Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

Thus, cruise through the remaining season 3 episodes because season 4 is going to be the Lucas/Peyton payoff you're been waiting for.
So....what you're saying is: Season 4 is a really good season?
Old 01-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
amazing. i think i have worn out my s4 dvds.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
If you're a Lucas/Peyton fan, you will enjoy this season.

Overall, I can't totally say what I think of season 4 as a whole because I watched in a scattered way and during many episodes, just watched the Lucas/Peyton scenes. I can tell you that you will feel like everything comes together for Lucas/Peyton. It will all go back to season 1 so you'll be like... "Why did I EVER think Lucas felt anything super deep for Brooke, because he didn't."
Old 01-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
If you're a Lucas/Peyton fan, you will enjoy this season.

Overall, I can't totally say what I think of season 4 as a whole because I watched in a scattered way and during many episodes, just watched the Lucas/Peyton scenes. I can tell you that you will feel like everything comes together for Lucas/Peyton. It will all go back to season 1 so you'll be like... "Why did I EVER think Lucas felt anything super deep for Brooke, because he didn't."
I enjoyed it. Some of the storylines are a bit over the top and its def not a good season for brooke fans. It's kind of soapy but in a good way. We meet the two dereks. LOL psycho derek. Never forget!
Old 01-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I enjoyed it. Some of the storylines are a bit over the top and its def not a good season for brooke fans. It's kind of soapy but in a good way. We meet the two dereks. LOL psycho derek. Never forget!
There are Brooke fans?

lol I don't hate Brooke but clearly she's my least favorite of the mains.

Oh yes the psycho Derek crap.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-03-2015 at 09:24 AM
Old 01-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I was lurking an existing One Tree Hill forum on the Internet today. I can't believe how many people refused to watch past season 6 because of Lucas/Peyton not being in the final 3 seasons. Either people refused to watch and never even tried 7.1 or they attempted to watch season 7 and couldn't go there because Lucas/Peyton were not on anymore.

Was there a large percentage of Fan Forum fans that didn't watch or dumped the show after season 6?
Old 01-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Nah I watched it to the end. It was different for sure, but I still liked other characters on the show and wanted to see their stories play out too.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Totally makes sense. I never knew it went beyond thinking Keith tried killing Dan. I mean, he looked jealous and devastated seeing Karen, Keith and Lucas together but I missed some episodes in the future that covered this.
It was never clear until Season 3 and Season 4 that Dan was just bitter and lonely. The hate had finally really gone away and he was left with his real feelings. All the people that Dan belittled and insulted for so many years finally just moved on with their own happiness and he was left with nothing. Dan had no one to blame but himself. He killed his brother, he finally analated Lucas from his life. Karen could finally move on with her life in adversithy of Keith dying. I think with Keith in her life that meant she would have Dan in her life too, but now that as not the case. Dan had no more hold on Karen or on Deb. Both women were strong enough to move on with thier lives.

These led to some amazing scenes in Season 4

Quote:
Agreed completely. Typically I just blow off Brooke's horrible moments but when they transpire at devastating times I just can't go there. She takes things way too far and it's inexcusable.
There were not reprocutions for her. No one ever stood up to her, they just let her do her own thing. I think that's what made it so bad. It felt so accepted to her that she could lash out and no one say anything becuase either they were afraid of her or they just learned to ignore her. Then it got so far that people's feelings got hurt. It was inexcusable in Season 3 and it was uncalled for in Sesaon 4

Quote:
I completely agree. I've always viewed Peyton/Jake as sweet with real feelings fueled by filling a void in their lives. Peyton could also get lost with Jake and Jenny. She could better deny her love for Lucas while focused on them instead.
It's hard not to want someone there when things aren't really going all that great. Jake was lonely, raising a daughter all on his own. He needed someone for support for him. He had his dad there to help with Jenny, but what about him. The little moments that really made a difference in the days ahead. The same goes for Peyton. She still has her dad, but he's never there. He's the absentee parent. Peyton's basiclaly raising herself.

The relationship allowed them both to slow down. For to see what living a real family life is like. Getting to come home to someone and talk to that person about your day. Neither of them really have that so they were filling a void. And eventually, that void would shift to something else.

Quote:
Precisely. I also love how Sophia was anti-Lucas/Brooke and totally pro-Lucas/Peyton. She never wavered.
She actually wanted to refuse the Brooke/Lucas stuff in Season 5 becuause of her hatred for Chad. However, she's not the boss, so....
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She actually wanted to refuse the Brooke/Lucas stuff in Season 5 becuause of her hatred for Chad. However, she's not the boss, so....

Please don't tell me there is going to be more Brooke/Lucas stuff Season 5.

So glad that Whitey put Karen in her place regarding Lucas and his pain. Can't believe she actually slapped him. Grief and Nastiness seems to be interchangeable with Karen.

Brooke is really mean. I actually felt sorry for Rachel this episode...up until the end. When the heck did she meet and hook up with Cooper?

Nathan and those baseball bats!

Larry gave Peyton really great advice about like and love. What a sweet surprise seeing her visiting Jake instead of Pete.

I am devastated for Lucas. I am devasted for him because he has lost his Uncle Keith....he has a serious heart disease.....and he had to give up playing basketball. How much can one young man take?

I just loved how Nathan was there for Lucas...promising to have his back....not playing because Lucas wasn't playing. Their relationship has become so beautiful to watch.

Nathan and Haley...their love is so wonderful and seems to get stronger and stronger with each episode... I just love watching those two!!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-03-2015 at 08:52 PM
Old 01-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, do you mean 3.19? I haven't watched 3.19 and haven't seen what you commented so assume maybe it's 3.19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
It was never clear until Season 3 and Season 4 that Dan was just bitter and lonely. The hate had finally really gone away and he was left with his real feelings. All the people that Dan belittled and insulted for so many years finally just moved on with their own happiness and he was left with nothing. Dan had no one to blame but himself. He killed his brother, he finally analated Lucas from his life. Karen could finally move on with her life in adversithy of Keith dying. I think with Keith in her life that meant she would have Dan in her life too, but now that as not the case. Dan had no more hold on Karen or on Deb. Both women were strong enough to move on with thier lives.
So true. When Dan drove by and saw Karen, Lucas and Keith eating together, he looked broken and devastated. He knew he lost the family in Karen and Lucas that he probably should have embraced from the start, he has no relationship with his brother (and certainly takes care of that for good), Deb wants away from him, Nathan wants nothing to do with him. He absolutely has nothing left.

Quote:
There were not reprocutions for her. No one ever stood up to her, they just let her do her own thing. I think that's what made it so bad. It felt so accepted to her that she could lash out and no one say anything becuase either they were afraid of her or they just learned to ignore her. Then it got so far that people's feelings got hurt. It was inexcusable in Season 3 and it was uncalled for in Sesaon 4
For sure. It's more than obvious some of Brooke's bad behavior has to do with her parents being MIA. However, that doesn't fly too much because if we want to talk about family situations, well Peyton certainly has a hellish one and she's beyond decent, Lucas hasn't had it perfect, Haley has good parents but they're not around much, Nathan, well enough said there.

But yes, you said it perfectly... Brooke has never had someone go right up in her face and tell her to knock the s$it off already.

Quote:
Did she really? LOL Wow. I had no idea. It had to have been tough for her but that's what happens when you not only marry your co-star that young, but you broadcast the relationship for the media to soak it up, both the good and bad stuff.

Betty, nothing happens between Lucas/Brooke romantically again after this break up. They interact some in season 5, have a storyline together but it's not remotely romantic. No worries there!

Last edited by jediwands; 01-03-2015 at 08:58 PM
Old 01-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

What's the first season after they graduate high school? Is that 4 or 5? I've done a rewatch a few times with friends who had never seen it....but that's always where I had to fall off from watching with them so I am excited to get to those episodes again.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 5 is their first season after high school. That's when they skipped five years
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Season 5 is their first season after high school. That's when they skipped five years
They're going to skip the college years?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes, ma'am
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Sorry Betty wasn't trying to spoil you hints why I didn't mention it in my question.