Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2022, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I hate to keep doing this, but this is what happens when you have a child and grandchild living in another country...you go there or they come here or you will never see each other!
So...Nadine and family are coming to the US for a visit July 12 until Aug. 5. 5 weeks. I have told Michelle that I don't want to halt the rewatch again for this...I will catch up when I can! So...I am leaving it up to everyone to decide. Thanks for understanding!
100% understandable!

Okay, guys, we are taking a break so Betty and her beautiful family get time together and we all can get a reprieve as Jerry said on PM from these S3 handful of episodes that are terribly tough to view! It is perfect since we will return fresh and in warrior-like fashion in order to tackle the rest of S3 and then S4.

Okay, so we are on hiatus until: August 7th... which will be 3.19.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-01-2022 at 11:34 AM
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
100% understandable!

Okay, guys, we are taking a break so Betty and her beautiful family get time together and we all can get a reprieve as Jerry said on PM from these S3 handful of episodes that are terribly tough to view! It is perfect since we will return fresh and in warrior-like fashion in order to tackle the rest of S3 and then S4.

Okay, so we are on hiatus until: August 7th... which will be 3.19.

Thank you and glad to be of service!!!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thank you and glad to be of service!!!
Old 07-02-2022, 04:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi all, sorry I disappeared for a while but I am back now. Glad we are taking a break because I am *WAY* behind and on season 2. I got HBO Max so now I can watch again.

Hope everyone is having a good June/July
Old 07-02-2022, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Welcome back Rachel! It's good to see you here!

We started the rewatch last year so feel free to post your thoughts on the earlier threads if you'd like.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianx01 (View Post)
Hi all, sorry I disappeared for a while but I am back now. Glad we are taking a break because I am *WAY* behind and on season 2. I got HBO Max so now I can watch again.

Hope everyone is having a good June/July
Hi, Rachel!

Welcome back!

Like Jerry mentioned, if you want to, please post your thoughts on the earlier threads… we would love to read your thoughts.

It's great to see you here!

Last edited by jediwands; 07-03-2022 at 06:21 AM
Old 07-05-2022, 05:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is one of my favorite episodes. It's a tense episode and a tough episode, but I love it. So well acted across the board from all the actors (young to old).

I'm also so happy I was able to catch up (yay for a long weekend/holiday time off work)! I may continue on with this season since I'm in a groove. Is that okay?

I'll try to put down all my thoughts/notes here. I am sure I will forget some since I got so into this episode

Ephram's storyline: Ephram's big storyline of trying to find his son affects everyone in the show this week. (er episode since the show isn't airing like it was back then) It affects himself, his relationship with Amy, his relationship with his dad (duh), etc. etc.

I felt for him in this episode. I remember being 17/18 and thinking I was smarter than the adults in my life and wanting to prove them wrong. I cringed when he told his sob story to the clerk at the adoption agency. In no way in real life would that information be given to him just like that....yikes. That woman would have been fired! But it did push Ephram forward and he eventually found his son and realized he couldn't intrude on his life, and to try to move forward.

I also thought the breakup was such a good/sad scene. Poor Amy! Poor Ephram! Ephram was so cold to say that the baby was more important than Amy. At the same time, Amy is finally feeling like the second fiddle when she did it sooo much to him in s1 (friend zoning, etc). Not that I want that for my favorite character but... I also liked the scene that came after with Harold and Amy. I know it's only going to get worse for the two (though I cannot remember what happens the rest of the season or when Ephram goes to Europe)...

Andy's storyline: Oy vey Andy! I am realizing how self centered he is (from his days as a hot shot in NYC) to now (after Amanda, now being jealous of Nina and Jake, thinking lots about Ephram/baby/Madison drama). I hated how he messed up Delia's room. That was a very simple thing that he should have really been focused on. Also, what is wrong with dark purple? My room as a teen changed from color my parents painted it to a bright green (much to my parents' annoyance but too bad it was my room). Delia should have been able to get that dark purple color! Blah to neutral! The whole ignoring Delia and talking up Nina and Jake was so frustrating and cringey to watch... I did like that he eventually apologized to Delia and they worked it out. I love her character and seeing her growth (also I was because in the shot where Delia is on the computer IM-ing her friends, there is a HUGE white economics book next to her. )

Amy's storyline: Oh Amy. My favorite character. You are going through a tough time right now but don't worry in a few more episodes you will go to A&M and get a crush on hotel-owning Rafael from Jane the Virgin (aka Reid in s4) I love how Amy truly loves people. You can see it in the way she cared for Colin, her 'project' of Hannah, and now Ephram. She made a total mistake (and wooooo talk about a cringe fest) when she called Juilliard to try to get Ephram another audition. However its such a thing a 17/18 year old would do! I love how she tried to fix things for him. As I rewatched the break up scene, I wish Amy had tried to fight him more...she was kind of passive in that scene as Ephram yelled at her...but maybe she was trying to take it all in?

