Fan Forum

Fan Forum (https://www.fanforum.com/)
-   Everwood (https://www.fanforum.com/f104/)
-   -   County High Cafeteria #187: Spring is here! (https://www.fanforum.com/f104/county-high-cafeteria-187-spring-here-63261602/)

jediwands 04-15-2022 03:19 PM

County High Cafeteria #187: Spring is here!
 

jediwands 04-15-2022 03:19 PM

Last page of posts from previous thread

Alexa 04-15-2022 08:20 PM

TFTNT!

Quote:

Perfect! How long will you guys be there in June?
6 nights! I wanted to do 8 but its a long time for grandparents to watch the kids. Better than 5 which is what my sister wanted to do. I went to hawaii for 5 days last time and it wasnt long enough. Plus, that was Kuaii an this is Maui so its a bit bigger and probably more to do. Gotta get a car rental lined up still but they dont take debit and neither of us have credit cards! lol

So update: I went to the doctor today. I had a male doctor but he was actually very nice. He was gay (he mentioned his husband) but it made me feel more comfortable haha. He was super duper nice and funny, it really put me at ease, which was great.

They removed the cyst! YAYYYY. Good news is, he was fairly confident he got the whole thing out and that it wont grow back. Bad news, it was a lot deeper than most cases. The numbing needles (there were four) hurt LIKE A FRICKIN BIOTCH. But i didnt feel te surgery after that. Near the end it was starting to hurt again though. There is a HUGE hole though... it needs to heal from the bottom up so they couldn't close it. Its gonna take about 3 week to heal completely, about 4 days of pain they said. And i have to change the dressing twice a day! I really dont think I can do it myself, but im going to try. my mom also learned how. But you literally have to stick the guaze all the way into the wound like a bullet hole, its absolutely disgusting!

I almost passed out during though. i get very queasy seeing blood or hearing about blood or wounds so knowing they were cutting into me made me super hot and dizzy. When I think about changing the dressing I get super duper anxious too. ugh.

To make it worse, I am in SO MUCH PAIN. I already took 6 ibuprofin and one hydrocodone(vitocin) today. And he only gave me 5 pills to take before my dressings so I really am praying I am not in this much pain for the next three days. i also have to teach on monday. UGH. im so miserable right now...

It literally feels like someone stabbed me and left the knife in. :bawl: Ive been crying off and on all day and I am NOT a cryer!

Jerry D 04-15-2022 09:22 PM

I hope that you feel better soon and make a full recovery Alexa. :hug:

jediwands 04-15-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 106249291)
TFTNT!

You're welcome! :)

Quote:

6 nights! I wanted to do 8 but its a long time for grandparents to watch the kids. Better than 5 which is what my sister wanted to do. I went to hawaii for 5 days last time and it wasnt long enough. Plus, that was Kuaii an this is Maui so its a bit bigger and probably more to do. Gotta get a car rental lined up still but they dont take debit and neither of us have credit cards! lol
LOL. Smart not having credit cards! Sounds like so much fun! I have never been to Hawaii. I would love to go sometime in the future. 6 nights sounds perfect!

Quote:

So update: I went to the doctor today. I had a male doctor but he was actually very nice. He was gay (he mentioned his husband) but it made me feel more comfortable haha. He was super duper nice and funny, it really put me at ease, which was great.

They removed the cyst! YAYYYY. Good news is, he was fairly confident he got the whole thing out and that it wont grow back. Bad news, it was a lot deeper than most cases. The numbing needles (there were four) hurt LIKE A FRICKIN BIOTCH. But i didnt feel te surgery after that. Near the end it was starting to hurt again though. There is a HUGE hole though... it needs to heal from the bottom up so they couldn't close it. Its gonna take about 3 week to heal completely, about 4 days of pain they said. And i have to change the dressing twice a day! I really dont think I can do it myself, but im going to try. my mom also learned how. But you literally have to stick the guaze all the way into the wound like a bullet hole, its absolutely disgusting!

I almost passed out during though. i get very queasy seeing blood or hearing about blood or wounds so knowing they were cutting into me made me super hot and dizzy. When I think about changing the dressing I get super duper anxious too. ugh.

To make it worse, I am in SO MUCH PAIN. I already took 6 ibuprofin and one hydrocodone(vitocin) today. And he only gave me 5 pills to take before my dressings so I really am praying I am not in this much pain for the next three days. i also have to teach on monday. UGH. im so miserable right now...

It literally feels like someone stabbed me and left the knife in. :bawl: Ive been crying off and on all day and I am NOT a cryer!
:cry: I am so sorry you are in pain. :cry: :hug:

I had a feeling it would get taken care of your first appointment when you saw the surgeon. I love that he is gay, that sounds so weird but I can see why you felt more comfortable. :lmao: I can totally understand why you were very nervous throughout the procedure even if it went smoothly. I know the feeling of super hot and dizzy all too well. I think what makes me so anxious during anything medical is I feel trapped. You are completely under the control of the medical professional and I can't stand it. I feel like I need an escape planned and when you are having a procedure/surgery like you had today, that is not possible. It sucks. But it is all over now and it must feel good :D even if the pain cannot possibly feel good. :( :hug:

I hope the next 3 days are not super painful and you heal up real nicely! Were you told you could ice the area to help with the pain or best to leave it alone? Changing the dressing sounds like a challenge but you'll do just fine! Do you have a follow up appointment with the surgeon at all or are you good to go and only contact him if you have any issues? Really excellent news he got it all and the cyst won't fill up again. That is a relief!

Let us know how you progress. I hope the pain is tolerable right now. :hug:

Alexa 04-16-2022 12:43 AM

Thanks guys!

It's bad. Tried to lay down because its hurts to do anything else but I couldn't sleep. The pain is just constant... Pain meds did nothing... I havent been sleeping well for like 2 weeks. Im so over this! Sorry to vent/complain but its nice being able to let it out somewhere. My poor mom is so sick of hearing my whining lol. I can;t tell if Im exaggerating this pain or if it really is bad but to me, I can barely take it.

Quote:

I can totally understand why you were very nervous throughout the procedure even if it went smoothly. I know the feeling of super hot and dizzy all too well. I think what makes me so anxious during anything medical is I feel trapped. You are completely under the control of the medical professional and I can't stand it. I feel like I need an escape planned and when you are having a procedure/surgery like you had today, that is not possible. It sucks. But it is all over now and it must feel good
For me its like, the anticipation of hte pain that makes it so bad. Like if someone else gets injured then that part of my body hurts too. Its weird. I wish it didn't happen. But Ive been like this for years. It started in beauty school back in 2007 when i cut my finger really badly and almost passed out. I am a baby when it comes to pain.

The pain is way worse now than it was before honestly. But yes, I am glad it was taken care of. I just wanna fastforward 3 weeks when its healed with no pain and I dont have to bother with the dressings ugh.

No ice because it stops the healing process apparently. I am supposed to check in a week from now, but I forgot to make the appointment. Tried doing it online but havent heard anything so i will have to call tomorrow.

Fingers crossed I dont pass out while trying to change the dressing, its literally a deep hole. ughhhh.

jediwands 04-16-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 106250236)
Thanks guys!

It's bad. Tried to lay down because its hurts to do anything else but I couldn't sleep. The pain is just constant... Pain meds did nothing... I havent been sleeping well for like 2 weeks. Im so over this! Sorry to vent/complain but its nice being able to let it out somewhere. My poor mom is so sick of hearing my whining lol. I can;t tell if Im exaggerating this pain or if it really is bad but to me, I can barely take it.

That sucks so much. :( Does the medication help at all?

It makes sense you're in pain... it's not like he removed something that wasn't severely infected/painful BEFORE removal. The state that the cyst was in is probably why you are in pain now. It was aggravated, then removed, the healing tissue is going to be extra unhappy as it goes there given everything that the area has been through (infection, inflammation, then surgery).

Quote:

For me its like, the anticipation of hte pain that makes it so bad. Like if someone else gets injured then that part of my body hurts too. Its weird. I wish it didn't happen. But Ive been like this for years. It started in beauty school back in 2007 when i cut my finger really badly and almost passed out. I am a baby when it comes to pain.
That is really interesting. Sounds very spiritual even, how you pick up on pain from someone else.

Quote:

The pain is way worse now than it was before honestly. But yes, I am glad it was taken care of. I just wanna fastforward 3 weeks when its healed with no pain and I dont have to bother with the dressings ugh.

No ice because it stops the healing process apparently. I am supposed to check in a week from now, but I forgot to make the appointment. Tried doing it online but havent heard anything so i will have to call tomorrow.

Fingers crossed I dont pass out while trying to change the dressing, its literally a deep hole. ughhhh.
:hug: How was changing the dressing? Yes, he had to dig deep to make sure it never returns and obviously it was not a small cyst. Damn. Sorry you are going through this!

jediwands 04-16-2022 08:53 AM


Jerry D 04-16-2022 01:19 PM

Easter Lily in bloom using my new phone's zoom feature. :)

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4Q&oe=6260E568

jediwands 04-16-2022 01:26 PM

Jerry, your phone is amazing!

I swear to God, it is so high quality I feel like the images are moving, it is so real and natural!

Incredible! Gorgeous! :love:

Jerry D 04-16-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediwands (Post 106253455)
Jerry, your phone is amazing!

I swear to God, it is so high quality I feel like the images are moving, it is so real and natural!

Incredible! Gorgeous! :love:

Thanks Michelle! :hug: Yes, the camera on this phone is amazing and it's so much easier to use than the cameras on my older phones.

jediwands 04-16-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry D (Post 106253902)
Thanks Michelle! :hug: Yes, the camera on this phone is amazing and it's so much easier to use than the cameras on my older phones.

That’s so great. :)

How do you feel?

jediwands 04-17-2022 07:16 AM


Jerry D 04-17-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jediwands (Post 106254687)
That’s so great. :)

How do you feel?

We're both still coughing a lot so I think that we're going to have to go back to the doctor's this week. My fever is still gone though. Thanks for asking. :)

Jerry D 04-17-2022 08:32 AM

My heartfelt best wishes to my family and friends for a Happy and Blessed Easter. He is Risen! God Bless you all.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...HA&oe=62602ADA


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.
Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.