Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

#1 eliminated.

Emily/Amy Picture Survivor III: Funny Faces

Rules of Picture Survivor: Vote for your least favorite picture. Everyone gets one vote per round. After each round, which will last 2-3 days, the picture with the most votes will be eliminated. And so on and so forth until one picture remains.

As always, pics provided by Emily VanCamp Online

Old 02-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#10 this time.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

#10 for me too. I'm kind of interested to know the story of why she's making that face. She looks all angry!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
#10 for me too. I'm kind of interested to know the story of why she's making that face. She looks all angry!
#10 is a screen capture from her appearance on Letterman back in 2005. She was talking about how people in her hometown recognize her as a VanCamp by her jawline. Hence her pointing at her jaw.

Last edited by GreyEyes; 02-17-2009 at 08:23 PM
Old 02-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Hee. Emily's adorable on interviews. And not on interviews! But still, we need more interviews. That Bonnie Hunt one should only be the tip of the iceberg!

By the way, we'll need a new title in the next little while for a new thread, so while you're voting, give us some ideas too. Preferably related to the pics/Survivor game we have going.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How about: Emily"Muffins"VanCamp/Amy Abbott#14: She can never be ugly even when she tries!

(I think that's probably too long! All suggestions are welcome!)
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought we already had a new thread title. You even put it in the OP, Tos. Maybe you just forgot.

Emily "Muffins" VanCamp/Amy Abbott #14: The Princess of Primetime!
or
She's the Princess of Primetime!

Either one works.

ETA: Get voting people!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Addicted Fan

#9... still scary.

Princess of Primetime!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To all of you posters on this Emily thread.....we welcome your votes in the New Ephram survivor contest in the Ephram thread.

ETA:: GreyEyes
, You seem to be the only person besides me who still watches Brothers and Sisters. What did you think of Sunday's episode?

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-18-2009 at 08:36 PM
Old 02-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought we already had a new thread title. You even put it in the OP, Tos. Maybe you just forgot.
Oops! Hee. Yeah, that was definitely a lapse in memory. You should all be used to that from me by now.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
ETA:[/B]: GreyEyes[/B], You seem to be the only person besides me who still watches Brothers and Sisters. What did you think of Sunday's episode?
Well, I really can't not watch Brothers & Sisters. Not as long as Emily is on it. For me, that would be like trying not to breath.

I liked most of Sunday's episode. But my opinion may be a bit biased since it featured a lot of Emily. I like that they're having Rebecca get closer with her dad and there were some really touching little moments that I liked between the two ( airport scene). That's really when I think Rebecca is at her best on the show, when she's dealing with family issues, particularly issues about her lack of a father figure growing up. I think that's a big part of who she is. So when they deal with it in depth like they did Sunday, it's kind of like a window into Rebecca and why she acts the way she does a lot of the time. For instance, her tendancy to run away during a fight. She seems to get that from her father. I'm interested in seeing where it's going and just how involved David is going to be in her life now. Plus, I'm a sucker for storylines involving grown-up women forming relationships with fathers they never knew. I don't know why, I just always liked that angle.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sticking with #7
Old 02-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
I liked most of Sunday's episode. But my opinion may be a bit biased since it featured a lot of Emily. I like that they're having Rebecca get closer with her dad and there were some really touching little moments that I liked between the two ( airport scene)..
That's how I felt about the episode, as well. I mentioned in the OT: TV thread that I wasn't too thrilled with how Rebecca's dad treated her at first. I'm so happy that he came to his senses and they had that touching scene at the airport.

I realize why many people have stopped watching this show....too soapy, borderline incest. I... like you... watch because I do enjoy some of the characters..especially Emily. I just love watching her....not only because she's beautiful...but her facial expressions and how she speaks in so many scenes remind me of scenes in Everwood. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Bumping this up for a few more votes before the next round. We've only got four, people, you can do better than that! I'm sure some of the regular voters are just a little slow this round. That better be it, or else. Hee.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I realize why many people have stopped watching this show....too soapy, borderline incest. I... like you... watch because I do enjoy some of the characters..especially Emily. I just love watching her....not only because she's beautiful...but her facial expressions and how she speaks in so many scenes remind me of scenes in Everwood. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Yeah, I can definitely understand why some people stopped watching. And I concur about the Emily fuzzy feelings.

I'm just glad she's on TV. Come to think of it, us EVC fans have kind of been spoiled in that regard. First she was on Everwood for four years. Once that ended she was only off of TV for maybe a year, with a guest stint on L&O: SVU. Then she joined Brothers & Sisters as a regular. I can't imagine what it'll be like when B&S ends. I'm so used to Emily being on TV. I mean, I'd love for her to do some big movies eventually, but that'll probably mean we see a lot less of her. I guess we should just enjoy this while it lasts.

Quote:
We've only got four, people, you can do better than that!
Yeah, we're missing some people this round.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread