Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2022, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
I hope everybody is well here. Getting back to my rewatch soon. Just been a little busy the last few months but I’ll try to be more active.

Too much twitter for me. Haha. Need to make more time to come here. Just so much stuff I’m watching it’s been hard to make time for rewatching things but I’ll get back to it.

Also, I need more Everwood. That hasn’t changed since I’ve been gone.
Welcome back, Nick!!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
It really is weird how dependent we've all become on those three services. I remember the days when phones were not meant to go with you places and certainly zero Internet capability. I love watching Stranger Things which is everything 80s. It is so much fun how it takes you right back there, I love it so much. Bikes were everything, life was so different and good different back then minus Regan.
That's so true! Even as recently as 1999, in my first year of Fan Forum, I can remember going on vacation and saying that I was going to miss being able to post here, because I just a had a Desktop Computer then with a dial-up modem, and of course I had no smart phone or laptop or anything like that, because either they weren't invented yet or they were in their infancy.

Quote:
Awe, thanks!
You're welcome! I really did want to text you to see if you and your family were okay, but I was dead in the water. We drove to our local T-Mobile office that night because we thought that there was something wrong with our phones but when we got there, they said the tower was down.

Quote:
We had another minor round of severe weather this evening too, but nothing like Wednesday night. It is just so strange because we never get this kind of weather this time of the year. What's your weather like right now?
It's miserably hot and humid here. We're having Summer-like weather and it's only early May.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's so true! Even as recently as 1999, in my first year of Fan Forum, I can remember going on vacation and saying that I was going to miss being able to post here, because I just a had a Desktop Computer then with a dial-up modem, and of course I had no smart phone or laptop or anything like that, because either they weren't invented yet or they were in their infancy.
Right! I remember one time my mom and I went back to Cleveland to visit scrambling to get to my cousins desktop computer in order to post. Or even needing to talk to Angela way back in 2005-2008 and when she went to the lake house for the weekend, unless we talked on the phone we couldn’t communicate all weekend long until she returned because she didn’t have a computer there.

Quote:
You're welcome! I really did want to text you to see if you and your family were okay, but I was dead in the water. We drove to our local T-Mobile office that night because we thought that there was something wrong with our phones but when we got there, they said the tower was down.
Isn’t that odd because the same thing happened to us about 4-6 weeks ago? I remember texting you and you weren’t receiving my texts. We found out a Verizon Tower was down locally but our provider set our phones a certain way where we had instant availability to text even so. I don’t even know what they did. But without it we couldn’t use anything.

Quote:
It's miserably hot and humid here. We're having Summer-like weather and it's only early May.

When is your hurricane season?

Last edited by jediwands; 05-13-2022 at 09:56 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-13-2022, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Welcome back Betty! Business class is fantastic, isn't it? I flew Business class to Japan years ago and I loved it!
It is wonderful...especially for a long trip. It changed a little during covid...not as much continual service and fresh meals. I am happy to say, though, that the hot nuts are back.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-13-2022, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Right! I remember one time my mom and I went back to Cleveland to visit scrambling to get to my cousins desktop computer in order to post. Or even needing to talk to Angela way back in 2005-2008 and when she went to the lake house for the weekend, unless we talked on the phone we couldn’t communicate all weekend long until she returned because she didn’t have a computer there.
It's amazing how much has changed in so short a period of time.

Quote:
Isn’t that odd because the same thing happened to us about 4-6 weeks ago? I remember texting you and you weren’t receiving my texts. We found out a Verizon Tower was down locally but our provider set our phones a certain way where we had instant availability to text even so. I don’t even know what they did. But without it we couldn’t use anything.
Yes, that was strange! There are glitches sometimes that none of us can control!

Quote:

When is your hurricane season?
It starts on June 1st.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-13-2022, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's amazing how much has changed in so short a period of time.
Right!

Quote:
Yes, that was strange! There are glitches sometimes that none of us can control!
That's right!

Quote:
It starts on June 1st.
Coming up. Then lasts until when?
Old 05-13-2022, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Coming up. Then lasts until when?
Until November 30.

Old 05-13-2022, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Until November 30.
Wow. That’s a long time.

How many hurricanes have you been affected by, Jerry?
Old 05-13-2022, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow. That’s a long time.

How many hurricanes have you been affected by, Jerry?
I've been living here 33 years, and I've seen 5 hurricanes in this area during that time. The worst one was hurricane Ike in 2008. We lost power for 8 days in the heat of the summer. It was miserable. After that I got a back-up generator for my house. Fortunately for us, we never had any damage or flooding from any of the hurricanes that we were in. I hope that luck continues!

Old 05-13-2022, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I've been living here 33 years, and I've seen 5 hurricanes in this area during that time. The worst one was hurricane Ike in 2008. We lost power for 8 days in the heat of the summer. It was miserable. After that I got a back-up generator for my house. Fortunately for us, we never had any damage or flooding from any of the hurricanes that we were in. I hope that luck continues!
I hope so too! I vaguely remember the 2008 one. Have you guys ever been required to leave your house or are you positioned where you would never need to go there?
Old 05-14-2022, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-14-2022, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I hope so too! I vaguely remember the 2008 one. Have you guys ever been required to leave your house or are you positioned where you would never need to go there?
We're far enough away from the coast that we've never been required to leave our house thankfully.

Old 05-14-2022, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We're far enough away from the coast that we've never been required to leave our house thankfully.
That’s good to hear.
Reply   Post New Thread