Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Alex and Michelle! I tried to do a "Mod" thing and changed the title a little! Those are the only words that I was allowed to fit!
I hope that it makes you two feel at home here as ever!

Tos, Please feel free to adjust the title at will! It was a rush job.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

The crepe era is back on! *throws confetti!* Hee. Thanks, Betty, it looks great.

We're snowed in again. Luckily we have no plans to go anywhere today or tomorrow, but wow, it is insane out there. Probably another four to six inches of snow last night, and people cannot get out of our cal-de-sac. Yeesh. Someone has their van parked in the middle of it, tried digging out around it, and ultimately gave up. Poor guy.

Quote:
Man, 'Tos! I'm just going to extend a general "get well" to everyone in your immediate vicinity, because apparently Christmas is dangerous in British Columbia, heh.
Thanks, hee. I did get a headache while shopping yesterday if that counts? I think it was all that crappy Christmas music, though.

Quote:
Yep -- Intro to Music, World Music, and Jazz History (I was also dying to take History of Western Music I and II, but the prerequisite was four semesters of Music Theory, and that wasn't going to happen, hee), and, on the performance front, piano and violin. Piano was sort of a formal refresher of things I'd learned growing up, whereas violin was something I decided to learn on a total whim the semester before graduating. Made for a nice, mostly mindless break from the intensity of that final year, though I kind of wish I'd done it sooner in order to have given myself the time to become better at it.
Wow, that's really cool! Piano from a young age? You're Ephram! Hee. Now you've got to go find a socially inept kid to teach and then share your wisdom on life with him. The violin looks difficult. Can you play the theme from "Schindler's List"? Hee, it's just that I know two people that play the violin, and when people are around, that is what they play that people will know.

Hee, it sounds like we both need to get a job answering in the awkward moment after a prof asks a question. I did that for my whole awesome Shakespeare class; there were only about eleven of us in the whole class, only about five of us showed up, and only two of us answered questions on a regular basis. The prof was great too, so as unfair as it was for him, I kind of really enjoyed being one of the two that actually put my hand up. I felt like such a teacher's pet, hee.

Quote:
but within about the first week of that class, she decided that she was my close friend, and would just be so earnest and overinterested in my classes and my day-to-day life and my post-college plans that it drove me up the wall. You don't know me, lady, so back off! Geez.
Ha! Oh no, that gets a little creepy to say the least.

You should have said typing at 70 WPM was actually a fluke and you really only type 20 WPM, heh.

Quote:
(Though, the last tape did offer the hilarity of listening to an interviewer who kept cutting into her interview subject's answers by sharing totally irrelevant stories from her childhood. The interviewee's subsequent total disregard for everything the interviewer said was kind of amusing in its way.)
Hehe, that sounds like an odd, odd interview! That would totally fit in on something like Friends or Seinfeld. Incompatible interviewer and interviewee where the interviewer doesn't care what the interviewee is saying, and the interviewee doesn't care what the interviewer is saying! Hee. Were you chuckling along while you were typing?

Quote:
Sometimes I want to start a tiny country somewhere, where being able to write and analyze texts are genuinely marketable skills, heh.
Ooh! All of us English majors would come and take all the books with us!

at the ad!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 12-24-2008 at 02:54 PM
Old 12-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Someday, someone will decide to pipe genuinely good Christmas music through mall and store sound systems. And that person will win the Nobel Peace Prize, for his or her work in preventing crappy-holiday-music-induced rage and violence.

Quote:
Wow, that's really cool! Piano from a young age? You're Ephram! Hee. Now you've got to go find a socially inept kid to teach and then share your wisdom on life with him. The violin looks difficult. Can you play the theme from "Schindler's List"? Hee, it's just that I know two people that play the piano, and when people are around, that is what they play that people will know.
Heh, I'm no Ephram, alas. We've just always had a piano and piano instruction books, so my mother taught me the basics and the instruction books helped fill in the rest. No Schindler's List theme; actually, my favorite pieces to play are jazz/blues, so...I guess that makes me Kyle, but older, a girl, and straight, hee. (Just as sarcastic and socially inept, though.)

Quote:
I did that for my whole awesome Shakespeare class; there were only about eleven of us in the whole class, only about five of us showed up, and only two of us answered questions on a regular basis. The prof was great too, so as unfair as it was for him, I kind of really enjoyed being one of the two that actually put my hand up. I felt like such a teacher's pet, hee.
Oh, so you were that other person in my Shakespeare class! Hee.

How, er, dedicated are your classmates to their classes? Just curious, because most of the time I was one of a very small percentage of students in a given class who actually did and understood (and enjoyed) the assignments. I figure that apathy is the norm, but I'm just wondering if there are schools where there are more than two or three students in a class who care about what they're doing, hee. (Group projects were always great fun, heh.)

Quote:
You should have said typing at 70 WPM was actually a fluke and you really only type 20 WPM, heh.
"Oh, that? Oh, yeah, I, um, drank 9 espressos that morning. Made me type like a madwoman but also kept me awake for four days. Had some crazy hallucinations that third night, ha ha! But you still want me to transcribe the tapes? *looks at keyboard* Gee, I don't think...Ack! WHERE'S THE E?! Oh. Wait, now the R...hmm..." *takes twenty more minutes to locate next letter*

Maybe I'll try that next time, hee. Well, maybe not exactly that, because I kind of need to be able to use this guy as a reference, heh.

Quote:
Hehe, that sounds like an odd, odd interview! That would totally fit in on something like Friends or Seinfeld. Incompatible interviewer and interviewee where the interviewer doesn't care what the interviewee is saying, and the interviewee doesn't care what the interviewer is saying! Hee. Were you chuckling along while you were typing?
Heh, it actually really only got funny in retrospect, since the interviewer also kept talking over her subject, which meant I went crazy having to rewind the tape over and over again in an effort to figure out what each person was saying! The best part, though, was probably the fact that the interviewer kept referring to her friendship with the interviewee (they were both researchers from the library), while the interviewee responded to all these asides with an "Uh-huh..."

Quote:
Ooh! All of us English majors would come and take all the books with us!
Sounds like a plan! I'll bring the poetry anthologies, Victorian and 1930s British novels, and time travel fiction; how about you?

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 12-24-2008 at 06:06 PM
Old 12-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Hi y'all. I'm home. No more warm weather, but it's not too too bad here in NY, so I'm happy. Also just happy to be home, heh.
I made my icon.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Hi y'all. I'm home. No more warm weather, but it's not too too bad here in NY, so I'm happy. Also just happy to be home, heh.
You brought back the warm weather with you, Gaby. The weather is exceptionally mild in NY today.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

I don't think I've ever seen you on this late, Betty! Christmas miracle? Hee. Oh, I'm annoying!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 12-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I don't think I've ever seen you on this late, Betty! Christmas miracle? Hee. Oh, I'm annoying!
I went to a late Mass....didn't have decaf and now I have a second wind!
Old 12-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

How was mass? Did you see Gaby? She went too! Wow, wouldn't that be crazy if you happened to go to the same church in such a big region like that? Although I'm sure you didn't go to NY for mass, hee, that would a be a bit weird.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
How was mass? Did you see Gaby? She went too! Wow, wouldn't that be crazy if you happened to go to the same church in such a big region like that? Although I'm sure you didn't go to NY for mass, hee, that would a be a bit weird.
No, I don't attend NY masses...I just root for NY teams.

The weather went from frigid the last couple of days to absolutely balmy tonight. I didn't even need my coat! Very strange......but nice.

I really think that I should go to sleep now......it's almost time to wake up!
Old 12-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

Probably a good idea. I'm tired, and it's three hours earlier here! Have a great night and a great Christmas.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

Plus, I'm in upstate NY (well, mid-state, to be more accurate as I'm from Albany).

Merry Christmas, Everwoodians!
I made my icon.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Plus, I'm in upstate NY (well, mid-state, to be more accurate as I'm from Albany).
I have a friend who recently graduated from Rensalair University in Troy, NY. Is that where you live, Gaby?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:31 AM
buffyannAlex

about the title ! Merry Christmas everyone !

Old 12-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have a friend who recently graduated from Rensalair University in Troy, NY. Is that where you live, Gaby?
I think you mean Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (sometimes called Rensselaer, but I usually abbreviate it to RPI), and it's near where I live, yes. RPI is about seven miles from my mom's new apartment. I did this special program called New Visions in my senior year of high school and our graduation was in the student union at RPI. I also did a three-week science enrichment program between 8th and 9th grades at RPI. I'm still friends with one girl I met there. Also I saw the Hush Sound, Panic at the Disco, Phantom Planet, and Motion City Soundtrack at the RPI Field House last May.

Okay, I'm done listing my associations with the college
I made my icon.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, I'm done listing my associations with the college
Well, Gaby, it's definitely an excellent college to be associated with!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread