Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I hate the DC ripoff too! Really annoyed me. Brooke even commented on it!
LOL I liked when she said that. I still don't understand why Mark went there.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
What does this mean....Peyton does not have Lucas? If Julian was the one made the winning basket..where does that leave Lucas? Was Lucas even on the team?
Mark literally tried erasing Lucas in this episode through Julian's writing. It's absolutely despicable and intentional.

Quote:
I was gagging throughout all of their scenes.
I hope Mark realizes how much he failed with the Clay/Quinn relationship.

Quote:
I hated that Nathan and Jamie were not there. We could have at least had one little scene showing the two of them camping. Instead we get Clay/Quinn/Logan in the ocean.
What a fricken waste.

Quote:
I liked seeing Mouth and the guys at the River Court like old times. I'm glad Mouth is going back to sports and Skills has a new job.
I loved this too!

Quote:
Glad to see that Chuck is finally rid of his dad.
Chase was such a great father figure for Chuck.

Quote:
I have a question that I was wondering about for several episodes. Did Nathan only need one course to get his college degree? Is he done?
It's lame, but then again so is Nathan giving up the NBA for a back condition that wasn't even life threatening or bothering him too much in order to become a Sports Agent with Clay. WTF ever.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Hope you guys love the series finale! It was better than I had remembered.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks!

I think I'm going to watch it tomorrow. I'm consumed with World Cup today (and to a lesser degree, US Open golf ) so I'll watch tomorrow morning.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll watch it tomorrow as well.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'll watch it tomorrow as well.
Good deal.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm so glad we actually completed this rewatch or in our case, first time watch for you, first time watch for me for probably half the series.

What's the next show we'll watch or should we take a break for a while?
Old 06-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I'm so glad we actually completed this rewatch or in our case, first time watch for you, first time watch for me for probably half the series.

What's the next show we'll watch or should we take a break for a while?
I think the next show is supposed to be White Collar. I don't know if it's set in stone.

I don't know if we should take a break, but I want to make sure we have enough people on board to participate and a promise to stick it out to the end!
Old 06-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think the next show is supposed to be White Collar. I don't know if it's set in stone.

I don't know if we should take a break, but I want to make sure we have enough people on board to participate and a promise to stick it out to the end!
^ This.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a very good series finale and encompassed many things that I loved about the show. Everything except for the fact that there was more Clay/Quinn than Nathan/Haley and the fact that Lucas and Peyton did not at least make some type of appearance for old times sake.

I really loved seeing the older characters seeing younger versions of themselves throughout the episode...especially the opening scene with older Nathan watching himself on the River Court.

I'm still pissed that Julian pretty much eliminated Lucas from Brooke's memories and from the history of the book, but I believe he is a wonderful husband to Brooke. Their relationship is really beautiful. Purchasing Brooke's old home for her was a lovely thing to do. He is very caring of her and understands her needs so well.

I loved going back in time seeing Peyton's re-created room. Brooke was so moved, and it would have been really great to have Peyton walk into it as a surprise to Brooke and to us. How awesome would that have been?

It was fantastic seeing Gavin Degraw back at TRIC, the show basically introduced him to the world and I loved how he sang "I Don't Wanna Be" at the very end.

Chris Keller was hilarious throughout the episode, and I actually didn't mind his multiple scenes.
I loved Nathan's gesture of buying back Chris's "Haley James." You named your guitar after my wife???
These two have come such a long way.
I know this is Mark's poetic license...but....how the hell could Nathan find that guitar?!?

Nathan and Jamie's scene at the River court was so great, that setting has such nostalgia for so many OTH fans and especially for Nathan. It was nice seeing Nathan not pressure Jamie about the Scott legacy, and I laughed when they both joked about them being kidnapped and if Jamie could use him being kidnapped again as a excuse to Haley LOL!
Poetic license again: How the hell did Jamie get to the River Court by himself in the middle of the night?!?!?

Haley showing Jamie her and Lucas's secret hiding place was again amazing, and at the end of that scene Haley said to Jaime "There's only One Tree Hill, Jamie Scott and it's your home."
Where have we heard that before?

Nathan and Haley in the rain kissing and carrying on was a beautiful way to say goodbye to them. (one of the very few Haley/Nathan scenes).

We saw too much Clay/Quinn, but I'm glad we weren't subjected to a big wedding.
I loved seeing Bevin again!! Court clerk! Good for her!

Mouth's storyline was really good. Dan knew what he was doing by giving that money to him. What Mouth did with it was an amazing way for Jimmy and Keith to be remembered in a very positive light.

Going ahead in time to watch Jamie's game was such a great idea! I guess Jamie grew a few inches and his prediction came true!

All in all...the show was not the same after season 6, but I'm still very sad to see it end.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

I agree it was really unrealistic that Nathan would find Chris' guitar! Sweet gesture, but really far fetched.

I thought it was random Dan gave the money to Mouth, but obviously it was great what Mouth did with it.

NH in the rain was so sweet

It's gotta feel weird to be done! I want to say you guys started in like October?!? It's been a long time!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Good series finale. It made me sad that the series was ending but even more sad ending it without the heart of the show, Lucas and Peyton. It felt so off and wrong. I hated it. Yet it felt like the ghost of Lucas/Peyton was still there if that makes sense.

Two things I have to say I loathed was Julian inserting himself into high school with everyone, erasing Peyton's dad on that list and putting himself on it. I mean, how weird is that? It's irritating and weird how Mark wanted to replace Lucas with Julian in Brooke's high school days and I even say this as a Brooke/Lucas hater. I still think it's wrong. Lucas and Brooke were a part of each others lives and their interaction only strengthened their future happy endings with Peyton and Julian. I despise that Mark tried to erase Brooke's high school days like that.

Second, it was also obvious with the "friend you lost" or whatever Mark was indicating that Brooke feels like her friendship with Peyton is gone. It's bizarre and I will never accept this as truth. Haley still talks to Lucas, Karen and I'm sure, Peyton. Why on earth are we lead to believe that Peyton and Brooke don't talk anymore? I don't buy it for a second. I hated this fact. One of my favorite dynamics of the series was Peyton/Brooke. Their fanbase as times was bigger than Lucas/Peyton and Lucas/Brooke. It was an enormous shipper fanbase. I hate what Mark did there. He should have had Brooke and Peyton with an offscreen friendship since that's the only thing that made sense. I loathe that the inference is they are not really friends anymore. I simply don't buy it. There's no way on earth Lucas keeps in contact with his brother and best friend, Godson and niece, and Peyton and Brooke are not still in communication. BS.

Another annoyance is how much Clay and Quinn existed in this one. I don't care about them (minus some Quinn as Haley's sister and Jamie's aunt), and never did.

I loved that Dan gave Mouth that money and he did something amazing with it to honor Keith and Jimmy. I loved seeing Millie pregnant.

I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD that Skills and Bevin got back together! That was such a wonderful surprise, seeing them reunited in the future. So happy about that! I loved those two!

I loved Nathan/Haley in the rain, the Haley and Jamie scene on the roof which was a throwback to Haley and Lucas. Outstanding scene between Nathan and Jamie at the River Court.

It was sweet of Julian to buy Brooke's old house, I liked that as well as Brooke reuniting with her parents, finally having relationships with them.

I loved seeing Gavin again. It brought it back to old school OTH.

Chris Keller was awesome, I loved his scenes with Haley and Nathan and they even stayed in touch years later since he was attending Jamie's basketball game.

It was a good series finale overall. I just can't get the annoyance out of my head when it comes to Julian inserting himself into Brooke's high school days through art or the inference that Brooke and Peyton are done as friends. It pisses me off.

Oh well. The series truly ended for me right after the credits rolled in the finale of 6. That is when the series should have ended. I appreciate the little things in seasons 7-9, mostly Naley and family but overall the series was done after Lucas/Peyton/Sawyer drove off into the sunset. When I rewatch in the future I will never go past the finale of 6.

Great series though, overall. Way better than Dawson's Creek.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-22-2015 at 08:34 AM
Old 06-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

This was a very good series finale and encompassed many things that I loved about the show. Everything except for the fact that there was more Clay/Quinn than Nathan/Haley and the fact that Lucas and Peyton did not at least make some type of appearance for old times sake.
Wrong, so wrong.

Quote:
I'm still pissed that Julian pretty much eliminated Lucas from Brooke's memories and from the history of the book, but I believe he is a wonderful husband to Brooke. Their relationship is really beautiful. Purchasing Brooke's old home for her was a lovely thing to do. He is very caring of her and understands her needs so well.
That's what pisses me off so much. Julian's a really good guy, a terrific husband to Brooke. As a result, he didn't need to insert himself into Brooke's high school memories like that, attempting to eliminate Lucas. It wasn't necessary at all.

Quote:
I loved going back in time seeing Peyton's re-created room. Brooke was so moved, and it would have been really great to have Peyton walk into it as a surprise to Brooke and to us. How awesome would that have been?
It would have been the best moment in OTH history maybe. Of course it didn't happen.

Quote:
Mouth's storyline was really good. Dan knew what he was doing by giving that money to him. What Mouth did with it was an amazing way for Jimmy and Keith to be remembered in a very positive light.
I remember that scene at the restaurant between Dan and Mouth. Dan saw Mouth as a King at that moment knowing he wouldn't screw over Nathan for his career. Dan remembered it and made sure he let Mouth know he never forgot. It was a beautiful gesture.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Second, it was also obvious with the "friend you lost" or whatever Mark was indicating that Brooke feels like her friendship with Peyton is gone. It's bizarre and I will never accept this as truth. Haley still talks to Lucas, Karen and I'm sure, Peyton. Why on earth are we lead to believe that Peyton and Brooke don't talk anymore? I don't buy it for a second. I hated this fact. One of my favorite dynamics of the series was Peyton/Brooke. Their fanbase as times was bigger than Lucas/Peyton and Lucas/Brooke. It was an enormous shipper fanbase. I hate what Mark did there. He should have had Brooke and Peyton with an offscreen friendship since that's the only thing that made sense. I loathe that the inference is they are not really friends anymore. I simply don't buy it. There's no way on earth Lucas keeps in contact with his brother and best friend and Godson, and Peyton and Brooke are not still in communication. BS.
I thought it was Peyton, too, and couldn't understand how Brooke could have lost this friendship! You're right! Lucas and Peyton moved away, but you would think that they would both be in contact with friends as well as family. How could the show make it seem that Peyton abandoned Tree Hill and her friend Brooke? It would make absolutely no sense. It is total BS.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

It is very sad and very ridiculous to think Brooke and Peyton may not be friends.

Also agree on Julian. I wish the DC ripoff never happened. I don't want to hear about Julian making a Tree Hill movie. Mainly because it's a ripoff, but also because he wasn't around for most of it. Annoying.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread