Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2022, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow Betty that is cool!

Quote:
But man, the gambling thing is so weird! It is sad. Can they stay here or are they forced to go back? You can definitely understand why they would like being here and getting away from those rigid rules. Wow.
Yeah I had no idea they werent even allowed to gamble when they were in another country. I find that so odd. And apparently Korea is getting a new trump like leader in control so its scary time over there and they are gonna have a lot less freedom. Also BTS are so huge that every politician and whoever wnats them in their corner but like BTS are totally LGBT friendly and not for that sort of behavior... I hope they refuse. But then he can make things way harder for them, like forcing them to do their military service.

Quote:
What an idiot. He knew it hurt you or he as so arrogant he wasn’t listening. Do you have another follow up with him? I guess the good news is he personally looked it and said no infection, healing fine but still… what a prick!
I think he didnt realize how much pain I was really in until I started crying, btu even so it was almost liek he was annoyed me, like he thought I was being a big baby or something. Which, thats fine if for other people it doesnt hurt, but for me it does. Maybe my pain tolerance isn't that high but jeez. I found it super jerky.

I have a follow up appointment iwth him on the 29th but if its not feeling better by then I am not going to see him. I will request to see someone else or go somewhere else to check it. Because yeah, not going through that again. My arm hurt all of last night and today because of what he did...

even now its feeling strange, and before I went in it was starting to feel better, so im just super irritated and annoyed.

The good thing is I got more pain meds and i dont have to change the dressing twice anymore.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Wow Betty that is cool!

Yeah I had no idea they werent even allowed to gamble when they were in another country. I find that so odd. And apparently Korea is getting a new trump like leader in control so its scary time over there and they are gonna have a lot less freedom. Also BTS are so huge that every politician and whoever wnats them in their corner but like BTS are totally LGBT friendly and not for that sort of behavior... I hope they refuse. But then he can make things way harder for them, like forcing them to do their military service.
That is awful. We can sit and rip apart the red states in this country, but man, I think at this point I'd even prefer US red state issues because I couldn't imagine being so controlled like other countries do to their people. This new potential leader sounds like a nightmare. Wow.

Quote:
I think he didnt realize how much pain I was really in until I started crying, btu even so it was almost liek he was annoyed me, like he thought I was being a big baby or something. Which, thats fine if for other people it doesnt hurt, but for me it does. Maybe my pain tolerance isn't that high but jeez. I found it super jerky.
... and completely unnecessary. The only reason why he digs and is rough is if he notices you are infected and it isn't healing properly so he has to internally do stuff to help get rid of the infection. Otherwise, he said you were healing perfectly, which should mean... keep doing what you are doing and I won't be a prick and show you how to do something that is unnecessary or try to toughen you up mentally. WTF.

Quote:
I have a follow up appointment iwth him on the 29th but if its not feeling better by then I am not going to see him. I will request to see someone else or go somewhere else to check it. Because yeah, not going through that again. My arm hurt all of last night and today because of what he did...

even now its feeling strange, and before I went in it was starting to feel better, so im just super irritated and annoyed.
Does he work with partners or is it just his clinic? If there's a group of surgeons, 100%, I would request a follow up appointment with one of the other surgeons. In fact, I would call right now and explain I want to see someone else on the 29th. You deserve it and shouldn't have to think about seeing him again. Certainly, if you need someone sooner, ask for someone else.

Quote:
The good thing is I got more pain meds and i dont have to change the dressing twice anymore.
Good!

Does it feel better overall minus more pain he caused you?
Old 04-21-2022, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 04-21-2022, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 04-21-2022, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Alexa, thanks!! Giraffes are the most majestic animals I’ve ever seen and they are so therapeutic to just sit and watch. So graceful and so gentle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
^^^ Wow. That is one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen! Amazing. Majestic. How long will you be there? What a unique trip/journey you’re on!
We are here for four days. Such a great place! Our cabin is in the perfect location and there are always animals roaming around in front of our deck. It’s like a constant show! You would love it.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Alexa, thanks!! Giraffes are the most majestic animals I’ve ever seen and they are so therapeutic to just sit and watch. So graceful and so gentle.

We are here for four days. Such a great place! Our cabin is in the perfect location and there are always animals roaming around in front of our deck. It’s like a constant show! You would love it.
I’m sure I would! Sounds like a supremely unique experience. How far from where Nadine and family live and how do you feel?
Old 04-21-2022, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 04-21-2022, 02:19 PM
Administrator

When I was a kid, I would run home to watch the Gothic Soap Opera Dark Shadows. My favorite character on the show was the reluctant vampire Barnabas Collins, and I always wanted to get a replica of the silver handled cane that he had on the show, but it was out of my price range. I finally found a place that offered this cane at a more reasonable price, so I ordered one and it arrived today. It's neat that over 50 years after the last episode of this show aired, I now own a memento from the show that played a big part in my childhood. I also have a replica music box that was featured on the show, and a Dark Shadows Snow Globe, so my collection is now complete. Here are a few pictures of that cane.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-21-2022, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ Wow, that's amazing, Jerry! I love it!

I've never heard of this show before. What was it like?
Old 04-21-2022, 05:05 PM
Administrator

It was a Gothic Soap Opera that was on from 1966 to 1971. It had vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and zombies, and it all centered around a family in the fictional town of Collinsport Maine. I found it fascinating as a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-21-2022, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It was a Gothic Soap Opera that was on from 1966 to 1971. It had vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and zombies, and it all centered around a family in the fictional town of Collinsport Maine. I found it fascinating as a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows
This sounds really interesting! I can see why you were intrigued. It is amazing you tracked down a memento from the show that played a big part in your childhood. Did you watch with anyone like your parents?
Old 04-21-2022, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
This sounds really interesting! I can see why you were intrigued. It is amazing you tracked down a memento from the show that played a big part in your childhood. Did you watch with anyone like your parents?
No, I watched it by myself, but I had some friends who loved it like me and we'd talk about the shows after we watched them.

Old 04-22-2022, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No, I watched it by myself, but I had some friends who loved it like me and we'd talk about the shows after we watched them.
I see. Did it have a better ending than Dawson's Creek?
Old 04-22-2022, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I see. Did it have a better ending than Dawson's Creek?
Yes it did, but any ending would be a better ending than the ending we got on Dawson's Creek!

Old 04-22-2022, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes it did, but any ending would be a better ending than the ending we got on Dawson's Creek!
That’s a fact.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread