Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2022, 08:40 AM
  #16
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
We're both still coughing a lot so I think that we're going to have to go back to the doctor's this week. My fever is still gone though. Thanks for asking.
Good news the fever is gone. Teresa's fever gone as well?

Sorry to hear about the coughing. Maybe it's just lingering, nagging, but the fever disappearing probably means the active infection is better. Hopefully!
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-17-2022, 08:41 AM
  #17
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
My heartfelt best wishes to my family and friends for a Happy and Blessed Easter. He is Risen! God Bless you all.


Beautiful.
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-17-2022, 08:41 AM
  #18
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-17-2022, 03:35 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-17-2022, 09:27 PM
  #20
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143,337
Happy Easter everyone! I dont really celebrate but still lol.


Jerry, I am still coughing a LOT from when I had Covid, that seems to be the lingering symptom.


Quote:
That sucks so much. Does the medication help at all?

It makes sense you're in pain... it's not like he removed something that wasn't severely infected/painful BEFORE removal. The state that the cyst was in is probably why you are in pain now. It was aggravated, then removed, the healing tissue is going to be extra unhappy as it goes there given everything that the area has been through (infection, inflammation, then surgery).
Yeah exactly! And its like healing over teh gauze so everytime I pull it out it just re-opens the wound ugh....

Ibuprofin seems to do nothing tbh. Even though Ive been taking way more than the recommended dosage.

THe pain meds they gave me work a little, it kinda numbs the area and makes it feel sore rather than a stabbing pain, but it only lasts for about 2 hours before coming back again. And they only gave me 5 pills. So I didnt take any the first day and it was MISERABLE but I had to save them for when i changed the dressings, which btw WAS SO TRAUMATIC. I cried like 3 times trying to do it yesterday (had to do it twice). It was o hard to get the gauze out and so so painful. The only thing that helped was soaking it in warm water to ease it out better but gosh, it was bad. It took me an hour both times just to get it out an change it.... Im not looking forward to doing this twice a day. This morning it was okay, I just let it really soak in the shower and went slow. Have to do it again in an hour or so, Im not looking foward to it. Immense dread, actually.

I had to cut my pain pills in half today because tomorrow I'm supposed to teach dance classes (i luckily got 2 of my 4 classes covered so i only have to teach for a few hours tomorrow). I also hae demonstrators in those classes so they can do the dancing and i luckily can just give instructions but it really hurts just moving at all and im very fatigued.

im planning to take my last pain pill and change the dressing right before going in tomorrow so itll hopefully last me while im there. But idk how i will feel wednesday and im worried.

I'm gonna try calling in tomorrow to schedule my follow up appointment and also hopefully talk to the doctor or nurse to get more meds because its really painful. i basically cant do anything but just sleep. Literally yesterday and today ive slept about 18 of the 24. Mostly just because it helps me not think about the pain.

This is genuinely the worst thing Ive gone through since my really bad earache back in like 2017.

Last edited by Alexa; 04-17-2022 at 09:33 PM
Alexa is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 04:31 AM
  #21
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Good news the fever is gone. Teresa's fever gone as well?
Teresa never really had a fever, but her coughing was much worse than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Sorry to hear about the coughing. Maybe it's just lingering, nagging, but the fever disappearing probably means the active infection is better. Hopefully!
Thanks! We're debating about whether to go back to the doctor again or wait and see how we do. Neither one of us got a good night's sleep due to all our coughing.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 05:34 AM
  #22
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Teresa never really had a fever, but her coughing was much worse than mine.

Thanks! We're debating about whether to go back to the doctor again or wait and see how we do. Neither one of us got a good night's sleep due to all our coughing.


I wonder if you guys should get tested for Covid just to know if that’s what it is. But then again even if it is, you would not do anything different if Covid is the specific virus you have. Covid, if you have symptoms, typically an elevation in temperature at some point happens so it’s interesting Teresa never had a fever at all. Maybe it does point towards a more average respiratory virus. If the coughing prevents sleep I would recommend going in.
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 05:43 AM
  #23
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Happy Easter everyone! I dont really celebrate but still lol.


Quote:
Jerry, I am still coughing a LOT from when I had Covid, that seems to be the lingering symptom.
Such a common symptom with Covid. It’s so weird that when I had Covid (before vaccines were readily available) I barely coughed, it was all located in the sinuses. I definitely was in a small group of Covid people who didn’t have a cough but several other symptoms instead.

Quote:
Yeah exactly! And its like healing over teh gauze so everytime I pull it out it just re-opens the wound ugh....
Precisely.

Quote:
Ibuprofin seems to do nothing tbh. Even though Ive been taking way more than the recommended dosage.

THe pain meds they gave me work a little, it kinda numbs the area and makes it feel sore rather than a stabbing pain, but it only lasts for about 2 hours before coming back again. And they only gave me 5 pills. So I didnt take any the first day and it was MISERABLE but I had to save them for when i changed the dressings, which btw WAS SO TRAUMATIC. I cried like 3 times trying to do it yesterday (had to do it twice). It was o hard to get the gauze out and so so painful. The only thing that helped was soaking it in warm water to ease it out better but gosh, it was bad. It took me an hour both times just to get it out an change it.... Im not looking forward to doing this twice a day. This morning it was okay, I just let it really soak in the shower and went slow. Have to do it again in an hour or so, Im not looking foward to it. Immense dread, actually.

I had to cut my pain pills in half today because tomorrow I'm supposed to teach dance classes (i luckily got 2 of my 4 classes covered so i only have to teach for a few hours tomorrow). I also hae demonstrators in those classes so they can do the dancing and i luckily can just give instructions but it really hurts just moving at all and im very fatigued.

im planning to take my last pain pill and change the dressing right before going in tomorrow so itll hopefully last me while im there. But idk how i will feel wednesday and im worried.

I'm gonna try calling in tomorrow to schedule my follow up appointment and also hopefully talk to the doctor or nurse to get more meds because its really painful. i basically cant do anything but just sleep. Literally yesterday and today ive slept about 18 of the 24. Mostly just because it helps me not think about the pain.

This is genuinely the worst thing Ive gone through since my really bad earache back in like 2017.
Oh man, I am so sorry you are in so much pain.

It sucks you have to go into work today. Hopefully it’s not too painful, medication gets you through, and you’re not super tired from the medication and stress either. I would most certainly ask about more medication when you call to make your follow up appointment. When do you think your follow up appointment will be? I hope work today goes okay and the pain starts to ease some. Good idea utilizing the warm water in the shower. Let us know how you’re doing.
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 05:56 AM
  #24
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 08:33 AM
  #25
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 10:29 AM
  #26
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 108,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)


I wonder if you guys should get tested for Covid just to know if that’s what it is. But then again even if it is, you would not do anything different if Covid is the specific virus you have. Covid, if you have symptoms, typically an elevation in temperature at some point happens so it’s interesting Teresa never had a fever at all. Maybe it does point towards a more average respiratory virus. If the coughing prevents sleep I would recommend going in.
We both called our doctor's office and we're waiting to hear from them. Thanks for being a concerned friend.

I had to work over the weekend because I had a bid that was due today. It was a good thing that I did because the representative wrote me this morning and he said that the bid was due at noon today, and he never said anything about that. Generally, if you get a bid in by 5:00 PM the day that a bid is due, you're fine, and if I was going on that basis, I'd have to scramble to get the bid done by noon, but since I worked over the weekend, most of the bid was already done and I just had to put a few finishing touches on it and I got it done well before noon. This was the same representative that wanted me to get the bid done Thursday, but I got him to back off.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 10:34 AM
  #27
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
We both called our doctor's office and we're waiting to hear from them. Thanks for being a concerned friend.

I had to work over the weekend because I had a bid that was due today. It was a good thing that I did because the representative wrote me this morning and he said that the bid was due at noon today, and he never said anything about that. Generally, if you get a bid in by 5:00 PM the day that a bid is due, you're fine, and if I was going on that basis, I'd have to scramble to get the bid done by noon, but since I worked over the weekend, most of the bid was already done and I just had to put a few finishing touches on it and I got it done well before noon. This was the same representative that wanted me to get the bid done Thursday, but I got him to back off.
How would you say you guys feel presently compared to when it first started?

Wow, that sucks so much. A really good thing you worked over the weekend! It has to be so tough dealing with deadlines (and some deadlines that can be quite fluid) along with an annoying pest for a boss. But you do your job to perfection and everyone around you better appreciate this fact.
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 11:41 AM
  #28
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
A belated Happy Easter to All......

A belated THanks for the new thread, Michelle!
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-18-2022, 11:43 AM
  #29
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
A belated Happy Easter to All......

A belated THanks for the new thread, Michelle!
You’re welcome and hope you had a terrific Easter!

Have so much fun with family!
jediwands is online now  
Old 04-18-2022, 11:46 AM
  #30
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
Sorry you are still having symptom, Jerry. Do get tested! Believe it or not....I tested positive for Covid on Good Friday. I thought I had allergies because everything is blooming here...flowers, trees, and grass. My symptoms were so mild, but I haven had a runny nose for over 2 years so I took a home test. It was positive. So...off we went to the health clinic for a PCR test to be sure and sure enough....Positive! I am so lucky because a slight sore throat and a runny nose only lasted for a couple of days! I am actually relieved to get this at the beginning of my trip. Now I can enjoy the rest of my trip not being so worried about catching covid!
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt Universe, Emily VanCamp Brasil, Chris Pratt Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.

Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.


TEST