Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2022, 11:55 AM
  #31
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
We visited the Tulips........

everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 12:02 PM
  #32
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
How would you say you guys feel presently compared to when it first started?
I feel a little better, as I no longer have a fever and I don't feel as run down, but I'm coughing a lot. Teresa feels about the same, but she's coughing even more than me. She never had a fever but her coughing was worse than my coughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Wow, that sucks so much. A really good thing you worked over the weekend! It has to be so tough dealing with deadlines (and some deadlines that can be quite fluid) along with an annoying pest for a boss. But you do your job to perfection and everyone around you better appreciate this fact.
All the pressure gets to me sometimes, but I just do the best I can. Thanks for the encouraging words!
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 12:22 PM
  #33
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Sorry you are still having symptom, Jerry. Do get tested! Believe it or not....I tested positive for Covid on Good Friday. I thought I had allergies because everything is blooming here...flowers, trees, and grass. My symptoms were so mild, but I haven had a runny nose for over 2 years so I took a home test. It was positive. So...off we went to the health clinic for a PCR test to be sure and sure enough....Positive! I am so lucky because a slight sore throat and a runny nose only lasted for a couple of days! I am actually relieved to get this at the beginning of my trip. Now I can enjoy the rest of my trip not being so worried about catching covid!
Wow, Betty! Glad that when you finally got it… you have very mild symptoms!

Any fever at all? Vaccines helped!
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 12:22 PM
  #34
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
We visited the Tulips........



That looks like heaven on earth. Truly amazing.
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 12:28 PM
  #35
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Sorry you are still having symptom, Jerry. Do get tested! Believe it or not....I tested positive for Covid on Good Friday. I thought I had allergies because everything is blooming here...flowers, trees, and grass. My symptoms were so mild, but I haven had a runny nose for over 2 years so I took a home test. It was positive. So...off we went to the health clinic for a PCR test to be sure and sure enough....Positive! I am so lucky because a slight sore throat and a runny nose only lasted for a couple of days! I am actually relieved to get this at the beginning of my trip. Now I can enjoy the rest of my trip not being so worried about catching covid!
Also… I was worried. I know you’re out of town but I even searched to see the last time you posted. It’s at four days and I’m thinking even on a trip hope you’re ok. Maybe I was picking up on Covid. I’m glad you’re okay! I was ready to text!
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 12:33 PM
  #36
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I feel a little better, as I no longer have a fever and I don't feel as run down, but I'm coughing a lot. Teresa feels about the same, but she's coughing even more than me. She never had a fever but her coughing was worse than my coughing.

All the pressure gets to me sometimes, but I just do the best I can. Thanks for the encouraging words!
Has the clinic gotten back to you guys? Jerry, are your coughs overall coming from upper respiratory like sinuses draining or lower like bronchial tubes/lungs? Do you feel drainage? Chest tight? I know simple colds can either turn into a sinus infection or a lingering cough because the postnasal drainage produces a tickle. It can cause a nagging annoying cough for a good month after the infection is over. However, if it’s coming from your chest that is different. I like that you don’t have a temperature anymore and Teresa never did. With something bad like pneumonia you would have a temperature that lingers almost certainly.

You are welcome. Your boss is a tool but deep down he understands how valuable you are.
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 02:15 PM
  #37
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Wow, Betty! Glad that when you finally got it… you have very mild symptoms!

Any fever at all? Vaccines helped!
Absolutely no fever! Hardly any symptoms…thank God!
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 02:17 PM
  #38
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Also… I was worried. I know you’re out of town but I even searched to see the last time you posted. It’s at four days and I’m thinking even on a trip hope you’re ok. Maybe I was picking up on Covid. I’m glad you’re okay! I was ready to text!
No need to worry! I didn’t not post because I didn’t feel well…. It’s just been really busy here!
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 02:47 PM
  #39
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Absolutely no fever! Hardly any symptoms…thank God!
Thank God!

Your family there recently had it, right? Fairly recently? So no worries there either.
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 02:48 PM
  #40
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
No need to worry! I didn’t not post because I didn’t feel well…. It’s just been really busy here!
Good!

