Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2022, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Not realy. My sister doesn't want to plan anything until her husband leaves, which he left today, but its a bit too late. Im frustrated because she never got the car she was supposed to rent. Then she tells my mom she is worrid because she has no money right now and doesn't know how shes going to afford things in hawaii. I already payed for the flight and hte room and i am essentially going to be paying for the car to remain at the airport, all she needs to pay is food! Like damn. Its a once in a life time trip. and it makes me mad because if it were her husband, no problem,but becasue its her, spending money is a no no. So effing annoying. But I dont care, I have money saved and if I spend a lot this trip, then fine. I dont care. Its worth it. And Im gonna try my hardest to just go with the flow and not fight and just relax. Whatever she wants to do, fine, Ill go with it lol. I wanna have a good time and eat and drink and thats it haha. 6 days of no thinking!
Exactly! As a Capricorn, you need the no thinking every so often since all we do is think.

But yes, I understand what you're saying about your sister. Yes, just go with the flow. You guys will have a good time, you DESERVE this.

Quote:
I just hope the bnb is okay because Ive been hearing some horror stories.
Oh man, really? I've never stayed in one.

Quote:
I have that derm appintment tomorrow and then I can finally start relaxing a bit becasue that has been making me anxious.
I hope it goes smoothly!

Quote:
I will prob. clean and pack tomorrow though cuz Im antsy lol. At least i am feeling good about my weight and better about my body though!
That's a big time plus.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I was wrong about the price to replace the compressor... and a couple other things... it's going to be around $3000.00. That's still better than a full unit which isn't necessary. It's hard to explain but this guy my dad knows checked everything and found a way to just replace what was necessary, not everything. Other companies would never go there, they would say you need a new unit, period. While 3 grand isn't cheap, it's better than paying for an entirely new unit.
Old 06-21-2022, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last edited by jediwands; 06-22-2022 at 08:25 AM
Old 06-22-2022, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

What is the temp there Michelle? Last week when I was in town it was still pretty cool. I think the hottest it got here was around 72 or so. So that was nice. Im on the coast so of course its always coldish here. Hawaii is supposed to be like high 80s and muggy yikes. But im ready for some sun. So happy i dont have to be in the heat this summer!

Well, that derm appointment was a FAILURE like i assumed it would be. I had the worst anxiety all day and I just KNEW something was going to go wrong. Of course when i get there they tell me I needed a referal. Which I had! Like freaking 2/3 referrals that ended up getting canceled. So she went to double check, came back and told me that it has to be a referal from a primary doctor. And i dont have a pd right now cuz I switched insurance. I didnt have one because i wasn't really ever going to the doctor or needed anything at the time. UGH. Im so irritated!!! It would have been freaking nice if they could have told me all this before I made the appointment and went! Also, why the heck would they have made the appointment in the first placee without checking that there was a referal from it since Im a new patient!??? make it make sense!!!

I HATE doctors and insurance so damn much after all this, what a nightmare.

Also, it took me MONTHS to even get this appointment with my PD in august!!! So now I have to deal with this annoying eczema/psoriasis or whatever it is for another dang month. SIGH.

Diet was going well but then after that ordeal i got mad and I went and got a mocha and cheated lol. But, I dont realy care. There are like 70 hours til my trip, I'm not gonna look any different in the next few days. Plus im gonna gain weight while im there so whatever. Im over it now lol.
Quote:
Oh man, really? I've never stayed in one.
I stayed in one last time I went to hawaii and it was fine, but I guess a lot of BnBs now are just not really good at like keeping the places clean and having things available to guests. Also some people have found camera's in these places, which is creepy AF. I'll be checking for camera's immediately. But damn, hotels were so expensive. Actually the whole trip is gonna be spendy, just the taxi to the bnb is gonna be like 50$.

I am all packed and ready but I think I probably took too much!

Quote:
it's going to be around $3000.00.
EXCUSE ME WHAT...
Old 06-22-2022, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What is the temp there Michelle? Last week when I was in town it was still pretty cool. I think the hottest it got here was around 72 or so. So that was nice. Im on the coast so of course its always coldish here. Hawaii is supposed to be like high 80s and muggy yikes. But im ready for some sun. So happy i dont have to be in the heat this summer!
Nice! The weather in Oregon sounds lovely. The past three days here in the Twin Cities it was almost 100 but with humidity "felt like" 105. It was awful. It is also pretty rare for it to get that hot, even during the hottest time periods in the summer. We just had horrible luck having a stretch of such high temperatures and AC trouble. It is back to 70s/80's today. So sometimes we get into the high 90s but if it goes there we're talking a couple days, max, then goes back to healthier summer temps like today. No idea how Jerry lives in Houston with the heat and humidity… I wouldn’t make it.

Quote:
Well, that derm appointment was a FAILURE like i assumed it would be. I had the worst anxiety all day and I just KNEW something was going to go wrong. Of course when i get there they tell me I needed a referal. Which I had! Like freaking 2/3 referrals that ended up getting canceled. So she went to double check, came back and told me that it has to be a referal from a primary doctor. And i dont have a pd right now cuz I switched insurance. I didnt have one because i wasn't really ever going to the doctor or needed anything at the time. UGH. Im so irritated!!! It would have been freaking nice if they could have told me all this before I made the appointment and went! Also, why the heck would they have made the appointment in the first placee without checking that there was a referal from it since Im a new patient!??? make it make sense!!!

I HATE doctors and insurance so damn much after all this, what a nightmare.

Also, it took me MONTHS to even get this appointment with my PD in august!!! So now I have to deal with this annoying eczema/psoriasis or whatever it is for another dang month. SIGH.
Another example of why this country sucks right now.

So literally, you couldn't see the Dermatologist yesterday?

What is wrong with this country?!?!?!

Quote:
Diet was going well but then after that ordeal i got mad and I went and got a mocha and cheated lol. But, I dont realy care. There are like 70 hours til my trip, I'm not gonna look any different in the next few days. Plus im gonna gain weight while im there so whatever. Im over it now lol.
You deserved that mocha!

Quote:
I stayed in one last time I went to hawaii and it was fine, but I guess a lot of BnBs now are just not really good at like keeping the places clean and having things available to guests. Also some people have found camera's in these places, which is creepy AF. I'll be checking for camera's immediately. But damn, hotels were so expensive. Actually the whole trip is gonna be spendy, just the taxi to the bnb is gonna be like 50$.

I am all packed and ready but I think I probably took too much!
Yikes about the cameras. Hopefully the one you are sharing with your sister is good to go!

I always overpack but better to over than under!

Quote:
EXCUSE ME WHAT...
Yep.

Not only that... it is STILL not fully fixed! The guy is returning today to figure out why the compressor keeps turning off. It is a nightmare but thankfully much cooler today. But if we need a new unit, the price will go up to around 7 grand so hopefully he figures it out today.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-22-2022 at 08:48 AM
Old 06-22-2022, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-23-2022, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-24-2022, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh NO, i went to Texas ONCE. Never again.

Quote:
So literally, you couldn't see the Dermatologist yesterday?
NOPE.

Thank goodness I went to a place here in town instead of my old clinic which is an hour away... I just KNEW i wasn't gonna be able to get in... And the sad thing is, its a simple rash that could probably be easily cured with some cream. (im hoping, i dont want to be on long term medication for this) but now i have to wait til the end of august grrr. Its painful. My elbow and foot are extremely itchy and painful and bleeding... and its been this way for like 2 years. My own fault for not going earlier but ive been try to see a derm now for 3 months now...

Quote:
Not only that... it is STILL not fully fixed! The guy is returning today to figure out why the compressor keeps turning off. It is a nightmare but thankfully much cooler today. But if we need a new unit, the price will go up to around 7 grand so hopefully he figures it out today.
whattttt.

I am baffled by this. That sounds mighty expensive.

Can you not buy one of those window ac things?

We dont really need ac here, it never gets that hot. And my room is very cool. I actually have the heat on right now

I leave in about 12 hours!! Going to my sisters house first to finish planning and sleep for a bit and then we leave her house around 2:30 am! I am excited!!

I will try to post pics when i get back, but probably wont be back posting until like July 2 or 3!
Old 06-24-2022, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ugh NO, i went to Texas ONCE. Never again.

NOPE.

Thank goodness I went to a place here in town instead of my old clinic which is an hour away... I just KNEW i wasn't gonna be able to get in... And the sad thing is, its a simple rash that could probably be easily cured with some cream. (im hoping, i dont want to be on long term medication for this) but now i have to wait til the end of august grrr. Its painful. My elbow and foot are extremely itchy and painful and bleeding... and its been this way for like 2 years. My own fault for not going earlier but ive been try to see a derm now for 3 months now...
That sucks so much.

I was just at the Dermatologist for two different kinds of rashes and she gave me two creams. We still don't have the air fixed so the sweating isn't helping and probably delaying the creams to do their magic too.

What do you think yours is? Like an Eczema or Psoriasis? They both can look similar and I wasn't sure what my deal was. For me it's heat rash and eczema because my skin is super sensitive, always has been, which is unusual because while I have Polish/Slovak blood, and I'm definitely white, my skin isn't pale or fair either. It tans easily but has always been super sensitive. It runs in the family because my Maternal Grandmother/one niece are the same way.

I hope you are able to control it some before you finally get to the appointment that they should have allowed you to have the other day.

Quote:
whattttt.

I am baffled by this. That sounds mighty expensive.

Can you not buy one of those window ac things?
It is expensive and we aren't even replacing everything. Yes, we could do that for sure but the home we bought has all very unique tech stuff. It's hard to explain. It would benefit us in the long-run to use what is already here. But if this guy doesn't come today and totally fix everything I am going to be so pissed. LOL.

Quote:
We dont really need ac here, it never gets that hot. And my room is very cool. I actually have the heat on right now
Wow, that's so awesome.

Quote:
I leave in about 12 hours!! Going to my sisters house first to finish planning and sleep for a bit and then we leave her house around 2:30 am! I am excited!!

I will try to post pics when i get back, but probably wont be back posting until like July 2 or 3!
YAY! Have so much fun! Looking forward to pictures!
Old 06-24-2022, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-26-2022, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My sister, brother-in-law, nieces are going up north for the week. We’re going over there to stay while they’re gone to watch their senior dog but making sure Buddy leaves Hershey alone. LOL. I have a childhood friend in town so we’ll all be over there.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-26-2022 at 07:00 AM
Old 06-26-2022, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
My sister, brother-in-law, nieces are going up north for the week. We’re going over there to stay while they’re gone to watch their senior dog but making sure Buddy leaves Hershey alone. LOL. I have a childhood friend in town so we’ll all be over there.
I hope that they have a nice trip and that you all enjoy your time at Kris' house!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy

Last edited by jediwands; 06-26-2022 at 07:00 AM
Old 06-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I hope that they have a nice trip and that you all enjoy your time at Kris' house!
Thanks!

They are going here… https://www.craguns.com/

… one of the best lakes in the state, and even country for that matter. They were going to go to Lake Superior up in Duluth, which is also awesome too. But these areas are so pretty in Minnesota, which truly is a gorgeous state.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 06-26-2022, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Thanks!

They are going here… https://www.craguns.com/

… one of the best lakes in the state, and even country for that matter. They were going to go to Lake Superior up in Duluth, which is also awesome too. But these areas are so pretty in Minnesota, which truly is a gorgeous state.
Wow, that's wonderful! It looks like a beautiful place!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread