Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2024, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Good point. Depending on what you use you might want to shower after the bath as well.
Exactly.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 08:44 PM
Administrator

It’s funny how the most innocuous thing can bring back a flood of memories and make you remember how much you miss a beloved parent that has passed away. Someone on Facebook posted a hilarious scene from the movie Blazing Saddles where Madeline Kahn did this hilarious spoof of Marlene Dietrich from the Movie The Blue Angel, and in the song “I’m Tired” she says to someone in the audience “Is that a 10-Gallon Hat, or are you just enjoying the show?”

That brought back the memory of seeing that movie in the movie theater in 1974 with my father (we used to go to the movies together a lot when I was a teenager, just me and him) and he cracked up when she said that line, and I smiled thinking of that memory, but that smile turned into tears, because I miss him so much. At the end of this month, he’ll be gone 28 years, and there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t think of him and my mother, and I miss them both so much, and sometimes, the memories and tears just come flooding back all these years later.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It’s funny how the most innocuous thing can bring back a flood of memories and make you remember how much you miss a beloved parent that has passed away. Someone on Facebook posted a hilarious scene from the movie Blazing Saddles where Madeline Kahn did this hilarious spoof of Marlene Dietrich from the Movie The Blue Angel, and in the song “I’m Tired” she says to someone in the audience “Is that a 10-Gallon Hat, or are you just enjoying the show?”

That brought back the memory of seeing that movie in the movie theater in 1974 with my father (we used to go to the movies together a lot when I was a teenager, just me and him) and he cracked up when she said that line, and I smiled thinking of that memory, but that smile turned into tears, because I miss him so much. At the end of this month, he’ll be gone 28 years, and there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t think of him and my mother, and I miss them both so much, and sometimes, the memories and tears just come flooding back all these years later.
What a story.

I have another one… look on the Treat thread and notice the date… 2/10 mid-afternoon I mentioned how you went to the Treat movie with your father. See how everything is connected? I was thinking of you and your father at the movies a couple days ago, your father was thinking about it too and then suddenly you had another sign of your movie watching with him because he wanted to insert that energy and movies your way to think about your connection with him.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Good to hear.
Yes it is
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What a story.

I have another one… look on the Treat thread and notice the date… 2/10 mid-afternoon I mentioned how you went to the Treat movie with your father. See how everything is connected? I was thinking of you and your father at the movies a couple days ago, your father was thinking about it too and then suddenly you had another sign of your movie watching with him because he wanted to insert that energy and movies your way to think about your connection with him.
Wow, that's so true, it really was a sign from him! Thanks Michelle!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-13-2024, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yes it is
Still super hot your way?
Old 02-13-2024, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow, that's so true, it really was a sign from him! Thanks Michelle!
Old 02-13-2024, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 02-13-2024, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 02-14-2024, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Still super hot your way?
Yes, unfortunately
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yes, unfortunately
Dang, that sucks. Any relief soon?
Old 02-14-2024, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I officially have major insomnia.

Tried sleeping several times. It’s after 4 AM and I’ve gotten only 30 minutes of restless sleep so far.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I officially have major insomnia.

Tried sleeping several times. It’s after 4 AM and I’ve gotten only 30 minutes of restless sleep so far.
Oh this sucks ! Any idea why it happened? Hopefully you get to get a couple hours of sleep at least till the morning !
Old 02-14-2024, 07:03 AM
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that Michelle.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Reply   Post New Thread