the end. I won't rewatch it/haven't seen it since I saw it a year or two ago.
Did you like Logan/Veronica? Yes, I cannot believe they went there. What a fck you to the fans.

Quote:
I would like to think if Everwood did a short season 5/revival like that, Berlanti would not make it as dramatic! I suspect we'd see the opening like usual with Harold and Andy parking near each other and going into their offices and maybe Amy running behind them to signify her new role as doctor too (and running late because of the kids or something). It could be a holiday special of some sort (aka Christmas/Chanukah/New Years/reunion/birthday who knows) so that Delia could come back to town (she seems more like a Denver city girl to me ) and Bright (aka Chris Pratt) could make an appearance via FaceTime with his family. Although I'm sure CP is grateful for what the show did for him, he has a busy schedule and I suspect thats the way to "bring Bright back" without having to have Chris really tangle his movie schedule around too much. It'd be neat if they referenced some old patients Dr. Brown and Dr. Abbott had to remember the show Maybe Edna has passed and thats why they're all getting together

The show ended beautifully (albeit rushed - #poorStephanie) with an opportunity if the network/Berlanti/the cast ever wanted to do a reunion/show/movie, it would be possible.
Great thoughts!
Old 12-13-2020, 02:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes I was a V/M shipper. I didn't like what season 4 did for Veronica, or Logan. I can't figure out the spoiler tag here...so I'm trying not to say too much

Jerry I'd also like to think Carl would never show up. Andy would raise Delia and Sam after Nina's passing. I wonder if Andy would be a better stepdad to Sam since he knows how he screwed up with Ephram. (I mean by the end of the show, Ephram and Andy are on better terms, but his teen years )
Old 12-13-2020, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's totally okay to talk spoilery regarding VM. It has already hit the screen. The rule here is if a show or movie has aired the material, it is not a spoiler anymore. So absolutely no need for tags.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So very sad.

His twin and sister are advocates for helping others with depression snd fighting against suicide which is wonderful.
That really is wonderful.

Quote:
I posted this on her thread when she was on Batwoman:
Wow! She was so dark and malevolent there!

Old 12-13-2020, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That really is wonderful.

Wow! She was so dark and malevolent there!
She really is. She was chilling, absolutely fabulous. Her character was an abusive, both emotional and physical, dangerous, delusional psychopath. She turned a little girl absolutely crazy and into an eventual murderer as an adult. A really serious storyline, to be sure.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
When you posted earlier, I decided to look up the ages of the actors, and I was shocked when I saw how old Debra Mooney was. I thought that she was a lot older.

Quote:
I could see that happening too. I still wouldn't want her married to Bright though!

Quote:
I love this idea and it really could work.

Quote:
The impression I had from the scene where Amy went to talk to Stephanie about Ephram was that although Stephanie liked Ephram, if him and Amy got back together, she wouldn't have been too upset. I just re-watched the Bright and Ephram "You danced with the Devil last night. It fogged your brain, clogged your drain" scene and it was so hilarious, but it also showed how much Ephram still loved Amy and he was still concerned about her. We hardly got to know Stephanie, but Bright had a point that Stephanie brought no drama to the table, as he had witnessed all the drama with Madison and with Amy, so in his dim-witted way he was just trying to look out for Ephram. For a second there I was worried that Ephram was going to take Bright's misguided advice, but obviously he didn't. That scene was also good because it showed how close Bright and Ephram had become.

Old 12-13-2020, 08:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Everwood, it's complicated in this revival,man......... If we go by the TV show, Harold Abbott in 2020 would be 68. But if we place Edna at, say, Debra Mooney's real age she's only 73. That's a 5 year difference

I can't believe how young she was on Everwood, though. But that's the brilliance of acting, right

I honestly don't think Bright and Hannah would end up together in the end. I think Amy and Ephram would/get married/have kids. But I think Hannah is in a relationship with Bright for a bit of time just to realize her worth and her importance. I could picture her being a youth leader in a church, which just does not suit Bright at all no matter how much they tried on the show to make us ship them... I think if Hannah had loosened up a bit in season 4 (not to the extreme Party Girl phase, but more conversational, more doing things other than introverting and hanging out at home --- to add, there's nothing wrong with that but she was too much of it to the point where she had zero personality), I think she and Bright would be a better match. She wasn't right for Bright or Topher but it doesn't mean she has to be alone. I could imagine Bright with someone who likes to cook, but could handle a beer or two

Like I could imagine Hannah and Bright still together at Amy and Ephram's wedding, but breaking it off very quickly after that