Hannah's storyline ehhhhhh thats all I have to say. I have seen Sarah Drew in Grey's and I wish she would play Hannah a little less mousey here. But I guess thats the direction she was told to play her in. I feel like Hannah is almost wallpaper I know she is supposed to be soft/quiet/mouse-y but I also feel like her personality gets lost. It's too bad because I know SD is a good actress! (btw she is also does some audiobook recordings and is great at that! )
Old 07-05-2022, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So happy to have you back, Rachel! Of course keep watching now that you are in the groove...that's great! However...we have decided to be on hiatus with posting our thoughts on the future episodes until August 7, so it would be wonderful if you posted your thoughts on past episodes until then.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Amy's storyline: Oh Amy. My favorite character. You are going through a tough time right now but don't worry in a few more episodes you will go to A&M and get a crush on hotel-owning Rafael from Jane the Virgin (aka Reid in s4) I love how Amy truly loves people. You can see it in the way she cared for Colin, her 'project' of Hannah, and now Ephram. She made a total mistake (and wooooo talk about a cringe fest) when she called Juilliard to try to get Ephram another audition. However its such a thing a 17/18 year old would do! I love how she tried to fix things for him. As I rewatched the break up scene, I wish Amy had tried to fight him more...she was kind of passive in that scene as Ephram yelled at her...but maybe she was trying to take it all in?
You know...you are absolutely right. I was so upset for Amy here because she cared so much for Ephram without any concern for the hurt that the pregnancy knowledge meant to her and was felt by her. All she did was try to protect Ephram and to help him. Amy let Ephram verbally trash her and she just took it. He had all the power and Amy meekly accepted it.. It would have been so wonderful if she had just layed into Ephram and told him off!That is what he needed.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So happy to have you back, Rachel! Of course keep watching now that you are in the groove...that's great! However...we have decided to be on hiatus with posting our thoughts on the future episodes until August 7, so it would be wonderful if you posted your thoughts on past episodes until then.

You got it. My lips are zipped. (so's my keyboard )
Old 07-05-2022, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes! Exactly what Betty said.

Another option is if you want to post your thoughts on episodes past our current rewatch you can post them on the existing episode threads:

https://www.fanforum.com/103727407-post1.html

Then you can repost your thoughts on our new rewatch threads created when our rewatch gets going again.

Once again, glad to have you back!
Old 07-05-2022, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You got it. My lips are zipped. (so's my keyboard )
I can hear the silence!
Old 07-05-2022, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Yes, we're happy to have you back Rachel.

Quote:
Ephram's storyline: Ephram's big storyline of trying to find his son affects everyone in the show this week. (er episode since the show isn't airing like it was back then) It affects himself, his relationship with Amy, his relationship with his dad (duh), etc. etc.

I felt for him in this episode. I remember being 17/18 and thinking I was smarter than the adults in my life and wanting to prove them wrong. I cringed when he told his sob story to the clerk at the adoption agency. In no way in real life would that information be given to him just like that....yikes. That woman would have been fired! But it did push Ephram forward and he eventually found his son and realized he couldn't intrude on his life, and to try to move forward.

I also thought the breakup was such a good/sad scene. Poor Amy! Poor Ephram! Ephram was so cold to say that the baby was more important than Amy. At the same time, Amy is finally feeling like the second fiddle when she did it sooo much to him in s1 (friend zoning, etc). Not that I want that for my favorite character but... I also liked the scene that came after with Harold and Amy. I know it's only going to get worse for the two (though I cannot remember what happens the rest of the season or when Ephram goes to Europe)...
I liked that Ephram finally saw that he shouldn't try to interfere in his child's life by knocking on the door of his adoptive parents, but other than that, I didn't like how he treated Amy, who was completely innocent in all this and was just trying to be there for him and support him. I still hate that she knew about Madison's pregnancy before Ephram did, because it put her in a no-win situation, but no matter what, Amy didn't deserve to be treated the way she was treated by Ephram. I also hated seeing all the progress Ephram made since we first met him be swept away in these episodes, as his propensity for cruelty came to the forefront again.

Quote:
Andy's storyline: Oy vey Andy! I am realizing how self centered he is (from his days as a hot shot in NYC) to now (after Amanda, now being jealous of Nina and Jake, thinking lots about Ephram/baby/Madison drama). I hated how he messed up Delia's room. That was a very simple thing that he should have really been focused on. Also, what is wrong with dark purple? My room as a teen changed from color my parents painted it to a bright green (much to my parents' annoyance but too bad it was my room). Delia should have been able to get that dark purple color! Blah to neutral! The whole ignoring Delia and talking up Nina and Jake was so frustrating and cringey to watch... I did like that he eventually apologized to Delia and they worked it out. I love her character and seeing her growth (also I was because in the shot where Delia is on the computer IM-ing her friends, there is a HUGE white economics book next to her. )
Yes, Andy's tendency to as Ephram put it, play God really played out disastrously with Ephram and now Delia in this episode. Fortunately for Andy (at this point anyway) Delia didn't have the core of anger and resentment that Ephram had, so she forgave Andy pretty easily, but that would start to change as she got older.

Quote:
I agree that Amy was a bit too passive with Ephram and she should have snapped back at him, but she has a kind heart and I think she knew that Ephram was devastated by the news he received and so she let him vent his anger. I think that she was wonderful to pull out all the stops and get Ephram a second audition, but he was still too angry and hurt to go through with it. I still have such a deep burning resentment for how Ephram treated her in this episode and how he would treat her in these upcoming episodes, because Amy didn't deserve to have her heart broken due to circumstances that she had nothing to do with.

Quote:
Hannah's storyline ehhhhhh thats all I have to say. I have seen Sarah Drew in Grey's and I wish she would play Hannah a little less mousey here. But I guess thats the direction she was told to play her in. I feel like Hannah is almost wallpaper I know she is supposed to be soft/quiet/mouse-y but I also feel like her personality gets lost. It's too bad because I know SD is a good actress! (btw she is also does some audiobook recordings and is great at that! )
I actually have come to like and appreciate Hannah more in this rewatch and I've come to really appreciate her friendship with Amy this time around. I do feel that she made some progress in this episode, but I still think that her and Bright were totally mismatched.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I agree that Amy was a bit too passive with Ephram and she should have snapped back at him, but she has a kind heart and I think she knew that Ephram was devastated by the news he received and so she let him vent his anger. I think that she was wonderful to pull out all the stops and get Ephram a second audition, but he was still too angry and hurt to go through with it. I still have such a deep burning resentment for how Ephram treated her in this episode and how he would treat her in these upcoming episodes, because Amy didn't deserve to have her heart broken due to circumstances that she had nothing to do with.
This is exactly how I feel.

He asked her to help him... he wasn't specific on how he wanted her to help him but he asked for her help. When you ask Amy for help she is going to certainly HELP. Like you said, she has such a kind heart and pulled out all the stops. I despise how he treated Amy as well. I wish he would have told her from the start he needed some space to digest everything instead of showing up her door, asking for her help, then from the moment the next day happens, he's distant and weird with even her as well, and this is before he even finds out she knew about the disaster two seconds before he leaves for NYC.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
This is exactly how I feel.

He asked her to help him... he wasn't specific on how he wanted her to help him but he asked for her help. When you ask Amy for help she is going to certainly HELP. Like you said, she has such a kind heart and pulled out all the stops. I despise how he treated Amy as well. I wish he would have told her from the start he needed some space to digest everything instead of showing up her door, asking for her help, then from the moment the next day happens, he's distant and weird with even her as well, and this is before he even finds out she knew about the disaster two seconds before he leaves for NYC.
I completely agree. One thing that I never liked about Ephram was his propensity for cruelty to the ones who loved him the most whenever he was hurt and/or upset, and Amy was the last person he should have been cruel to. I could understand that he would still be mad at Madison and Andy at this point, but Amy did nothing to deserve the cruel and harsh treatment that he gave her. Like you said, he asked for her help, but then when she tried to help him he treated her terribly.

Reply   Post New Thread