Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
I think that Emily`s lovely smile was a bigger help.
I know!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Time for some copy & paste stuff:

Photocall for the TV Series 'Revenge' during the 52nd Monte Carlo TV Festival - June 12, 2012

That's great, Emily has been at the 50th festival as well and then she was with Luke Macfarlane. Very nice. Also Grey posted a 40 minute long video from the Variety Emmy Studio Panel, where Emily was with this OUAT actress GG and Jessica Pare. I'm going to watch it soon.

Great to have some Emily this week.

The interview is really, really great! The 4 ladies are a lot of fun to watch (the 2 ones I didn't know before as well), but I wonder to what Emily relates this quote:

Quote:
“I played characters before that I really didn’t connect with and wasn’t having lot of fun with.”
That sounds strange. Besides her 4 tv characters, she didn't do many movies and not having a lot of fun with a small role would be strange, I would only mention it if it was some major stuff. I could imagine Sam from "Glory Days", and Rebecca from "B&S". She doesn't say which roles it was, but of course she's too nice and too clever to say anything bad about characters she has played in the past. What do you think about that?

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 06-12-2012 at 07:00 PM
Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Great pictures!

She's definitely talking about Rebecca for one. She's never really truly come out and said it but you could tell from some of her interviews that she didn't really like being on Brothers & Sisters in the later seasons.

Not sure what other roles she would be talking about. I'm assuming not Everwood or Beyond the Blackboard. Norman looked like a good movie (when the heck is that getting released, heh?) so maybe not that either. I didn't think Carriers was that good and I heard her part was written in at the last minute so maybe that's another?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
She's definitely talking about Rebecca for one. She's never really truly come out and said it but you could tell from some of her interviews that she didn't really like being on Brothers & Sisters in the later seasons.
Yeah, she left the show before the end, and for too long (season 1, season 2 and even season 3), her character was standing in the shadows of the Walkers, of course, she was just a supporting character. And she wasn't really more than a typical young adult, they could've given her her own stories, but she just had the fights with mommy and Justin. But she's too nice to say anything bad and you don't do that, it's stupid to do so, it's like in the talk here she said that there are actors who want their show to end and she doesn't like that attitude. She took the show as a learning experience and still to get a good role for a young actress isn't that easy to find, so B&S was fine altogethe for Emily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I didn't think Carriers was that good and I heard her part was written in at the last minute so maybe that's another?
Emily couldn't show anything of her talent here, she was just a character but not more. Maybe it was that one. Or Glory Days. It was definitely a suprise to me Emily saying that, but in this industry nobody tells the truth, you know those interview where everybody always says that they love the cast and the director is awesome and it's so much fun, big show. Emily didn't show it, she gave her best, even though she struggled a bit.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

She's definitely talking about Rebecca. She's just too nice and smart to come out and actually say it. But from all the interviews with her I've read and watched since she left B&S, it's clear to me that she was not happy on the show for a while. Can't really blame her. They gave her crap storylines for her last two seasons. Her decision to leave was probably the best career decision she ever made.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Emily made the right move in getting off the sinking ship that was Brothers & Sisters.

Also here are some more great new pics of Emily over in Monte Carlo.

Here are some observations about these great new pics:

1. Emily in a bikini = a very hot and sexy tight.

2. She needs to be in next year`s S.I Swimsuit Issue.

3. Joshua Bowman can`t keep his hands off of her, which i don`t blame him for doing.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Hot Rod, I think I love you.

Thanks for the pics!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You most definitely have to catch up on Revenge, Michelle!! That is imperative!!

• I absolutely love the series!
  • I love Emily in in Revenge, but I have to give the edge to Emily in Everwood. That show has a huge piece of my heart that will never be replaced. That was a very special show to me and Amy.....Ephram.....etc will always be the most dear to me.
  • Emily's character on Revenge is just wonderful...her beauty alone is enough reason to watch....but her acting is over the top. I would give Emily's acting on Revenge the edge over her acting on Everwood...as great as it was. Her facial expressions...her eyes....her anger....her strength are something to behold on Revenge. I can't imagine anyone else playing the part of Amanda. She's just perfect !

Hop to that, Michelle. Catch up!
Great analysis, Betty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
That's the right thing to do, who needs a rewatch if you can watch Revenge for the first time.
LOL, exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
She's so modest, though I'm sure she knows about all the love she gets for portraing Amy Abbott. Hm, I really love that character, but her showing more than 2 different sides on Revenge is also a lot of fun and unexpected, so far after 4 seasons it will be Amy but with more Revenge that could change. The big difference between her previous roles and Emily Thorne is that she's a fully grown up, independent woman, she is able to show her side and not be the nice girl, which she was most of the time in her tv past, of course some bad days she had but nothing too dramatic. Hm, I like Emily playing this half-dark character, but there's a really good balance here, it's not that she's constantly portraying evil, I honestly wouldn't like Emily to play such a character, I don't think that would be good for her. As Thorne, Emily's in control, she isn't just the girl for the boy or the daughter, she isn't really afraid of contfrontations, can fight, gets angry and is deceiving people around her. Interesting to watch that on screen, off screen Emily is such a sweetheart and that has to stay that way. Hope that somehow answers your question, not 100% sure. But on all shows since Everwood, Emily does the best with her role, I really love watch she does, it's not just the character, oh no, she can portray different emotions in a great way, she can play everything from nice to angry to crying with just small mimic moves, I realize that when I look at some screenshots form her past shows, it's easy to see what her character is feeling just by looking at a picture. Even though she's playing a not so nice character here, it works great for me.
Wonderful thoughts, Matt.

I am going to watch and be caught up by next season, count on it! Considering I am so far behind, I have decided to watch right from the beginning so I remember everything. I will post thoughts over on OT2 and/or here as I move along.

Oh and I love which picture won for survivor. That is my favorite picture/scene of Amy. LOVE IT!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tfnt.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Hot Rod, I think I love you.

Thanks for the pics!
I`m very flattered that you think that highly of me.

Also here are the pics from Emily`s now classic covershoot for Flare.

who-is-the-fairest-of-them-all
Old 06-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you guys think? Do you prefer Emily more natural or the way she looks in the photos above ^^^^^^ with loads of makeup?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

Hm that's gonna sound dirty, but I like her both ways . I think that without make up she looks very natural young lady (even younger than she is). And with makeup she is beautiful grown up woman which is sexy .
Old 06-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I prefer the natural looking way I guess, as long as Emily is playing dress up only for photo shootings, I'm totally fine with her doing untypical Emily pictures. But she appears like 2 different persons, private Emily and photoshoot Emily are not the same.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
I prefer the natural looking way I guess, as long as Emily is playing dress up only for photo shootings, I'm totally fine with her doing untypical Emily pictures. But she appears like 2 different persons, private Emily and photoshoot Emily are not the same.
I agree with this. I prefer the Natural Emily.

Quote:
And with makeup she is beautiful grown up woman which is sexy .
She's also very sexy without the makeup.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

I agree that she is sexy without makeup, but for me she is sexier (in a totally different way) when she has it. It's just totally different look. I like her both ways, don't get me wrong. It's just without make up she looks like 22 (she's lucky ), with makeup she looks like 26-27 and that just seems different, but in a good way.

I just have nothing against the fact that she appears this way in photoshoots, because honestly that gives her a bit more mysterious look. Then again I'm woman and I clearly don't know what men like. I'm just saying that I dig both appearances for different reasons.

Plus I have to say she's not overusing the makeup and it's not like she wears some weird colors (like purple with big amount of eye liner or something like that). Even in these photo shoots she still looks very styled.

I'm also a woman who doesn't wear too much make up, but make up does make a difference, when it's used to underline the beauty. Granted some women use it to make a mask for their face, but that's definitely not the case here .