Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2022, 01:54 PM
  #61
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
That’s very interesting.

A lot of people here in America are fascinated by Asian culture. I always find it interesting because I’m not one of those people to be honest, and like you even said many Asians that are here and have to go back don’t want to.
I've never been interested in Asian culture either, but I also didn't really get to experience it when I went to Japan because it was strictly a business trip. One thing I noticed is that the hotel rooms there are tiny compared to any hotel room here, even a Motel 6! They squeeze people into the smallest space possible when you stay there.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-19-2022, 02:11 PM
  #62
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I've never been interested in Asian culture either, but I also didn't really get to experience it when I went to Japan because it was strictly a business trip. One thing I noticed is that the hotel rooms there are tiny compared to any hotel room here, even a Motel 6! They squeeze people into the smallest space possible when you stay there.
Wow, yeah. I suppose since they are highly populated people live on top of each other as is. They also love making money too.

On business and in the military, what countries have you been to, Jerry?
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-19-2022, 02:55 PM
  #63
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Wow, yeah. I suppose since they are highly populated people live on top of each other as is. They also love making money too.
Correct on both counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
On business and in the military, what countries have you been to, Jerry?
On business I've only been to Japan and Canada, and I went to Puerto Rico once with the military.

On personal trips, I've been to Mexico and various islands in the Caribbean, and many years ago I went on a mini-tour of Europe with my best friend. We went to Brussels Belgium, Amsterdam, Frankfurt Germany, Innsbruck Austria, a small town in Austria called Köflach where they raise Lipizzaner horses that they send to the Spanish Riding School in Vienna, and then we ended up in Vienna Austria. It was a great trip.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-19-2022, 05:00 PM
  #64
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143,336
That’s very interesting jerry!

I am a fan of bts and they just did a concert here in the US in Las Vegas and a few of the members said they didn’t want to go back to Korea but everything is so much free-er here lol. Kinda sad, I bet a lot of people don’t act the way they want to cuz of culture traditions etc. did you know it was ilegal for them to gamble here? So weird.

Dude I am SO PISSED!
Just got back from the doctors and he freaking ripped the gauze out of my arm! Like wtf. Then continued to try to show me different ways to jab it in. It hurt so bad and I was crying and he was like ‘it still hurts this bad?’ It was like he didn’t believe me.., wtf! He said it looked good and was healing well.,, like well thanks buddy, I didn’t need you to traumatize me in the process! I’m so mad. I freaking hate doctors I’ve never had one that I liked…. Of t course the female nurse ran out after me an apologized for him and said it was fine to keep doing it the way I’ve been doing it which is removing the gauze slowly with water. (I even asked him he walked in to please go slow becuse it hurt so much)… I’m literally so upset. I think he was trying to like toughen me up and try to show it’s not a big deal and I’m making it into a big thing when it’s not but damn like I want someone that’s gonna be comforting and encouraging not like that. I thought he was nice last time but now I don’t like him at all.
Alexa is online now  
Old 04-20-2022, 06:55 AM
  #65
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
That’s very interesting jerry!

I am a fan of bts and they just did a concert here in the US in Las Vegas and a few of the members said they didn’t want to go back to Korea but everything is so much free-er here lol. Kinda sad, I bet a lot of people don’t act the way they want to cuz of culture traditions etc. did you know it was ilegal for them to gamble here? So weird.
That is so crazy. I hate judging customs and things going on in different countries unless you’re Russia. LOL. But man, the gambling thing is so weird! It is sad. Can they stay here or are they forced to go back? You can definitely understand why they would like being here and getting away from those rigid rules. Wow.

Quote:
Dude I am SO PISSED!
Just got back from the doctors and he freaking ripped the gauze out of my arm! Like wtf. Then continued to try to show me different ways to jab it in. It hurt so bad and I was crying and he was like ‘it still hurts this bad?’ It was like he didn’t believe me.., wtf! He said it looked good and was healing well.,, like well thanks buddy, I didn’t need you to traumatize me in the process! I’m so mad. I freaking hate doctors I’ve never had one that I liked…. Of t course the female nurse ran out after me an apologized for him and said it was fine to keep doing it the way I’ve been doing it which is removing the gauze slowly with water. (I even asked him he walked in to please go slow becuse it hurt so much)… I’m literally so upset. I think he was trying to like toughen me up and try to show it’s not a big deal and I’m making it into a big thing when it’s not but damn like I want someone that’s gonna be comforting and encouraging not like that. I thought he was nice last time but now I don’t like him at all.
That is awful! I am so sorry. Surgeons can be the worst because their main job is completing the surgery and for some they feel like they’re either better than or don’t have time for the aftercare. That sucks so much. He wasn’t listening to you! Thankfully the nurse was comforting and told you that you were just fine on how you’re handling gauze. I mean, he just said it was healing well so obviously you’re doing something right! Insanity. What an idiot. He knew it hurt you or he as so arrogant he wasn’t listening. Do you have another follow up with him? I guess the good news is he personally looked it and said no infection, healing fine but still… what a prick!
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-20-2022, 07:02 AM
  #66
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Correct on both counts!

On business I've only been to Japan and Canada, and I went to Puerto Rico once with the military.

On personal trips, I've been to Mexico and various islands in the Caribbean, and many years ago I went on a mini-tour of Europe with my best friend. We went to Brussels Belgium, Amsterdam, Frankfurt Germany, Innsbruck Austria, a small town in Austria called Köflach where they raise Lipizzaner horses that they send to the Spanish Riding School in Vienna, and then we ended up in Vienna Austria. It was a great trip.
Sounds wonderful, Jerry! When did you go on a mini-trip to Europe with your best friend? Have you and Teresa considered going to Europe together?
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-20-2022, 08:24 AM
  #67
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-20-2022, 08:25 AM
  #68
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-20-2022, 08:48 AM
  #69
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Sounds wonderful, Jerry! When did you go on a mini-trip to Europe with your best friend? Have you and Teresa considered going to Europe together?
It was in 1986. Teresa and I have talked about possibly going to Ireland.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-20-2022, 11:20 AM
  #70
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It was in 1986. Teresa and I have talked about possibly going to Ireland.
You two really should go there!

How do you guys feel?
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-20-2022, 11:43 AM
  #71
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
He really is horrible.

Flying Business Class internationally is a totally different and better experience than flying Economy Class domestically. I loved it, but I wouldn't want to have to pay for it!
It was much better before covid!
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-20-2022, 11:57 AM
  #72
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Good!

What are you guys up to?
We are presently staying at an African Safari park. Our cabin has a front row view of the animals... (Giraffes, Zebras, Ostriches, Rhinos, Wildebeests). They practically come up to our patio.

This is right in front of our cabin...their feeding station is right there....



We took a Safari ride and the jeep went off road. We were very close to the animals and one giraffe actually stuck his head into our car. I almost got a kiss from one of them! LOL


everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-20-2022, 12:16 PM
  #73
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
^^^ Wow. That is one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen! Amazing. Majestic. How long will you be there? What a unique trip/journey you’re on!
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-20-2022, 12:28 PM
  #74
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
You two really should go there!

How do you guys feel?
We feel a little better thanks, but we're still coughing a lot.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-20-2022, 01:51 PM
  #75
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
We feel a little better thanks, but we're still coughing a lot.
I really hope the coughing goes away soon. Are you guys getting any sleep? Is Goldie getting any sleep?
jediwands is online now  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt Universe, Emily VanCamp Brasil, Chris Pratt Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.

Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.


TEST