What are you guys up to?
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 05:52 PM
  #41
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Sorry you are still having symptom, Jerry. Do get tested! Believe it or not....I tested positive for Covid on Good Friday. I thought I had allergies because everything is blooming here...flowers, trees, and grass. My symptoms were so mild, but I haven had a runny nose for over 2 years so I took a home test. It was positive. So...off we went to the health clinic for a PCR test to be sure and sure enough....Positive! I am so lucky because a slight sore throat and a runny nose only lasted for a couple of days! I am actually relieved to get this at the beginning of my trip. Now I can enjoy the rest of my trip not being so worried about catching covid!
I'm so sorry to hear that you got COVID Betty, but I'm very glad that it was a mild case. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 05:55 PM
  #42
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Has the clinic gotten back to you guys? Jerry, are your coughs overall coming from upper respiratory like sinuses draining or lower like bronchial tubes/lungs? Do you feel drainage? Chest tight? I know simple colds can either turn into a sinus infection or a lingering cough because the postnasal drainage produces a tickle. It can cause a nagging annoying cough for a good month after the infection is over. However, if it’s coming from your chest that is different. I like that you don’t have a temperature anymore and Teresa never did. With something bad like pneumonia you would have a temperature that lingers almost certainly.
They got back to us and prescribed something for our cough, so we hope that it will help.

I think it's more from upper respiratory from sinuses draining and Teresa and I do have a nagging annoying cough. I'm starting to lose my voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
You are welcome. Your boss is a tool but deep down he understands how valuable you are.
Sometimes he seems to appreciate me but I know that he'd throw me under the bus if he thought it would benefit him. I get along with him but I basically think he's a tool.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 08:47 PM
  #43
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143,334
Let us know how it goes Jerry! Im glad I have an amazing boss

Wow Betty! Everyone will get covid at some point it seems. My mom has not gotten it yet! Lucky yours was so mild!

Quote:
It sucks you have to go into work today. Hopefully it’s not too painful, medication gets you through, and you’re not super tired from the medication and stress either. I would most certainly ask about more medication when you call to make your follow up appointment. When do you think your follow up appointment will be? I hope work today goes okay and the pain starts to ease some. Good idea utilizing the warm water in the shower. Let us know how you’re doing.
Work was okay. Ended up moving my arm a lot because kids are hard not to dance with, but it was fine. It's sore now, but I didnt have to teach my last two classes so that was nice. All the kids thoght it was so gross though and I showed them the picture of the hole in my arm, it was kind fun to see everyones reactions lol.

I called the doctor was able to get more pain meds THANK GOD because i was on my last one. I'm supposed to see the doctor tomorrow but I am very worried about him touching it because its so painful taking out the gauze. So i might just remove it myself before i go in... not sure how he is going to feel about that but well, I dont want him taking it out! Hes gonna re-stuff it before i leave and thats bad enough.
Alexa is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 10:05 PM
  #44
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
They got back to us and prescribed something for our cough, so we hope that it will help.

I think it's more from upper respiratory from sinuses draining and Teresa and I do have a nagging annoying cough. I'm starting to lose my voice.
Okay, this makes sense and is good news even if the coughs are annoying. It's way better than chest tightness and the coughs due to lower respiratory issues.

I hope the medication works very soon and you guys get some sleep!

Are you working from home this week?

Quote:
Sometimes he seems to appreciate me but I know that he'd throw me under the bus if he thought it would benefit him. I get along with him but I basically think he's a tool.
Exactly.

Jerry, what do the higher ups think of your boss?
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 10:08 PM
  #45
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Work was okay. Ended up moving my arm a lot because kids are hard not to dance with, but it was fine. It's sore now, but I didnt have to teach my last two classes so that was nice. All the kids thoght it was so gross though and I showed them the picture of the hole in my arm, it was kind fun to see everyones reactions lol.
I am glad work was okay! YAY and the reactions had to have been fun.

Quote:
I called the doctor was able to get more pain meds THANK GOD because i was on my last one. I'm supposed to see the doctor tomorrow but I am very worried about him touching it because its so painful taking out the gauze. So i might just remove it myself before i go in... not sure how he is going to feel about that but well, I dont want him taking it out! Hes gonna re-stuff it before i leave and thats bad enough.
I totally get what you mean. He has to remove it regardless so to save you anxiety and extra pain, you can absolutely did it yourself first. Even just lie and say you did it right before you saw him to save time or something. LOL. He might even appreciate that you saved him a step that way!

How does it feel now? Let me know how tomorrow goes at the appointment!
jediwands is online now  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt Universe, Emily VanCamp Brasil, Chris Pratt Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.

Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.


TEST