Everwood

Old 06-05-2022, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-06-2022, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh no. Where is her husband going? Yes, that’s too close to when you guys leave! Maybe you can just fully take over and plan things? Will your brother house-sit, no problem, when asked?
Her husband goes fishing in Alaska every summer or an entire month. I love when hes gone. I usually stay at her house and help with the kids. It's so nice having that time with my sister. I always love summer.

He leaves June 20. Our Hawaii trip is June 25-July 1. I leave in 18 days! I'm not ready at all and there is a lot to be done haha.

My mom also wants to go to Ireland/Scotland or Sweden at some point. But I told her to hold of on that for a little while. I dont want to spend a lot of money right now. Plus my computer may be on the outs. And its a mac, so they are pretty expensive if I have to buy a new one.

I already have taken over the majority of the plans. I booked the flights. I booked the hotel. (and paid for everything) I'm gonna most likely be paying for whatever the second thing we decide to do is. She did pay for the ziplining at least and I am making her pay for her own food. But yeah, i paid for everything else really. So I am not paying for the car! We will probably have to take taxis places. Which I hate.

And my brother sometimes wnats to help, sometimes doesnt. We havent told him we are going to Hawaii though.... he probably wont be happy with that that we didnt invite him. But well, my brother drives me crazy. I told my sister to tell him "Alexa is taking me to Hawaii for a sister trip" so he doesnt feel too bad.

Me and him did our own sibling trip to Hawaii in nov 2019 so I hope he doesn't mind.

But usually I will housesit for her because he bails or doesnt want to do it, so Im not sure what shes gonna do. Not my problem lol. If it were me I would have had it all sorted out months ago, but she waits until last minute, its insane. She has barely talked to my mom about watching the kids! The plan was to have my mom watch them for 3 days at the beach, then meet her husbands parents in town and they would watch them the remaining 5 days. but she hasnt even sorted all that out or made the arrangements. Again, ridiculous.

Quote:
Hey, how did your mom overall like her European trip?

PS: If you want to delay rewatch for a week or two while you’re in Hawaii like we did for Betty when she was in Europe let us know! Tell us what you need.
She liked it a lot but her friend Bobby drove her crazy. Apparently she was a bit of a cheapskate and tried to skimp out on paying tips at restuarants and such. She had to get her room becasue she couldnt stand sharing with her since her friend likes its hot and likes to sleep in late and my mom likes to get up early and shes always hot so she wanted the windows open and such.

Quote:
Just stay in the water! lol You're going to have a ball. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii.
Well, we'll see. My diet has been a failure and I havent lost anymore weight except the 3 ppunds from weeks ago. Im trying to focus on workouts at least to tone up but tried on outfits yesterday and felt so horrible in all of them. Not feeeling confident in my body at all, so I certainly will not be walking around in a bathing suit. If we can find like private ish areas on the beach then I will, but most likely that wont happne cuz im sure itll be crazy busy in june. So yeah.... ill probably just hide away. long skirts/dresses and long shorts/tshirts are likely the least amount of clothing ill feel comforable wearing haha.

I am trying to find some nice breezey clothes though. Planning to shop tomorrwo to look for some cute dresses. And I do have an adorable bathing suit cover I feel confident in at least.

I am trying not to care about that stuff and just have fun with my sister but well, thats just how i am.

oh and i dont really need a break necessarily becasue I tend to watch 2 episodes at a time, so I will try to watch 2 or 3 before I leave. But if other people want we can take a break for a few weeks. Or even a month or so before we start the final season? Im good with whatever.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
oh and i dont really need a break necessarily becasue I tend to watch 2 episodes at a time, so I will try to watch 2 or 3 before I leave. But if other people want we can take a break for a few weeks. Or even a month or so before we start the final season? Im good with whatever.
I will respond to the rest after my meeting but OKAY, sounds good!

We just wanted to give you this option, of course! But if you don't need extra time, awesome, we will absolutely keep moving along.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Her husband goes fishing in Alaska every summer or an entire month. I love when hes gone. I usually stay at her house and help with the kids. It's so nice having that time with my sister. I always love summer.
That is wonderful! You guys get to spend quality time together and not have him around influencing anything which is perfect. I bet she really needs that recharge/break as well, along with the kids! One month, that is the best.

Quote:
He leaves June 20. Our Hawaii trip is June 25-July 1. I leave in 18 days! I'm not ready at all and there is a lot to be done haha.
I bet! It will be all worth it after all the planning.

Quote:
My mom also wants to go to Ireland/Scotland or Sweden at some point. But I told her to hold of on that for a little while. I dont want to spend a lot of money right now. Plus my computer may be on the outs. And its a mac, so they are pretty expensive if I have to buy a new one.
Ohhh, what a great future trip though. Oh man, yes, my one niece owns a mac. They are outstanding but like you said, spendy! Where do you get it fixed if you need to go there?

Quote:
I already have taken over the majority of the plans. I booked the flights. I booked the hotel. (and paid for everything) I'm gonna most likely be paying for whatever the second thing we decide to do is. She did pay for the ziplining at least and I am making her pay for her own food. But yeah, i paid for everything else really. So I am not paying for the car! We will probably have to take taxis places. Which I hate.
You are such an amazing sister doing this for her. She knows it, too.

Quote:
And my brother sometimes wnats to help, sometimes doesnt. We havent told him we are going to Hawaii though.... he probably wont be happy with that that we didnt invite him. But well, my brother drives me crazy. I told my sister to tell him "Alexa is taking me to Hawaii for a sister trip" so he doesnt feel too bad.

Me and him did our own sibling trip to Hawaii in nov 2019 so I hope he doesn't mind.

But usually I will housesit for her because he bails or doesnt want to do it, so Im not sure what shes gonna do. Not my problem lol. If it were me I would have had it all sorted out months ago, but she waits until last minute, its insane. She has barely talked to my mom about watching the kids! The plan was to have my mom watch them for 3 days at the beach, then meet her husbands parents in town and they would watch them the remaining 5 days. but she hasnt even sorted all that out or made the arrangements. Again, ridiculous.
Hopefully your brother will understand! What are the age differences between you three? Does your sister work and does she just have a difficult time asking for favors? Did your mom consider going with you guys to Hawaii?

Quote:
She liked it a lot but her friend Bobby drove her crazy. Apparently she was a bit of a cheapskate and tried to skimp out on paying tips at restuarants and such. She had to get her room becasue she couldnt stand sharing with her since her friend likes its hot and likes to sleep in late and my mom likes to get up early and shes always hot so she wanted the windows open and such.

Are they still talking now? Man, yes, I can understand why your mother was bugged by her behavior. You don't go to Europe and not want to spend some money. Why go otherwise? I would go NUTS in a hot room without it being cool. I do not blame your mom!

Quote:
Well, we'll see. My diet has been a failure and I havent lost anymore weight except the 3 ppunds from weeks ago. Im trying to focus on workouts at least to tone up but tried on outfits yesterday and felt so horrible in all of them. Not feeeling confident in my body at all, so I certainly will not be walking around in a bathing suit. If we can find like private ish areas on the beach then I will, but most likely that wont happne cuz im sure itll be crazy busy in june. So yeah.... ill probably just hide away. long skirts/dresses and long shorts/tshirts are likely the least amount of clothing ill feel comforable wearing haha.

I am trying to find some nice breezey clothes though. Planning to shop tomorrwo to look for some cute dresses. And I do have an adorable bathing suit cover I feel confident in at least.

I am trying not to care about that stuff and just have fun with my sister but well, thats just how i am.
Awe. you are going to have fun and I have a feeling what you look like is not that bad at all, but you are you so being a bit hard on yourself. But hey, what you are wearing I would wear regardless even with a so called fit body because I don't like suits and such so it all sounds good to me.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-07-2022, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Where do you get it fixed if you need to go there?
I wont get it fixed, I will just buy a new one when the time comes. I dont like taking my computers in and having them go through my stuff and try to save files and get my passwords... no. I dont trust people.

Quote:
Hopefully your brother will understand! What are the age differences between you three? Does your sister work and does she just have a difficult time asking for favors? Did your mom consider going with you guys to Hawaii?
My sister is 3.5 years older, then me, and then my brother is 7 years younger than me, and 10 years younger than my sister.

I think she has a difficult time asking because she doesnt want to burden people. It means I end up getting asked a lot!

And no, we didnt invite my mom . For one thing, she doesnt lke hot weather and she would never in a millon years be in a bathing suit in front of anyone lmao

For another, she just got off her europe trip and wouldnt want to find someone to watch the cats.

And lastl,y its just a trip for me and my sis which i basically paid for (plane and hotel). I dont think i could have gotten her to go if I hadn't of offered that. My mom doesn twant to spend more money either, her brother paid for their trip to Europe.

Quote:
vI have a feeling what you look like is not that bad at all, but you are you so being a bit hard on yourself.
Well thank you, but I will say you have no idea what I look like. With that said, I know that i am more insecure about myself and that other people could probably care less. I have gone to the waterpark with my sister and kids and been in a bathing suit but always felt extremely uncomfortable the entire time. Hawaii will be a bit better beause i think we can hpefully find some private beach areas or private areas by the pool maybe but who knows. I dont really plan to just lay out and tan ALL DAY. I know my sister wants to but i also want to explore the island and walk around and maybe hike etc. I am really looking forward to it though. Cuz when I went to kauai with my brother it rained SO MUCH and also he and i dont get along as well and we still amanged to have a really nice time. The atmosphere there is just so... happy and uplfiting. Exactly how you imagine hawaii to be. So i KNOW me and my sis are going to have a blast! We are going to drink together too and thats awlays a good time haha.

I think I asked already Michelle but do you have plans for this summer? When were you going to take that lake trip agian? Are you close to any family and what about your g/fs family? Do they all like you? lol.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I wont get it fixed, I will just buy a new one when the time comes. I dont like taking my computers in and having them go through my stuff and try to save files and get my passwords... no. I dont trust people.
I do not blame you.

How long have you had the current computer?

Quote:
My sister is 3.5 years older, then me, and then my brother is 7 years younger than me, and 10 years younger than my sister.
Got it. That is a great age gap between you guys.

My sister is 4 years older than me. I like the age gap. Not close enough where we feel we have to do everything together but still close enough where we understand and have interest in the same things, lol.

Quote:
I think she has a difficult time asking because she doesnt want to burden people. It means I end up getting asked a lot!
I bet. It is good she feels comfortable with you. I am sure it doesn't help that your brother-in-law is so loud and dominating too. :/

Quote:
And no, we didnt invite my mom . For one thing, she doesnt lke hot weather and she would never in a millon years be in a bathing suit in front of anyone lmao

For another, she just got off her europe trip and wouldnt want to find someone to watch the cats.

And lastl,y its just a trip for me and my sis which i basically paid for (plane and hotel). I dont think i could have gotten her to go if I hadn't of offered that. My mom doesn twant to spend more money either, her brother paid for their trip to Europe.
That makes sense.

This is perfect for you and your sister and SO SO nice of you to pay for the big things. That is so kind of you.

Quote:
Well thank you, but I will say you have no idea what I look like. With that said, I know that i am more insecure about myself and that other people could probably care less. I have gone to the waterpark with my sister and kids and been in a bathing suit but always felt extremely uncomfortable the entire time. Hawaii will be a bit better beause i think we can hpefully find some private beach areas or private areas by the pool maybe but who knows. I dont really plan to just lay out and tan ALL DAY. I know my sister wants to but i also want to explore the island and walk around and maybe hike etc. I am really looking forward to it though. Cuz when I went to kauai with my brother it rained SO MUCH and also he and i dont get along as well and we still amanged to have a really nice time. The atmosphere there is just so... happy and uplfiting. Exactly how you imagine hawaii to be. So i KNOW me and my sis are going to have a blast! We are going to drink together too and thats awlays a good time haha.
You will definitely have a blast!

I've always imagined Hawaii to have great energy, really peaceful and calming. Sounds so good!

Quote:
I think I asked already Michelle but do you have plans for this summer? When were you going to take that lake trip agian? Are you close to any family and what about your g/fs family? Do they all like you? lol.
The 4th of July will be the first Lake trip. I can't wait!

Well, as far as family, I am close with everyone in my family. LOL. Sister, very close, nieces, close with them too. You know how close I was with my mom. My dad and I are pretty close too. I wouldn't confide in him like I did my mom but I do tell him some things. Oh and my brother-in-law is pretty cool too. I love talking sports and going out for a drink with him. He's a great guy, a terrific father.

As for as her family... yes, supposedly they like me. I will get back to you after the 4th trip and hopefully I can say the same thing. Her parents are very very liberal, super nice, and her brother is the same! Her brother is married to a character, however, but at least she's liberal is all I can say about her.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-09-2022, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Angela is back at work, one day a week only, for the Government today, lol. She literally went in this morning for the first time since February 2020.

It will be every Thursday and only one day a week in the long-term unless a stupid Republican gets in there, and then it could go back to 4 days a week. Working from home the rest of the time. She has a super high up position (got promoted even higher during the pandemic) and I am fascinated seeing her office and pictures/videos she's sending right now.

Even in person I will NEVER be able to go in there with her. The building is secure since it's Government... so no one, significant others, children, can go in at all. Her retirement party many years from now is the only time I will be able to go inside I guess.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-09-2022 at 07:36 AM
Old 06-09-2022, 07:49 AM
Administrator

I have to be in the office 3 days a week now and I hate it. I'm much happier and more productive at home. COVID cases are up here and me and several other people at my job, including my boss, have gotten it, and my company doesn't care. It's infuriating.

That's awesome that Angela is doing so well at her job.

I hope your 4th of July trip is fantastic!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-09-2022, 08:04 AM
Administrator

My computer is only 3 years old and it works great, but I found out that the processor I have can't work with Windows 11, which is coming, so I'd either have to get a new processor or a new computer if I want Windows 11. I checked and a new processor would cost more than getting a new computer, but I don't want to get a new computer so I'm going to leave things as is. The planned obsolescence with computers and cell phones is infuriating.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-09-2022, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-09-2022, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Yes, Pigpen had a good heart.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread