Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2022, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
This is a joke but many years ago, when the Roman Catholic Mass was still in Latin, like it was when I was a kid in The Bronx, the response to "Dominus vobiscum" (The Lord be with you) was "Et cum spiritu tuo" (And with your spirit), but then the church changed it to "And also with you" when the Mass was said in English after Vatican II, but now it's gone back to "And with your spirit," to get the translation closer to the original Latin. I still tend to say "And also with you," because I said it for so many years, but I have to correct myself and say "And with your spirit" when I go to Mass.

I hear you, Jerry! I remember those days. LOL

I honestly miss the Latin.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Plans this weekend?
Old 06-10-2022, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess I was the only one here not raised with any religion and never went to church once. lol.

No Michelle, I get back from hawaii July 1.

Usually my sister comes down to the beach with the kids and we have fun here. They probably will again, but I bet my mom will be so sick of the kids by then after watching then for 3/4 days. lol.

Quote:
Oh no! Symptoms?
-HORRIBLE sore throat, to the point where I feel like I cant swallow. My throat issues have been so bad whenever I get sick
-Weird water up the nose feeling
-Stuffy and runny nose, both.
-Cough and some sneezing.
-Horrible headaches. Was feeling so down and fatigued a few days ago.

Compared to the last 2 times (when I covid and then my earlier cold) this one is more mild but still, its just annoying. Its definitely not allergies because i havent been outside and I never had problems when we wore masks. Its just being around DAMN KIDS!!! I had to yell at my class on wednesday again for coming right up to my face to ask a question. Its so irritating. Im like "raise your hand if you have a question and stay away from me!" im sorry, it was annoyed.

Thank god it was my last class of the year, well, my last official class. this coming week will be our "fun" classes with games. And then NO KIDS ALL SUMMER. Hallelujah. I am SO READY for the break!
Old 06-10-2022, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

-HORRIBLE sore throat, to the point where I feel like I cant swallow. My throat issues have been so bad whenever I get sick
It is so unlikely that you would get covid again so soon, but this sure sounds like covid! So sorry you are going through this! You need to not be congested when you get on your plane.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:06 PM
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear that Alexa and I hope that you feel better soon.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-10-2022, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I hear you, Jerry! I remember those days. LOL

I honestly miss the Latin.
I miss the Latin Mass too.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-10-2022, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I guess I was the only one here not raised with any religion and never went to church once. lol.

I grew up Catholic and went through the Communion and Confirmation. Once I hit early 20s, I turned way more Spiritual. I do not consider myself religious anymore, so a way better definition is now Spiritual.

Quote:
No Michelle, I get back from hawaii July 1.
Ah, got it!

Quote:
Usually my sister comes down to the beach with the kids and we have fun here. They probably will again, but I bet my mom will be so sick of the kids by then after watching then for 3/4 days. lol.
How old are the kids?

Quote:

Compared to the last 2 times (when I covid and then my earlier cold) this one is more mild but still, its just annoying. Its definitely not allergies because i havent been outside and I never had problems when we wore masks. Its just being around DAMN KIDS!!! I had to yell at my class on wednesday again for coming right up to my face to ask a question. Its so irritating. Im like "raise your hand if you have a question and stay away from me!" im sorry, it was annoyed.

Thank god it was my last class of the year, well, my last official class. this coming week will be our "fun" classes with games. And then NO KIDS ALL SUMMER. Hallelujah. I am SO READY for the break!
I don't blame you for wanting more space while teaching. Congrats on the school year coming to close!

I am so sorry to hear you have symptoms. Those symptoms sound so irritating. Are you prone to Strep Throat? Typically you don't get cold-like symptoms with Strep but your throat sounds like it hurts so much. Any fever?
Old 06-11-2022, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-11-2022, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-12-2022, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-12-2022, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-12-2022, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Nah...it's raining here. lol
Old 06-12-2022, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Nah...it's raining here. lol

It doesn't look too good here either. Very cloudy and depressing looking.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-14-2022, 08:24 AM
Administrator

I like this cartoon, but let's face it, Lucy didn't treat anyone with respect!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread